Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Movies TV Shows Books Comics
Dr. Who - a show for the truly decrepit Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 38 39 40 41 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like Dr. Who?
I don't like anybody.
5%
 5%  [ 15 ]
Didn't he have something to do with pledge drives?
1%
 1%  [ 5 ]
I don't watch medical shows.
2%
 2%  [ 7 ]
I heard he went crazy and lived in Obi-Wan's attic.
10%
 10%  [ 31 ]
Sure. Lots. Now gimme my poll gold.
24%
 24%  [ 74 ]
Exterminate! Exterminate!
56%
 56%  [ 168 ]
Total Votes : 300

Rhiannon2006

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:57 am
"School Reunion" was one of my favorite episodes, Harbone. Rose and Sarah Jane have a fine time comparing notes on the Doctor. blaugh Get someone to tape the eps for you. David Tennant is quite good.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:30 am
School Reunion and Girl in the Fireplace were my favorites of the Tennant season. The season closer was good too.

On a seperate note, is anyone plannign on watching Torchwood, or even looking forward to it? I'm very curious to the opinions of others, whether they think that perhaps its just a big gimmick and not worth the time, or if they like Rustle T Davies and Captain Jack and are wanting more.  

Velouria Dragoon

Rhiannon2006

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:15 pm
The Torchwood subforum has been very lately in the DW Guild. Last thing I've read about Torchwood is that it won't be aired until sometime in November or early December... some problem with the CGI effects? Unfortunately Sci-Fi won't be airing it here in the States. BBC recently put out a press release with a pic of one of the monsters... the Weevils (yes, that is what they called). It's been getting lots of hype... hope it lives up to it. smile  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:31 pm
I'll probably give Torchwood a go, out of curiosity, if nothing else, but I won't be hanging around if it's not really up to scratch. I quite liked Captain Jack.  

Alleira

Aged Citizen

8,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Warnersister

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:30 am
alleira
I'll probably give Torchwood a go, out of curiosity, if nothing else, but I won't be hanging around if it's not really up to scratch. I quite liked Captain Jack.

That pretty much describes my attitude. I'm looking forward to seeing what it's like, but I'm not getting my hopes up too high.

DW  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:49 am
Warnersister
alleira

That pretty much describes my attitude. I'm looking forward to seeing what it's like, but I'm not getting my hopes up too high.

DW

I've been a big John Barrowman fan since my age was barely in double figures, but... Neither am I, bearing in mind RTD's levels of self-indulgence last season. sad  

Nuala

Warnersister

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:40 am
Nuala
Warnersister
alleira

DW

I've been a big John Barrowman fan since my age was barely in double figures, but... Neither am I, bearing in mind RTD's levels of self-indulgence last season. sad

Whatever happens, I doubt very much it will be Barrowman's fault if it's rubbish...

DW  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:48 am
Warnersister
Whatever happens, I doubt very much it will be Barrowman's fault if it's rubbish...

Amen to that.

But since his Torchwood commitments were the reason he gave for passing on the male romantic lead role in the West End show I have first night tickets for at the end of this month, I'm going to feel thoroughly entitled to whinge if the series is a waste of everyone's time. stare  

Nuala

Nuala

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:52 pm
So... How many of the UK viewers'll be watching the inaugural Torchwood double bill this weekend?  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:49 am
And after all our UK Geezer friends see the premiere of Torchwood, please share your opinions with your US Geezer friends! biggrin  

Rhiannon2006

WickedPeaches

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:16 am
i shall be watching Torchwood, if i remember anyway ninja

ok, i had a look on the Radio Times website and i can't find it! what time is it on?

EDIT - just had a thought, is it on BBC3 or something?  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:46 am
BBC3, 9pm! smile

I've been hearing major spoilerness from people who were at the Cardiff premiere - even the disappointment that was Robin Hood might disappear into the background for a bit. smile

I'll try to get a review up if I get the chance after the weekend.  

Nuala

WickedPeaches

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:20 am
gonk

i'm considering buying a Freeview box, i got my Mum one for her birthday last week, £50 for currys, it's a tiny little prism, like an overgrown, silver Toblerone blaugh
works great though, and she can pick up all the channels with her standard aerial.
plus it tunes itself in, a big bonus!
my tv, whilst ancient, does have a scart socket so i might be investing in a little technology tomorrow ninja
but if torchwood is on at 9 i'd miss it anyway as i'll be watching C.S.I 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:24 am
WickedPeaches
but if torchwood is on at 9 i'd miss it anyway as i'll be watching C.S.I 3nodding

I'll be taping CSI in order to watch Torchwood smile I've tried to avoid all the hype, so all I know is what has been in the trailers. Fingers crossed. At least it's hopefully less likely to bug me every episode by casually dropping in a mention of the Doctor... Come on, Russell T, give us some credit!

DW  

Warnersister

Alleira

Aged Citizen

8,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:49 am
I intend to watch Torchwood tonight, to see what all the hype has been leading up to, but if I happen to miss it, it seems to be repeated on Wednesday (9.00 p.m. BBC2).  
Movies TV Shows Books Comics

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 38 39 40 41 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games