Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply The ART Dept
General "Art Update" Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Boxers or briefs?
  Boxerbriefs
  Get off my lawn!! *shakes cane*
  None of your damn business.
  Bikinis
  I like toast.
  What does this have to do with art?
  Boxers
  Boyshorts
  Briefs
  *throws rocks at ThisEmptySoul*
View Results

Icy Reign

Unsealed Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:04 pm
ThisEmptySoul
Sketch

Not sure when, but I plan on taking the pen tool to the tats, making them custom shapes, then reflecting them onto the other side. *got too lazy to try to draw them by hand on the other side*
Is this your original design? Because I may have to steal it. ninja That is after I make an adjustment or two to it. ninja  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:11 pm
Icy Reign
Is this your original design? Because I may have to steal it. ninja That is after I make an adjustment or two to it. ninja
Why yes... yes it is. I based it on the front tattoos, using similar shapes... and dots galore emotion_awesome

I always figured I was no good at that kind of thing and I would have to wait around for someone else to give me a good idea for the back tattoos or keep trying to find something on google, but one day I just sat down with it and started doodling, keeping in mind what the tattoos in the front look like to make it consistent.

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Kaori Silnaak

Fashionable Explorer

6,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:46 pm
ThisEmptySoul
Just for Icy emotion_awesome

*nabs* cat_whee

*feels chest* Why are they gone?! cat_gonk  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:47 pm
ThisEmptySoul
Why yes... yes it is. I based it on the front tattoos, using similar shapes... and dots galore emotion_awesome

I always figured I was no good at that kind of thing and I would have to wait around for someone else to give me a good idea for the back tattoos or keep trying to find something on google, but one day I just sat down with it and started doodling, keeping in mind what the tattoos in the front look like to make it consistent.
You're way more talented and creative than you give yourself credit for, but you've always said that a good artist is their own biggest critic. Now, these belong to Draa correct? Which means Vass and Taus also have the same ones? That trio definitely needs their own piece. I just imagined Draa having Vass and Taus as his "good/bad", perched on his shoulders acting as his conscience. rofl That would be funny as hell.  

Icy Reign

Unsealed Exhibitionist

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:00 pm
Correct. They would be Draa's/Vass'/Taus', and yes, the three of them definitely need their own piece.

I'm having a hard time getting back into either writing or drawing and it's frustrating because I have plenty of ideas for both, but I'm trying to do some easier things like sketching and coloring to help try gradually easing back in.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:36 pm
Icy Reign
I just imagined Draa having Vass and Taus as his "good/bad", perched on his shoulders acting as his conscience. rofl That would be funny as hell.

rofl That would be great!  

Chef_Karrie

Dedicated Feeder

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:44 pm
I've been working on this on and off for a while now... I don't even remember when I started it anymore. cat_sweatdrop

http://th04.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2012/304/b/9/kits_and_mwee_by_aerisami-d5jlh3k.jpg  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:57 am
Excellent job on the inking once again. *plots to start dumping off all his inking work onto Kits when she least expects it* ninja

Some of the coloring doesn't quite go all the way to the lines in some places, though, most noticeably around Mwee's arm. Are you putting your coloring on the same layer as your lines or on a different layer?

On another note, I really like the curve that the {viewer} left shoulder has. I tend to look at shoulders a lot for some reason so that part draws my attention the most.... *might unknowingly have a shoulder fetish or something* emotion_facepalm

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:59 pm
Thanks. cat_smile I've decided that I like inking them in Gimp much better than by hand. It gives it a smoother look. Plus there's that handy "undo" feature. cat_ninja

The coloring's on a different layer. Each area is on it's own layer, actually. The white pots happen when I'm erasing to clean it up after shading and highlights. Usually I use a blur filter on it so it's not so noticeable, but this time I decided not to. cat_sweatdrop Probably should have gone back to fix it...

Shoulders are really easy to get wrong. That might be part of the reason you look there.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:27 am
hmm...
I think my next tutorial will be a coloring one emotion_awesome

... if I can make myself work on it emotion_facepalm

I also just recently got a tablet I haven't gotten the opportunity to play with yet because I need to clean off my desk to have somewhere to put it emotion_facepalm

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:23 pm
Well, you've got time... next Art Night for AS won't be till sometime in December. Most of my work lately has been class stuff, and I won't get it back till then most likely. So unless I somehow find time to get some other stuff done, that's what will be in the gallery. cat_sweatdrop My other artists that I have permission to use haven't been finishing much lately, it's all WIP's.

Ooh, tablet. cat_smile I can't afford one, but if I could I'd get one, it would make coloring so much easier. Can be a little hard when you're left-handed. I can't use a mouse with my left hand for some reason.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:51 am
When I do coloring, all my strokes are sloppy anyway and I smooth it out with smudging, so it doesn't matter that I'm using my right hand ninja I can't use this particular mouse with my left hand {nor my last one for that matter...} because it's got thumb buttons on the side for right handed users.

I can't really afford a tablet either, but the spouse bought one anyway since we're already in debt and apparently they intend to keep us there, but at least I got something out of their need to spend for once. It's currently still in the box.

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:17 pm
My current mouse has the thumb buttons too. The last one didn't, but I still couldn't do it left-handed. I've never been able to, along with several other things.

Still in the box? I'd already have it out and be playing with it. cat_xd  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:16 pm
As soon as it came in I wanted to take it out, but as I said, I needed to clean off my desk. I've got the space for it now because I spent a lot of yesterday cleaning it, but the spouse thought I did such a great job on mine that my task for today was cleaning theirs emotion_facepalm Their keyboard was disgusting...  

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:14 am
I won't lose! I'll get a tablet too! scream  
The ART Dept

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items