Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Arc 1 - Beast of a Thousand Knives (Completed) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 42 43 44 45 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:05 pm
Initiative order

Gloom: HP 29/41, prone
Razorclaw
Kuori: HP 38/38
Hakka: HP 42/42
Thava: HP 43/43
Revenge: HP 40/47, prone

As Gloom cracks the Sunrod the entire room it lit up, revealing the horror that was Razorclaw. Rearing up on its razor sharp legs the grub-like centipede monstrosity towers in at over ten feet tall. It lets out a horrid hiss as its domain is lit up by the Sunrod. With an angry roar it rushes at the adventures with alarming speed. It quickly became apparent it had no intention of stopping. Gloom's Eldritch Bolt misses its mark as Razorclaw plows into the adventures. Gloom and Revenge are both knocked prone and pierced by his dagger like feet. (Revenge takes 7 damage and gloom is crit for 12 damage) Thava and Kouri both mange to dodge that rampaging Razerclaw as he passes through them. The monster then comes to a stop in front of the exit blocking any attempt at escape. Razorclaw then turns around and focuses his beady little red eyes back on the adventures. Saliva dripped from his alien mouth.

((Razorclaw now stands on squares Y23,Y24, Z23, Z24)) I will have my wife update the map when she gets home.))  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:16 pm
IMMEDIATE REACTION!!!

Quote:
Frozen Armor - Upon being struck by a melee attack, Revenge's armor deals 4 cold damage to the Razorclaw, and it is immobilized until the end of my next turn.

Upon being struck by the beast, Revenge's dark blue plate mail would flash and ice crystals would encompass the immediate area around him at the charging beast.

Free Action

"To quote a wise wizard I've once met, you shall not pass!"  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:27 am
Razorclaw's Den

User Image

Initiative order

Gloom: HP 41/41,
Razorclaw 4 damage, Immobilized

Razorclaw's trample is immediately stopped by Revenge's frozen armor. Unfortunately the paladin is now trapped underneath the beast in a tangled web of frozen limbs (Cannot stand up from prone while under Razorclaw))

PupSage
Your up! Sorry for spamming you with notices I'm having to do a lot of edits. xp

PupSage rolled 4 20-sided dice: 5, 19, 18, 20 Total: 62 (4-80)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 am
((That triggers Gloom's armor too, its the same armor I have in my Friday game. -2 to all attacks, save ends, then a -1 to all attacks, save ends.))

Kuori uses a minor action to mark Razorclaw as her quarry. Then she would shift back one square(X23), draw her bow back and launch an arrow at the beast.
Then, feeling pumped full of rage and general baddassery, Kuori readies another shot (Action point) and fires a twarting shot at the Centipede creature.
Nat 20 = 28 vs AC 30 Dmg if it hits
Twarting Shot = 19 vs Fortitude (If it hits, another 8 dmg and it gets a -2 to all attacks until the end of Kuori's next turn.)

(Markings of the victor lets me roll my first attack twice.)
(Split the tree says roll twice and take the higher.)  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

Ryssa Blackblood

High-functioning Sex Symbol

11,215 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:29 pm
(Okay, so here's the fun....)

Hakka is a bit startled to see the creature come charging out of the darkness just to wind up apparently frozen to the ground. However, given the beasts vicious appearance, this can only be the creature they were sent out to hunt. Going off of that train of thought, the tiny fox darted into the cave, attempting to nimbly skitter past the many legs this beast had (Acrobatics 14, also Tiny can move through small or larger creatures spaces). Once on the other side, (T,25 for flanking) there was a minor puff of smoke and what had been a fox was now a petite young woman with brilliant red hair and a chain-scythe in her hands. She spun the weighted end over her head before lashing out at the creatures legs to try and pull it off balance (Attack 16 vs Reflex, 4 Damage & Knocked Prone if hits). Assuming she didn't miss, the girl would then twist around slightly and slash at the beast's hindquarters with the blade end of her weapon (Attack 20 vs AC [22 if creature prone], 7 Damage).

(And as always, should her attack reduce the target to 10 HP or less, it dies)  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:47 pm
HP: 40/47, Razorclaw marked.

FREE ACTION

Revenge would simply release the everburning torch in his grasp. He thought his sunrod was going to be used a bit more tactically than that sweatdrop

MINOR ACTION

With his left hand, he would grip and unsheath a dagger!

STANDARD ACTION

From this position, it would be easy to cut into this creature's soft underbelly! ... right?

Quote:
Enfeebling Strike roll of I don't want to talk about it.

Okay that was a LOT of stabby razory talons dancing all around him. It was kind of terrifying, really.

MINOR ACTION

Instead, he would simply pound his forearm against the beast's underside to get its attention. "Hey! Finish what you started!" he barked at it.

Quote:
Divine Challenge on Razorclaw. It is marked until my next turn. The first time it makes an attack roll that doesn't include me as a target, it takes 7 radiant damage.

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:03 pm
Razorclaw's Den

User Image

Initiative order

Gloom: HP 41/41,
Razorclaw 42 damage, -2 to attack

Kuori's aim proves true as she launches an arrow directly into one of the beasts many eyes. The creature rears back and lets out a tremendous roar of pain which Kuori then uses to bury another arrow into its throat.

Hakka dashes through the adventurers, finally revealing the truth of her nature as she transforms into a woman behind the beast. Razorclaw slashes at her as she goes by with one of his many claws, but he fails to hit her. However Razclaw does manage to dodge the fox-girl's counter attack.

Brandishing her sword of obsidian, Thava shifts up to W24 and lashes out with impetuous ruin at Razorclaw, but her blow is deflected by a hard piece of the monsters chitinous armor.

Revenge attempts to lash out at the belly of the monster with his dagger but fails to pierce through. His words of challenge seem almost comical while he's trapped underneath the giant monster, but the paladin knows the true power his words carries.

I Drink Blue Moon
Your turn

I Drink Blue Moon rolled 1 20-sided dice: 11 Total: 11 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:37 am
Gloom lifts his flail into the air and says, "Feel the fury of the scourge of exquisite agony." He brings down the weapon heavily onto the beast, lashing out at things that go deeper than just flesh. (Spirit Flay)

11+9=20 to attack vs Reflex, if it hits the target is dazed and takes 14 dmg. Also due to equipment things it would take an extra +5 dmg and 6 ongoing dmg.  

I Drink Blue Moon

Tricky Treater

10,875 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:52 pm
Razorclaw's Den

User Image

Initiative order

Gloom: HP 34/41,prone
Razorclaw 67 damage, -2 to attack, Dazed, saved from ongoing
Hakka: HP 30/42prone
Thava: HP 36/43prone

Gloom's painful-looking mace catches Razorclaw under what might be considered his chin. A sticky ichor drips from the wound and the creature seems somewhat shaken by the blow. However, Razorclaw's rage boils over and he begins to thrash about, trampling over Hakka (crit, 12 damage, knocked prone) and then advancing through the rest of the party.

The paladin manages to shield himself as the monsters rushes over him and plows into Thava and Gloom, knocking them prone and piercing them with his claws, (knocked prone, 7 damage each).

Kuori manages to dodge the creature as it rushes past her, and Razorclaw stops at the entrance. The beast turns around and focuses his beady little red eyes back on the adventurers, though he still seems dazed. The wound on his chin also had stopped bleeding.

PupSage
You're up!

PupSage rolled 1 20-sided dice: 17 Total: 17 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:47 am
Kuori fires a shot at the beast and shifts back to guard the fallen warriors. Using Stones endurance as she prepares for the next assault, since the beast seemed so keen on positioning itself here.
17+9=26 vs AC to attack
1d12+6 dmg +1d6= 12 dmg  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

Ryssa Blackblood

High-functioning Sex Symbol

11,215 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:27 am
Hakka got to her feet, growling in her throat at the beast for trampling her. She did hate the loss of nimbleness when she took on her human form. The girl tucked her chain scythe into a pouch and retrieved a shuriken in one hand and her short sword in the other (Quick swap, free action). She then took a moment to poison her shuriken with a dose of Carrion Crawler Brain Juice (Minor action, lasts for the encounter). Then, with fire in her eyes, the girl hurled the shuriken at her foe.

Attack roll: 22 v AC
Damage: 9+8+9=26 Damage
4 Additional Poison Damage and target is slowed until the end of my next turn. (Ignore posion resist and immunity thanks to Venom Hand Master Feat)

and as always, if the damage reduces the monster to 10HP or less, it dies.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:31 am
Initiative order

Gloom: HP 34/41, prone
Razorclaw 113 damage, Dazed, Slowed
Hakka: HP 30/42
Thava: HP 36/43 Total Defense

Thava stands up from prone and uses lightning breath. (25vs ref, 4 lightning damage) She then uses total defense.

((flavor text when I get home))

Rain Yupa
You're up

I Drink Blue Moon
Might as well go as well

Kowsauni
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:12 pm
40/47 hp, Razorclaw marked

MOVE ACTION

Revenge would stand, using his tail to help push his weighted body off the ground. Upon standing, he'd dust himself off quickly.

MINOR ACTION

"You're a terrible listener. Come, face me already! Stop running away!"

Quote:
Divine Challenge on Razorclaw. It is marked until my next turn. The first time it makes an attack roll that doesn't include me as a target, it takes 7 radiant damage.

STANDARD ACTION

If no one else would test Kuori's theory, he'd just have to test it himself. He'd offer a silent prayer, and his holy symbol would glow with radiance. A blast of divine energy would blast out of it, aiming to impact the Razorclaw's face!

Quote:
Dazzling Flare. 18 vs Razorclaw's reflex. If it hits, 14 radiant damage and the Razorclaw takes -2 to attack rolls until the end of my next turn.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:23 am
Initiative order

Gloom: HP 34/41, prone
Razorclaw 127 damage, Dazed, Slowed, Marked, -2 to attack
Hakka: HP 30/42
Thava: HP 36/43 Total Defense

Hakka's shuriken buries itself deep within a gap between two chitinous armor plates in Razorclaw's side. The monster howls in pain. Both Kuori's and Thava's attacks manage to find their mark as well. Razorclaw begins to show signs of his injuries but still looks to have a lot of fight left in him. As the paladin attempts to sear the monster with a bright blast of light from his holy symbol, it dazzles him.

I Drink Blue Moon
You're up!

Kowsauni
Crew

I Drink Blue Moon rolled 2 20-sided dice: 12, 2 Total: 14 (2-40)

I Drink Blue Moon

Tricky Treater

10,875 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:44 am
Getting up
12+9=21+2=23 vs AC for 1d10+5 dmg (11 dmg)
Turning Invisible

Gloom stood up after being trampled. He used the reach of his weapon to assault the beast from the back lines and hit it hard. Then he vanished from sight.  
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 42 43 44 45 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games