Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
The Song of the Siren (Accepting :: OPEN) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 174 175 176 177 178 179 ... 289 290 291 292 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:13 pm

User Image

Joshua waited tensely, breathing a sigh of relief when the mermaid responded. "I tell you later. I got Katalina." He muttered, more focused on keeping Katalina at the cove. 'Thank god I could reach you.' He wondered what had the mermaid so....distracted. 'We're coming back to the cove now. Are you and Narcis still there? We need you to check something. We think we found the mermaid's descendants but Tianara can't be certain. She said you'd be able to tell.' He could see the trees were beginning to thin out now. The were close to the cove now. Through the gaps between trees, the clear water could be seen.

User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:33 pm

"Okay," replied Tianara amicably enough. She fell silent as the trees began to thin out. It was good that he got Katalina. Dropping back slightly, she walked with Aria and Allen instead, so that she wouldn't distract Joshua as he talked to the mermaid. Particularly if he was having issues with keeping her at the cove.

Hmm? Oh, yes, murmured Katalina's voice. Yes. We're still here. I managed to...convince him that I'm not going back to see any quack healer. The soft, happy glow seemed to tone down in her mental voice as she listened to him. You found the descendants? Already? Fast work, Joshua. We'll check for you. You said you had someone you wanted us to meet - is that the descendant in question? She fell silent for a minute, then nodded. Bring them.

As they came out of the trees onto the beach, there was no one to be seen in the water. Nothing stirred. Tianara rolled her eyes. "Come on, you guys," she said irritably.

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:57 pm

User Image

Joshua nodded even though Katalina couldn't see him. 'Sorta. We want you to check descendant and her grandfather is practically out of his mind with joy at the chance to meet you.' Amusement colored his voice. He scanned the empty looking beach, then glanced at Allen. He grinned an easy, relaxed smile. "They're rather shy at times." Joshua murmured, glancing back to the water. "They should be here, a mermaid and a male Siren."

Allen grinned at Tianara as she dropped back to walk with him. When they reached the cove, he scanned the waters. He waited with baited breath, hoping to see them. The old man nodded at Joshua's words, not looking at him. His dream was finally coming true! And even better, there would be a Siren too.

Aria watched everything with her unshakable calm. Only a small smile revealed her amusement at her grandfather's antics. She sincerely hoped this was the real thing - for his sake. But Aria didn't think Joshua was a liar. He was much too honest and open for that.

User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:12 pm

Right now? Katalina inquired. There was a few seconds of silence, and then she sighed. Oh, all right. I'm coming. There was a minor splash from the general direction of the coral, a brief sound of laughter, and then Katalina surfaced. Pushing back her hair, she glanced in the direction of the beach. She waved at Joshua briefly, and came towards the beach - a little slower than her usual bullet-like speed, probably due to the injury to her arm, but still very quickly.

Smiling, she settled on the shallows of the water. Her eyes went to Aria. "That one." She said it immediately, with only a hint of amusement. "She's got our blood, Joshua. Only a drop or two of it - it's very diluted. But she has it." Swishing her tail slightly and managing to only wince marginally as sand brushed along the edges of the tear, she let her gaze trail across the group. Immediately identifying the fascinated-looking old man as the 'grandfather' that was so excited to meet them, she smiled at him and held out a hand. "Hi," she said lightly.

Narcis had come out more slowly, his wariness plain. He examined the group that stood on the beach, and though his eyes widened slightly as he noticed Aria, he said nothing.

Tianara grinned. "Now all we need is for Jinx and Nezik to come back," she said cheerfully.

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:51 pm

User Image

Aria looked surprised at the sudden announcement. The mermaid had barely glanced at her! Tianara had searched for a few minutes and could only guess. Well, she supposed the mermaid would know her own blood when she saw it. Like everything else, Aria took the news with a calm demeanor. "How can you be so sure?" She asked mildly. "After just a glance?"

Allen could hardly contain himself. This was a really mermaid, no jokes. He could easily see her tail through the clear water of the shallows. "Oh wow...." Seeing her, Allen realized something - None of his statues or paintings did justice to the beauty of a mermaid. He glanced at the Siren, noting the wariness. 'That's to be expected. After spending his whole life in hiding, I doubt it's easy to simply trust a human. Though she doesn't seem to mind so much.' He had to wonder why the mermaid was being so much friendlier. Kicking off his sandals, Allen began wading into the water. When he could, he reached out and grasped her hand in a firm handshake. He was grinning the whole time. "I am Allen. It's an absolute pleasure to meet you!"

Jpshua frowned when he saw Katalina wince but he said nothing. He wasn't surprised when he noticed Narcis's wariness. 'Hey, it's better than outright dislike. I'll settle for just wary. At least he decided to come out.' He glanced at Tianara and nodded. "Yeah. Then we'll have everyone."

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:00 pm

Katalina smiled very gently at Aria. "We know our own magic when we see it," she replied easily. "If it satisfies you, I'll do a more in-depth search in a minute - see if I can guess what clan your ancestor came from. That's harder, though." Then she turned her attention to Allen. She thought he, too, might be one of theirs, but in men it was harder to tell than in women. Pushing back her wet hair, she smiled when he shook her hand. "I am Katalina," she replied equably, entertained by the man's fascinated demeanour. "It's nice to meet you too, Allen. Narcis, say hello," she added, glancing at the Siren.

Narcis remained silent, examining Aria and Allen minutely. He shot Katalina an irritated glance when she spoke to him. "Hello," he said in an absolute monotone. Even that effort - and it was a good one - couldn't completely disguise the musical accent of the sea. Nevertheless, Katalina narrowed her eyes at him. With a sigh, he continued, "I'm Narcis." That seemed to be enough to satisfy the mermaid, who turned her complete attention back to Allen and Aria.

Tianara smiled a bit. "Joshua," she said as a thought occurred, "if they find the chained thing, what are they going to do with him? They can hardly fight him. They're just kids, really."

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:18 pm

User Image

Aria shook her head, coming closer. "It doesn't matter. I don't think it would really make a difference." She smiled in amusement. "Besides, I'm not sure it would even mean anything to me as I don't know the clans." For her, it was simply enough to know she had mermaid blood. The girl had to wonder though, who it was in her family that was the mermaid. 'Well, if nothing else, it explains that weird closeness I've always felt with water. I'm going to have to pull out those old family records when I get home. See who it is. Or rather, who it could be.' Kicking off her sandals, Aria walked so that she was ankle deep in the water.

Allen seemed delighted with the fact that Narcis had spoken, however monotone and irritated the Siren seemed by it. He was ecstatic that Katalina was so sure that Aria had the mermaid blood. He was simply overjoyed at the entire situation. 'Now I can die a happy man! More than happy even!' "Have you always lived here Katalina? Right under my very nose this whole time?" He seemed amused by the prospect. Spending his whole life along these beachs with a passion for the merfolk, yet they had been here this whole time.

Joshua shook his head. "No, nothing like that. I just wanted to see if we could keep tabs on him. That way, we could tell when and where to look for trouble." He didn't honestly expect Nezik and Jinx to fight the creature. They were after all, as Tianara said, still children.

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:31 pm

Katalina smiled a bit at the girl. It was true - it didn't really matter. She had made the offer only because Aria didn't seem to believe the idea that she had any seafolk blood at all, despite having had a mermaid tell her so. It had been the slightest p***k to her pride that the girl would disbelieve her on a point that she would so obviously know. Well, at least she could be assured that the girl sort of believed now, and that was better than nothing. Patiently, she turned back to Allen. "Yes," she said. "I haven't always lived here, that is, but it's been a very long time. I spent most of my time in the coral beds, there," she nodded in their direction. "Ever since I met Joshua, I've been living just in the cove. It's easier."

Tianara looked troubled. "Maybe we should have told Jinx that," she murmured. "She has a fighter's spirit. I doubt she would be content just to watch the thing, and Nezik would probably go along with her. She's very persuasive."

Her fears were proved unfounded, however, when two more shapes appeared in the distant water. Nezik surfaced first, looking around for Joshua. "We didn't find anything," he called. "No one's seen anything like--" He cut off when he spotted Aria and Allen, backing up just slightly and seeming to think about diving again. Then he seemed to note that his sister and Narcis were talking to the new people, and relaxed. He made his way over to Joshua. "No one's seen anything like what we saw in Tianara's family's cave," he finished more quietly.

Jinx, also coming to the surface, shot the new humans a quick look before joining Nezik. "We looked all over the place," she added in disgust.

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:50 pm

User Image

Allen turned to Joshua, mockingly calling out to him. "Joshua! Why didn't you tell me you had a mermaid living in your front yard?" He found it rather ironic that Katalina had been living under his nose the entire time.

Joshua grinned and shook his head. "I did tell you, old man. You're talking to her aren't you? Besides, I myself only found out recently." He called back to Allen.

Allen merely laughed and turned back to Katalina. He was about to say something when he noticed the dark shapes in the water. Holding his breath, he watched as Nezik surfaced. His grin became even wider when the pair came closer rather than fleeing. "Hello, hello!" He greeted them enthusiastically.

Joshua nodded to Nezik, wading into the water. That was rather what he'd expected. Still, there'd been no harm in trying. He kept his voice low, like Nezik. "Alright. Thanks Nezik, Jinx. Anyways, we found the mermaid descendant that Mac was looking for." He smiled, glancing at Aria. "Apparently everything is just under my nose but I never see it." He joked around. "First Katalina and you guys, now Aria. I've known her for a few years now. Never really thought she'd be the one."

Aria blinked as even more showed up. 'I didn't really expect so many in one place. I thought there'd only be one or two. Not four. Still, grandpa is just over the moon with joy.' She smiled, watching the old man interact with the others. He really was amusing to watch.

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:57 pm

Mac went up to Aria, "Aria...You are the one..." he said calmly, "my earthbound soul was once your great grandmother, the same mermaid that the legends spoke of". He looked deep into her eyes, "There is something that I need to show you, something that will be of use to you" he finished. His eyes gave a small radiant flash of beautiful blue.

EG Water

Seeker

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:01 pm

Katalina smiled sleepily as the two humans joked around. She hoped that seeing humans that were so obviously able to communicate and get along would help Tianara a bit. And, she thought, watching the girl from beneath lowered lashes, she seemed to be. The little brunette seemed more at ease around these humans. Maybe she wouldn't need as much help as Katalina had originally thought after all.

Nezik, startled, turned to glance at the old man again. He hadn't realized that they'd been seen already. He managed a smile and a quick wave. He'd go over and join them in a moment, but for now he needed to finish speaking to Joshua. "There are some of the merfolk keeping an eye out for him," the boy said seriously. "If we've found the descendant you were looking for, what's going to happen from there? Are they going to help us?"

Jinx, bored with the conversation and no longer feeling necessary, made her way over to Narcis and Katalina. Hooking an arm lazily around her brother's neck and ignoring his soft hiss, she glanced up at Allen with a curious look on her face. "Who are you, then?" she inquired. She didn't often bother with manners - it took her longer to learn what she wanted to know if she added in all the linguistic dance one was expected to perform when they met someone new.

Tianara glanced from Mac to Aria with a slight lift of the brow. Well, she thought, way to get right to the point.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:13 pm

User Image

"Good to know that others are watching for him." Joshua nodded appreciatively. "As to Aria, I'm not sure. Mac's talking to her right now. I suspect that she'll help us. She and her grandfather are very caring people. Also, Aria's not one to lose her head. I don't think I've ever seen her mad. And that just might be helpful in this situation." Joshua smiled, glancing at Aria.

Aria looked confused. "Ookay....That's a little weird." She admitted. But considering all that she'd learned today, why couldn't it be true? A lot of people believed in reincarnation. Sighing, she twirled a strand of her mahogany hair around her finger. "Alright then. What is it you need to show me?" 'Might as well go along.' She figured. 'Who knows what'll happen?'

Allen grinned at Jinx. "Ah, a very forward girl I see. Straight to the point." He didn't seem offended by her lack of manners. Rather, he seemed amused in anything. "I am Allen, my dear. nd you might be....?" He inquired after her name.

User Image

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:20 pm

"Good," said Nezik, looking mildly relieved. "We might even pull out of this," he said softly. "But I doubt it. Don't you?" If that chained thing was already getting ready to cause a war, they were behind, and that meant they weren't going to be prepared. They'd done what they could to warn the others. And now they had to wait. "If they can do whatever Mac believes they can do, we might manage to handle it," he said at last, sounding like he was trying to convince himself.

Narcis turned to give his little sister a meaningful glare. She blinked innocently at him, but didn't move away. "I'm Jianixiliesa," she replied cheerfully. Sheerly for entertainment value, she decided to let him struggle with that for a few minutes.

"Nixie," Narcis said pointedly, even as Katalina kindly informed Allen, "But people call her Jinx. I'm sure you can see why." The mermaid grinned at the younger Siren. "She's a menace to everyone around her half the time."

Jinx chuckled, seeming not at all put out by Katalina's description of her. "Are you here to help us, then?" she asked Allen. "Sea-spirits know we need it."
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:22 pm

Mac looked at her and looked back at everyone, "I need to take Aria to the shore line in front of the town. Who will come along?" he asked aloud.

EG Water

Seeker

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:28 pm

Tianara glanced over. "Why not just the two of you?" she inquired. "Nezik has to finish telling us, and it might not work if other people come along." She didn't mention what might not work - mostly because she wasn't entirely sure herself.
"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 174 175 176 177 178 179 ... 289 290 291 292 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games