Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 4e] Unity
L5R - Unity - Chapter 1 - Winter Solstice Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 11:04 pm
"Hello, miss! I am of the Kraken clan!" The bushi proudly declared. "We are a small clan though. I would bet you see more people in an hour than my clan has samurai.We are a small clan yet. As to what I want, I was wondering if you could make me an order of dango that has alternating balls of blue and white?"  
Raganui Minamoto rolled 5 10-sided dice: 2, 1, 1, 5, 9 Total: 18 (5-50)
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 12:27 pm
"Of course I want to hear more. It's my first time traveling and all." He chuckles as he speaks and walks.

Void/Investigation - 3k2 - 3
Something the Emperor would like.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 1:45 pm
The Scavenger Hunt

The Teams
Himura Naohiko & Moshi Ruri - 2 items collected, 0 Banked Raises
Himura Kaichiyo & Daigotsu Shoichi - 2 items collected, 1 Banked Raises
Himura Gendo & Suzume Kiyo - 1 items collected, 4 Banked Raises
--------------------
(+0)Ide Urako & Mirumoto Katsunan - 3 items collected
(+2)Utaku Bayarma & Shinjo Hideki - 3 items collected
(+2)Kakita Otsu & Isawa Marihito - 3 items collected
(+1)Kaiu Taniko & Hiruma Shigemasa - 2 items collected
(+0)Ide Seibei & Kuni Sanjiro - 2 items collected
(+2)Tamori Aritomo & Ikoma Tadao - 2 items collected
(+2)Kitsuki Senzo & Mirumoto Otsu - 2 items collected
(+0)Suzume Kayoko & Agasha Mai - 1 items collected
(+0)Kakita Mitsuko & Shiba Noburo - 1 items collected
(+1)Daigotsu Josuke & Daigotsu Arisa - 1 items collected
(+0)Bayushi Kojiro & Bayushi Masuyo - 1 items collected
(+1)Yoritomo Mamoru & Yoritomo Katsue - 1 items collected
(+2)Yoritomo Kiyonobu & Daidoji Takahashi - 1 items collected
(-1)Akodo Masaru & Daigotsu Danjuro - 1 items collected
(+2)Matsu Koji & Akodo Tamafune - 0 items collected
(+1)Toku Seiichi & Ide Chieko - 0 items collected
(+2)Shosuro Hyobe & Shoruso Kazu - 0 items collected
(+2)Shosuro Nene & Shosuro Tamiyo - 0 items collected

--------------------

@ Kaichiyo:

"Hosts? Ah, are you guests of Doji Kioko-hime?" the librarian would say, before bowing deeply. "I understand, this is for that event. I would hasten my search accordingly. One history book, one book of romance, as quickly as I can find them." She would back up, before turning and double-time it through her shelves.

Pretty quickly she would return with one book, offering it to Kaichiyo. "This is a tome of the Crane Clan's greatest achievements throughout history; it is slightly dated, and there's nothing in there since the reign of Toturi began. I hope it will suffice. But if you would allow me the luxury to do so, I highly recommend it, both in terms of satisfying this event, as well as your own insight on my masters, my lady."

--------------------

@ Naohiko:

"Hmmm... Cracking Clan? What a weird name. Are you sure you're not a ronin?" the girl would ask, looking unimpressed. "And nope. I can't make you any dango. Sorry!"

"Sui? What are you doing?" another girl's voice would sound from behind the counter somewhere, out of sight. "Who are you talking to? Is it that ronin man again?"

--------------------

@ Gendo:

Even the dice kami feel you shouldn't shun your Perception attribute.

"Well... if you really do mean it..." Kiyo would say at first, blushing slightly.

And continues her anecdotal farming oration in similar fashion as before, like she hadn't skipped a beat at all.

No progress is made, but a free raise is banked!  
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 2:42 pm
"Kraken clan. It's kind of like a squid....and yes. I'm VERY sure I"m not a ronin. My name is Himura Naohiko." Naohiko said as he tried to see where the second voice was coming from. "Ah....Yui-chan, is it? Is there anyone else here I can talk to? Anyone who can make dango?"  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 8:57 pm
The little princess quirked a curious eye at the librarian, but gave her the benefit of the doubt and held up the scavenger hunt scroll again, showing the seal. "Yes, we are Doji Kioko's guests for the winter court, and yes, it is for the event we seek... well, the history book, in any case."

Fortunately her reiteration wasn't necessary, and soon enough she had the book in hand. "It will do just fine." she responded with a small bow. "Now, seeing as this is a race, I think I'll go on ahead while you finish up here, Shoichi-san. I'll pay you whatever she's asking for when we meet up again, just in case our hosts don't reimburse all of it. Good luck!"

And with that she was off. Or at least trying to leave, if nobody stopped her.  
Raganui Minamoto rolled 5 10-sided dice: 5, 7, 5, 10, 10 Total: 37 (5-50)
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 3:26 pm
He'd just smile and listen to the Sparrow. "So, which food do you enjoy the most?" Deciding he better at least make a bit of effort in the search as well, he'd look for a temple.

Perception/Investigation - 3k2 - 2 Free Raises for lower TN - 12
Target: Temple  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 3:58 pm
The Scavenger Hunt

The Teams
Himura Kaichiyo & Daigotsu Shoichi - 3 items collected, 1 Banked Raises, -8 zeni
Himura Gendo & Suzume Kiyo - 1 items collected, 2 Banked Raises
--------------------

--------------------

@ Naohiko:

The girl makes a disgusted sound. "It's SUI. Not Yui. There's no Yui's here."

The girl turns her head and shouts out, "No, it's a different ronin! He's looking for squid and someone named Yui!"

"Did you tell the man that he's at the wrong booth?"

"I don't think he understands!"

There was a frustrated sigh, before a girl comes to the fore of the booth. She looks mostly identical to the rugrat (hair tied back in a bun, wearing an apron, all adult teeth, etc), except your age. "Hello, sir. I'm afraid we only make dango here, I'm afraid that..."

She looks puzzled for a moment.

"I'm sorry," she would continue, "I haven't seen attire like that before. Are you a ronin from the colonies?"

A person gets behind you in line.

--------------------

@ Kaichiyo:

"Erm..." Shoichi starts to say, trying to stop Kaichiyo. "I'm kind of zeniless at the moment. I was... kind of hoping you could cover the cost? I'll find some way to pay you back." He looks downright sheepish right now.

You're able to get the book for 8 zeni (with the discount), which will be marked up above. You'll be reimbursed in full later, but it limits your current spending budget that much more for this event. But, item get!

You won't be forced to stay, and can go ahead and make your next roll now, unless you take pity on Shoichi and help him get his book.

--------------------

@ Gendo:

Kiyo orates about how the Sparrow have little luxury in the way of variety but she is personally a fan of cabbage, whereas her sister prefers lettuce.

You spend 2 of your free raises, and are able to actually backtrack to a temple you passed earlier, due to a sudden flash of insight. There are several monks tending to the upkeep of the temple, and as of yet, have not addressed you.  
Raganui Minamoto rolled 5 10-sided dice: 10, 4, 5, 7, 5 Total: 31 (5-50)
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 4:15 pm
"I hate to disrupt you again, but we've got us a temple here. Perhaps we can obtain some items on the list here? After all, we require something touched by the Kami and..." He takes out his scroll to look it over. "A token of Benten, something of Crane colors that is not worn, and something of Crane history. Those are what I think we could possibly find here. Shall we inquire with the monks about it?"

He shifts his gaze about the temple, seeing if anything right off hand stands out.

Perception/Investigation - 3k2 (possibly 2k1 for this) - 22 (19)  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 4:42 pm
One with enough perception might have even been able to see the twitch in her eye as the one positive quality of having a doting partner was ripped out from under her feet. Any sympathy she might have gained from hearing his candid confessions was rapidly fleeting, and the thought of engaging in a duel with this man was starting to sound amazingly cathartic. She had to quickly remind herself of the very thing she was about to use to save her dwindling purse.

"Daigotsu Shoichi-san, I should hope I don't need to remind you that we are currently engaged in a race. Might I suggest that you memorize this location and return here when the even has concluded with a fellow clansmate to assist you in personal matters?" she responded, almost sounding like a sensei speaking down to an ignorant youngling. Between that and stern body language it really didn't look like she was going to go along with his request.  
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 7:03 pm
A little exasperated at having to deal with the ten year old pest, the Kraken samurai took a little bit to calm and compose himself. Once that was done, he'd address the young woman. "Please allow me to clear up some misconceptions, Miss....?" Naohiko would wait to receive the woman's name. Once given, he'd tack on the following. "I am Himura Naohiko, of the Kraken Clan, a minor clan that dwells in the colonies. I am here to determine if you can produce blue and white colored dango and if I may procure some. If you were able to produce three such sticks, say....then I would be most happy."  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 8:08 pm
The Scavenger Hunt

The Teams
Himura Kaichiyo & Daigotsu Shoichi - 3 items collected, 1 Banked Raises, -8 zeni
--------------------

--------------------

@ Gendo:

Well, it's a shrine run by the Brotherhood of Shinsei; a Theology roll will be required to determine the sect, if you care. This is an optional roll.

But as such, it's not run by the Crane, so it's not really oozing Crane paraphernalia. As such, not simply as a result of your roll, but truthfully, just nothing you can actually see from the street, with one eye or two.

"-and that's why I think Kayoko's taste stems differently from me in that regard. But despite all that, you are surprised how many non-farmers are unaware of the various differences between lettuce and cabbage. Hm?" She would take the momentary break to look from Gendo, to the temple. "Oh, uh..."

She looks thoughtful for a second. "Well, a shrine would be better for the token to Benten. I'm afraid I'm not really educated in religious matters, Gendo-san..." She would shrug. "It wouldn't hurt to ask, though."

--------------------

@ Kaichiyo:

Shoichi would not say anything for a bit, and if Kaichiyo had a keen eye, she'd notice the librarian extricate herself as subtly as possible.

"... fine," is all he would say, his response undercut by a palpable level of frustration. He would walk out the door, past you if given the opportunity, and wait for you to lead on without saying anything more.

--------------------

@ Naohiko:

"Toshie," she would respond when prompted for her name.

"Oh! I didn't know. I'm sorry, we're not really privy to the going-ons of the samurai caste, especially so far away. Please forgive us. But I can make you the dango, that's no problem at all. I just wish you could have ordered it sooner so I could have ready for you more quickly."

Toshie would bow and retreat back to prepare the item. After a few moments of staring up at you from behind the counter, Sui would aggressively stick her tongue out at you.

Plainsfox rolled 8 10-sided dice: 10, 9, 5, 10, 7, 5, 9, 7 Total: 62 (8-80)
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 11:00 pm
Naohiko would spend his time making a little origami cat and ignoring Sui-chan for now. He merely awaited his dango. Hopefully, he could catch up with Ruri after this.

OOC:
Awareness/Artisan Origami 5k3 w/ 3 additional dice to handle explosions
Results: 43-5
Raises called: 1 for cuteness  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
Paidi tou Selini rolled 5 10-sided dice: 2, 5, 7, 1, 7 Total: 22 (5-50)

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 12:16 am
The intensity of those few moments almost shocked her out of her stance. The realization that she had just channeled her mother alone was pretty horrific, the thought that the Spider might actually call for a duel was rather exciting, and the fact that he would get this upset over such a suggestion was rather discouraging from what she had started to think of him. Thus it was that her sigh was a strangely mixed thing when he finally cut the tension and stormed out. Relief, and no small amount of disappointment. Such a lost cause for what could have been a good man.

Kaichiyo departed behind him, starting to hum a Gaijin tune ("The Itsy Bitsy Spider") from the stress, and proceeded to search for their next item. "Off to the markets! I'm sure we can find a sake or tea set in Crane colors."

[Perception/Investigation (Search) to find a marketplace (or ideally a pottery shop)
Roll 3k2 +2 vs TN20
2, 5, 7 = 14]  
Raganui Minamoto rolled 3 10-sided dice: 5, 1, 6 Total: 12 (3-30)
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 12:53 pm
"A shrine, hmm? That makes sense. Well, let's ask about other stuff then." He chuckled and walked up towards the temple and the first monk who didn't seem overly busy. "Pardon me, but I was wondering if you could assist me in a small task. The Crane have decided to run a Scavenger Hunt for this Winter Court's day. Unfortunately, my partner and I are a bit lacking on knowledge of the Crane and were wondering if we could ask you or another here about where we could either obtain some items or at least some knowledge to assist us."

Awareness/Sincerity - Unskilled 3k3 - 12... before any bonus by adorable Sparrow.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 6:21 am
The Scavenger Hunt

The Teams
Himura Naohiko & Moshi Ruri - 3 items collected, 0 Banked Raises
Himura Kaichiyo & Daigotsu Shoichi - 3 items collected, 2 Banked Raises, -8 zeni
--------------------
(+1)Kaiu Taniko & Hiruma Shigemasa - 3 items collected
(+2)Tamori Aritomo & Ikoma Tadao - 3 items collected

--------------------

@ Naohiko:

Before long, Toshie would return with the dango you requested, and the price would be two zeni for three. You finish with the origami cat around this time.

Marking your item get! now.

--------------------

@ Kaichiyo:

You begin your quest for the marketplace, because even in winter, people need stuff! You're sure you know where it is, but you're a bit farther away than you expected to be. Shoichi follows... not dutifully, but he follows.

Free raise banked!

--------------------

@ Gendo:

The nearest monk to you approaches you and bows respectfully. "Good morning. I-

PAF!

Suddenly, you are hit in the side of the face with a snowball - which came right from your blind spot.  
[L5R 4e] Unity

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games