Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 2 Chapter 1: Daiippo/First Step Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 56 57 58 59 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:19 am
@Emergency Tunnel:

With very loud clatters and bangs (distinctly a lot of metal falling to the ground.) A door would be swiftly opened and a Kagae would rush from his workshop to the tea room slamming the door open.

"Whatever she has told you about me is a lie!" Kagae would shout pointing at his mother.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:05 pm
@Kaiu Estate

Zanzen set his cup down carefully, looking up towards Kagae. "She has yet to mention anything about you. In fact, Kojiro has been the only one to mention anything, and that being about how well you did in the tournament."  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:40 pm
GM's notes:
Kojiro: -1k0 earth/water.
Denbe: -1k0 earth/void.
Kagae: -1k0 fire.
Seichiro: -1k0 earth/void.
Zanzen: -1k0 earth/water.
Kyumi: -1k0 fire/void.
Hisashi:None
Miyako: None

--------------------

Kaiu Hana's chuckling would die down to allow Miyako the opportunity so speak, which she would be given. "Oh, deary, that's terrible. But Bayushi-san is right, such complications DO arise. We've had several attempts to marry off Kagae-san fail."

Enter: The Kagae.

"Kagae-kun, you've finally come out of your shell!" Clapping her hands together excitedly, she would get up and move to her son's position at the door, guiding him into the room, towards her seat. "You can keep our guests entertained while I fetch the baby portraits of you!"

Despite any verbal objections, she would interlock her hands within her sleeves and cheerfully exit the room without another word.  
Plainsfox rolled 8 10-sided dice: 1, 10, 3, 8, 9, 2, 9, 1 Total: 43 (8-80)
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:41 pm
@Kaiu Estates

Kojiro did his utmost to keep a straight face. This situation was getting a little bit to familiar. Kojiro would have to make sure that any such portraits his mother had were *missing* if company came to call....if he could beat Koyuki to them and then hide them in a place where his wife couldn't find them....

"Forgive me for saying so, Lady Kaiu, but perhaps those are pictures that can wait until all are gathered here. I had thought that Matsu-san and Kitsu-san would be joining us by now. Wouldn't it be better to have them here to see those portraits as well? In the mean time, I'm sure I could entertain you with the story of Kagae-san's exploits at the tournament...although I rarely crossed paths with Kagae-san, words of his exploits filled the encampment."

OOC:
Awareness/Courtier roll to get Hana to agree to listening to stories of Kagae in action! (5k3 w/3 additional dice to handle explosion)
Results: 29
Raises called: 0  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:44 pm
GM's notes:
Kojiro: -1k0 earth/water.
Denbe: -1k0 earth/void.
Kagae: -1k0 fire.
Seichiro: -1k0 earth/void.
Zanzen: -1k0 earth/water.
Kyumi: -1k0 fire/void.
Hisashi:None
Miyako: None

--------------------

((Important for the active players: Please read.))

"That sounds reasonable," Hana would start to say from the doorway, before adding in, "But I'm already up. I might as well fetch them now, and we will discuss the tournament when I return." And with that, she was gone.

Giving the samurai in the room to interact with one another, especially since Kagae has not met Miyako yet.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:15 pm
@The Kaiu Estates

Very nearly sending his face into his palm, Kojiro merely gritted his teeth and got on with what should happen next. "Kagae-san, this is Shosuro Miyako-san, the woman that Lady Kuni sent to assist us. Shosuro-san, this is Kaiu Kagae-san."  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Sutiiven

Dapper Conversationalist

5,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:00 am
Hisashi would simply sit quietly as Lady Kaiu rushed off to do her diabolical deed. He didn't really think there was much he could say to remedy the situation, as Kagae would no doubt already be mortified beyond recovery. He would simply sip the lovely Kaiu tea and wait for whatever was going to happen to happen.

If nothing else, the courtier was slightly amused watching Kojiro try and do his job in a situation did not risk them getting eviscerated.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:58 am
Kagae would bow to Shosuro quickly looking a bit panicky at this point he hastily said, "I'm sure it's a pleasure to meet me but with recent news I won't be keeping you all company for long."

Without any sort of other warning Kagae would dash back to his room and begin rebuilding his barricade.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:17 am
Nodding politely, Denbe would be more than happy to take his seat and enjoy the tea offered. He was somewhat hesitant between the formalities of the situation, given that he knew next to nothing of Kagae's family, and the fact that the samurai had to have gotten it somewhere... but while Lady Kaiu seemed a bit of an interesting sort, it clearly was not from her. He'd been put into his seat and offered tea, and before he could even bring to present her with the gift for welcoming him in, she dismissed the entire idea of gifts.

...which left Denbe in a rather uncomfortable position, trying to discreetly hold a jar of terrible, terrible things all the while trying to think of how to get rid of it.

When the lady left, he had an idea.

"Kagae-san, I know your lady mother does not desire any gifts, but if you-"

The Crab vanished again, retreating to his safety, and Denbe stared flabbergasted at the empty space where his salvation had been. How was he going to get rid of this spice now? Perhaps he'd just have to convince her that since he'd bought it already, she might as well accept the gift?

Instead, he tried to distract himself with other thoughts. After all, if the Crab could conceivably be receiving interest in marriage after his honor and glory at the tournament, it wasn't unreasonable that Denbe, whom had done similarly, might find the same when he next went home. The train of thought stalled there though, as he tried to decide whether this was a thrilling or chilling possibility.

Realizing that both the Crabs had gone and vanished, Denbe realized one was still unaccounted for.

"...is Kagae-san's father present as well?" he asked, turning to the Mantis and Scorpion whom had been there the longest.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:36 pm
Miyako had been about to stand when Kagae spoke and ran off, leaving the attractive woman bemused and perhaps even a bit befuddled. One eyebrow arched as she watched the man disappear before turning to the courtier with a wicked little grin. "Was it something I said?" before laughing lightly and turning to the bunny who'd followed her in.

Leaning over slightly, she whispered to him,"Is everything alright, Ujina-san? You look very high strung. Perhaps you should excuse yourself and pull yourself together, splash some water on your face." She looked concerned. "I can hold your things for you while you do so."  

Tei Kae

Distinct Genius

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:30 pm
Denbe's attention came back around with a little bit of a snap, and without thinking he almost started to hand off the jar to her- but stopped mid motion.

"That's very kind of you, but it hardly seems right to step out just after our host has let me in. I simply need a moment to master myself."

Composure would come fairly quickly, at that, forcing his mind from the devilish little thing.

...of course, if she did try and take the spice from him, Denbe would let it go almost a little too eagerly.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:34 pm
"Well, if you need a moment I can still--" glancing down the jar was still midway between them and she decided to go ahead and follow his unthinking inclination. "Well, seeing as how the lady herself has stepped out, I think you'd be forgiven, but if you think you're alright..." She had the little jar in her hand and puzzled over it for a moment.

"It looks like a jar of spice. What spice is it, Ujina-san? That was a very thoughtful gift for a household."

Tei Kae

Distinct Genius

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:08 pm
There. More relaxed already.

"That? An exceptional cumin, as I understand it. It seems lady Kaiu-san is quite fond of the spice."

He wasn't going to boast, or outright say anything, but Miyako was clever enough- and Scorpion enough- she'd probably piece together very easily that he hadn't come across the knowledge, or the gift, incidentally.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:12 pm
Miyako watched him practically melt into relaxation as he handed off the cumin. Well now, wasn't that interesting. "May I?" Waiting for an affirmation from the rabbit before lifting the stopper to look inside the container, taking a delicate whif. "Oh, that is an excellent cumin. I adore just a hint of the spice in my food. Don't you?" She held it out to him to smell as well if he'd like.  

Tei Kae

Distinct Genius

Psychofish rolled 1 10-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-10)

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:06 pm
Denbe attempted to keep composed looking and not flinch as she moved the cumin toward him. He didn't jerk away or anything blatant, but even so the Hare visibly tightened up again, despite his efforts to maintain a bit of dignity.

"It does smell lovely, but I'm afraid my stomach has never had a tolerance for spices. A plain meal does not bother me."

[1k2 Willpower: 1]  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 56 57 58 59 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games