Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 22. ✿ - - - Health And Exercise
Questions About Sex & Sexual Health Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 37 38 39 40 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lysabear

Gracious Gaian

5,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:26 pm
k, thank you :3
and is it okay to wear tampons to sleep?  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:52 pm
Scubas_girl
i think it is. i do all the time and nothing bad happens i dont see what can be wrong with it cause its just like laying with one on for several hours.  

inu828

Perfect Stranger 3-0

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:07 pm
inu828
Scubas_girl
i think it is. i do all the time and nothing bad happens i dont see what can be wrong with it cause its just like laying with one on for several hours.

Only up to eight hours, and make sure you use a low absorbency tampon.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:33 pm
I bought mine that said regular flow, is that low enough?  

Lysabear

Gracious Gaian

5,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

Perfect Stranger 3-0

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:39 pm
Scubas_girl
I bought mine that said regular flow, is that low enough?

yes!

there are some brands that have sleeker tampons (for newbies), but they still absorb the same as regular absorbency.

The absorbency had been standardized.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:57 am
oh, that's cool 4laugh

How short can a period be? I went to change my tampon this morning and there was barely any blood on it, and it was only a few drops. Today would be day 3, so can periods be that short?  

Lysabear

Gracious Gaian

5,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

Perfect Stranger 3-0

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:16 pm
Scubas_girl
oh, that's cool 4laugh

How short can a period be? I went to change my tampon this morning and there was barely any blood on it, and it was only a few drops. Today would be day 3, so can periods be that short?

Yes, but maybe in a few days you'll see more fluid. It happens.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:19 pm
Perfect Stranger 3-0
Scubas_girl
oh, that's cool 4laugh

Yes, but maybe in a few days you'll see more fluid. It happens.

I saw more this afternoon...makes me sad lol. I hate being a girl sometimes lol  

Lysabear

Gracious Gaian

5,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

Lysabear

Gracious Gaian

5,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:24 pm
So, my friend was telling me about a form of birth control she is planning on going on and I really like what I heard, but i want some opinions from you girls too!

Its called Intrauterine Contraceptive or IUC
I hear it goes in you and its like a T shape and it works for 5 years and its more effective than the pill. And, if you want to start having kids, you take it out an your fertile again in about a month.
From what I hear its a lot better than the shot and you dont have to worry much about it, except get it changed if you change sex partners, so its not good for people who have multiple sex partners.
These are a lot cheaper than the shot and pills too, most insurances will cover this 100% and planned parenthood has a health care plan and will cover it too, along with all other appointments that you have there too. I really want to try this, my friend gave me a pamphlet that im going to sit down and read tonight.

Also, I was at the store buying tampons and I saw something that wasn't a pad or tampon, it was a little cup type thing that goes inside of you that blocks the blood flow and works up to 12 hours, can someone tell me what in the world this is?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:23 pm
Actually, that's an IUD: Intrauterine Device.

There are two main types of IUD available. The one you mentioned is the plastic one that has Progesterone. It last up to five years. Is not recommended for women who aren't in a stable relationship (married or who live together), and for women who hadn't had at least one kid. It's side effects are very minimal or non existent, and is as effective as the pill. It has to be placed by a professional.

Then, there's the cooper IUD. Para Gard. Is not hormonal, but not everyone can use it. Why? is made from cooper, and it can cause allergic reactions. The worst side effect this method has is that it increases menstrual periods making them heavier and longer, especially during the first months. Another side effect is that the body tends to expel this method spontaneously with frequency, especially among younger users.

THESE METHODS ARE NOT APPROVED FOR THE USE IN TEENAGERS.

Why? their bodies are more prone to the expulsion these devices because their uterus aren't properly dilated causing it to fail. Another thing; they do not protect against STDs, and if an STD occurs during the use of these devices, serious infections, like PID (Pelvic Inflammatory Disease), could occur.

Want an ease, reliable method that protects you from preggo and/or STDs? Use condoms: they're cheap, safe and offers double protection.

I'm already pass 20, but I have no kids. I cannot use them.  

Perfect Stranger 3-0

Lysabear

Gracious Gaian

5,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:43 pm
aww, that makes me a bit sad. I really like this form too...oh well :/  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:46 pm
Scubas_girl

Also, I was at the store buying tampons and I saw something that wasn't a pad or tampon, it was a little cup type thing that goes inside of you that blocks the blood flow and works up to 12 hours, can someone tell me what in the world this is?

I really don't know what's that; never seen them before. If you have the name, can you tell me so I could look for more information?  

Perfect Stranger 3-0

miss twinkle toes 001

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:12 am
Perfect Stranger 3-0
Scubas_girl

I really don't know what's that; never seen them before. If you have the name, can you tell me so I could look for more information?
• (( witty phrase )) •

It is called a menstrual cup.

Menstrual cups are worn internally, holding (instead of absorbing) monthly flow. There are several types of reusable cups available, and they are bell-shaped and worn low in the v****a. The Divacup, the Mooncup, the Lunette, the Miacup, the Femmecup, the Ladycup, and the Keeper Moon Cup are made of medical grade silicone. The original Keeper is made of natural gum rubber (latex). There is also a disposable cup, called the Instead, which is shaped more like a diaphragm and worn higher up. The Ladycup is available in a variety of colours.

You can find information on wikipedia and here

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:05 am
I feel like a nerd asking this..
but does anything like.. come out of you when you orgasm?

Sensation Ari

5,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Hygienic 200
22. ✿ - - - Health And Exercise

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 37 38 39 40 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games