Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[D&D 4e - One Shot/Recruiting] Doorway to Chaos [6/8] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:06 am
((Man, I cannot wait until my turn. I'm already laughing about it.))  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:01 pm
((I think we need Toranis to blast these fat blues, it farts necrotic damage when i hack it up close))  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Reevinja Mk II rolled 1 20-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-20)

Reevinja Mk II
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:22 pm
[ OA ]  
Reevinja Mk II rolled 2 20-sided dice: 19, 12 Total: 31 (2-40)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:29 pm
[ +22 vs. Will [Red Herring]
+23 vs. AC [Sentinel] ]

Reevinja Mk II
Vice Captain

Reevinja Mk II rolled 1 10-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-10)

Reevinja Mk II
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:31 pm
[ 1d10+7 damage ]  
Reevinja Mk II rolled 2 6-sided dice: 6, 5 Total: 11 (2-12)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:34 pm
[ damage 2d6+6 plus 5 fire ]  

Reevinja Mk II
Vice Captain

Reevinja Mk II rolled 1 20-sided dice: 12 Total: 12 (1-20)

Reevinja Mk II
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:35 pm
[ Oops; forgot to roll the second d20 vs. Red from Displaccer Armor. ]  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:44 pm
The burning beast is unable to move out of the way in time, and Barberie's greatsword tears into it and forces it to the ground. Unfortunately, Red Herring is not as lucky and his strike misses the cloaked figure. As he attempts to move away, the figure swings out with its' claw in an attempt to capitalize on an opportunity - Red Herring proves too fast, though, and is gone before the claw even comes near him.

The following assault by both Soveliss, and Barberie is utterly brutal on the fiery creature. It is utterly torn apart by Soveliss' spear, and Barberie's greatsword - leaving nothing but a pile of ash behind as it immolates itself in death.

The canines rush down from the portal, positioning themselves in the center of the area amid the larger beasts. As the portal becomes more stable, and more lightning crackles between the focusing crystals - the faint image of four of the red-skinned creatures faintly appear within its' swirling chaos, no doubt ready to emerge soon like the canines had.

The cloaked figure slinks around the battlefield, ending up next to one of the fatter creatures. It holds its' hand out toward Red Herring, and he suddenly feels an intense pain while his mind is assaulted with various images of cruelty - forcing him back. The brimstone creature, standing behind the huge furry one, raises up another chunk of brimstone and attempts to hurl it by the huge creature to hit Sentinel. Unfortunately, the huge creature proves to be... too large, and takes the hit for Sentinel causing him to be sprinkled with bits of rock and fire - but nothing which harms him.

[ Apologies for the five-day disappearance, those unforeseen complications I mentioned came up and I've had a stressful few days. Don't have the ability to update the map right now, so bare with me.

I2 is dead.
@Red Herring: 5 psychic damage, slide 5 squares, grant CA to R until end of your next turn.
G takes 22 damage [17 + 5 fire] by an poorly-aimed attack.

[ Position Update ]
Red Herring: M19 [H19 before sliding, M19 after]
C1: J13
C2: K13
C3: L13
C4: M13
R: D17
I2: Gone/Dead

[ Initiative - Round 6 || Click For Map [Not Updated, See Above Positions] || ]

[37] R [34 Damage]
[33] RD [10 Damage]
[28] Sentinel [40 Damage] [Ongoing 5 Fire Damage - Save Ends] [Prone]
------- Adjacent allies + Sentinel gain cover vs. ranged and area attacks.
------- Adjacent allies gain a +1 shield bonus to AC
[27] Toranis [16 Damage]
------- Lightning Field: When hit on melee/enemy moves adjacent. [End of Round 5 Turn]
[26] G [292 Damage - Bloodied]
[25] S1 [31 Damage], S2 [86 Damage - Bloodied]
[23] Xavier [24 Damage]
[16] Soveliss [83 Damage] [Ongoing 5 Fire Damage - Save Ends]
[14] Barberie [71 Damage - Bloodied]
------- Armor: +2 Reflex While Bloodied
------- Fearsome Presence: +2 All Defenses until stance ends.
------- Thunderfury Boar: Until rage ends, when an adjacent enemy hits or misses her, she can make a melee basic as an imm. reaction
------- Inspire Fury: While raging, any allies within 5 squares who hit with a melee attack get +2 to damage.
[12] Red Herring [41 Damage]
------- Combat Advantage - Grant CA to R until end of round 6 turn.
------- Firesoul Aura: 5 fire damage to anything which hits him in melee.
------- Displacer Armor: Attacks against Red roll 2d20, taking the lowest result.
------- Resist 5 All Damage
[00] C1, C2, C3, C4

Round 6 - Toranis, Sentinel - Go! ]

Reevinja Mk II
Vice Captain

SporkMaster5000 rolled 2 20-sided dice: 9, 20 Total: 29 (2-40)

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:10 pm
Sentinel stands as the hairy brute assaulting him lets up and gets pelted by its own ally's rock. Apparently uncaring of the massive creature before him, he turns to look over his shoulder, "Red's right, we have to get rid of their artillery. Toranis!" he shouted, "What happens when a fat demon's struck by lightning?" Trusting the others to finish off the left flank Sentinel turns back to the beast before him, raising his arm and putting the momentum behind a blow lead by the whirling bladed edge of his shield.

((Stand from prone,
Iron bulwark on big G. +22 vs. AC, G is marked and I get a +2 power bonus to AC for a turn. (before raging frenzy, if it's gonna use that on me)
Foe stone RD.
+2 save vs. damage))  
SporkMaster5000 rolled 2 6-sided dice: 3, 5 Total: 8 (2-12)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:11 pm
Why could those not have been in the other order?

2d6 +13 damage if that hit  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
Rain Yupa rolled 1 20-sided dice: 17 Total: 17 (1-20)

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:19 pm
Current Status: 99/115, Resist 6 Fire

STANDARD ACTION

"That's IT! I've HAD IT!" Toranis would shout, whirling around. "IF YOU GUYS DON'T STOP ARGUING RIGHT THIS INSTANT, I'M TURNING THIS ENCOUNTER AROUND AND WE'RE GOING STRAIGHT HOME!!!"

Quote:
Extinguishing Rain [AP,p32] - Close Burst 10. Toranis and each of his allies in the burst gain Resist Fire 6 until the end of the encounter. Also, a conjuration or zone blah blah blah doesn't matter.

MOVE ACTION

After the clouds gathered along the ceiling of this massive chamber and a light drizzle began to fall, Toranis would take the opportunity to reposition himself.

Quote:
Move 2E, 3NE to T15

FREE ACTION

"Don't think I forgot about you, little man. POW!"

Quote:
Lightning Daggers, +21 vs G's Reflex. If it hits, 3d4 + 23 lightning damage.

Rain Yupa rolled 6 4-sided dice: 2, 1, 4, 2, 3, 4 Total: 16 (6-24)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:20 pm
38 vs G's Reflex.

3d4 + 23 = 7 or 9 + 23 = 32 lightning damage to G.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Reevinja Mk II
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:48 pm
[ Apologies everyone,

Been having some life issues (including getting sick) which has made it.. difficult to post. Things are starting to get better though so I should be back to posting more regularly soon.

However, I've run out of time today as I was posting for my other games.. >.<.. so I will be trying to post tomorrow, or Saturday for this game. Saturday is more likely.

Just thought I should let everyone know what is up, and when you can expect a post. ]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:39 am
[sorry everyone, but I've decided play-by-post is not for me, I'll be bowing out of this game and thread, thanks for letting me try it out though]  

Genericho

Reevinja Mk II rolled 1 20-sided dice: 16 Total: 16 (1-20)

Reevinja Mk II
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:14 pm
[ Sorry to hear that, though I wouldn't let my attempt here to turn you off on play-by-post entirely.. I'd recommend giving it another try or two.

On that note.. would someone like to take over Red Herring for me? I could NPC him, but it'd be easier for me if someone else does it.

Besides that, Immediate Reaction attack vs. Sentinel - +22 vs. AC. ]

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces