Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
Introduce Yourself Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:06 am
Absolutiones
Hello everyone! I'm Absolutiones, but Absol works if that's too long. I'm a 20 year old female from Illinois and I'm probably the one of the most socially awkward things in existence. My current favorite anime is Haikyuu!! but I find it hard to pick an overall favorite. I'm not good at making decisions, especially favorites. =u=;; I got into cosplay a few years back and I've been big on it ever since. I run a cosplay group with a few friends and my favorite to date is either my Fem!Clear from Dramatical Murder or my Senbonzakura!Meiko from Vocaloid.

Anyway, for as awkward as I am, I like to think I'm pretty friendly so feel free to hit me up if you'd like to chat or what have you! :3

Hi Absol, welcome once again to the Guild. I think that it's cool that you run a Cosplay group. Feel free to post cosplay photos of your group in the Guild's Photo Section Sub Forum.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:58 am
Say a little about yourself, (example) 2 favorite animes, age, hobbies, favorite foods, real name and such
If you want to add more that is ok, if you don't feel comfortable saying a lot that is fine too

Hello, my name is Mimi Kelly, and I am 16 years old. I love to draw and eat food. I have lots of favourite foods. Some of my favourite anime are Death Note, Attack on Titan, Black Butler, Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle, Naruto, Bakuman, and more! (I have a lot of favourites lol) I also tend to have a favourite character, and a few of those are Armin Arlert, L, BB, Grelle Sutcliffe, Sebastian Michealis, Fay, Gaara, Shikamaru, and, of course, many more.

I cosplay sometimes! I've cosplayed quite a few things (and one by accident!), and my newest cosplay is Gladion, so I'm making an effort to cosplay on Gaia as well. Basically I just need 2 Timid Defect Progeny and I'm good. (He has no paaaants!)

I hope to make some friends here and have fun! See you! C:  

MimiKelly23

Alien Invader

12,800 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250

Trippy Thots

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:59 am
Does anyone have the item called Purrsuasion Purrfection? If so I would love to buy it from you o; ~  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:49 am
MimiKelly23
Say a little about yourself, (example) 2 favorite animes, age, hobbies, favorite foods, real name and such
If you want to add more that is ok, if you don't feel comfortable saying a lot that is fine too

Hello, my name is Mimi Kelly, and I am 16 years old. I love to draw and eat food. I have lots of favourite foods. Some of my favourite anime are Death Note, Attack on Titan, Black Butler, Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle, Naruto, Bakuman, and more! (I have a lot of favourites lol) I also tend to have a favourite character, and a few of those are Armin Arlert, L, BB, Grelle Sutcliffe, Sebastian Michealis, Fay, Gaara, Shikamaru, and, of course, many more.

I cosplay sometimes! I've cosplayed quite a few things (and one by accident!), and my newest cosplay is Gladion, so I'm making an effort to cosplay on Gaia as well. Basically I just need 2 Timid Defect Progeny and I'm good. (He has no paaaants!)

Greetings Mimi,

I'm Ron this Guilds Captain. I started out years ago as a Member. I fell so in Love with this Guild that I became a Crew Member, Vice Captain, and finally running this Guild. Over the last couple of years I have done a lot of work updating this Guild to have something for everyone. I hope that you like what my Crew Members and I have done to the Guild.

Make sure you read the Guilds Navigation Thread to help you get around this large Guild and my door is always open for questions. Anime and Cosplay has been my biggest Hobby since 2007.

Bring 53 years young I have knowledge of both old and new Anime series. One of my other big hobbies is Photography. I'm a semi professional Cosplay photographer. I treat all cosplayers the same no matter what level they are and Love how they do their best to show their Love for the characters that they portray. I have a lot of fun doing photoshoots and individual Cosplay photos. My camera is always on auto so that I can focus on the Cosplayer directly and bring out the best in them. You can see my Cosplay photo work throughout the Guild.

Also this Guild has a few Cosplay threads where you can talk to other Cosplayers and get help if you need it on your Cosplay outfits. Start a new thread in the Cosplay Help Sub Forum and we will see what we can do to help you out.

Just looking at my Gaian signature you can see two of the series that I Love the most. Both the Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles series and the Sailor Moon series. As for recent series I have become fond of the Soul Eater series, Fairy Tail, and the Guilty Crown series.

We have two Anime / Manga Sub Forums that have dedicated Official series threads where you can talk about series that you Love.

You can find the Official Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles Thread on the Anime Retro and Classic Series Sub Forum and the Official Attack On Titan Thread on the Anime, Manga, Videogame Discussion Sub Forum. I will have to add an Official Black Butler Series thread soon and a Naruto thread. Naruto is another one of my favorite series. Feel free to start new series threads in both Sub Forums.

More about myself: I Love seafood, have a large Fairy figure collection, and a very large Rock, Mineral, and Crystal collection. I'm also a huge Star Trek and Doctor Who fan. I worked at Star Trek conventions in the 1990's and Love the Magic that I find at every Anime / Cosplay conventions that I go to.

I enjoy talking to Guild Members. We have Guild Members from around the World. Thanks for sharing your interests with us.

PS - I tend to write a lot. It shows my passion for being a big Otaku fan!!  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

MimiKelly23

Alien Invader

12,800 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:19 pm
smithers456
MimiKelly23

Greetings Mimi,

I'm Ron this Guilds Captain. I started out years ago as a Member. I fell so in Love with this Guild that I became a Crew Member, Vice Captain, and finally running this Guild. Over the last couple of years I have done a lot of work updating this Guild to have something for everyone. I hope that you like what my Crew Members and I have done to the Guild.

Make sure you read the Guilds Navigation Thread to help you get around this large Guild and my door is always open for questions. Anime and Cosplay has been my biggest Hobby since 2007.

Bring 53 years young I have knowledge of both old and new Anime series. One of my other big hobbies is Photography. I'm a semi professional Cosplay photographer. I treat all cosplayers the same no matter what level they are and Love how they do their best to show their Love for the characters that they portray. I have a lot of fun doing photoshoots and individual Cosplay photos. My camera is always on auto so that I can focus on the Cosplayer directly and bring out the best in them. You can see my Cosplay photo work throughout the Guild.

Also this Guild has a few Cosplay threads where you can talk to other Cosplayers and get help if you need it on your Cosplay outfits. Start a new thread in the Cosplay Help Sub Forum and we will see what we can do to help you out.

Just looking at my Gaian signature you can see two of the series that I Love the most. Both the Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles series and the Sailor Moon series. As for recent series I have become fond of the Soul Eater series, Fairy Tail, and the Guilty Crown series.

We have two Anime / Manga Sub Forums that have dedicated Official series threads where you can talk about series that you Love.

You can find the Official Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles Thread on the Anime Retro and Classic Series Sub Forum and the Official Attack On Titan Thread on the Anime, Manga, Videogame Discussion Sub Forum. I will have to add an Official Black Butler Series thread soon and a Naruto thread. Naruto is another one of my favorite series. Feel free to start new series threads in both Sub Forums.

More about myself: I Love seafood, have a large Fairy figure collection, and a very large Rock, Mineral, and Crystal collection. I'm also a huge Star Trek and Doctor Who fan. I worked at Star Trek conventions in the 1990's and Love the Magic that I find at every Anime / Cosplay conventions that I go to.

I enjoy talking to Guild Members. We have Guild Members from around the World. Thanks for sharing your interests with us.

PS - I tend to write a lot. It shows my passion for being a big Otaku fan!!

Thank you so much!
I definitely will look into the cosplay and anime threads, and I'm sure I'll spend a lot of time in the Attack On Titan one when I get the chance to post in the guild!
I am a big Doctor Who fan as well, and I also have a long list of western cartoons I enjoy the heck out of!
I've been to a few Cons myself, and hope to volunteer at the local one when I get the chance.
Thank you for letting me into the guild and I hope to chat more soon!
C:  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:09 pm
Hi there! I'm an adult. I go by he/him pronouns. Call me Ko or Shiro. My favorite games(sorry i don't watch anime enough to add): danganronpa and mystic messenger. My favorite anime right now is yoi. I'm talented at fighting games. I draw sometimes and i'm into k-pop. I've been cosplaying for 6 yrs. I do props, wigs, cosplay makeup and crossplay. Feel free to talk to me about cosplay experiences and what not!  

iHajime Hinata

azriyul

Captain Marshmallow

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:13 pm
I don't think I've done this! So here goes. My name is Zinnia, I'm from Georgia but I live in SC. Some of my favorite anime include Yuri!!! on Ice, Love Live!, Yuyushiki, and various other girly anime haha... sweatdrop
I go to several cons every year, pretty much all in the southeast. With this con-going hobby comes cosplay! I'm not very good yet, but I try crying
I also have a growing anime figure collection! I like picking up at least one figure at every con I go to. Right now, I'd say I have about 17-25, I haven't really counted recently 0.0
And how can I forget KPOP.... listen to it every day!
I also like to draw.... I'm,,,, like,,, OK at it I guess.....
As for food, I like food from many cultures and parts of the world!  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:52 am
peachinko
I don't think I've done this! So here goes. My name is Zinnia, I'm from Georgia but I live in SC. Some of my favorite anime include Yuri!!! on Ice, Love Live!, Yuyushiki, and various other girly anime haha... sweatdrop
I go to several cons every year, pretty much all in the southeast. With this con-going hobby comes cosplay! I'm not very good yet, but I try crying
I also have a growing anime figure collection! I like picking up at least one figure at every con I go to. Right now, I'd say I have about 17-25, I haven't really counted recently 0.0
And how can I forget KPOP.... listen to it every day!
I also like to draw.... I'm,,,, like,,, OK at it I guess.....
As for food, I like food from many cultures and parts of the world!

Hi Zinnia,

Thanks for introducing yourself. I'm like you I go to 1 or 2 cons a year. Even though I'm not the best at making cosplay outfits for myself I easily make up for it by taking Cosplay photos of other Cosplayers. You can see some of the Cosplay Photos that I have taken of others throughout the Guild. I have a growing Sailor Moon series figure collection. I Love looking at all of the figures at cons and admire the artwork and craftsmanship that goes into making them.

Since you really like KPOP make sure to check out our Affiliated Guild the Anime Help Guild. Every week their Captain comes up with music to check out. Click on the Anime Help Guild banner at the bottom of our Guild's Home page to check it out. Feel free to join it and let them know that we went you. smile  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

Neko Akashi

Floppy Kitten

14,975 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:34 am
Alola! My real name is Darian and I'm a 21 year old female. I enjoy making cosplay and art and currently go to college where I'm majoring in Graphic Communications. My 2 favorite animes would probably be Space Jam and Cory in the house. LOL jk. For real tho, Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Shamploo are my favorite. A little old school but they are darn cool! And my favorite food is anything meat related. Screw fruits and veggies! They have no place umong us scream

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:04 pm
I guess it's my turn to join the convo huh? Hey, I'm SukiRikko. I'm usually known as Ashleigh but I'm trying to also go by the cosplayer name of Shira. I'm a 23-year old female who lives in the midwest and working at a grocery store until she can find something in her major. I'm also a plus sized cosplayer so I'm trying not to bring myself down about my weight, but I still am participating in our work's weight loss competition.

Besides cosplaying I love acting, singing, writing fanfiction...I just like being creative in general. My favorite food has to be cheese. I love anime, cartoons, games, and other things so I'm changing this to my 2 favorite fandoms, which are Undertale and Danganronpa. (Which is somewhat ironic.)

This is going to be my third year going to cons because unfortunately I do not have a license and have to rely on rides. I usually go to a local one named QC Anime-zing and I plan on going to Anime Central this year. I've also starting running a cosplay chess panel at Anime-zing last year and hope to bring it back. Unfortunately, I'm not in a cosplay group but I would love to be in one someday. Either way, I want to make new cosplay friends.

I'm trying to be a bit more active and use more social media for cosplay. I've started my cosplay tumblr, wanna start my cosplay youtube at some point but dunno how to after making the channel, and need to use my cosplay.com account again. Feel free to hit me up for any of those. I will add gaia friends on facebook but I prefer to know you first.

Well, that's enough from me. I'm so sorry this is so long >.< I can't wait to meet all of you!  

SukiRikko

Friendly Shapeshifter

8,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Junior Trader 100

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:49 am
SukiRikko
I guess it's my turn to join the convo huh? Hey, I'm SukiRikko. I'm usually known as Ashleigh but I'm trying to also go by the cosplayer name of Shira. I'm a 23-year old female who lives in the midwest and working at a grocery store until she can find something in her major. I'm also a plus sized cosplayer so I'm trying not to bring myself down about my weight, but I still am participating in our work's weight loss competition.

Besides cosplaying I love acting, singing, writing fanfiction...I just like being creative in general. My favorite food has to be cheese. I love anime, cartoons, games, and other things so I'm changing this to my 2 favorite fandoms, which are Undertale and Danganronpa. (Which is somewhat ironic.)

This is going to be my third year going to cons because unfortunately I do not have a license and have to rely on rides. I usually go to a local one named QC Anime-zing and I plan on going to Anime Central this year. I've also starting running a cosplay chess panel at Anime-zing last year and hope to bring it back. Unfortunately, I'm not in a cosplay group but I would love to be in one someday. Either way, I want to make new cosplay friends.

I'm trying to be a bit more active and use more social media for cosplay. I've started my cosplay tumblr, wanna start my cosplay youtube at some point but dunno how to after making the channel, and need to use my cosplay.com account again. Feel free to hit me up for any of those. I will add gaia friends on facebook but I prefer to know you first.

Well, that's enough from me. I'm so sorry this is so long >.< I can't wait to meet all of you!

Hi Suki, you mentioned above about running a cosplay chess panel. In this Guild their is a thread called "Japanese Shougi Chess" and it's in the "Convention Events and Running Conventions Info" Sub Forum. I've seen live action Cosplay Shougi Chess at a few Youmacon cons over the years. Is this panel that you are coming up with based on Shougi Chess? If so post on the thread and let the rest of us know all about it.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:16 pm
smithers456
Hi Suki, you mentioned above about running a cosplay chess panel. In this Guild their is a thread called "Japanese Shougi Chess" and it's in the "Convention Events and Running Conventions Info" Sub Forum. I've seen live action Cosplay Shougi Chess at a few Youmacon cons over the years. Is this panel that you are coming up with based on Shougi Chess? If so post on the thread and let the rest of us know all about it.

No, I'm more on the american style of Cosplay Chess. If you've seen Anime Boston's version more like that. Just we aren't scripted. (It was an idea last year but it failed so I just made it more free flowing.) But I can still give an update when it happens if you want.  

SukiRikko

Friendly Shapeshifter

8,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Junior Trader 100

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:28 am
SukiRikko
smithers456

No, I'm more on the american style of Cosplay Chess. If you've seen Anime Boston's version more like that. Just we aren't scripted. (It was an idea last year but it failed so I just made it more free flowing.) But I can still give an update when it happens if you want.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:35 pm
Hello everyone!

I'm SweatshirtNinja27, but people usually call me Panda, Ninja, or Mara so feel free to take your pick, or even make up a new one.

My favorite anime would probably be Ef: A tale of Melodies and I'm very fond of the KagePro franchise. As far as video games, I'm pretty big on the Fire Emblem series,but always enjoy jrpgs and casual games like Harvest Moon. But overall, my free time is usually dedicated to watching anime or roleplaying.

I'm fairly new to the convention and cosplay scene, but I've been interested in it for quite some time (just haven't gotten the courage to actually do it). But if you have any tips or tricks, I'd love to hear them!

SweatshirtNinja27

Lonely Phantom

17,800 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:12 pm
SweatshirtNinja27
Hello everyone!

I'm SweatshirtNinja27, but people usually call me Panda, Ninja, or Mara so feel free to take your pick, or even make up a new one.

My favorite anime would probably be Ef: A tale of Melodies and I'm very fond of the KagePro franchise. As far as video games, I'm pretty big on the Fire Emblem series,but always enjoy jrpgs and casual games like Harvest Moon. But overall, my free time is usually dedicated to watching anime or roleplaying.

I'm fairly new to the convention and cosplay scene, but I've been interested in it for quite some time (just haven't gotten the courage to actually do it). But if you have any tips or tricks, I'd love to hear them!

Hi Mara, we just exchanged comments. smile I'm curious as to what Ef: A tale of Melodies is all about. Going to an Anime / Cosplay Convention is a big step into the magical world of Otaku. When I went to my first con (Youmacon 2009 in the Detroit area) I was in awe of the magic that I felt. I saw characters from so many different series come to life before my eyes. I had my heart set to find Sailor Moon series cosplayers. I was very happy to find some. smile

To my surprise people wanted to take photos of me. Being shy at that time and overwhelmed by all of the things going on at the con I didn't understand what was going on. I was wearing my Original Star Trek Uniform which isn't Anime at all. My brother explained later on that due to the new Star Trek movie that came out a few months earlier people were drawn to anything related to Star Trek. After getting my photo taken about 50 times I was no longer shy. The attention that I got that day was special but it doesn't happen to everyone. Basically if you wear a Cosplay Outfit be prepared to have your photo taken. Feel free to say no if you don't want your photo taken.

My best advice for going to your first convention is to be yourself, have fun, and take your time checking everything out. At first you can be overwhelmed. Btw you do not have to Cosplay to be at a convention. All you need to bring with you is your Love of Anime, Manga, etc.

If you do plan on Cosplaying a character make sure to pick a character that you Love. Have fun creating your outfit and proudly show it off and in turn letting everyone know that this is a character that you like a lot. When making a Cosplay outfit keep in mind the character that it's about and don't worry about being a beginning Cosplayer.

Being a Cosplay Photographer I appreciate all of the efforts that someone puts into their Cosplay Outfit no matter what level that they are at. When I take a photo of a Cosplayer I always show the photo that I took of them right after. This is a small service that I gladly do, It gives the Cosplayer an idea of how they look. Also I often comment on either their outfit or their character. If their is time I talk to cosplayers even more about their outfit and how they came about making it. One of my great joys at a convention is to talk to other people about the same characters and series that we both like.

Other advice is to make sure to not go to a con by yourself. Besides this is an experience worth sharing. Plan your day out and make sure you know how to navigate the location that the con is at. If you are lost or confused don't hesitate to ask a con staffer questions. That is what they are their for. Also don't forget to eat and have plenty of money. Once you go into the dealers room you will want to buy everything in site. smile

I do plan on creating a brand new Convention 101 thread with the advice I just gave you and so much more.If you have any questions at all feel free to send me a message. If you need help with a Cosplay Outfit all you need to do is start a thread about it in the Cosplay Help Sub Forum. Then I will put the word out to help you out with your questions.  
Convention Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff