Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Services

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili services, soquili, horse, fantasy breedables, native america 

Reply Archived
Breeding Questions & Suggestions Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tebiki

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:11 pm
*personally I like the 2 couples a month and think it should stay that way XD thats just me though.*

SUGGESTION

Okay I think we can all agree. Its easy to post a form saying lifemating and you get advantages from it.

I think that lifemating should be RP required. ^^;; I mean its more work for staff, however maybe get some more people to do it.

I know that some people will say its not fair on those who do not have time to RP. However even if its just one RP to show a relationship is not much to do. Even if its done over a messenger. ^^ There is being busy, then there is making excuses you know.

I mean some people just lifemate to get better chance at kids. They do nothing different than people who post the selective form, it just does not seem fair to me, it just seems to be something that should be earnt ^^;;;

<333 so fuse the two together, and let those who put time and effort into relationships reap the rewards =D haha!

*dont shoot me ;o;*  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:38 pm
I agreeeee with Tebiki. RP has been meaning less and less with maybe one breeding raffle with RP slots out of ten. Making only RPed couples eligible to lifemate would make RP pertinent again.

It wouldn't require any more effort for staff, since we already have a RP qualifications thread.  

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

LunaRei_SilverBlood

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:41 pm
I have to agree with Biki on this. Right now, the only benefits that come for Rpers, are the stats, that higher you are more likely you get a 3rd basket. and 100% MIGHT get you elder status. But if you're not going for elder status then it doesn't really matter.

I can definitely see where non-Rpers will not like this idea. But it would be nice to see another benefit for people who do RP, and spend alot of time plotting and making plans for this and rping it out. Just making the wait time for ending a lifemate doesn't bring anymore significance to it. And it would be very nice to see more importance brought back to Rping.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:02 pm
I don't particularly agree on this one.. I mean, I know where RPers are coming from, but I don't think thats fair for everyone. I don't RP because I don't feel comfortable doing it and get intimidated, but I can still plot, and if lifemating is taken away from non-RPers, ill probably never have an official lifemated couple, even if their personality says differently. RPers already get a benefit from the breeding raffles.  

Pink Pandah Bear

Sparkly Bloodsucker

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:27 pm
I have to disagree with RP being a requirement for lifemating as well. I don't think that we should further penalize people who choose to Plot instead of RP out a couple. The shop isn't RP requrired, and however people choose to enjoy interacting with their Soquili isn't wrong or worse.

There are inherent benefits of RP'ng. Even if the player isn't interested in Elder-hood. There are frequently RP-only slots in raffles, and as Luna mentioned but I think deserves further emphasis is the fact that the higher a soquili's stats, the greater the chance at 3 baskets is. This is independent from one addition (that I don't think I'm at liberty to say the specifics) that lifemating grants, and even non-lifemated soquili that are highly RPd can have a better shot at 3 baskets than an un-RP'd, lifemated couple.

Lifemating is a separate situation, and you can have a lifemated, RP'd couple and glean benefits from both categories independently (qualification in both types of raffle slots as well as the extra chances of an extra basket. ).  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:32 pm
What Sabin said.

Life mating and Roleplaying have separate benefits. So you can choose to participate in both - but people who prefer to plot over formal RP shouldn't be penalized or barred from lifemating.  

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400

derivative

Anxious Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:35 pm
I disagree with lifemating being rp-only. :/ It sucks to see people just lifemating their Soq to get benefits, but in the end, people are going to take whatever benefits are available to them. Soq is not an RP-required shop, though it is certainly enriched by the RP, and I don't think it's quite fair to say that lifemating ought to be RP required. I, for example, am part of two RP-required shops and am starting up my own rp-required shop; as a result, I plot here and very rarely do I rp anymore. Still, some of my Soq are seeking lifelong relationships, and I don't think it's quite fair that they couldn't be considered official lifemates simply because I choose to plot them and not RP them.

It's not as though I lifemate them simple to get benefits in raffles, though of course you see that happening from time to time when lifemate only slots pop up. It sucks a little to see it, but like I said, people are always going to use the system to their advantage if they can. In the end, though, since this isn't an RP-required shop, I'd really hate to be told that I can't lifemate my Soq based on plotting alone, and that I must RP them or they will never be considered "lifemates." It's just a title, and sure, it really doesn't mean much outside of the shop's world, but just because I don't have the time to RP doesn't mean I don't plot with care and thought given to my Soq's characters' and personality. To them, ICly, it would be important to be lifemates, and so I plot and lifemate them where it is appropriate. For the others, I do selective permissions.

Potential Elderhood with the possibility of a fourth basket if Elderhood is obtained is already an RP perk for the shop, as is increased chances for third baskets for regular couples. RPed slots are great to see in raffles, but really, lifemate slots only come around rarely as well, usually around Valentine's Day that I've seen.

So, yeah, non-RPers are probably going to like this much less. I am one of those people who mainly plots. Will I be really upset if lifemating becomes RP required? No. But I don't think it should be. There's already an RP category for breeding raffles when the colorists choose to use it (and yeah, you don't see it very often, but as I said, you don't see lifemates only slots very often either that I've seen) so I don't think it's necessary to make lifemating RP-required. That'd be like adding another RP slot... except this one is just for those RP couples that are lifemated, instead of all RPed couples in general. To me, when lifemate slots and RP slots pop up, it's awesome, but I don't think that lifemates should become RP-required because, as I said, it'd be like getting a specialized RP slot. If that makes sense.

RP is a fun and valuable part of this shop, and like I said, it certainly enriches it, but I, for one, would be disappointed to see lifemates become RP only. Lifemating -- and rping -- is a personal choice in this shop, and there's already a penalty for breaking a lifemating to discourage people from lifemating simply for the benefit of getting a slot in a raffle. Now that, in the event of breaking a lifemating, the length of time you have to wait to breed has been extended, hopefully there will be less people lifemating simply to get a slot in a raffle... and even if they do, and they change their mind, they have to wait six months to breed anyway.

I don't know, I just don't agree that lifemating should be RP required. If you like to RP, that's great, and more power to you! But if you just like to plot, or heck, if you are only here for sig candy and just want to lifemate your Soq so that you don't have to post permissions every time, that should be your right to do so. Leave the RP benefits to the RP slots, elderhood, and stats, and have lifemating just be a separate, personal decision, whether you make it after RP, plotting, or simply for convenience.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:19 pm
Perhaps there is a middle ground to be thought of:

Lifemates should NOT be RP required -- too many people plot or do their RP outside of soquili and dont do it publicly, but care about their soquili. And really, those who lifemate for the soul reason for increasing chances of three baskets would do everything they can to get more baskets outside of breeding so its sort of pointless to punish those who cant or dont feel comfortable RPing, but still care about the shop.

However, Perhaps there should be a stacking (Aka stacks with lifemate and stat bonuses) bonus similar to the lifemate one for couples that are in the RP-couple Qualifications thread, thus having a fresh romantic RP thats over two weeks old and hasnt been used before in a breeding. Thus having an extra reward not just stat related (Especially useful for RPers that dont keep track of stats)

So, while RP slots seem to be come and go, just as Lifemate slots are, Lifemates have a steady bonus -- Rped couples should have a bonus as well. Thus, equal parts.

You can lifemate or you can Rp, same amount of bonus.

If you do both, you get the two bonuses stacked for greater gain.

Its not a requirement to do either, and it must be done BEFORE they are picked, following the rules (Such as the RP must be two weeks old for the RP requirement, not one done real quick for the current breeding raffle)  

mindsend
Vice Captain

Ghost Trash

17,975 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Dragon Master 50

Felmino

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:41 pm
Thing is though, RPing of any kind gives you more bonuses towards a third basket than any other current method (two 100% stat parents always get 3 baskets.)

I don't see that RP needs any additional incentives, but an extra bonus for "plotted" Soquili, with a written plot or backstory in their teepee might be an idea. It's something that wouldn't require RPing of any kind, but it would be something that a lot of people already do for their lifemated couples.

*tosses in her two cents*

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:19 pm
Okay.. I have to say I -hate- the idea of RP couples being the only ones that can lifemate.

I have two pairs in which I own -both- soquilis and both pairs are lifemated. At one point in time they were both considered RP couples, but I now just don't have the time with 50 hour weeks to write out both sides of RP.

It would suck royally, traumatize, etc.. me if I had to break the lifematings just because I didn't RP them. I also have a two customs I'm working on getting that -will- be lifemated as they're cosplays. If I couldn't lifemate them because I didn't type it all out, well.. it'd suck. I'm sorry, but it would.

My other question is whether or not people are actually lifemating just to get more babies? With the addition of that type of slot, maybe people are taking the extra step to solidify a relationship that otherwise would have just remained RP'd. Even if the soquili in question were planning on being together for all three breedings?
I've also not heard anybody come out and say, "Well I lifemated the pair so we could get more babiez." ... 'unno

I'd just be like ugh.. it'd be a major turn off to have a non-rp required shop add something like that  

`Swirly

Hygienic Sex Symbol

samus x

Ice-Cold Cat

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:28 pm
i have to agree, lifemates should not be forced to be rp. those who do rp get quite a few perks as is already in breeding raffles, more so than lifemates. so really i don't think there's honestly a need to make lifemates rp required when the shop doesn't require rp anyways.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:25 am
I agree with everyone who said lifemating shouldn't be RP required. I'd be extremely upset if I had to break LM and George's lifemating just because I don't RP LM.  

Ragers

Kawaii Kitten

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:08 am
*Adds her say*

Completely agree that RP and Lifemating should remain seperate. Although I am RPing more now I still do a lot of plotting as having a newborn baby I don't always have time to RP and it would suck to have my coupled penalised just because I don't RP them as often as I would like. Would also be unfair to the other owner who did RP or was waiting patiently for me to try and RP.

Also just a
random suggestion that I know will probably get shot down but I am going to put it out there for consideration anyways... XD

I know edited couples are a LOT more work for colourists and everything but they do tend to have less opportunities than unedited since there are often unedited slots, so it would be nice every once in a while (not as much as unedited slots) to have an edited couple slot also *shot* afterall even couples with one edited and one unedited partner are still classed as edited eventhough the colourist doesn't have to edit all the babies or anything (-question- are edits on the babies still a chance roll??) Either way it won't stop me entering my couples at every opportunity I can be they unedited or edited smile

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:13 pm
That would be sort of like adding a Non-RP slot for every RP slot, a Non-Lifemate Slot for every Lifemate slot, a "Big Soq" slot for every "Mini" slot, etc.
IMO, the Open slot is sufficient to cover all those additional slots. And that way, the colorist doesn't have to add an opposite slot for every single special slot they want, essentially doubling their slot count... ^^;

Unless you didn't mean at the same time. o.o

-Nessus-Euenos-

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:03 pm
-Nessus-Euenos-
That would be sort of like adding a Non-RP slot for every RP slot, a Non-Lifemate Slot for every Lifemate slot, a "Big Soq" slot for every "Mini" slot, etc.
IMO, the Open slot is sufficient to cover all those additional slots. And that way, the colorist doesn't have to add an opposite slot for every single special slot they want, essentially doubling their slot count... ^^;

Unless you didn't mean at the same time. o.o
Nope didn't mean at the same time XD I didn't even mean have them very often either... just every now and then. But like I said I was expecting it to be a bad idea but thought I would suggest it anyways and have it out there smile
But now that you mention it would be unfair to have that when their are other 'catagories' also that 'leave' out certain couples XD

Archived

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff