Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
➤The ✭ Perfect ✫ World ➧➧➤ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 52 53 54 55 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What motivates you?
  Freedom
  Acceptance
  Power
  Wealth
  Love
  Knowledge
View Results

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:27 pm
"I see..." Was Eva's only response to the explanation of telepathy. Her eyes wandered just as her mind did. She wanted to be skeptical, wanted to believe it was just a hallucination. After all, it seemed she couldn't trust her own mind lately, anyway. But she still wondered... Who had the ability? Devon with telepathy? Her with 'Scanning'? She reached for the glass of water, but realized it was empty. Eva picked it up and started to head for the kitchen. Next thing she knew, her head and right shoulder slammed into the wall, though she caught herself before her entire body could collapse. She grabbed onto the counter top and braced herself, then looked to Scarlet like it didn't even happen. Then she heard the news about North.
"Really?" She asked in a hopeful voice, "That's excellent. But...what about West? Are they still hostile?" She refilled the glass as Scarlet retrieved her armor, "Be ready? For what?"  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:57 pm
I looked to Eva as she nearly fell into the wall, and I hurried over to her as I removed the bag in my mouth. There were bite marks in the packaging.

West is no longer hostile to us either. But West has... other problems. One of their members was... kidnapped. I winced. I met him too. Nice kid. Chris his name was, the kid with the red hair. They suspect he was kidnapped by Southeast.

I looked to the packaging and opened it, and out spilled complete body suit that gleamed with blue cloth, white and gold metal, and blue and white ceramic plates ((yes, ceramic)). There was a full blue and white helmet go with it.

Southeast have been West's enemy for years. I don't really know what caused the feud between them... North is helping West out in getting their ally back, as North and Southeast have a trade agreement. I'm not entirely sure how successful they will be.

I picked it up felt it. The ceramic and metal was smooth under my fingers, and the cloth looked and felt like silk... but rather thick silk. I did see one of the weavers with some very large spiders... Spider silk, perhaps?

I looked up at Eva, and my eyes seemed slightly unfocused.

~~~

An image formed in my mind, black as night. All that was visible was the boy, around my age, that I had met and talked with back at the West HQ.

((Remembering is kind of like scrying-- or having a vision. Sometimes it's activated involuntarily. What is Scarlet seeing around Chris, Hiddochi?))

~~~

Wha...? Oh... I'm remembering, aren't I... Chris?

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:24 pm
Scarlet would see a circular cell, walls and floor made of a hematite-colored metal. The dim lighting shone down from a single unit in the ceiling. The only doorway was blocked by a series of interlocking pipes, which gave off the hints of a strong electric current. There was no furniture in the cell. Chris himself was sprawled on the floor, unconscious and bleeding from several cuts. Outside the door was the whirring of machinery, and Scarlet would catch the brief glance of a robot passing by.

• • •

"What? Oh jeez..." Eva's hopes dropped upon hearing the news. If they had abducted Chris, surely they were after the others. Including Devon. She took another sip of water, and it was clear that her hand was shaking. "But...doesn't North have a bigger military? Surely they'll do fine..." She tried to sound casual. Then she noticed the girl's odd look, as if she wasn't looking at Eva at all. She tilted her head, "You alright, Scarlet?"  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:34 pm
((Little more then that mebe? Want to show Eva something...))

Peace talks... I said automatically, almost mechanically. I wasn't used to this. North doesn't want to break the peace agreement... Southeast supplies their food...

When she asked about if I was alright I seemed to focus a little more on her, but not by much. My eyes had gotten wide.

I'm... I'm seeing him... he's in a black cell... door looks blocked by bars and electricity... He's unconscious and bleeding... Robots are passing by outside... I'm seeing two things at once...

I turned my head and blinked a few times as I looked around the room.

And now I'm getting a headache...

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

omgIisonfiyah

Interesting Lunatic

14,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:37 pm
"So, we find out anything relevant or helpful?" Dante asked, meeting Devon and the others as they entered the underground.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:15 pm
It moved with graceful steps, not faltering once on its journey. Down a long hallway, curved around to the right, across a catwalk, along another circular walkway. It paused at the barred cell, communicating something silently to its faceless counterparts. This drone was unlike its brethren; it had an identity. Genesis. Instead of the standard scanner, Genesis had eyes the color of an extremely light grey. Its face was still metallic, but had been sculpted smoothly to appear all too human. It was clothed in a suit similar to the ones worn by simulation occupants, except in a darker shade with more armor-like components. Its name was printed in red across its chest.
The faceless drones stepped to the side, and the bars retracted back into their slots within the doorframe. Genesis entered the cell and knelt down beside Chris, scooping up the boy with gentle movements. It righted itself into standing, then stopped. Its eyes strayed to somewhere between the wall and the ceiling, surveying the unseen observer. The other Caretakers wouldn't have ever known, but Genesis could feel the presence. The android pulled back its mouth into a peaceful smile, and spoke to Scarlet with a synthetic-yet-personable voice, "He is safe in my care."

• • •

Eva watched the girl carefully, listened intently. Something didn't seem right with what she was describing... and then she mentioned the robots. She planted a hand firmly on the girl's shoulder, stared into Scarlet's eyes with an odd urgency, "Scarlet... that's not any faction, I don't think. It sounds like where I woke up, where Nemesis is..."

• • •

Devon shook his head, "No. They couldn't find anything more than I did. I still find it strange, though, that the footprints stop abruptly at a certain spot. No tire tracks, no mech-footprints, nothing. The trail just vanishes." He looked up in time to see some kid trip over a pile of equipment, and tried to hide his amusement by faking a cough. "Eh...we should probably start having the troops move their crap outside. Can't wait too much longer, else we'll be stuck out in the wasteland when the sun's at its prime."  

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:40 pm
((Now we see a side effect of going too far too fast! This is an involuntary 'Remebering' Though others might call it a vision.))

My eyes went huge now. Crimson blood --far brighter red then normal started dripping out of my nose, but I didn't notice. The pain in my head got white hot as I started to sway, still forced to watch.

I... I see Genesis... Genesis is picking up Chris...

I reached up and held my head, my fingers in-twining with my hair. Blood was flowing now, faster out of my nose, down my face and dripping onto my chest. My eyes squinted as tears started to drip down my cheeks.

Can't... Oh god... Can't snap out of it...

I swayed more violently until I just collapsed against Eva.

Daddy! Someone! Help me! I wailed. The pain! Oh gods the Pain! I can't accept it!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:13 pm
Genesis turned back to the door, then felt a sudden change in the presence. A sort of pain. It glanced up to the area over its shoulder, this time with regret in its expression, "I am sorry..."
Then it left with Chris, down the numerous pathways. Only one person passed the robot on its journey, and that man bore the blue and silver uniform of Southeast.

((Meanwhile, the faceless robots are probably peering into the cell with confusion, going all, "WTF was that nutcase talking about?" xD ))

• • •

Eva panicked when the blood started dripping. She grabbed for a cloth and started dabbing at the girl's face, but couldn't keep up with the flow. Then Scarlet fell, and Eva eased her to the ground. "Scarlet? Scarlet! What's wrong? How can I help?" She pleaded the incoherent youth, almost feeling her pain in the screams. She stood back up and ran over to the door, ripped it open, then shouted out into the cavern beyond, "We need help! Anybody, please!"  

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:36 pm
My vision was dragged along after Genesis and Chris, and then... I saw the man in the Southeast Uniform. Wha? The sense of confusion eclipsed even the pain as my eyebrows furrowed and my mouth opened as if to say something... but nothing came out. Blood continued to flow from my nose.

Meanwhile, Lukas had been walking past with Isabella on the way to the main lab. They noticed Eva's cry and looked at each other before rushing into the room to see what was the matter. Others came too, and as Lukas and Isabelle stepped into the room, they immediately rushed to where I lay.

By that time my cries of pain were replaced by a terribly confused pain wracked squeaking. They knelt next to me, and Lukas put his palm on my forehead and closed his eyes. I felt his mind slip around my own, like a vine slowly creeping around a statue. He was seeing what I saw. He opened his eyes and scooped me easily into his arms.

Isabella, make some tea. You know what kind. I'm taking her to the Vid terminal. Eva, you come along too.

Isabella looked to me with the look of a mother's concern in her eyes. Lukas then turned and walked out of the room, though he was going oddly fast for such a big guy... at a walking pace. Isabella headed out of there too, initially going in the same direction, before braking away down another passage. Lukas continued on his course until he reached the Vid terminal, at the back of the Lab. People stopped to look as he passed by, his youngest in his arms...

He sat down, still cradling me in his lap. I clung to him and squeaked again.

Shh... Daddy's here...

With one hand he typed in the call number for West. Hopefully he wasn't too late.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:29 pm
Eva was relieved when the two showed up, but still shook slightly. She nodded in understanding of Lukas's command to follow, and did just as he said to. She almost had to run to keep up with the man's pace through the caverns. As they continued toward the lab, Eva recalled Scarlet's brief mention of Genesis. Something felt very wrong. She pictured the AI carrying the boy, and tried to imagine a violent ending... but she couldn't. Genesis wasn't like that. Eva frowned at her own thoughts. Why did she think he was incapable of killing? She barely knew that machine. And, for all she cared, every robot could be as evil as Nemesis.
They entered the lab, and she barely noticed. Brief images floated into her mind, and disappeared just as soon as they arrived. A huge computer screen filled with green digits, a tank of hazy liquid, a robot kneeling over her. She recognized the machine as being Genesis, though it wasn't the same as what Scarlet now saw. It was bulkier, less refined, less human. It lacked both a face and armor. She had no idea how she knew what it was, considering that the image didn't display any written name.
She glanced over to the father and daughter for the first time, and spoke lowly, "Mr. Ameras...? What's happening?"  

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:53 pm
Lukas looked to Eva as he placed his palm on my forehead once again. I squeaked-- I felt his mind wrap around mine, offering some comfort as he peered at the images I was receiving. He closed his eyes.

We may be more human then human, Eva, He started quietly, but just because of what we are, some things aren't always easier then they should be or effortless. Hell, some things are even more dangerus, and incredibly unpleasent. Scarlet is Remembering-- what we call visions-- and she is overwhelmingly unprepared for it. I don't know what brought it on, this is one of our skills that can be triggered involuntarily, usually with a good amount of pain involved. Scarlet's been using her path at a novice level for 4 years-- she's lost a good portion of the strength she once had. Her energy can't pay the toll this kind of skill requires.

He paused in his explanation. He pulled a tissue out of a box nearby and carefully ripped it in two, before rolling them up and carefully sticking them up my nose. I opened my mouth to breathe.

She's seeing Genesis, at least that's what Scarlet believes Genesis looks like outside of the VR, and I trust her instincts. He is carrying Chris. He looks cut up and beaten. I do see caretakers, and the only human she's seen so far... is wearing the blue and silver uniform of Southeast.

I squeaked again and closed my eyes, nuzzling up to my father. He looked at the screen.

Come on. Answer already.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:03 pm
Genesis entered a storage room, so far away from the main passages that not even other automatons occupied the area. It set Chris down on a stack of bunched up tarp, and immediately began repairing the boy's injuries. It was quick but gentle, using built-in tools to sew shut the cuts, then tore parts of the tarp to wrap around as gauze. Chris began to stir, his eyes soon opened. Genesis finished sealing the last wound, then stood to leave, "You should remain here a while. They will notice your absence shortly... it would be dangerous for them to find you. Please don't endanger yourself. The other Caretakers are not the same as I..." It explained with a strange tone...almost sorrowful. Chris squinted at the robot, as if he yet disbelieved his own eyes. Then it left.

• • •

Devon finally noticed the distant beeping of the terminal. He shuffled past the mounds of supplies and people, Layla in tow. It only took a moment for him to select 'Accept', and Lukas appeared on screen. "Greetings, Northwest... I'm sorry to sound rude, but we're on a bit of a rushed schedule this morning."

• • •

Eva leaned back against the wall, arms crossed in a gesture of mostly insecurity. She listened, watched the pained girl. She couldn't even begin to imagine the agony Scarlet was in. The sight scared her, really. This was mortality, this was humanity. She felt so inexplicably out of place around these people. The whole world felt out of place. Eva lowered herself to the ground to sit, pulling her knees in tight against her chest. She shook her head lightly, "I can't take this..."  

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:27 pm
As the Vid chat came up I squeaked again in confusion, at this new development. He touched my forehead again.

Good, you're accepting the pain... What? He HID the boy? One strange caretaker.

Lukas looked down at me, and I weakly lifted my head, giving another squeak. I blinked wearily at the people on the other side. He then shook his head and looked to the screen. I lowered my head and closed my eyes again.

We, ah... He looked down at me, then back at the screen. We suspect your kidnapped friend is with the Caretakers. My daughter is having a vision right now. She sees Chris-- it looks like he's in the main terminal. But there are... Southeast people walking through the halls of the place and are not being attacked by the Caretakers. Those uniforms are unmistakable. I think... Genesis is a strange one... he's patched Chris up and hidden him in a storeroom.

It was then that Isabella arrived with a teacup, and Lukas carefully picked it up and sat me upright, before very carefully pouring the liquid down my throat. I squinted my eyes at the taste but didn't protest.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:37 pm
"Devon, you guys go ahead, I'll stay here and coordinate the intel, my aim isn't particularly good and since you're pressed for time, let me handle the talking." Dante said simply, having heard the bit about Genesis hiding Chris. "So what exactly do you think this means? That the Southeast is Coordinating with the Caretakers or that Genesis has become self-aware?" Dante asked, sliding into his usual seat.  

omgIisonfiyah

Interesting Lunatic

14,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Millionaire 200

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:47 pm
Nemesis did. At least to the point where she started acting on her own without orders from others, even defying the orders of others. I wouldn't suspect that Genesis couldn't do such a thing. But Genesis seems... much kinder then Nemesis did. He seems to be, on his own, developing a self aware consciousness... Perhaps a soul. We're not quite sure if that's possible.

Lukas glanced at the screen for a second as he continued to pour liquid down my throat.

As for Southeast... I wouldn't put it past them. They've always been a bit extreme when it came to accomplishing their goals. We eventually had to stop sending our people over there to heal injuries a couple years ago because they couldn't comprehend the fact that our people need to rest at times. The last statement he said rather gruffly. As if it had annoyed him a great deal.

"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 52 53 54 55 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games