Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
The Evil of Ravenholm - Chapter 2: The Ashen Mountains Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 27 28 29 30 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:19 am
Cain saw Hars' Elven form walk past to greet the Humans, but the Kenku was still wary and stuck to the darkness. He was never good in social situations anyway, he preferred to just watch from the dark. He pulled out a knife, preparing to throw it if things went badly.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:01 am
The remaining kobolds looked dubstrucked, not to mention fearful. Just as you were about to slay them all, one of them drew a short sword and ran through one of his ex-allies. The other two yapped and screetched at the killer, but he was quick and he pounced one of the remaining two. They fell to the floor, and the armed kobold grabbed his sword with both hands and plunged it into the chest of his fellow. But he had over-committed himself, the kobold who stood behind him, realising that it was kill or be killed, stepped forward and grabbed the armed kobold in a headlock. The kobold in the grab dropped his sword in shock and began scrabbling to get the other one off of him. But the one behind was too strong, and after a while of struggle and gasping, he managed to suffocate the other. He brushed himself off and look at you, Pelloth. He was breathing deep, but you could tell that he was proud of himself.

Cain hid himself in the shadows of the corridor, as the elven Hars headed into the large room to confront the humans. As the three tired men noticed this beautiful elf, armed with short swords and wearing leather armour, they immediately turned and took up defensive stances. With a curious but concerned look on his face, the presumed leader asked, "Who the hell are you? And what the ******** are you doing here? Answer now or we will be forced to kill you."  

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:38 am
[[Preparing to throw dagger at any one who dares come towards Hars in a threatening way.]]  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:24 pm
Pelloth watched as the beast turned on one another with morbid amusement. When the last of them stood, he smiled at the creature and said "Very impressive, you should be proud of yourself. Unfortunately," sudden there as a flash of light and the kobold looked down to see a burned hole in it's chest. "I lied. Your will make a worthy sacrifice to Zehir." Turning his back on the creature as it fell, Pelloth hurried along to catch up to his dead companion.  

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:45 pm
Hars smiles sweetly. "So if I don't answer then you have to try and kill me right?" She draws her blades in a flash and coos, "It's a deal."

Hars was pleased, she didn't normally find men so combative outside of Ravenholm.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:48 pm
Hars, Ganusk and Cain....Roll Initiative!  

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:34 am
((Init @14))  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:50 am
[[Init: 12, also since I prepared action can I throw my knife as a surprise round? Either way I'll wait for a map first.]]  

joe-dude667

iDragow

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:31 am
((Init +9; If we get a surprise round, I'll use my standard to move as close to the group as possible.))  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:43 pm
--1--2--3--4--5--6--7--8--9--10--11--12--13--14-
A-W--A--L--L---------W--A--L--L--W---A---L---L--A
B-A------------------------------W---A---L---L--B
C-L------------------------------W---A---L---L--C
D-L------------------------------W---A---L---L--D
E-------------G1-----------------Gr--D----------E
F---------------CB--------H---------------C-----F
G-W-----------G2-----------------W---A---L---L--G
H-A------------------------------W---A---L---L--H
I-L------------------------------W---A---L---L--I
J-L------------------------------W---A---L---L--J
K-L------------------------------W---A---L---L--K
L-L------------------------------W---A---L---L--L

Initiative Order
1. Captain Basch: 58 damage Initiative
2. Guardsman 1: 9 damage
3. Guardsman 2: 27 damage, bloodied
4. Hars: 48/50hp
5. Cain: 45/50hp
6. Daelos
7. Grashuk: 42/45hp

(I know Hars has 6 left, but could Grashuk and Cain tell me how many surges they have left)

Daelos and Grashuk begin to make their way towards the fight, as Cain flings a dagger (at long range). After his dagger has hit or miss, I will start! As for the room, it extends a bit further south, and that area is filled with a makeshift campsite. A few bedrolls have been lain on the floor, a slowly dying fire is in the midst and a few crates of supplies are dotted around the place. Also a smattering of chairs, tables and weapons lie on the floor. The rest of the room is musty and made of hard stone, the floor is littered with a few human bodies and many kobolds ones from the battle previous. You can see what lies down neither corridor, north or west.

Pelloth and Gerash are following the kobold who knows the way. (Your characters don't know this but they are headed towards the fight. You will enter the area on the 4th round, as long as you want to, so you may as well roll initiative now).

As a reminder, Cain make your attack (or change what you do in the surprise round) and then we'll begin!  

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:37 am
[[10vsAC. stare ]]  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:45 am
A-W--A--L--L---------W--A--L--L--W---A---L---L--A
B-A------------------------------W---A---L---L--B
C-L------------------------------W---A---L---L--C
D-L------------------------------W---A---L---L--D
E-------------------------G1-----Gr--D----------E
F----------------------CB-H--------------C------F
G-W-----------------------G2-----W---A---L---L--G
H-A------------------------------W---A---L---L--H
I-L------------------------------W---A---L---L--I
J-L------------------------------W---A---L---L--J
K-L------------------------------W---A---L---L--K
L-L------------------------------W---A---L---L--L

Initiative Order
1. Captain Basch: 58 damage
2. Guardsman 1: 9 damage
3. Guardsman 2: 27 damage, bloodied
4. Hars: 17/50hp, bloodied and marked by G2 Initiative
5. Cain: 45/50hp
6. Daelos
7. Grashuk: 42/45hp

Cain's dagger flies uselessly threw the air before clattering to the ground. At this point Grashuk and Daelos begin their assault. "What is this?! How dare you attack members of the Valletan military, we will make you pay for this!" Even as the Captain speaks his words, you see that his companions aren't anywhere near as confident as their leader. Holding nothing back, Captain Basch steps forward and with all his might, swings his heavy flail towards Hars' side. His swing is not too accurate however, and Hars steps forward in an attempt to dodge it, and she only is dealt a glancing blow for 8 damage. Basch sneers and commands his men to gang up on the elf.

They comply and step forward to flanking positions before attacking Hars with their swords. Contrary to their fatigue and lack of confidence, they attack with excellent precision and manage to inflict a grievous wound to Hars. She also notices that the one to her left is watching her very carefully indeed, waiting for her to slip up.

Everyone may go!  

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:11 am
Hars gasps as the guard's sword slides out of her body. "You fellows . . . sure know how to treat a girl."

With a blade flourish she leaps into the air and vaults out of the steel nest they had constructed about her. Hers sword lashes out during her flight but a moment of vertigo from the blood loss fouls her aim.
(( shift 1SE, 1SW to H9, Blade Vault @13 vs G2's AC, G2 is marked))
((Action Point!))
Undeterred, her blades weave a pattern of cuts around the guard.
((Dual Strike CRIT/@16 vs G2's AC 15 and possibly 9 more damage))
((Dual strike subject to Grashuk's warlord bonus))  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:33 pm
((I'm down 2 surges, leaving me at 6. The bonuses are +1 attack and +3 damage. 3nodding ))

Hars went in first, and of course got herself in trouble. Grashuk shouldn't have given her the chance to get impaled, and instead had gone in himself. Oh well.

The Warlord stepped from the shadows of the hallway, and stared at each of the humans in turn. "It looks like the three of you have just bitten off much more than you can chew."

Marching up to the man who Hars had just vaulted around, he would slash at his leg, giving the Changeling an opening should he decide to retreat.

Quote:
Move Action: 1 S, 1 W
Standard Action: Viper's Strike on G2. 19 vs. AC; 16 damage, and if the target shifts before the start of my next turn, it provokes an OA from an ally of my choice (Hars).

iDragow

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:06 am
((did Gerash and Pelloth get forgotten))  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 27 28 29 30 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games