Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
The Song of the Siren (Accepting :: OPEN) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 186 187 188 189 190 191 ... 289 290 291 292 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:25 pm
Kiro chuckled. "Don't worry, I won't let her hurt you," he reassured Joshua. His smile only widened when Tianara turned a narrow gaze on him. "Relax, dear. I'm not as badly off as I let the doctors think." He turned his attention back to Joshua and the others. "But since Tia will probably get angry if we continue on that tack, I'll move on. Why were you coming in the first place?" He glanced from Aria to Allen to Mac and back to Joshua. "I know a few of you. The town oddballs," he said with a sleepy smile. "Of course, they're immensely proud of all of you."

Tianara whacked him lightly on the arm, which only made him laugh. "Anyway," he continued mildly, "you were looking for me. Not me specifically, but my magical signature. Mine and those of the others. Why?"

Despite Tianara's uncomfortable look, she didn't seem to plan on expressly forbidding anyone to tell him. Neither, however, did she seem to want to tell him herself.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:42 pm
User Image
Shadow Hunter, Silent Hunter
The forest is yours alone
Night Hunter, Quiet Hunter
None disturb your hunt

Joshua nodded sheepishly at the 'town oddballs' comment. He looked surprised though, at the thought that the townsfolk could have been proud. It hadn't really crossed his mind as he was often busy with this or that.

He glanced at Tianara, then to the others. No one seemed willing to tell Kiro. Sighing, he figured that it seemed to have fallen to himself this time. "Um....I suppose the you could say we were looking for assistance. There's been word of a war brewing on the horizon. A war of humans and merfolk." He made a face at the thought. "Much as I'd like to avoid fighting, we still have to prepare for worst case scenario. It things turn out well, we're simply paranoid. If things don't turn out so well, we're prepared." Sighing, he paused for a moment, organizing his thoughts. "What we're doing is searching out the humans who are willing to help us in this war. Or at least willing to stay neutral. We figured that the ocean children would be the best place to start, then branch out from there. The ocean children themselves we're hoping for plus they might know who else we should talk to."

User Image
Beneath the Blood moon
The forest you watch
Beneath the Blood sky
The forest you hunt

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:13 pm
Kiro's face grew quiet and sombre. "I thought that might be it," he said quietly. "I'd been hearing rumors. They were...unsettling, to say the least of it. What happened to me..." He hesitated, shrugged. "It wasn't overtly because of the tension that's growing, but I think it's fair to say that it wouldn't have happened if that tension wasn't there."

Tianara turned confused eyes to him. "Are you saying that they know? About you and Rhi...the others?"

Kiro smiled painfully. "If you mean do they know the story, the history, and precisely what we are, no. But they have ears, dear one, and eyes, just like we do. They can see that you and I - and the others - are different." He shook his head a little, but winced almost immediately. "Ah. Ow. Don't let me do that again." A brief smile crossed his face. "I'm afraid I don't have a particularly large social network, but you might try Miriam and Kallie, down at the marine life centre - they know or guess a lot more than they talk about. There's always Syb - Sybil - of course." His eyes softened when he spoke of her. "My fiancĂ©e. I'm sure that given time, I can think of others."  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:12 pm
((I should make a bad guy (woman) and name her Nira. What do you think? She could be an antagonist. She could be the source (or one of them) of the monsters))

Mac listened and he perked up when he heard a familiar name, "Hey, I know Kallie" he said, "Though, we're more of acquaintances than friends".

EG Water

Seeker

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:20 pm
((OOC: Send me a profile, I'll see what I can do. razz ))  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:55 am
User Image
None disturb your hunt

Joshua smiled and shrugged. "We don't need each person to know many. If every person can tell us one or two other people, you'd be surprised how far that expands our net." He crossed his arms and explained. "Think of it this way: Say there are five ocean children here in the city. If each one gives us two names, then that's ten more people. Who then can each give two names. That's another twenty. Then forty. And so on, and so on." And so far, Kiro had given them three names. That was plenty to start with. Sure, more was better but something was better than nothing. "We now have a place to start once we're done with the ocean children."

User Image
Beneath the Blood moon
The forest you watch
Beneath the Blood sky
The forest you hunt

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:08 am
Kiro sighed and closed his eyes again. "Tia," he mumbled, as whatever painkillers the doctors had given him began to kick in, "tell Syb. Tell her not to worry. Tell her what you've told me. It'll be okay." He was silent for a long moment, then nodded once. "Okay."

Tianara smiled a little at him, lifted his hand and brushed her lips across the knuckles lightly. When she put it down again, she turned her eyes to Joshua and the others. "There are two more in this town," she said clearly. "Just two. We have to find them, Joshua. Things are getting started, and we can't be left behind."

She rose. There was a brief glance back towards her brother, a look of regret, but it shifted to calm patience. She knew that she was doing what she had to.

Turning her gaze to the others, she repeated, "Things are getting started. We'd better get moving."  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:14 am
User Image
None disturb your hunt

Joshua glanced at Kiro as the painkillers kicked in. His amber gaze shifted to Tianara and he nodded once. "Let's go then. We need to tell as many people as we can before this storm really breaks." He turned and walked out the door, followed by Allen and Aria. "The more the better." He murmured to himself as he lead the way out of the hospital. "Where to Tianara?" Joshua asked, glancing at her.

User Image
Beneath the Blood moon
The forest you watch
Beneath the Blood sky
The forest you hunt

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:22 am
Tianara had to focus harder to find the next one. Her mind kept jumping back to the brother she was leaving in the hospital. But he'd be fine now. He'd told her what he had to tell her, and they had others to warn. Because, yes, the attack on Kiro might have been the beginning. It was a warning now, as much as a request for help.

After a few minutes, the usual light in her eyes faded out, and she was back in the trancelike state that was becoming common to her. "This way," she murmured, her voice growing cool and blank. She went down the stairs without another look. But then, why would she look back? It wasn't her anymore.

She led them out of the hospital and started on her way, never looking to see if they followed.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:27 am
User Image
None disturb your hunt

Joshua waited patiently as Tianara tried to focus. It seemed to take longer this time, but he finally saw her eyes take on the blank look he'd come to recognize. He said nothing, not wanting to distract the girl. Rather, he and the others followed just behind her. As they left the hospital, Joshua glanced backwards though he couldn't see Kiro. 'I guess it's begun. Whether we wanted to, the rain has started. It's only a matter of time before the storm really and truly breaks.'

User Image
Beneath the Blood moon
The forest you watch
Beneath the Blood sky
The forest you hunt

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:50 pm
Tianara wound and wove her aimless, rambling way through the town. This time, her silent passage drew many curious looks - apparently people had seen her walking through before, and perhaps were wondering what was going on with this strange girl. Secure inside her own mind at the time, Tianara didn't even appear to notice. Once they were on the outskirts of town, however, she kept going.

It seemed something in their plans had changed, because Tianara had gone straight through town without so much as a hesitation. But the curiously blank look persisted, and it didn't seem as though anything was different this time.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:45 am
User Image
None disturb your hunt

Joshua frowned as he followed Tianara through town and beyond. 'I thought she said they were in town?' His thoughts were unsure and confused. 'Where's she going?' Still he kept quiet though. He trusted Tianara and decided she would explain it later. Maybe she wouldn't even need to. Somethings explained themselves after a time and maybe this was one of them. Anyways, Joshua shrugged and continued to follow, trying to puzzle out what was going on.

User Image
Beneath the Blood moon
The forest you watch
Beneath the Blood sky
The forest you hunt

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:20 am
Abruptly, Tianara halted in the middle of the trail that led out to the woods. Turning sharply, she went off through the forest. Although there was no trail, she walked as if there was one. Maybe, in her mind's eye, there was. She moved with total confidence across sharp stones and exposed roots alike, never stumbling. At last, she broke out into a small clearing, where a woman waited.

A tumble of heavy red hair fell around her face, and cool grey eyes examined Tianara and the rest of the group. "I heard you calling," she said softly, that same musical accent they had heard so often making itself obvious immediately. "And I came. You can wake up now."

Tianara shook her head slightly, and when she looked up at the woman sitting on the upturned, flat-topped rock, her eyes were clear. "Do you already know, then?"

"I've already sent them away," said the woman clearly. "My two youngest. The older three want to stay. I don't know what you want of us yet, but my three eldest children want to help us." She smiled, gestured. "Why doesn't one of you tell me why we're out here, instead of at the campsite with the rest of my family?"  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:35 pm
User Image
None disturb your hunt

Joshua shook his head as they headed into the forest. Without a trail, he found himself stumbling every now and then. Once, he fell but quickly scrambled to his feet, waving off Aria's concern.

He was surprised to see the woman already waiting for them in the clearing. His eyes widened as she spoke. This woman had sent her children away already, yet she didn't know what Joshua and the others wanted? It seemed kind of odd to him. He sighed and glanced at Tianara, wondering if she would make him be "spokesman" again.

User Image
Beneath the Blood moon
The forest you watch
Beneath the Blood sky
The forest you hunt

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

EG Water

Seeker

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:17 pm
Mac followed the group with Gale on his shoulder. When they found the next person, Mac was amazed at how quick they were. Wow, Tianara sure is working fast he thought to himself. A rustling came from a distance, and Mac turned to see. Nothing was there. Then Gale flew away from him and up into the sky.  
"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 186 187 188 189 190 191 ... 289 290 291 292 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games