Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
The Song of the Siren (Accepting :: OPEN) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 187 188 189 190 191 192 ... 289 290 291 292 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:55 pm
The woman leaned back slightly, correctly interpreting the look on Joshua's face. "I didn't send them away specifically because of you," she told him gently. "There are tensions rising in town. I had a feeling things were going to get...ugly. I wanted them out of all that." She tilted her head, shrugged a little. "Can you forgive a mother's weakness?"

Tianara's eyes were understanding. "They're too precious to keep in danger," she replied with a slight nod. "We understand." She didn't hesitate, but simply plunged right in. "There is to be a war. The merfolk need our help. Will you help us?"

The woman chuckled wryly. She didn't seem fazed. "Yes, of course. You must know I would." She extended a hand. Tianara realized that she had taken the woman for about thirty, but she had to be older - if she had five children and thought three were old enough to help their cause, even now that she knew it was to be war. "Mieka," she said. It was an introduction. "The children, once they get here, are Alysse, Lance and Cheryl."

"Tianara," replied the girl, smiling a bit. "You and the older ones?"

"Yes," Mieka said easily. "If they wish to, once they know what it's all about."

"How old are they?" asked Tianara, knowing that it was probably more polite than asking how old Mieka was.

"Eighteen, sixteen and fifteen, respectively," replied Mieka. She smiled, knowing what the girl was really after. "I'm thirty-seven." Turning her attention to the rest of the group, she asked, "And all of you?"  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:18 am
User Image
Shadow Hunter, Silent Hunter
The forest is yours alone
Night Hunter, Quiet Hunter
None disturb your hunt

Joshua nodded in understanding. It seemed like all of the ocean children could feel this war coming. He looked surprised to hear that her children were that old when Mieka was only thirty-seven. She must have had her first one when she was young.

"Joshua." He said with an easy grin when she turned her attention on the rest of them. Allen and Aria also introduced themselves in much the same way. Well, they now had one more person sure to help them. And one person could make all the difference in the world. As he thought about them fighting as a family, a thought crossed his mind - Would his own family help? He was slightly hesitant about it, but it was something to keep in mind once they were done with the ocean children.

User Image
Beneath the Blood moon
The forest you watch
Beneath the Blood sky
The forest you hunt

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:19 am
Mieka smiled a little. "Well, then, that's fine. Hello, Joshua, Aria, Allen," she greeted, each in turn. She didn't seem at all surprised to be discussing war out here in the middle of the forest. "You have someone warning the folk at home, don't you?" she asked Tianara.

Tianara knew she meant the merfolk, and nodded. "We have four of them out warning the others, and asking about their children," she replied calmly. "We're going to meet up with them when we're done here."

Mieka shook her head faintly. "Don't know why I bothered to ask. You wouldn't have let anyone forget that, would you." It wasn't a question, but a gently amused statement. "Well, now, do you need any more--"

She was cut off as the rustling in the brush behind her grew more pronounced, and then three figures stepped out. They were obviously the children she'd spoken of - the youngest girl looked just like her, and the other two favoured her quite a bit. The eldest girl - Alysse, Mieka had called her - stepped forward and laid a hand on her mother's shoulder. She brushed back long dark hair and examined the group minutely. "Is this them, Mom?" she inquired.

Mieka glanced up at her daughter, smiled. "Yes, Allie," she said softly. "It's them. And it's time."  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:41 pm
Mac looked at the new arrivals, and decided to finally introduce himself, "My name is Mackenzie, although I'm usually called Mac. I hope you understand the severity of the situation" he explained. "Although these aren't the best of times, try to make them pleasant".  

EG Water

Seeker

EG Water

Seeker

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:13 pm
Nira summoned her ball of sight. From within her dwelling she watches. "Hehehe...Lets see...another child of the sea?" she announces to herself quietly and a bit entertained, watching the face of the red-haired girl in her orb, "Lets see how this one fairs".  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:16 am
User Image
None disturb your hunt

Joshua tensed as he heard the bushes rustling. He breathed a sigh of relief, relaxing when it was just the children who came through. When Mieka said it was time, he had to wonder how long she'd been planning for this. 'Well, maybe not this exact situation.' He amended the thought. 'But she's been planning about something for awhile now, apparently. Long enough to get her children organized.' He cast an eye over the children. He started to think that they still seemed a little young, when he realized that he wasn't much older. He had to laugh inwardly. Dealing with all of this had made him feel older. 'I guess if I can handle it, so can they. Besides, they're too old to stop.'

User Image
Beneath the Blood moon
The forest you watch
Beneath the Blood sky
The forest you hunt

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:43 pm
Cheryl cast an icy grey-eyed gaze over them, tucking her long red hair back behind her ear. "They don't look like much," she said critically - brutally honest as only young folk could be. "Are you sure they're the ones you saw?" The boy - Lance - elbowed her and made her glare at him. "Don't pretend you aren't wondering, too," the outspoken girl told her brother.

Mieka's amused look back at her daughter was only slightly tinged with warning. "Yes, Cheryl," she said. "I'm sure."

Tianara frowned. Saw? That didn't sound right. Mieka had obviously been getting her kids ready for this for a long time, so how could they only have started when the woman had seen them?

She glanced over at Joshua, wondering if it meant more to him than it did to her. Maybe it was a slang term of some kind?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:08 pm
Mac saw something in the distance in the forest, gleaming eyes. Mac's eyes opened wide and he ignored his friends. He walked next to Aria, "We're not alone..."  

EG Water

Seeker

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:08 pm
User Image
None disturb your hunt

Joshua looked even more confused now. 'Saw? But we just got here?' His thoughts were unsure as he tried to puzzle this out. 'Is she....Is she a physic? Clairvoyant? Or whatever you want to call it?' It seemed to be the only thing that fit. Mieka had been planning this for awhile and hadn't seemed surprised at all by what the group was saying. It was as if she'd known at least a little bit, if not everything. Joshua wanted to ask, but he couldn't really find the right way to say it.

User Image
Beneath the Blood moon
The forest you watch
Beneath the Blood sky
The forest you hunt

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:36 pm
((Okay, we should get some status on some people and their powers if they have any. A fight scene is going to take place, and Aria and Mac are 2 fighters so far))  

EG Water

Seeker

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:16 pm
((OOC: Mieka knows what's coming. razz Cheryl's inherited that tendency, in slightly less strength. Alysse and Lance are both well-trained as far as physical combat goes, and Cheryl has a gun. You know most of what Tianara can do - some basic mermagic, not a lot of which is good in battle.))

Mieka seemed to understand their confusion, because after a moment, she smiled faintly. "It's not precisely clairvoyancy," she explained to a bewildered-looking Joshua. "It's seeing what the future might possibly bring. I see a lot in dreams. I've been seeing you - mostly you and this girl here," she nodded at Tianara, "for several years now. I knew you brought painful news, and the beginning of what could be the end. I don't know if it is - I've seen it both ways." She looked a trifle sad, but then shook her head a little. "The chances are about even, I would say."

After a moment, she smiled. Then she nodded when Mac spoke up. "No, Mac, we're not," she said calmly. "It's been there for at least half an hour now. Probably more."

Tianara immediately decided she wanted to be this woman when she grew up. Nothing seemed to faze her.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:35 pm
From the distance a large cat with long whiskers and long claws slowly walked closer. Mac watched on, and he then heard more noise from behind, and saw 2 more coming from different directions. The group Mac was with were surrounded by these things. "...Coeurls..." he said, "They have brute strength, and they have immense mind power and they're capable of using magick" he explained, "I've only heard about them...".  

EG Water

Seeker

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:41 pm
User Image
None disturb your hunt

Joshua's amber eyes cleared as Mieka explained. 'Ah. So that' its.' Things made much more sense to him now. He glanced at Mac, then to Mieka as they spoke of the something He was impressed by how calm she was, with whatever that thing was out there.

Aria glanced at Mac when he came to stand next to her. When he said they weren't alone, she became aware of a feeling of wrongness. She glanced around and saw the large cats approaching. She had to take Mac at his word for what they were - She specialized in the merfolk legends she'd heard growing up.

User Image
Beneath the Blood moon
The forest you watch
Beneath the Blood sky
The forest you hunt

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:57 pm
Mac picked up a branch that was as tall as he was, and he positioned it in front of him. The staff glowed a bit and reformed to a wooden staff with a spiraled top that made it look like a question mark. "...Well I guess some of my power is of use" he said with a grin. He remained in a calm state as he grabbed Aria's hand, "That pendant, its for protection right?" he asked her quietly. The coeurls got closer, and their intelligent and malicious eyes never strayed from the group, as they were about 15 meters away.  

EG Water

Seeker

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:02 pm
User Image
None disturb your hunt

Aria glanced at Mac and nodded. "That's right." She said, wondering what he had planned. It was obvious he had something in mind. Her gaze went back to watching the coeurls stalking closer.

User Image
Beneath the Blood moon
The forest you watch
Beneath the Blood sky
The forest you hunt

"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 187 188 189 190 191 192 ... 289 290 291 292 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games