Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
The Song of the Siren (Accepting :: OPEN) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 176 177 178 179 180 181 ... 289 290 291 292 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

EG Water

Seeker

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:58 am

((The pendant allows her to transform into her merself and back, it can change into a weapon (probably a trident), it can do a healing barrier, and whatnot. The same goes for anyone else who decides to use it. It also has an activation phrase called "Ocean Love" and then "Merform" or "Human" or "Protection" or "Weapon"))

Mac looked at her and smiled, "Well, it seems to be important looking. It doesn't come with any instructions?" he asked her.

(brb, mowing the lawn :/)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:25 pm

((OOC: OMFG, it's totally an Evolving Item! razz ))

Tianara flushed slightly. "Oh. I...I didn't want to ruin your clothes," she murmured, running a hand over the pant leg. "Will they be okay in salt water?" She asked it already coming into the water, looking happy to be back in it even for a short time.

Narcis glanced over at Joshua. "No, not repeating that," he agreed calmly. "Mostly because I haven't fully been restored yet. I'd weaken even faster if we tried that again." He nodded at his sister's words. "It's the best bet we have, so far. We need to track down the clans that have taken in children, find out how many and if they know where the kids have gone." He seemed to have taken to the idea - apparently he preferred ocean children to normal humans. "Nezik and Jinx could handle that," he murmured. "If there are many of them, all four of us could go."

Jinx listened to Allen's questions, and nodded eventually. "I don't know how many. They aren't precisely legion - people tend to be careful with their children. But abandoned babies, young children lost overboard or in a shipwreck, we tend to take them in if we find them in time." Frowning a bit, she glanced at Katalina. "Why do we do that, again?"

Katalina smiled wryly as she took up the explanation. "Since the waters are growing polluted, it's becoming...more difficult for the merfolk to have children of their own. We love children." She said it with a shrug. "There are very few of the merfolk who could accept leaving a child in the water to die." But when Allen suggested the ocean children as proof, Katalina shook her head. "Who would believe them? Even if they were believed, those who were against us would claim it was out of guilt - that we sank the ships, or caused the storms, and took the children in solely due to a guilty conscience." She smiled faintly. "I don't know if it would be believed, but that's how it would be played."

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:35 pm

((OOC: ATTENTION PLEASE!
I've started a list of Established Merfolk Facts on the first page. If you see anything I've forgotten - and I know there's a lot - please let me know so I can add it in!))
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:40 pm

User Image

((Thanks. That's good to know.))

Aria leaned against the rock, looking at Mac. She lifted the pendant by the cord, examining it. "No written ones, in any case." She said with a small laugh. The laugh faded as she stared at the pendant as it slowly twirled. "No written instructions, but still.....I....I know this pendant. I've never seen it before, but I know it." She didn't understand how it could be, but she had to accept it as true. The girl never even knew about the scallop shell pendant before today, yet she knew how it worked. And it was hers. She felt it in her blood - The pendant belonged to those of Listaria's blood.

Joshua shook his head, grinning at Tianara. "Don't worry about it. They should be okay. And if they aren't, then I just go get more. Not a big deal." He shrugged, unconcerned. He turned back to listen to Allen and the others. Sighing, he nodded. He knew that more than likely, people would jump to the conclusions Katalina had said. He ran one hand through his pale hair. "Either way, they could still be of use."

Allen looked surprised at Katalina's words. He hadn't thought of that. Though now that it was brought to his attention he realized the truth in her words. Humans tended to jump to the worst conclusions. "Well, this is why they say two heads are better than one." He muttered, more to himself than anything. "So little details don't get forgotten."

((Good idea! ^_ ^ The list looks good. I can't think of anything else right now.))

User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

EG Water

Seeker

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:47 pm

Mac looked at her and thought. Then somehow words came into his mind. Aqua knew what to say, and Aqua said it through Mac this time. "Ocean Love..." Mac said, understanding that he just said it without himself knowing.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:51 pm

User Image

Aria felt a shiver run down her spine. She tore her eyes away from the pendant to stare at Mac. "That's it." She murmured, sea-green eyes wide. "How did you know?" The girl was still trying to understand that Mac held the spirit of her ancestor. It was a lot to take in.

User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:54 pm

((OOC: Have to go water the garden and fold some laundry. I'll be back soon!))

Thus reassured, Tianara waded in and settled herself on the sandy bottom of the water. "We don't need to be proof to help," she said softly. "Some of us have made lives, made families, on land." She grinned at Jinx. "You said we're not precisely legion, but that's not quite true. There's us, and then there's the spouses, the friends, the children, of the other ocean children that have already made lives in the world. Especially their kids - they would have been raised to believe and love as we do." She smiled and shrugged. "It's just what we do. It's what I would do. And we're taught to love children. Each ocean child who had the chance would have at least one kid, probably more. We are legion."

Jinx's eyes widened a bit. "You're right," she murmured. "I didn't think of the clan they would have. For each one that's already in the world, there's the humans that they're close to. We've got a small army on land already, and we never even thought of it. All we have to do is contact them and see if they're willing to stand with us."

Katalina looked a little worried. "The only problem is that that will expose them," she said quietly. "I know that most of the clans send their children into the world at a certain age so that they won't be exposed that way."

Tianara shook her head. "It would be worth it," she said clearly. Her voice rang with certainty. "If my family was in danger, I wouldn't hide behind the excuse that I might be exposed as someone they'd shown love to."

Neither Nezik nor Narcis said anything. They seemed to be considering the idea. Hesitantly, Narcis said at last, "It's a start."
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:03 pm

User Image

Joshua's eyes widened as Tianara and Jinx's words registered. They did have a veritable army on their hands. "And to top it off, they're spread out. Aren't they?" He glanced at Katalina for confirmation. "That's a nice little two-fold fact - It spreads our range of influence even wider and also makes it harder for them to all be caught." He tossed the idea around in his mind.

Allen shook his head at Katalina. "We should at least give them the choice." His eyes held a serious look. "How would you feel if your family was in danger and you didn't find out until they were already fighting? Wouldn't you wish you'd been told earlier so that you can help? I know I'd do everything for my family." He glanced up the beach, the way Aria and Mac had gone.

User Image

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:13 pm

Katalina smiled gently at Allen. "Oh, we'll give them the choice," she replied. "That, I think, was the whole point of Tianara's idea." She sighed a bit, and shook her head. "It's what we have." Although it was clear that she wasn't a huge fan of the idea, it was also clear that she knew it was a good one. "It'll have to do."

"They are," Narcis, strangely, was again the one to confirm Joshua's theory. "Most of them like to stay within range of their families, so that they can visit every now and then. Bring the children, show them where they come from. They're as spread out and varied as the clans are. It's a good idea, Tia," he told the girl. "We might finally have something."

Nezik sat back. "If we're settled on it," he said, "Jinx and I can start going to the nearby clans, asking them about their ocean children. If they don't have any, they know who does. And most clans keep track of where their graduated children live."

"Age limit," said Katalina firmly. "It is a good idea, but we're drawing the line at small children being an active part of this war." Nezik nodded briefly, as though he'd known she would say that, and neither Jinx, Narcis nor Tianara seemed inclined to disagree. It probably stemmed from the love of children that Katalina had mentioned earlier - none of them wanted to see little kids involved.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:18 pm

Mac became normal again. He looked at her, "I didn't know, it just came to me I think..." he said. He then went over to her, "You see, I'm not just that mermaid from long ago, that's not the half of it...I also am the anima of Water." he spoke gently, "A great evil has been manipulating the minds of certain people both land and sea alike. We must prevent any disaster that might come".

Unbeknown to them, a harpy was flying above the area Mac and Aria were at, watching them.

EG Water

Seeker

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:24 pm

((OOC: Why are harpies always the bad guys?! I like harpies. whee ))
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:26 pm

User Image

Joshua nodded once. "Right. War is not meant for children." He sighed, looking down. "It's not meant for anyone." He muttered to himself. But if it came to it, there would be fighting. There would be a war. And if they couldn't stop it before it started, Joshua knew that even he would fight. Shaking his head, he focused himself again.

Allen nodded at Nezik. "It looks like it's settled. Let's get this done as fast as possible. The more warning they have, the better prepared they can be." Suddenly, he chuckled. "Who knows? Maybe some of them will think of something we over looked. Something so simple that you have to take a step back to see."

"The anima of water....." Aria repeated in a gentle murmur. "Hmm...." She was quiet for a few moments, thinking things over. Pieces of the puzzle seemed to fall into place. She held up the pendant once more, glancing at Mac. "And you believe this will help?" The girl was sure that the pendant would help, somehow. She just wanted to know if he thought so too or if he thought it was a fool's errand.

User Image

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

EG Water

Seeker

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:36 pm

((I just did research on Sirens, and they normally look like a woman with bird wings and feet, so how can we make that fit? maybe a sea form and enchanting form?) Harpies are more birdlike and are more evil. LOL I do too much research))

"The pendant will help, although you must let the power become you so you know how to use it" he finished. Mac looked up and saw what looked like a bird circling overhead, a big bird.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:38 pm

((OOC: Those are avian Sirens. They've been mentioned. But thank you for mentioning that - I'll go put it on the first page!
I still like harpies. Their original job was to heckle criminals until they confessed, you know. And then take them to hell. heart
Off to make nachos. Will post when I return.))

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:40 pm

User Image

Aria looked confused at his words. "Let the power become me?" What did he mean by that? She followed his gaze upwards, but dismissed the circling bird. The pendant seemed more important right.

User Image

"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 176 177 178 179 180 181 ... 289 290 291 292 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games