Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Geezerville ~ RP's
GGG Most WANTED ~ CLOSED Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 ... 5973 5974 5975 5976 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

New RN's. How bout it?
I desire to serve the Mistress and her ladies unconditionally
22%
 22%  [ 10 ]
I just want a drink
35%
 35%  [ 16 ]
Say What?
24%
 24%  [ 11 ]
Oh gawd. How am I going to walk in those heels?
17%
 17%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 45

Keisaku Hakurei

3,300 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Voter 0
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:34 pm
Quortek havas la plej grandan menson en la universo.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:35 pm

*Shudders* Gelatin is made out of bones....? *Goes pale* That's one food I'll never eat again.....

((And they are really? I'll have to go look that up but it would explain why I have always thought them gross))

iggies

Keisaku Hakurei

3,300 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Voter 0
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:38 pm
Oh well, I can deal with marshmallows having bone in them. I mean, cheap hot dogs are made from "inedible" animal parts and other meat by-products.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:40 pm

*Looking ill* Thank you for reminding my why I'm a vegetarian....

iggies

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:41 pm
Sorry, I don't speak Esperanto. It's also pretty easy to go without eggs given you make things yourself. If you try to get store bought stuff, there's going to be eggs in it, though. For example, all Little Debbie snacks have eggs. Each and every single one of them.... even ones that don't seem like they would.
{{I actually have read every list of ingredients to every snack Little Debbie makes...}}

And yes, gelatin is made out of bones.
{{It really is. I've known that since I was a child, actually. It was a bit of trivia in a booklet about bones that came with this glow-in-the-dark skeleton that I got.}}

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:44 pm
((It said "Quortek has the greatest mind in the universe" rofl ))

I don't see how gelatin and hot dogs are so gross, it's not like you're eating the ingredients in their original forms.  

Keisaku Hakurei

3,300 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Voter 0

iggies

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:49 pm

*Grimaces* Those junk foods don't even taste good. I do eat eggs, the right ones, but I can't eat dairy. *Glances at the grunny* Some of them will eat meats, but they are picky... Not sure how that happened though....

((I wish I had know that bit of trivia as a child... would have made turning down s'mores easier. Thankfully I just couldn't deal with marshmallows))

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:51 pm
Ketchup helps cover the flavor of a cheap hot dog, though I usually get the premium ones made from real meat instead of the cheap ones.  

Keisaku Hakurei

3,300 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Voter 0

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:52 pm
I don't think it's gross if you eat animals to begin with. I mean, if you're going to eat it, why discriminate what parts of it you eat? Even after I found out that gelatin was made of animal bones, I continued to eat it until I became vegetarian. Hot dogs I stopped liking due to the taste and smell rather than what was in them. It wasn't until later on in life that I had learned what they were made of, but I had already stopped eating them long before then.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:54 pm
Moon Rabbit Reisen

I don't see how gelatin and hot dogs are so gross, it's not like you're eating the ingredients in their original forms.

By-products? that's... *turns green* That's just disgusting...

((We were taught what the by-products were in grade school though.. plus my grandparent had a ranch/farm....))

iggies

Keisaku Hakurei

3,300 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Voter 0
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:56 pm
iggies
Moon Rabbit Reisen

By-products? that's... *turns green* That's just disgusting...

((We were taught what the by-products were in grade school though.. plus my grandparent had a ranch/farm....))
Organs, skin, hooves, horns... my understanding is that it's basically the parts people won't normally eat.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:01 pm

Ok... good you have an idea of what you are ingesting at least.

((I became a vegetarian when I was 16, but somethings I just couldn't stomach: the textures, the smells and others also knowing what was in them.... I'll eat a red meat when craving for migraines ... never figured out how it helps but it does... but I just don't feel well if I eat more that that

I have to go soon... I have to re-force sleep schedule))

iggies

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:11 pm
{{I became vegetarian about 5 and a half years ago. I had thought about it for a long time before then, but was under the impression that it "wasn't healthy", not to mention the fact that some people think it's "feminine" to not eat meat stare My spouse had already been vegetarian for a year or two when we met and really pushed for me to commit to it. I had gradually been eating less and less before then because my tastes seemed to be changing as I got older so it was a little easier for me at that point.}}  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:13 pm
((I'm not opposed to eating vegetarian, it's just harder to get some forms of nutrition if you cut out a lot if not all animal products.))  

Keisaku Hakurei

3,300 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Voter 0

iggies

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:17 pm

((Really people think its "feminine"? Never ran into that and I knew many guys that were.... our biggest danger was being in Farm country... and part of the "western frontier" and all that. Its easier now then it was, but we had fun too. We'd got to burger king and order a vegetarian whoopper... that was before meatless patties showed up....

Ok, I had better go.. if I can't sleep I'll come back on, but I have to give it a go... besides I do have new books begging to be read))

Geezerville ~ RP's

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 ... 5973 5974 5975 5976 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games