Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 4e] Desert Winds
Desert Wind Chapter #1: Playing Samurai and Indians Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:45 pm
"Your nun ran through here the other day, not stopping for anything. I thought I might check with you before running all the way home." The merchant held his chin in his hand as he pondered Aneksi's report. "I'll see who we have that is knowledgeable in those areas and then send them out there. Is that all?"  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:15 pm
"Nun?" He blinks, looking at the merchant. "I have a few things for you, when the official reports are over, Ide-san. I hope that you will find them rather enjoyable."  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:34 am
"My what?" she blinked, glad she wasn't the only one confused by that. But ultimately shrugged regardless of the answer and nodded. "Aye Sah. I leave it to you to decide how to proceed. If you can spare another pair of workhands we'll head back out to resume scouting."  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:32 am
"He means Togashi Seijun. The, ah, traveling partner that was with us briefly with her peculiar wardrobe customs," Jinyu-Zhe would say to Aneksi and Misaki.

To Ide Goro, Jinyu-Zhe would then speak. "I left a notice for the caravan when they had caught up to where we were first attacked, so any eta could attend to the slain drovesmen. Lacking eta of our own, we couldn't give them a proper pyre. Knowing that something is causing the dead to rise, I think it would even be a higher priority now. As awful as it is, I hope that it's the actions of individuals and not merely the ambiance of this land. Either way, though, I'd like to see our fallen heimin taken care of before a similar fate happens to them."

Turning to Aneksi, Jinyu-Zhe would then ask, "Should we be requesting an ashigaru or two as well, do you think? If we were ambushed by bandits once, it may happen again." He would pause. "If they can be spared, of course. I think a sentry or two would be ideal, just to alert us of the threats so we can take care of them ourselves."  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:23 am
"Ah, right. I had forgotten, due to everything that has happened."  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:57 pm
The caravan master sighed. "Get rest. Prepare yourselves then. We'll hold here for a while so you can hunt down this threat." Ide Goro groused more. "Be ware we cannot tarry too long here. I will remind you is that your ultimate honor is to see that this caravan make it to the destination safely. I'm going to see if I can find volunteers to help you with this situation."

With that, Ide Goro goes off. What are you all doing now?  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:55 pm
Jinyu-Zhe would bow his head to Goro before he left. He would then turn to the others.

"I will see to it that Chishiyo, Kigai, and Chiyuuai are tended to. We've been pushing them a lot as of late, and I think they deserve some hard-earned pampering," the priest would say to Aneksi and Asura. "I will leave any tactical planning for tomorrow to you, and with our Mantis friends."

Unless otherwise stopped, he would go off to do as he said. He'd be able to meet up with Aneksi later.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:48 am
No rest for the wicked...

Asura nodded in response to Jinyu-Zhe handing the reigns to Kigai over.

Quietly having to mull over plans for approaching those that attacked irked him that the commander allowed the prisoners to die.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:49 pm
He mutters to himself, then stands and dusts himself off. "So, bandits and living dead and who knows what else. If anyone has idea on how to better prepare for such things, I'm all ears. Otherwise I'm going to check on the supplies and go from there."  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:08 pm
"Oh, her. I was wondering what had happened. Chalked it up to the mysterious ways of Dragon monks." she responded with a shrug. Though she could not help but quirk a curious brow at the caravan master's conclusion. "I would advise you heed your reservations. Bandits we can handle, but we are ill equipped to face gaijin magic. I recommend we maintain a scouting perimeter around the caravan to warn of any oncoming threats and pass through this area as fast as possible. We can then report the danger and requisition a proper contingent of witch hunters to investigate."

Whatever the decision, with the rest of the day to relax she would shake her head to relinquishing her mount and follow her husband to tend to her companion herself. While he was the expert, getting some proper bonding time with Chishiyo was important.  

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:22 pm
Ide Goro would send out a patrol with eta to the location you would describe. He would also then call for his best warriors and people well versed in Shadow Lands lore to his tent. If you stick around, you will hear much heated language and debate. Eventually, the meeting will end and people will walk out of the caravan master's tent.

Misaki! Roll intelligence/ Commerce to determine how well the supplies are handling.

Asura, Aneksi, Juneko, Jinyu-Zhe! What are you doing?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:45 pm
Seeing no suggestion, Misaki would head off to the wagons and begin tallying up supplies and start making estimates on how long they'd last.

Intelligence/Commerce - 15  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:12 pm
Asura being the dutiful soul he is tottered into Ide Goro's tent the exhaustion getting to him as he wondered just for a moment if he had stepped into a cave.  
Rain Yupa rolled 4 10-sided dice: 8, 8, 6, 5 Total: 27 (4-40)
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:08 pm
As stated, Jinyu-Zhe would tend to the horses in the stables, as he was a man of his word. Making sure they got fed nutritious oats rather than the blander variety that was brought for this potentially lengthy expeditions. They'd get a good brushing too, and he'd check on the states of their hooves.

If the kami were up for it, he would summon forth some air kami to play in the stables. As a shugenja, he found that horses tended to be more relaxed with an abundance of air kami about; the zephyrs they created made them reflect fondly of running in the fields unrestricted.

Quote:
Summon air kami: 3k2 vs TN 10 = 16

"Are you sure you don't want to be part of Goro-san's meeting? I'm sure he'd appreciate your input, my darling," Jinyu-Zhe would ask Aneksi. "I know he won't fault you for being here unless he's a traitor to his own blood. I just worry that you might miss gleaning something useful from his military advisors that might aid our mission, is all. Your other half will be here when the meeting adjourns." He would look to her steed. "I'm sure Chishiyo would understand, even if she wouldn't be happy about it."  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:23 pm
"Hmph. Loathe as I am to admit it, you may be right." she sighed, giving Chishiyo a good petting and her husband a good hug. "He's gotten all the input I can provide, but for the sake of the team I should at least be there to find out what he ultimately decides to do about all this."

Once the meeting was over, trusting that Jinyu had taken care of the horses, her first order of business was to set up her own tent within the encampment. Once done, barring any orders for her to go out and scout personally, she would do as told and relax for the evening, readying for any action to come tomorrow.  
[L5R 4e] Desert Winds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff