Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Geezerville ~ RP's
Wonderland Project: Planning and OOCs - OPEN Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 41 42 43 44 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Where do your loyalties lie?
  Gold!!!
  Long live the Queen of Hearts!
  Long live the Queen of Diamonds!
  I like toast.
  Long live the Queen of Clubs!
  Long live the Queen of Spades!
  To hell with them all!
  Don't know and have no opinion.
  *throws rocks at ThisEmptySoul*
  Loyalty? What's that?
View Results

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:20 pm
I do kind of like the idea of the clapperboard, but including the character image does allow the freedom to mess with your avatar no matter how long a scene takes. In Miro's case, she was going to be stuck in the same outfit for the entire duration, pretty much... and her having the most extensive inventory of all the accounts I'm juggling, it seemed kind of a shame for her to be locked into one outfit for the next 4 or 5 months or so. Not that I like dressing her up or anything ninja

I think my gaydar is ringing wink
STFU, RY stressed  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:29 pm
I like the character image. It allows us to change avatars, but still reminds everyone what the "movie" character looks like.

I still haven't come up with Tweedle costumes for Karrie and Mitri, but it looks like I've got a while before that will come up. I don't remember what I had for them before, and the pictures are gone. cat_sweatdrop  

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:59 pm
I still have the original costume ideas saved on my computer, and I gotta say, as a whole, everyone's sense of fashion has improved since then so it's probably better I let you figure out new outfits rofl

In other news, upon further investigation, the spouse and I determined it was most likely my CPU that was overheating rather than my graphics card. Just spent a lot of the evening cleaning off the heat sink, installing a more powerful fan for the CPU and putting in an additional case fan {still lacking mounts, so it's just kind of sitting in the case without being screwed into anything}. While making sure then new fans were working properly, we discovered that the fan on the back of my case that has the job of blowing all the hot air out wasn't spinning as fast as it's supposed to, which may have been the real problem all along. After fiddling with it a bit, we determined it's broke as ********, the fan mounts for the broken fan don't work for the extra fans we have sitting around, so we'll have to go to the store tomorrow to find ones that will work because that's a pretty important fan. Spouse figured the other two might make up for it, but I was like... "no... we need to replace this fan. Seriously."

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:11 pm
I'm sure I saved them, but that would probably have been on the laptop that completely died. sweatdrop I could probably look through the backups from it, but that would take forever. You're right anyway, it's probably better to figure out new outfits.

Fans... major problems are caused by such a small thing.  

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:01 pm
rofl As if to prove me right, computer went kaput again last night after all that work when the spouse wanted me to play a game with them. They honestly thought it would work anyway with the busted fan.

Got fan screws today, mounted the extra case fan properly, took out the busted exhaust fan, and put in the new one. Only time will tell if it's actually fixed now. Hopefully it is.

Side note: I need to get that leg item Kits is wearing for Ry ninja Probably the 3rd thing I've either bought or put on my wishlist after seeing you wearing it.

Edit: not fixed, apparently stare Computer wasn't even running hot this time when it died, so not likely a heating issue like we thought.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:49 pm
Well, the fan may not have been the problem, but it was broken, so it's a good thing you fixed it. At least now your computer will be properly cooled.

I'm glad I can inspire some avatar choices for you. cat_lol  

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:21 pm
So, spouse and I switched graphics cards to figure out if it was the graphics card or something else wrong. Both our computers ran fine for several hours, and just when we let our guards down, spouse's computer froze. While it sucked at the time, at least it confirmed it was in fact the graphics card and not something else wrong with my computer. Being that we planned on getting new GPUs in the near future, it was actually ideal that the problem be the graphics card and nothing else.

Spouse asked around and a coworker of theirs had a spare card they were willing to lend, so I've got that in now and haven't had a problem since installing. Even finally played that game with the spouse that they've been wanting to play all weekend. It's older and lower end than what I had, but I don't run anything on the daily that would need the power of a higher end card so it'll be fine until we get new ones.

And now that that's solved, I'll need to pour in a lot of time to finishing up the current chapter and cleaning it up sweatdrop Last week, already had the chapter "acted out" by the start of the week and just needed to spend the week cleaning it up, but this time I still need to do both.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:45 pm
Well, at least you've got a working computer for now. Even if it's not what you're used to, it's better than having your computer freeze all the time.  

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:34 am
Definitely. The difference also isn't noticeable so far in what I've done, but I haven't even tried any of the more graphics intensive things I have on my computer either.

I suspect all the freezes might have slightly broken my operating system, though. I've run into two programs now that just won't open anymore. I uninstalled and reinstalled one of them to try to fix it and that didn't work so I have little confidence it'll fix the other one. They're thankfully programs I can do without for now, but I should probably start backing up files and start planning on reinstalling windows. But I don't wanna! *whine*

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:06 pm
cat_gonk I know it's a pain, but better than possibly losing everything. It's a good idea to have stuff backed up anyway, just in case. I learned that one the hard way. cat_sweatdrop  

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:49 pm
I have yet to do that backup sweatdrop Spouse keeps reminding me of it, but I've been putting it off and using the conversion of chapter 4 as an excuses ninja

Today is the first day I've sat down and worked on it more seriously, though, and it's actually going by pretty quickly since most of this chapter is dialogue. I've just finished up with the last post before Gio interrupted, so there's not much left to go. I might actually finish tomorrow when the spouse leaves for a massage, which will give me Monday morning to proofread and edit. I tend to find proofreading goes better when I've let it sit for at least a day without looking at it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:58 pm
Kairanha
So uh... the wonderland project is apparently happening now and figured I'd give you a poke to see if you're still up for it, given that the mad hatter's scene is coming up soonish... though maybe I should have done so sooner? I'm not good with these types of things...

Anyhow, I've been trying to keep on a 2 week schedule, so assuming things stay on schedule, hatter's scene is set to begin around July 10th and be wrapped up before the 24th. You can also hang out behind the scenes in the meantime if you want.

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:21 pm
I'll pass.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:41 pm
Alright, so the backup plan is Liada and her crew for the hatter and company if someone knows how to get a hold of her {best fit probably being Lia as the hatter, Hauk as the march hare, and Anira as the dormouse... she was going to be the dormouse anyway, after all}.

The back up plan to that back up plan is FoA, Holls being the hatter, Ty being the march hare, and Sabe being the dormouse. Unless any of the rest of you have a crew of characters you want to throw at the role. It's something that definitely needs to be filled since it's an iconic part.

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:39 pm
Update on the computer situation: did the back up, wrestled with getting windows repair to work {because it's easier than reinstalling windows altogether}, and things seemed to work fine afterward... until I plugged my tablet back in. Apparently whatever is wrong with my computer wasn't fixed with the repair and it's when my tablet is plugged in that certain programs break. Thankfully, those certain programs aren't my art programs, so it's still usable.

Spouse tried my tablet on their computer to see if the same programs broke to see if it was a problem with the tablet, but it seemed to work fine on their computer. We're not sure if it's a problem with my windows installation still or a problem with my motherboard at this point... or potentially something else. But the work around is that I'll just leave my tablet unplugged until I want to use it.

Geezerville ~ RP's

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 41 42 43 44 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games