Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
The Song of the Siren (Accepting :: OPEN) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 173 174 175 176 177 178 ... 289 290 291 292 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:21 pm

((OOC: O.o))

Tianara smiled briefly at Joshua. However, at Allen's words, she paused and blinked, hesitating. "I...She..." She sent a quick, pleading look towards Joshua, and remembered her own words. What harm could there be in making an old man happy? In granting the wish he seemed to have held since forever? "My mother," she said softly. "My mother could be the model. She looks just like this." She picked up the statuette very tenderly, tracing the tail with her finger. "Even the scales are the same shade. I suppose she must just be the stereotype - blonde and beautiful."
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:27 pm

User Image

((Currently at the crazy of hermit's (Allen) house. Looking for descendants of Mac's past lives. Allen and Aria are who they're looking for but they don't know that.))

Allen looked surprised. "Your mother? Scales? She's a mermaid?!" As much as he wanted to know more, Mac's question called for an answer. He turned his attention to Mac. "The stories say she and her human husband had one child. A girl with eyes the color of the sea and hair of a silver shine. Legends say that any human girl with any drop of mermaid blood with reflect the sea in her eyes." He shrugged and gestured towards Aria. "So the legends say. The descriptions make me think that the color they mean is something like Aria's." He never sure what to make of that particular part of the legend - Did He and his granddaughter have mermaid blood? After all, Aria's mother had the same color eyes.

Joshua glanced at Aria, for once taking in her eyes. Allen was right - The sea was reflected in her eyes. It set the gears working in his mind.

Aria blushed, her eyes wide as everyone examined them. "I think that part is just silly. I'm just a normal girl." She told them all.

User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:34 pm

Tianara glanced back over her shoulder, her dark-blue eyes sleepily amused. "Well, she's not my birth mother, obviously," she replied to Allen's question. "But she's always given me everything I need." When Allen mentioned the part of the legend about human girls with sea-coloured eyes, she stiffened marginally. Her eyes turned to Aria, and she crossed the room to the other girl. "May I?" she asked as she crouched slightly so that she and Aria were at eye level. She stared intently into those sea-green eyes, looking for...something.

She spoke not a word for several minutes. At last, she sighed, rose and turned away, walking back to the statuette. She stood silently, her back to the room as she gazed at the mermaid figurine.
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:37 pm

((( Ok, then I will try to keep track. Hmm...maybe when they leave that place then I might jump in. XD )))

Dreaming_of_Flying

Beloved Admirer

EG Water

Seeker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:55 pm

Mac looked at her. Something pulled at him, and these two seemed to be the cause. Then he heard very faint sounds. It sounded as a lullaby, like something a mom would sing to a child. The voice was so distant sounding and it sounded echoic, no one would hear it normally. He then realized it was his memory. He seemed to look through Aria and his eyes gave a look of both curiosity and contentment.

"I need to know who the descendants are. Its very important" he said out loud. He seemed to already know, but he wanted to ask.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:15 am

User Image

((Yaya! Dreaming might come back!))

"The legends never say any names besides Listaria's. Not her husband nor her child." Allen told him dismissively. Yet one thing that had never occurred to him was that the only clue they needed was the mermaid's name. Listaria.....When it was split up, it became Listar and Aria - His granddaughter's name. More important to the old man right now was Tianara and her mermaid mother. When she was done with Aria, he spoke to her. "Now, my child. You mean to say you were raised by a mermaid? Seriously? May I meet her?" Allen looked ecstatic at the thought. Sure, he'd had some kids playing pranks on him like this before but this girl seemed too honest for that. Besides, it hadn't been until she'd seen the one particular statue. It made him think that she was being truthful.

Aria looked confused as Tianara stared into her eyes. She didn't blink though, letting the girl examine the odd color. She wasn't sure why but she got the feeling Tianara was looking for something. Just what, though?

Joshua was quiet, taking in everything with his own amber eyes. He was bursting to say something about the mermaids, but it was Tianana's mother they were talking about. That made it her call. "Tianara?" He asked quietly when she was done with Aria. "What were you looking for?"

User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:26 am

Tianara's gaze went soft as she looked over her shoulder at the old man. "Yes," she said quietly, her accent becoming more pronounced. "I was. It's why I walk funny - I'm not used to it. My mother..." She trailed off. "She's very shy of humans. She lives out in a very deep cavern with her clan. You can't meet her specifically - she's too shy. But there are others that live in Joshua's cove. They'd be happy to meet you." Looking at Joshua, she asked, "Do you think Narcis and Jinx would mind? Sorry and Nezik won't, I know that."

At Joshua's question, however, she sighed. "A touch," she said softly. "The mermaids...once you've lived with them, you get a feel for their magic. It's not really sensing it, it's more like seeing it. I was looking for it in her."
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:37 am

User Image

Joshua shifted slightly nervous. "Narcis might have an issue with it. He doesn't seem to like humans. Especially after out last.....adventure. I don't know about Jinx though." He glanced towards Aria. "And? Did you find it?" He asked, curious to know whether the really was mermaid descendant.

Allen listened in amazement, his eyes growing wide. "Haha! I knew it! I knew they were real!" The old man jumped out of his chair and began prancing around. He seemed rather lively for someone his age. He was laughing the whole while. "When can we go? As soon as possible!"

Aria sighed, watching her grandfather jump around. She didn't say anything to Tianara and Joshua. Living with the old man had taught her that sometimes it was pointless to argue. The girl merely listened. She didn't honestly think she had mermaid blood, but it was still interesting to know that they did exist.

User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:47 am

Tianara glanced back at the three of them, seeming to have forgotten what they had been saying. "Hmm? Oh," she said in response to Joshua. "I think so. I thought I saw something, anyway. But it's so faint," she murmured. "So faint I can't even be sure. You'd have to take her to a real mermaid to know."

She smiled a bit at Allen's reaction. "You were right," she said lightly. "Perfectly." When Joshua looked nervous - presumably about Narcis's reaction - she chuckled. "You know, I think that if Sorry's there to keep him in line, he'll be all right." She had been more worried about Jinx, who seemed to have Narcis's opinion of humans without anyone to soften her. But since she'd remembered that the younger Siren had taken Nezik and gone off to find the chained creature, she wasn't worried anymore.

"Well, I think we should go, Joshua, Mac," she told the other two. "That way we can do two things at once. Sorry can check Aria and make sure of what I just think, and Allen can meet some of the merfolk. What do you think?"
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:07 am

User Image

"Alright then." Joshua smiled and stood up. It looked like they needed a second opinion on Aria's heritage. "I guess we're off then." With a chuckle, he lead the way out of the house and on to the path.

Allen laughed delightedly, following behind Joshua. Out on the porch, he paused to grab a pair of sandals for himself and slip them on.

Aria blinked in surprise. She certainly hadn't been expecting that. Did she have mermaid blood? Now that she knew the stories were true, it seemed like a possibility. After all, the only other one she'd know with eyes her color was her mother - Allen's daughter. So if the legend was true, that color could have come from his line. Was it true? Shaking her head, the girl followed out the door and grabbed her sandals. Well, she'd soon find out if this 'Sorry' person could tell.

User Image

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:46 am

Tianara smiled a bit as she went back towards the cove. She walked alongside Joshua - she didn't know the way through the town. "Sorry," she said apologetically. "I thought I would be able to tell, but it's hard if it's not an actual member of the merfolk, or someone very closely descended from them. If Aria was the daughter of a mermaid, maybe, but as it is, I just can't be sure."

She glanced back to be sure that Allen and Aria and Mac were all with them. "I hope things go well when Allen meets the merfolk," she murmured. "It would be dreadful if they turn out to be less than what he was expecting. Maybe it would have been kinder just to leave him with his dreams."
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:18 pm

User Image

Joshua lead the way through town. "It's alright Tianara. Katalina will probably be able to tell. And if Aria is a mermaid descendant, it was so long ago that not even she knows." He followed Tianara's gaze back to Allen. Chuckling, the teen shook his head. "Nah. Even if all the others did was insult him, he'd still be happy to have simply met them. That's just how he is - Taking joy in everything." He ignored all the whispers and stares they were getting. Between Allen, the "crazy hermit", and Tianara, the new girl, together with Joshua, the town was certainly talking.

Allen and Aria followed behind, also ignoring the townsfolk. They were both used to it after all. He couldn't keep the grin off his face. To finally meet a mermaid! It was a dream come true. His life's wish - The one thing he'd hoped for yet never expected. After all, the merfolk were rather secretive. Soon, he would be able to die a happy man.

User Image

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:38 pm

Tianara flushed slightly under the stares and the whispering. Perhaps Joshua and Allen were used to it, but she was not. People were still so strange to her. "Yes," she said, in a brave attempt to ignore it. "Sorry will know." She, too, glanced back at Allen. "He seems like a nice man. There must not be many like him," she murmured, her eyes gentle. "Why does he live so far away from the other humans?"

After a second or two, a horrible thought struck her. "Joshua," she began as they passed into the wooded area that stood between them and the cliffs that would lead to the cove, "can you contact Sorry from here? I just realized that Narcis might try to take her back to her family. Tell her to tell him to wait, if you can, maybe? We can't introduce Allen to the merfolk if none of them are there, and Jinx and Nezik are gone chasing that chained thing."

She could have slapped herself for forgetting such an important detail. Neither Narcis nor Katalina knew that they were bringing Allen and Aria back with them, after all. So they might leave, assuming that there was nothing important going on until the three humans had tracked down the merfolk descendants - and she didn't want the old man to be disappointed.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:47 pm

User Image

Joshua glanced at the old man happily following them. "No, there's not many like him. He lives apart because otherwise he'd had to deal with the whispering, pointing, name-calling, and teasing every day. This way, he only has to deal with it when he comes into town." His voice was sad as he explained. Humans weren't the nicest creatures out there. He paled as he realized what Tianara was saying. "I don't know if I can reach her from this far. I'll certainly try though." He reached out with his mind, trying to find the mermaid. 'Katalina? Katalina, can you hear me? Don't leave the cove please. Or if you left, come back. Please. There's someone we want you to meet. We need your help to determine something.' Joshua sped up slightly, trotting down the path towards the cove.

User Image

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:56 pm

Tianara's eyes were sad. "Why would they tease him? He's so nice," she said, sounding unhappy. Was this what her family was going to leave her with, for the rest of her life? She didn't want to live like that. It sounded terrible. Nodding as he spoke, she murmured, "Yes. Try hard. It'll be tough this far from her, if she's not initiating."

For several seconds after Joshua reached out to Katalina, there was nothing. Then her voice came through to him, sounding soft and rather dazed, but happy. What? Oh. Joshua. Hi. I'm sorry, I was...distracted. What did you say? Then there was something that sounded very much like a soft laugh.

Tianara wondered if she should also have thought to warn him about the possibility that Katalina might not welcome the interruption.
"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 173 174 175 176 177 178 ... 289 290 291 292 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games