Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Third Year Classes
Advanced Flying II ~ Lesson 1/4 (Opened 11/22) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 5:55 pm
User ImageUser Image

Oh, I don't know what you've been told
But this gal right here's gonna rule the world
Yeah, that is where I'm gonna be, because I wanna be
No, I don't wanna sit still, look pretty

═══════RESERVE BEATER══════

Jilly came to this class wanting to get better for Quidditch or even just to get better with flying. She arrived and found her spot. She was happy to hear beaters were the topic though the boys had it covered. She didn't feel the need to add more to this conversation so she just listened.

════════════════════════

OoC:

I know the other girlies
Wanna wear expensive things
Like diamond rings
But I don't wanna be the puppet
That you're playing on a string
This queen don't need a king

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 11:08 am
Professor Landon Price
Muggleborn Former Hufflepuff
Professor of Flying (1st to 3rd Year)

User ImageUser Image
                                    Location: Class (on the pitch) - Friday @ 10:00am

"That is correct Marcello. 10 points to Ravenclaw." Landon replied. "And yes the hits they land can in fact make it hard for chasers to get their shots past the keeper. Thank you for that contribution Hikaru, another 5 points to Ravenclaw." He replied before getting into his mini lecture. "As was just stated a beater's job is in fact to hit bludgers at the opposing team to make it more difficult for them, as well as to protect their own teammates from incoming bludgers. There are two beaters on each team and they are known to be the ones most hit by bludgers, whether it's by being aimed at or missing their target." Landon explained.

“Now, I’m sure you don’t want to just sit and listen to one giant lecture on how playing Beater works. Besides I find the best way to learn is to try it for yourself.” Landon told them with a small smirk. “So today I’m giving you a change to try it out for yourselves. For those who already know how to play Beater think of this as practice. I promise our next topic will be something you’ve never done less you’ve played any other position.” He said knowing it would be boring for those who already knew but they could at least help their classmates if they wanted too.

Landon then handed out the Beater bats and brooms to anyone who needed them. “Now before I release the bludgers on you I’m going to explain how this works. Line the Beater bat up with the incoming bludger, and give a good swing at an angle that will get it to go in the direction you want it to go.” He explained. “You are all aiming at those targets there, so good luck and most importantly have fun. As mentioned before, with playing Beater you take a big risk of being hit, but do not worry if that happens. I’ll be casting the softening charm to insure you don’t get injured during class.” Landon assured them hoping they’d go out there and just have some fun.

Rules: Same as Quidditch Rules
                                    Dice roll 3 or lower you lose a life (In this case you won't take a life)
                                    Dice roll + Modifiers if higher then targets AC = Hit (In this case - Targets AC is 13)

Skills:
                                    If you already have skills - use the skills you have
                                    If you don't have skills click the link provided --> Here and pick your skills.

With: my third year class

Wearing: Professional

OOC: If you have any questions just let me know.
                                    Note : You may try to hit the target as many times as you like and you don't have to wait the six hours as you are hitting dumb targets.

Kungfudemoness
                                    Hikaru Nakano, Ravenclaw : 1/4 || 0 Reports
                                    Jillian Faulkner, Gryffindor : 1/4 || 0 Reports

The Forgotten Weasley
                                    Lydia Spencer, Hufflepuff : 0/4 || 0 Reports

Miss GryffindorK
                                    Driskol Abrams, Ravenclaw : 0/4 || 0 Reports

kiska166
                                    Brianna Overton, Gryffindor : 0/4 || 0 Reports

Cara MiaKitty
                                    Chrysanthemum Meadows, Gryffindor : 0/4 || 0 Reports

The Shiny Furret
                                    Marcello Fioravanti, Ravenclaw : 1/4 || 0 Reports

Diamond Wales
                                    Darrell Cherri, Gryffindor : 0/4 || 0 Reports
                                    Ji-Yeong Cho, Hufflepuff : 0/4 || 0 Reports

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
CatWaffle rolled 1 20-sided dice: 20 Total: 20 (1-20)

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 8:57 pm
User Image

I won't just survive
Oh, you will see me thrive
Can't write my story
I'm beyond the archetype
I won't just conform
No matter how you shake my core
'Cause my roots, they run deep

Hikaru took the bat he was offered and got onto his broom. he had never tried beater before. He would give it a good try though. Once the bludgers were free he went to one that would give him a good angle and swung it to the target.

Position: Classtime beater
AC: 14 (10+2(Natural Flyer)+1 experience +1 AF1)
Modifiers: +4 Catch (Seeker/keeper) +2 Everything else
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Great Catch, Dang Healthy
Lives: [1] [2] [3] [4]
Final Roll: 22 (Way to go Hikaru!)

Oh, ye of so little faith
Don't doubt it, don't doubt it
Victory is in your veins
You know it, you know it
And you will not negotiate
Just fight it, just fight it
And be transformed

Ooc:
null

CatWaffle rolled 1 20-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 6:57 am
User ImageUser Image

════════════════════════

Jilly was totally ready for this exercise. She watched Hikaru have a great beginners luck shot. nailing the target dead on. She was happy for him, the guy needed a confidence boost. He was too shy for his own good. She joined in the beater bonanza and went to hit a target herself

Position: Classtime Beater
AC: 14 (10+2(Deft Dodger)+1 experience +1 AF1)
Modifiers: +4 to hit (beater) +4 spot (seeker) +2 everything else
Special Skills: Sharp Eyes, Mean Swing, Deft Dodger
Lives: [1] [2] [3]

════════════════════════

OoC:

I know the other girlies
Like diamond rings

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 7:02 am
User ImageUser Image

════════════════════════

Jilly was having bad luck; she went for the bludger but missed, She braced for a hit but was surprised to see that the bludger was charmed not to try and murder them. 'Whew that could have sucked.' she thought to herself.

Position: Classtime Beater
Modifiers: +4 to hit (beater) +4 spot (seeker) +2 everything else
Special Skills: Sharp Eyes, Mean Swing, Deft Dodger
Final Roll: 5 (CRIT FAIL)

════════════════════════

OoC: there we go!

I know the other girlies
Like diamond rings

CatWaffle rolled 1 20-sided dice: 17 Total: 17 (1-20)
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 4:38 am
User Image

I won't just survive
Oh, you will see me thrive
Can't write my story
I'm beyond the archetype
I won't just conform
No matter how you shake my core
'Cause my roots, they run deep

Hikaru Nailed the shot, practically dead on too! Jilly had less luck and almost winced with her but it seemed the bludgers were tamed. 'Oh, good were not leaving with cracked ribs.' He thought glad Jilly was unhurt. He proceeded to give it one more go. Perhaps he was a decent beater too? Even if he was it was a bit too dangerous for him.

-----AFTER SHOT-----

Another nailed shot! He was doing pretty good at this! Maybe it didn't suck and just had bad luck till now. Maybe it had something to do with growing up too, he did seem to be bigger than last year.

Position: Classtime beater
AC: 14 (10+2(Natural Flyer)+1 experience +1 AF1)
Modifiers: +4 Catch (Seeker/keeper) +2 Everything else
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Great Catch, Dang Healthy
Lives: [1] [2] [3] [4]
Final Roll: 19 (Dude where these rolls when we need them!)

Oh, ye of so little faith
Don't doubt it, don't doubt it
Victory is in your veins
You know it, you know it
And you will not negotiate
Just fight it, just fight it
And be transformed

Ooc: last one and I'll just edit in the result with the roll to save sanity
null

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:50 am
Professor Landon Price

User ImageUser Image

Landon liked what he saw during the last class. They were a good bunch of students when it came to targeting things. However, now they'd be dealing with the snitch an evasive little ball that was down near impossible to see. Landon knew full well that catching the golden ball was a challenge and a real challenge at that. As he waited for his class to arrive he thought about the position they would be going over.

“Good morning class. Last we covered the position of Beater. Today however we will be learning the position of Seeker.” Landon told the class. “The Seeker has only one sole purpose in the game of Quidditch.” He explained. “Now can anyone tell me what that is and why it’s one of the most important jobs?” he asked the class. It was an easy question but it got them involved before working on the practical.

OOC: - - -

Kungfudemoness
                                    Hikaru Nakano, Ravenclaw : 1/4 || 0 Reports
                                    Jillian Faulkner, Gryffindor : 1/4 || 0 Reports

The Forgotten Weasley
                                    Lydia Spencer, Hufflepuff : 0/4 || 0 Reports

Miss GryffindorK
                                    Driskol Abrams, Ravenclaw : 0/4 || 0 Reports

kiska166
                                    Brianna Overton, Gryffindor : 0/4 || 0 Reports

Cara MiaKitty
                                    Chrysanthemum Meadows, Gryffindor : 0/4 || 0 Reports

The Shiny Furret
                                    Marcello Fioravanti, Ravenclaw : 1/4 || 0 Reports

Diamond Wales
                                    Darrell Cherri, Gryffindor : 0/4 || 0 Reports
                                    Ji-Yeong Cho, Hufflepuff : 0/4 || 0 Reports

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:49 am
New Year 2038 - 2039

Reminder...

Each student must attend a minimum of two lessons or face losing house points. Unless reason is given either in the absent thread or through private message. If reason is given it will count as if you were present for that class lesson.  

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:53 am
Professor Landon Price

User ImageUser Image

Landon walked onto the field for his third year class. He hoped the students would enjoy this year more than last. He’d be teaching them everything they would need to know to play Quidditch and for some, make them into professionals. It was a tough job but someone had to do it. Landon knew just about everything there was to know about Quidditch, so it was only fitting for him to want them to know just as much.

As the students started to come onto the field Landon smiled. "Good morning class, it's good to see you back again and I hope your first week back has been going well so far." he told them brightly. "Just a quick reminder on the rules before we get started, come to class on time and prepared to have fun and do your best. No horsing around and please leave your wands in your bags." Landon quickly skimmed over. "Now, this year we will be covering all the positions in Quidditch. For today we will be starting off with the position of Beater. So what can you guys tell me about it?" he asked curiously wondering what his class already knew.

Kungfudemoness
                                    Charlie Antúnez, Hufflepuff: 0/4 || 0 Reports

The Forgotten Weasley
                                    Donella Brown, Hufflepuff : 0/4 || 0 Reports
                                    Myron Hargrave, Gryffindor : 0/4 || 0 Reports

Essy ze Ninja
                                    Roman Dowling, Gryffindor : 0/4 || 0 Reports

Diamond Wales
                                    Wallis McGregor, Ravenclaw : 0/4 || 0 Reports
                                    Byuchuch Horne, Slytherin : 0/4 || 0 Reports
                                    Chance Whitethorne, Hufflepuff : 0/4 || 0 Reports

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:39 am
User Image
User Image

Gonna ride the world like a merry-go-round
Like a Ferris wheel that's breaking down
Drinking angel's piss, gonna crash and burn
I just want some action so gimme my turn

Charlie arrived on the feild hopefully. He can get better for qudditch and become the starting seeker once that player graduated. Today was starting with a lecture, Charlie didnt mind at all. When a discussion question came up Charlie was hoping for a not obvious awnser but ended up feeling like he gave a smart a** response. "Well they're heavy and they really hurt getting hit by them." He replied

Like a Chinese drama and conspiracy
                                          It's the death of a nuclear family staring up at you
                                          It's looking like another bad comedy
                                          Just as long as it comes in high-fidelity for me too

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:41 pm
Professor Landon Price

User ImageUser Image

"Yes they are and they certainly do. Thank you Charlie." Landon replied before getting into the role of beater. "A beater's job is to hit bludgers at the opposing team to make it more difficult for them, as well as to protect their own teammates from incoming bludgers. There are two beaters on each team and they are known to be the ones most hit by bludgers, whether it's by being aimed at or missing their target." Landon explained.

“Now, I’m sure you don’t want to just sit and listen to one giant lecture on how playing Beater works. Besides I find the best way to learn is to try it for yourself.” Landon told them with a small smirk. “So today I’m giving you a change to try it out for yourselves. For those who already know how to play Beater think of this as practice. I promise our next topic will be something you’ve never done less you’ve played any other position.” He said knowing it would be boring for those who already knew but they could at least help their classmates if they wanted too.

Landon then handed out the Beater bats and brooms to anyone who needed them. “Now before I release the bludgers on you I’m going to explain how this works. Line the Beater bat up with the incoming bludger, and give a good swing at an angle that will get it to go in the direction you want it to go.” He explained. “You are all aiming at those targets there, so good luck and most importantly have fun. As mentioned before, with playing Beater you take a big risk of being hit, but do not worry if that happens. I’ll be casting the softening charm to insure you don’t get injured during class.” Landon assured them hoping they’d go out there and just have some fun.

Rules: Same as Quidditch Rules
                                    Dice roll 3 or lower you lose a life (In this case you won't take a life)
                                    Dice roll + Modifiers if higher then targets AC = Hit (In this case - Targets AC is 13)

Skills:
                                    If you already have skills - use the skills you have
                                    If you don't have skills click the link provided --> Here and pick your skills.

OOC: If you have any questions just let me know.
                                    Note : You may try to hit the target as many times as you like and you don't have to wait the six hours as you are hitting dumb targets.

Kungfudemoness
                                    Charlie Antúnez, Hufflepuff: 1/4 || 0 Reports

The Forgotten Weasley
                                    Donella Brown, Hufflepuff : 0/4 || 0 Reports
                                    Myron Hargrave, Gryffindor : 0/4 || 0 Reports

Essy ze Ninja
                                    Roman Dowling, Gryffindor : 0/4 || 0 Reports

Diamond Wales
                                    Wallis McGregor, Ravenclaw : 0/4 || 0 Reports
                                    Byuchuch Horne, Slytherin : 0/4 || 0 Reports
                                    Chance Whitethorne, Hufflepuff : 0/4 || 0 Reports

CatWaffle rolled 1 20-sided dice: 13 Total: 13 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:31 am
User Image
User Image

Charlie was so ecited the do more fling today plus he would get to try beater without risk if a broken rib or leg. Get a beaters bat he was reminded of practice and seeing the beaters while snitch searching. He flew up with the bat and aimed a bludger at it

Position:
                                          Modifiers: +4 (Catching Quaffle) +4 (Spotting) + 2 everything else
                                          Special Skills: Hold the Line, Deft Dodger, Sharp eyes
                                          Total roll:15 (good boy Charlie)

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
CatWaffle rolled 1 20-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-20)

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:36 am
User Image
User Image

Charlie cheered a bit when he hit the target. Prehaps he could do it again and mabye ot was mre than beginners luck

Position:
                                          Modifiers: +4 (Catching Quaffle) +4 (Spotting) + 2 everything else
                                          Special Skills: Hold the Line, Deft Dodger, Sharp eyes
                                          Total roll: 6 (swing and a miss)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:41 pm
New Year 2039 - 2040

Reminder...

Each student must attend a minimum of two lessons or face losing house points. Unless reason is given either in the absent thread or through private message. If reason is given it will count as if you were present for that class lesson.  

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:52 pm
Professor Landon Price

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Landon walked onto the field for his third year class. He hoped the students would enjoy this year more than last. He’d be teaching them everything they would need to know to play Quidditch and for some, make them into professionals. It was a tough job but someone had to do it. Landon knew just about everything there was to know about Quidditch, so it was only fitting for him to want them to know just as much.

As the students started to come onto the field Landon smiled. "Good morning class, it's good to see you back again and I hope your first week back has been going well so far." he told them brightly. "Just a quick reminder on the rules before we get started, come to class on time and prepared to have fun and do your best. No horsing around and please leave your wands in your bags." Landon quickly skimmed over. "Now, this year we will be covering all the positions in Quidditch. For today we will be starting off with the position of Beater. So what can you guys tell me about it?" he asked curiously wondering what his class already knew.

Kungfudemoness
                                    Ferdinand Delacroix, Hufflepuff : 0/4 || 0 Reports

oyehh
                                    Elizabeth Whyte, Hufflepuff : 0/4 || 0 Reports

murruelecreuset
                                    Gabriella Stanford, Gryffindor : 0/4 || 0 Reports

The Forgotten Weasley
                                    Callista Hargrave, Slytherin : 0/4 || 0 Reports
                                    Madoc Warlow, Gryffindor : 0/4 || 0 Reports

Diamond Wales
                                    Galen Hall, Gryffindor : 0/4 || 0 Reports

Miss GryffindorK
                                    Helena Davisson, Ravenclaw : 0/4 || 0 Reports

Jade Galaksylph
                                    Drew-Jenna Eide, Gryffindor : 0/4 || 0 Reports

Devlyn Maycry
                                    Rein Lorna, Ravenclaw : 0/4 || 0 Reports

Yukina101
                                    Gi-Seung Cho, Gryffindor : 0/4 || 0 Reports

Third Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items