Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
The Song of the Siren (Accepting :: OPEN) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 179 180 181 182 183 184 ... 289 290 291 292 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

EG Water

Seeker

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:53 pm
Mac looked embarrassed now, "Well, I don't like the taste and the last time I tried it, I gagged...Plus everyone has to have something they don't eat" he explained. He stood up and walked to a window and looked out, "What a nice view" he said.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:09 pm
((OOC: I'm having a lot of fun with the names in this family. 8D))

Rhiannon's quiet gaze was on Joshua when he blushed and looked down. She smiled very serenely. "Yes, that makes sense," she murmured. She listened to Allen's question and looked slightly apologetic. "I don't, exactly. I'm sure I could find them if I looked, much the way Tianara did for me. But I don't know any off the top of my head. Now," she paused, "if you'll excuse me for a moment, I'd just like to phone Michael's mother and...and make arrangements. She doesn't like it if we don't let her know things in advance." She rose, looked down at the infant one more time, and then handed her off carefully to Tianara. "Hold on to Miranda for a moment, please," she said quietly, and then went out into the hallway again.

Tianara took the child quite naturally, not seeming at all surprised that the woman - who seemed to be a fairly devoted mother - would hand off her baby to a young girl without even a backward glance. There was trust between these two already, it seemed. Their shared background gave them a place to start. "She'll help us," Tianara stated calmly. "She and probably her husband, too. I think Rhiannon would already have told him. And from there, they might know others."

She smiled. "I think we have a wider network than we knew."  

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:04 pm
User Image

((Naming characters is always fun. 3nodding ))

Joshua nodded in agreement. "So it seems." He murmured.

Allen chuckled, looking amused. "It's the 'friend of a friend' theory. We may not know who, but if Rhiannon knows one or two people to consider, then they each know one or two people, and so on and so on. It becomes a net cast wider than we could ever hope to on our own." He spread his arms as he spoke. "Even if everybody only knows one new person to consider, that's still an advantage."

Aria chuckled, listening to Mac. "It's alright. I understand." She gestured with one hand to the pot on the stove. "Since you're standing, want to give the pot a stir please? And it is a nice view. I've always loved the ocean. Well, any water really. It's been almost an obsession for me. And now we know why." The girl seemed to have gotten over the shock now. She had accepted that the mermaid Listaria was her ancestor.

User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:51 am
Mac came over to help her with the food, "Alright" he said. He happily began stirring. "What do you want to do after this?" he asked Aria. They knew they couldn't sit around all day, but it was nice to relax.  

EG Water

Seeker

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:14 pm
User Image

Aria finished shelling the peas, picked up the bowl they were in, and moved to the stove. "I'll take over." She told him, gently taking the spoon from Mac. "We should probably catch up with the others, see what all they've discovered." She didn't doubt that the group would have something new for them when they returned. Aria tipped the peas into the pot, letting them begin to cook while she grabbed some meat from the fridge. Pulling out a cutting board, the girl began cutting it up.

User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:13 pm
Mac let her take over again. Mac finally noticed at the moment, that they both had shell pendants, although both different. His was a small gold shaded nautilus shell on a short chain that he wore all his life, while hers was much more dazzling to view. He resumed his view out of the window, and was actually quite happy, that he began to hum.  

EG Water

Seeker

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:19 pm
User Image

Aria finished cutting up the meat, placing the rest back in the fridge. She dumped the meat into the pot and let it simmer under a lid. "Pretty." She murmured when Mac began humming. "What song?" The girl began fiddling with her scallop shell pendant unconsciously. It was just something to keep her hands busy.

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:04 pm
Mac looked at her and smiled, "Soon You'll Come Home" he said. "I have many songs I sing, and I feel that peaceful melodies keeps negative energy away" he said to her smiling, "these days anything is possible".  

EG Water

Seeker

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:09 pm
User Image

Aria smiled gently. "It's a pretty song." She turned her attention back to the stove, checking on the pot of noodles. Nodding to herself, she decided that it was done. The girl opened a cupboard and pulled out two bowls. She dished up the soup and set the bowls on the table. "It's ready." She told Mac.

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:46 pm
((OOC: I'm fiddling around with it, though, because it's entertaining. You noticed the M and R theme, right? *Psst, say yes even if you didn't, it'll make me happy. razz *))

Before Tianara could reply to either of them, Rhiannon came back in, looking a little flustered - the first signs of anything other than quiet serenity on her face. Taking the baby back from Tianara, she rocked the child a bit as she considered. "Michael knows people," she said quietly. "More people than I do. Between us, we have a fairly wide clan-- I mean, social group. We can find those who would stand with you - us, and those who would abstain."

The infant stirred a little in her arms, and she smiled gently down at it, that serene look returning to her eyes. With a soft sigh, she glanced up at her three visitors and inquired, "Do you want me to look for others - others of our kin, Tianara?" She asked this with her attention mostly on the young brunette - clearly she had picked out the girl as the spokesman of her visitors.

And Tianara responded to it all easily enough. "I think we have that part handled," she said quietly. "But if you could find more folk to help, or to abstain altogether...As many as you can find, that would be wonderful." She glanced at Joshua and Allen, as though seeking confirmation or refutation of her words.  

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:55 pm
User Image

Joshua and Allen both nodded in agreement to Tianara's words. Joshua was more than happy to let the girl be their spokesman. He wasn't always the best at dealing with people. "We seem to have that part covered. What we need most right now, are just everyday ordinary people. People who will either help us or abstain. Both options will helps in some way." His voice was quiet yet serious. It was obvious Joshua didn't like the idea of what they had to do, but he was still willing.

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:11 pm
Rhiannon smiled sadly. "Well, in that case," she replied, "I suppose I had best get started looking for those who will stand with you." Her tired gaze went to the baby, who was beginning to wriggle. Tianara rose, with a quick glance at the men that suggested they ought to do the same.

"Thank you, Rhiannon," she said quietly. "I hope we can see you again, once all this is over." The woman's smile was gentle and sweet, as she nodded. Tianara knew that this meant that she hoped the same. Rhiannon rose, as though to see them to the door, but smiled faintly and settled again when Tianara waved her back down.

As the girl walked out of the apartment, the children's voices came from the room on the right, fairly bursting with energy. She glanced back at Joshua and Allen. In a voice just loud enough for them to hear, but not enough for Rhiannon to catch, she murmured, "I think we pretty well just ruined her day."  

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:20 pm
User Image

Joshua hastily stood when Tianara did. "Thank you. For all your help. You can always find Allen or I if you need us. And it looks like Tianara will be staying with me." He said with a grateful smile as he left. The teen wasn't sure where Tianara was going to stay really, but the cove was always open to her. He glanced over to the room where the children's voices were coming from and sighed. "I hate that we're doing this to such nice people. They shouldn't have to worry about war and especially not about their children."

Allen rose and followed Tianara out. Listening to the other two, he clapped a hand on their shoulders. "No one likes to be the bearer of bad news." He told them wisely. "Though it may not seem it right now, she will thank us one day. Because now she has enough warning to remove those she cares about from harms way." He spoke with the experiance that came from many, many years of life.

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:20 pm
"The same ones who wouldn't be in harm's way if it wasn't for us telling her," pointed out Tianara, although her words lacked any real heat. She knew that he was right. Tiredly, she shook her head. "It's for their sake as well as ours and the merfolk," she said, although very quietly. "They could die in the storm to come, just as much as any of the rest of us. They have to know. They deserve to know. Rhiannon's just the beginning...there are more. Many more. Some we can reach, some will be told by their clans. But they all have to know."

With a sudden frown, she glanced at Joshua. "Am I staying with you?" she asked, looking surprised. "I thought I was still staying in the water. With Sorry and Nezik." After a second of thought, she dismissed the question with a shake of her head. "Never mind. It's not important right now."

She pressed the elevator button, looking weary and yet somehow very young. "Well. One down. Shall we go on to the next, or go back and see if the others have returned?" she asked.  

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:35 pm
User Image

Joshua shrugged carelessly. "Are you staying with me? I don't know. I wasn't sure what the plan for you was. And the cove is always open should you choose to stay there. Either way though, I'll be at the cove and I'll probably know where to find you. So anyone looking for you will find me, and I can direct them to you. As you said though, not really important now." He explained, following Tianara into the elevator when it arrived.

Allen followed behind calmly, not disagreeing with Tianara. "Why don't we take a quick peek down at the cove for the others? If they're not there, then let's move on to the next." He suggested sensibly. It wasn't a very far walk down to the cove so it wouldn't take long to simply check in.

User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 179 180 181 182 183 184 ... 289 290 291 292 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games