Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Arc 2 - Heart of a Monster (Completed) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 80 81 82 83 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AlphabetFish

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:14 pm
User Image

Twyla

"Oh no you don't, evildoer!" shouted Twyla, and she stabbed at the ensnarer as he turned to run.

((Opportunity against E1: 23 vs. AC. 10 damage on a hit. No one in my range can benefit from Bolstering Speech.))  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:19 pm
Twyla pokes the bandit in the butt as he runs away. It will probably leave a scar.

Mongooseh
Your up

Kowsauni
Crew

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:31 am
"NO YOU DON'T INDEED! COME BACK COWARD I'VE A PROMISE TO KEEP!" Roared Valac as he watched the boss turn tail and flee and like a well trained blood hound gave chase.

(Double run 16 squares in the direction the boss ran.)  
PupSage rolled 2 20-sided dice: 12, 11 Total: 23 (2-40)
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:18 pm
21 vs R2 for 9 dmg
21 vs Shayne for 11 dmg Hunters Quarry to Shayne.

With the bandits scattering, that left the sorcerer. Kuori moves to L23 and fires one arrow at R2 and another at Shayne.

"Run off like the others."  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:47 pm
Road Blocked
User Image

Map Details: The brown dots are tree trunks and they are blocking terrain but are not hard corners. The dark green patches represent thick patches of underbrush and are difficult terrain and provide partial cover where they take up an entire square. The roadblock is 4 feet tall and provides cover to those adjacent to it. It also is covered in wooden spikes. The walls are 10 feet tall and blocking terrain.

Into the Forest
User Image

Map Details: The brown dots are tree trunks and they are blocking terrain but are not hard corners. The dark green patches represent thick patches of underbrush and are difficult terrain and provide partial cover where they take up an entire square.

Initiative order
Bandit Raiders
Bandit Ensnarer:
Bandit Archers:A1, Dead; A2, ???
Valac: HP 45/57 Regen 2
Shayne: HP 13/41 bloodied
Kuori: HP 17/43 bloodied 5THP
Bandit Boss: heal nearest ally by 5 when attacks bloodied -1 attack
Abby:
Revenge: HP 28/53 5THP
Twyla: HP 19/42 bloodied

Valac runs into the forest and pushes through the bushes. He catches up to the boss, at least momentarily. He seems surprised that the barbarian followed him. Through the bushes, Valac would also see the slumped form of the second archer lying on the ground. He is not moving, but it is impossible to tell if he is alive or dead from where Valac is standing.

((Remember Shayne's turn still comes before kuori's.)) Shayne moves over to a chest in the pile of goods and picks it up... then gets shot in the back by Kuori. He lets out an anguished cry and turns around rapidly. He looks quite hurt and angry. "What the hell was that for? Why do I have to run? Are you trying to rob me too?"

Kuori's other arrow sails through the air but embeds itself in makeshift wall rather then the fleeing raider.

Back in the forest, the bandit boss sprints away from Valac. The hindering undergrowth seems to move out of the boss' way with each step, causing him to move through the difficult terrain as if it isn't even there. He disappears from sight behind some trees, though Valac can still hear the boss running ahead of him.

Abby shouts at Valac as he runs past. "Valac, wait! We don't have time for this! The fight's over! We need to get down the road!" She then looks on in surprise as Kuori shoots the wizard. "Kuori? What are you doing? He's obviously not one of them. Why did you shoot him?"

Rain Yupa
You're up.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:32 am
28/53, 5 temp HP, Kuori Challenged

MOVE ACTION

Revenge's eyes narrow, and moves up beside his companion, grip tightening on his weapon.

Quote:
Revenge moves to M23

MINOR ACTION

"Kuori. Drop your bow, immediately," Revenge would say flatly. "The answer to every situation is not simply to 'put an arrow in it'. People are dead today because you were too quick to your quiver. You put the people I'm here to protect in danger because of your violent urges. That spellcaster has been trying to escape since we showed up; he could have easily magic missiled us from the start. If he was a decoy, the bandits would have simply left the cage unlocked."

Quote:
Revenge uses his Divine Challenge on Kuori.

STANDARD ACTION

"Now, if you do not drop your bow, I will consider you a foe. I will not have you endanger to Abby like how you did with Ying. Don't make me attack you."

Quote:
Revenge readies an action to use Enfeebling Strike against Kuori if she does anything besides drop her bow at the start of her turn and does not pick it back up.

FREE ACTION

Not knowing what was in the chest, however, that did not stop Shayne's actions from being suspicious. "You there. Leave that chest alone and back away from it." He could be trying to capitalize on the situation and do a little robbery of his own, so the tiefling preferred him not to loot unless he could confirm the items had belonged to him.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

AlphabetFish

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:30 pm
User Image

Twyla

Twyla stared at Revenge and Kuori. Things had gotten suddenly tense. She leaned down and wiped her sword off on the grass, avoiding looking at them. They obviously had a history she didn't know about, and Twyla knew better than to try to interfere. She tried not to think about whose side she'd be on if something erupted--but she kept her newly de-blooded sword in her hand.

"I guess..." Her voice was hesitant. "I guess I'll make sure Petra's okay."

She slipped away past the horse, who'd been remarkably calm the whole time there was fighting and screaming going on, and clambered up into the driver's seat, always a tricky task for someone so small in a world of bigger people... But dealing with objects and tools that weren't made with her size in mind was but a small price to pay for getting to live and work in a much more interesting world. If her parents could see her now, they'd probably be yelling for her to get down off of "big people things" before she got hurt. They'd have a heart attack apiece if they could have seen her today, running headlong into battle. Well, what they didn't know wouldn't hurt 'em, and Twyla wouldn't tell them the next time she saw them, either.

She leaned over the back of the seat and pushed aside the canvas flap separating the cab from the cabin. "Petra?" she whispered. "Are you all right in there? We fought them off!"

((Double move to get up into the driver's seat, then a minor to open the partition and check on Petra.))  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:48 am
Road Blocked
User Image

Map Details: The brown dots are tree trunks and they are blocking terrain but are not hard corners. The dark green patches represent thick patches of underbrush and are difficult terrain and provide partial cover where they take up an entire square. The roadblock is 4 feet tall and provides cover to those adjacent to it. It also is covered in wooden spikes. The walls are 10 feet tall and blocking terrain.

Into the Forest
User Image

Map Details: The brown dots are tree trunks and they are blocking terrain but are not hard corners. The dark green patches represent thick patches of underbrush and are difficult terrain and provide partial cover where they take up an entire square.

Initiative order
Bandit Raiders
Bandit Ensnarer:
Bandit Archers:A1, Dead; A2, ???
Valac: HP 45/57 Regen 2
Shayne: HP 13/41 bloodied
Kuori: HP 17/43 bloodied 5THP
Bandit Boss: heal nearest ally by 5 when attacks bloodied -1 attack
Abby:
Revenge: HP 28/53 5THP
Twyla: HP 19/42 bloodied

It takes a moment for Twyla's eyes to adjust to the darkness inside the wagon but she does indeed see the cloaked form of Petra sitting on the wagon floor. Her knees are drawn up to her chest and her arms wrapped around them. Her head is in her lap and she seems to be concentrating on ignoring the battle outside. At the sound of Twyla's voice she perks up and lifts her head out of her lap. She turns her head slightly but does no make direct eye contact with the gnome. "Really. I-its safe to come out now? Where's Abby? Is she ok?"

The last bandit raider continues to run down the road until he takes a sudden turn into the forest and disappears from sight. The highwayman have effectively been driven off.

Mongooseh
You're up!

Kowsauni
Crew

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:13 am
Seeing the last of his prey getting away from him due to magical shoes or something Valac howled in fury and smote the nearest tree with great anger.

(Standard action Howling strike (if im allowed to treat a tree as a creature) if not just a basic melee attack 22/24 Damage)

The other dead archers corpses caught his eye and he begun moving towards it curious as to how one such as Abby took down the man.

(Move action as much as I can towards the dude.)  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:52 am
"Balls..." Shayne cursed, The hot pain of the arrow renewed with each breath. Slowly, he stood and truned to face the would-be assassin. "Bounty hunters, I take it? Then again you wouldn't tell prey to run, less you like shooting the back. Doll. If you indeed wish to kill me, let me get my staff and gear, and we can fight as Wolfie did at Heaven's gate Pass."

The wizard was both afraid to die, but eger to be rid of this bounty... He just didn't want to go down as a commoner  

Noname 51

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:51 am
Kuori's bow never left it's target. "When the battle started, you attacked the other Tiefling. That's what the first shot was for. But, if there is a bounty on your head I would love to hear about your crimes. If I don't like what I hear the next shot goes in your groin."

Readying an action to attack if Shayne goes for his gear before answering.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:50 am
28/53, 5 temp HP, Kuori Challenged

"I'm not a wizard, so I don't know what spells he was casting. The only obvious effect I saw was him trying to blow up the lock to the cage and then try to get away. If I were in his shoes, I'd try to do the same thing." Turning his gaze to Shayne, he would call out to him.

"Hey, did you blast the other tiefling we're with when my back was turned? He did seem pretty angry with you about something."  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:18 am
Valac continued wading through the thick undergrowth towards the downed archer each step he shrunk a little the diabolic growth wearing off.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:07 pm
Crimes, I am a criminal... not a commoner

Shayne smiled "I am Shayne Granville, and I AM wanted for arson, Bank Robbery AND being the sexiest male person on a very short list of people who have a bounty from Kycoin." He gave a slight bow, as much one could with an ARROW IN HIS BACK. "If you aren't from Kycoin; those who are found guilty of a crime, any crime, may pay a fine or be put to death."

The wizard started to approach Kuori, "To hear that story; you are going to have to pay for a round, Doll." Coming to a stop five squares away.

Turning his gaze to the Revenge, he gave a slight shrug. "I believe you were still on your wagon, but it is true. After freeing my hands, my first spell was a sleep spell. It was in an attempt to hit Scarface's friends, the one who yelled, um... "split ya balls to brain?" and Shortstack" motioning to Twyla, "was an unknown if friend or foe... and at the time an was acceptable casualty."  

Noname 51

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:55 pm
Kuori pulled her bowstring back a little further, "Revenge? He is a wanted criminal. He seems proud of it. Still think that I am the villain here?"

-----------------------

I don't want to kill him if he is playing ... but this is supposed to be a no evil campaign and arson is pretty high on the list of evil s**t.

[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 80 81 82 83 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games