Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Second Year Classes
History of Magic II (1/4) *New Class 2/10* Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:05 pm
User Image
Julius is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // wearing his school robes
CURRENTLY // single
CURRENTLY WITH // History of Magic II class
CURRENTLY FEELING // at a disadvantage
CURRENTLY THINKING // So like Grimm's Fairy tales for Wizards?
spacespac
═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          space Julius sat down and began taking notes on the lecture at hand. He felt behind since he hadn't actually grown up with the stories of Beedle the Bard and hadn't read them or even knew the plot of most of them. He couldn't help but wonder about how a book could actually make children uncontrollably retch. He understood the 'mashed to the pulp' request, but to physically make someone ill? It was hard to fathom how even the worst written book could do that.

Not having the time to really wonder long on that mystery he continued his note-taking. When Professor Powell said he'd like to leave the class off on a light note he mentioned the copy of the original tales he left on each of their desks and for them to read through them and discuss why each tale is important and the morals in them. He pulled the book towards him and thought the book looked awfully big to be considered a 'light note' since he hadn't any idea what the plots were even of four of the stories. One of the disadvantages of not growing up in the wizarding world he decided as he flipped open the book and tried to skim the stories to get caught up enough to discuss them as quickly as possible, though he wasn't sure he'd be able to before the end of class.

═════════════════════════════════════════════════

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:02 am
~Beginning of a New Year~

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:04 am
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

Hɪsᴛᴏʀʏ ᴏғ Mᴀɢɪᴄ || Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ Pʀᴏғᴇssᴏʀ || Sᴛᴜᴅʏ ᴏғ Aɴᴄɪᴇɴᴛ Rᴜɴᴇs

════════════════════════

Grayson stopped reading his book as more and more of the students for the class walked in. He looked over each of them, wondering not for the first time if any of them would be interested in what he'd teach. He remembered Binns and the way he put most students to sleep, and decided that he would at least try to not put any of the students to sleep. He took his feet off the desk and stood, hoping that by doing so, he would at least give off a presence instead of looking bored.

"Hello class, and welcome back to History of Magic. I know that perhaps most of you don't remember much from the last year, so I figured that for this first class, we would review what you learned last year, just to brush up before we jump headlong into this year's curriculum." He looked about, making sure that everyone was paying attention, before continuing. "Can anyone here tell me precisely what you have learned last year? You don't have to give me the full information, as I would prefer to see if everyone payed attention in class. One subject per student, if you would."

════════════════════════
                                            Location: History of Magic Classroom
                                            Thinking: New year!
                                            OOC:

Now where did I put that wand?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:21 pm

User Image

__________________________________________________________________________________________
              sσмє тнιиɢs scяαтcн тнє sυяғαcє ωнιℓє σтнєяs sтяιкє αт чσυя sσυℓ

User Image

Camila entered the classroom with an air of indifference, though it was a tired charade. She'd come to despise this class, and already had half a mind to drop this class as soon as she could. It was just a thorn in her side, really. She still felt a little sour about the events that transpired during the heated debate last year, and how Cathy had stormed out, Gunilda and Eugene sided with her, while at least Oz managed a political neutral. Idly, she wondered if Morven was even going to show up for this class, she could almost bet her shiny galleon that Cathaline wouldn't skip the class. She didn't know why, though, but she assumed it was because Lady Luck wouldn't have it any other way. ”We went over the Chamber of Secrets.” She stated half-heartedly. That was the lesson where she, Morven, and Gunilda had received their detentions. But, she didn't say anything else on the subject and immediately began preening her hair.

[OOC://]

╔════════════════════╗
              ═━┈ Second Year Slytherin┈━═
              History of Magic Class, Fall 2026
              Dressed in:
              Slytherin Uniform
              12 years old5' 2"122lbshalfblood
              ╚════════════════════╝

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:59 pm
x
x
x
x

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

x
                                    ████████████████xx αяιαηα εℓωσσ∂ xx███████xxxxthe difference between 'try' and 'triumph' is a little 'umph'.

Second Year | | Twelve | | Hufflepuff | | Single | | Metamorphmagus

Ariana walked into class, History of Magic had been rather boring last year (other than the heated debate that took place one class), and she wasn't expecting it to get much better. She sat down and leaned her head on her arm, waiting for class to begin. When it did, they were simply reviewing last year. Camila had mentioned when they went over the Chamber of Secrets -- no doubt because she had been one of the many involved in the debate last year. Ariana thought a bit, having a bit of an issue in recalling what the others were until she smiled, remembering one other subject. "We learned the history of Hogwarts!" Her voice was bubbly and her hair began to tint green. Silently she wished she had more control over her hair.

uniform x ooc :: - - -

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:34 am
º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø
"I like swimming,"

¦Gunilda Stone¦
Slytherin Second-year

"Having fun,"

Pleasantly susprised that she had remembered how to find her way around Hogwarts, Gunilda slumped into the first seat she saw and yawned. What had they learnt last year? Yeah the history of hogwarts as a hufflepuff said and...brooms and ghosts wasn't it? Without bothering to raise her hand she added in what she could remember; "And ghosts and broomsticks!" Blinking, she noticed that the hufflepuffs hair was now tinted green. Blinking again, sure she was still sleepy, she realised she had not imagined it. A grin spread out over her lips; "Nice, I wish I could change my hair like that, maybe for team spirit or something~" She half joked, thinking that being able to change hair colour as you pleased had to be pretty cool. It would at least be better than her own anyway; Gunilda had inherited her mothers dark black hair and eyes, which she found a little boring herself. Maybe I could dye mine a little, she thought to herself, already distracted and bored of the lesson at hand, now much more interested in hair colours.

Out Of Cauldrons:

"And trying my best"
º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø

-Fizztastic Rain-

Golden Explorer

12,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:46 am
x
x
x
x

x
                                    ████████████████xx αяιαηα εℓωσσ∂ xx███████xxxxthe difference between 'try' and 'triumph' is a little 'umph'.

As Ariana sat there, tapping her pen on her parchment paper -- she didn't like using a quill, so settled on an ink pen -- she just barely heard someone behind her say something about changing her hair colour. Her hair and gone back to its normal brown with a little force from Ariana, it was hard keeping her hair under control. She looked back at whomever was talking realising it was...Gunilda, right? She wasn't completely sure, but recognized the girl from last year -- after all, they did have a year f classes together. "Actually, it's a bit of an inconvenience," She smiled, biting the inside of her cheek. "Not as cool as you'd think, especially when you can't control it." She blushed gently, after all she knew that some metamorphmagi could control their powers, Ariana on the other hand had some issues with it.

Little Miss English

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:42 pm
CUIUVIS HOMINIS EST ERRARE, NULLIUS NISI INSIPIENTIS IN ERRORE PRESEVARE.Tout ce qui brille n'est pas or.一笑解千愁

Anyone can err, but only the fool persists in his faultAll that glitters is not gold.A smile can erase a million worries.
User Image
I was kept in a castle safe from the world of magic: ignorance is bliss, yes?
Please don't worry about me, though: I can make my own path in time.

I am a second year.
❤My blood type is B+, oh was that not your question?
I am a pureblood witch who was believed for ten years to be a Squib like my father.
My wand is... 8 ½ inches, acacia wood, with fairy hair core, springy, and spiraled.
❤My directions say I am... in History of Magic II
My time on the clock is Thrusday, Block 5 (1-1:45 pm)

❤ You want to know more about me? Wearing: My Uniform ❤ (Oh and my big brother? He's a 4th year Ravenclaw.)

User Image

Cathy was happy to be back in History of Magic, even though the whole thing about the blood status issue had blindsided her and she had gotten so upset the year before when she realized that she came from a family of over-inflated-egotistical old purebloods who felt they were superior to anyone else, she had gotten over it. She didn't hold it against any of her other classmates and still felt that the whole thing was partially her own fault for overreacting. Besides she spent most of her summer at the Avery Manor she got very good at tuning out whatever nonsense they could spout out. She didn't like it, sure, but it was just easier not to call anyone out on it. Especially considering the fact her brother had been given some authority and was responsible for handling any issues with anyone in the family younger than him. She didn't want to bother him and sought to make his life generally easier.

Sitting down near the front she listened as Professor Powell began by asking for a review and Camila, Ariana, and Gunilda all provided the general overview of all the topics that had been covered the year before. Smiling Cathy piped up, "Everyone already has touched on what we spoke about generally. Though we did get slightly off topic and discussed why Salazar Slytherin would feel so compelled to go over such elaborate lengths without any guarantee that the Chamber would ever be open. I suppose he just had a lot of faith in any of his future relations to be able to figure it out and have the same leanings in his personal views about genetics and magic."

She shrugged with a smile and glanced at Camila hoping what she said didn't come off as some snide reference to what happened last year which resulted in her storming out. After all in Cathy's opinion it was just water under the bridge now. And you couldn't change what was already done.

Quote:

{ }

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

-Fizztastic Rain-

Golden Explorer

12,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:33 am
º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø
"I like swimming,"

¦Gunilda Stone¦
Slytherin Second-year

"Having fun,"

"That does sound annoying," Gunilda admitted, although it was clear she was more jealous of the girls talent opposed to pitying her for it. She shrugged still grinning, "it's still cool though, you never know when that sort of stuff could come in handy." Gunilda cocked her head to the side at the subtle reference to last year's drama-fest but let it slide. It didn't bother her much that she had gotten a detention- in fact, to her it was worth the trouble.

Out Of Cauldrons:

"And trying my best"
º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:35 pm
User Image
                                                                    User Image

════════════════════════

Sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ Yᴇᴀʀ |❷| Gʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ |❷| Mᴜɢɢʟᴇ-ʙᴏʀɴ

════════════════════════

Text.

Many of Dani’s classmates might have thought her to be nuts that she actually looked forward to the start of this year’s History of Magic class. It was actually one of her favourite subjects, and not just because Professor Grayson was teaching it, although he numbered amongst the reasons. She really enjoyed studying the names and dates and the story behind the events.

Still and all, she had to admit, if only to herself, she thought Professor Grayson was pretty handsome, and she liked the way he smiled, and the tone of his voice.

Dani took care to get to class early enough to not only get a good seat for the class, but also to get the chance to see the Professor before the rest of the students filed in. She also made certain she presented the image she wished to project, dressing in one of the fitted uniforms she’d gotten from her grandmother’s tailor, with the gray vest and the blouse with the full, puffy sleeves. Her hair was worn in a long buttery blonde braid over her right shoulder to create a more mature look.

And why not?’ she observed to herself. ‘After all, I’m a year older than I was before.’

Upon entering the classroom, she approached the Professor, and smiled as she greeted him. “Hello, Professor. I hope you had a nice summer.” Taking care nobody else was paying attention to her before doing so, Dani added, “I brought something for you I thought you might find interesting, Professor.” She opened the flap of her courier-style book bag, and produced a hardbound, Muggle book.

The book detailed the social and political events taking place in Muggle England at the time of the Second Wizarding War. She’d found the book at a Muggle book store when she was visiting Dublin, and though the author obviously had no clue of what was happening on the other side of the ‘Veil of Secrecy’, Dani thought the subject matter would appeal to her teacher, especially as they were studying the period last year.

Dani took a seat near the front of the class, and waved toward Cathy when she arrived, hoping to get her to sit next to her. As Professor Grayson started the class with a review of last year’s subject matter, Dani paid rapt attention to what he said.

════════════════════════

OOC:

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:58 pm
I will keep quiet.
You won’t even know I’m here.
You won’t suspect a thing.
You won’t see me in the mirror.
But I crept into your heart...
You can’t make me disappear-
'Til I make you!
I made myself at home...

In the cobwebs and the lies: Grim
I’m learning all your tricks: ...
I can hurt you from inside: Second Years
I made myself a promise: History of Magic

M O R V E N | G R A I N N E | V A S S
B L O O D T R A I T O R | S L Y T H E R I N | S E C O N D Y E A R User Image

Morven surveyed the classroom the way a soldier might survey a battlefield. This was, after all, the class where she had received a detention, her first and only one, so far. Morven had been causing trouble all her life. That didn't mean she necessarily liked getting into it, especially if it involved things like facing the consequences of her actions. She was used to prancing on thin ice, though, and she looked at some classmates dismissively, others neutrally, before settling into a seat next to Camila, glancing over at her housemate. Well, she was better than the alternatives.

YOU WILL NEVER SEE ME CRY.

You’ll never know what hit you...
Won’t see me closing in...
I’m gonna make you suffer...
This hell you put me in!
I’m underneath your skin...
The devil within...
I will be here;
When you think you’re all alone.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:34 pm
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

Hɪsᴛᴏʀʏ ᴏғ Mᴀɢɪᴄ || Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ Pʀᴏғᴇssᴏʀ || Sᴛᴜᴅʏ ᴏғ Aɴᴄɪᴇɴᴛ Rᴜɴᴇs

════════════════════════

Grayson walked into the classroom, eyes already taking in the room. He walked up to the chalkboard and, picking up a piece of chalk, quickly wrote something on the board.

Professor Powell
                                            Ollivander Family

Placing the chalk down, he looked over the class. "Welcome back, class. Last time, we went over what you had previously learned in class last year. Today we're going to be going over the history of the Ollivander family.

"The Ollivander family arrived in England around the time the Romans did about 382 BC, when the first Ollivander arrived. Upon seeing the quality of wands the ancient Britons used, he decided to set up shop and provide a better quality to the people here.

His descendants practiced the art of wandmaking, each successive generation building upon the knowledge of the previous. Each brought a distinctive viewpoint viewpoint to the craft, and even specialized to suit their needs, as well as the needs of the wizarding community. The last Ollivander to own the wandshop, Garrick, even went as far as to ensure that only the finest products would go into each wand, and also had a knack for remembering every wand ever sold in his shop."

He looked about the classroom. "Now, I want everyone to take out your wands and take a god long look at them. I'm sure that you all remember what your wands are made of. I want you to write a short paragraph about your wands, and why you might think it chose you."

════════════════════════
                                            Location: History of Magic Classroom
                                            Thinking: ...
                                            OOC:

Now where did I put that wand?

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:27 am
x
x
x
x

x

Ariana walked into History of Magic and plopped down in her usual seat. She sat back as lessons started; they were talking about the Ollivander family. She didn't really pay much attention this time as thoughts circled her head. She only really head Professor Powell told everyone to take out their wands. It took a moment for Ariana to process it, but when she did she slipped her wand from the inside of her robe and started looking at them. Of course she remembered what her wand was made from, however she didn't really know what any of it had to do with why it chose her...

My wand is flexible, 10½ inches made of ivy with a porlock hair core. I don't really understand that many things about wandlore, so I don't really know why my wand would've chosen me. I guess that my birthdate has something to do with my wand wood -- I read that once in some book -- but I'm not exactly sure. I have no clue as to why my core is porlock hair, but considering they're protective creatures, maybe that's why it picked me -- because I'm a protective person?

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:33 pm
User Image
                                                                    User Image ════════════════════════ Sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ Yᴇᴀʀ |❷| Gʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ |❷| Hᴀʟғ-Bʟᴏᴏᴅ ════════════════════════

Text

Dani greeted Professor Powell with a sweet smile and a greeting when she walked into the classroom, hoping he might respond to her, before taking her seat at the front of the class.

She listened to his sonorous voice as he detailed the wandmaking legacy of the Ollivander Family. As he did this, Dani remembered how one of her former Housemates, one of the girls whom shared the boat ride with her last year, wished fervently to become a wand maker herself. ‘I wonder what happened to Brisen,’ she thought. ‘She never came back for this term.’ Dani let the thought pass to concentrate on the lesson and take notes.

I guess the claim on the side of the wand shop isn’t an exaggeration,’ she thought idly. ‘382 B.C., that’s got to put it to when Hadrian was the emperor. No wonder the proprietor looks so … ancient.’

When Professor Powell directed the class to do so, Dani drew her wand from the pocket in her robes, and started giving it an appraising look. Not so long ago, she dreaded even handling the thing, as if magic might spontaneously spew forth from it. Now she was more comfortable with her wand. She recalled what the elderly wandmaker told her, and started noting it down, committing fountain pen to parchment.

‘My wand is eleven inches long, and is composed of oak with the heartstrings of a dragon at its core. It is quite powerful, sturdy enough to handle the most powerful enchantments, and still it is flexible enough to handle the subtlest Charms. I think it chose me because it was the only one I tried which didn’t immediately catch fire or explode when I tried using it…’

════════════════════════
                                                                    OOC:

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:37 pm
I will keep quiet.
You won’t even know I’m here.
You won’t suspect a thing.
You won’t see me in the mirror.
But I crept into your heart...
You can’t make me disappear-
'Til I make you!
I made myself at home...

In the cobwebs and the lies: Grim
I’m learning all your tricks: ...
I can hurt you from inside: Second Years
I made myself a promise: History of Magic

M O R V E N | G R A I N N E | V A S S
B L O O D T R A I T O R | S L Y T H E R I N | S E C O N D Y E A R User Image

Morven groaned from her seat in the back, though she had enough sense to be quiet about it. Wands? As if anyone cared about the history of wandmaking or why their wand had chosen them! Well, some people might, she certainly didn't. All that mattered was that a wand had chosen her, not why it had chosen her. She didn't want to analyze it, thus analyzing herself. She pulled her wand out and glowered at it unfairly.

Alder wood, centaur hair, 9 inches, inflexible, extensively decorated shaft. I assume my wand chose me because I was clearly the best master it could hope to have. I have no idea what alder wood symbolizes, or what centaur hair means about my character. I suppose the inflexible nature of the wood is some hint to me being an inflexible, stubborn person who refuses to budge, and that's correct. The decorated shaft might be a poke at my love of pretty things. I'm hardly ashamed of the fact that it has little roses and thorns etched into the shaft.

YOU WILL NEVER SEE ME CRY.

You’ll never know what hit you...
Won’t see me closing in...
I’m gonna make you suffer...
This hell you put me in!
I’m underneath your skin...
The devil within...
I will be here;
When you think you’re all alone.

Second Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items