Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
:.: Abigail's Nine :.: {Accepting/Open} Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 30 31 32 33 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zetao

Beloved Dabbler

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:13 pm
_________________________________________________________________________________________
User Image
Elodie tied her hair up in a bouncy tail, not as hard a feat as it might appear as her hair had a natural curl to it that refused to quit. Even when she asked it nicely. At least it had the slight side benefit of making an good looking pony with little effort. Taking down plates and cups she set the island with the tableware and got the jug of milk out of the fridge. Salt and Pepper shakers were next, though rarely used. Elodie's aunt had a way with spices during the cooking process that made them quite unnecessary for afterwards.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:12 am
User Image
The tiger that shouldn't be....is....

Miranda chuckled and shook her head. "Nah. No police at your door." She said with a smile. She nodded and pulled the pot over to the cool burner, letting it rest there. "Fill the bowl 'bout three-quarters full for me." She said easily. She wasn't the biggest eater around. "Let's see how this experiment of yours turned out." She said with a small smile.

User Image
The tiger that should be....isn't....

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:52 pm
Cybil made a face at her. "There's nothing wrong with it," she said cheerfully as she tossed a round of flatbread beside each bowl. "I've experimented with it before."

Mark followed instructions, filling the bowls up - Cybil's had about the same in it as Miranda's did, but his was full. When he wasn't visiting Cybil, he didn't get as much to eat. His hands were getting shaky again, but he ignored it. The worst would be tomorrow, when his last binge was entirely out of his system. He fully intended to get Cybil to lock up all sharp or dangerous objects before then.

Cybil, pretty much in step with him, intended to do that.

"Okay," she said, glancing at the bowls. "There we have it. Experiment 6401. You can eat wherever," she addressed this to Miranda, "I'm not really picky about using the table or anything." She picked up one of the less-full bowls with its flatbread round on top and carted it off to the corner with the little card table that seemed to serve her as a dining area. Then she came back, opened a drawer and pulled out a spoon. "Utensils in here," she informed the other two. "Have fun."  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:00 pm
User Image

Miranda grabbed a bowl, bread, and spoon for herself. She just leaned against the counter, setting the bread beside her. "Here goes nothing." She murmured, taking a bite of the stew. She blinked, surprised by the flavor. That was not what she was expecting. "That's oddly good." She murmured, glancing at the stew. Considering what had gone into it, it was better than she'd thought.

User Image

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

Zetao

Beloved Dabbler

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:07 pm
_________________________________________________________________________________________
User Image
Elodie turned from her tableware duty and was immediately drafted into slicing mushrooms and peeling carrots. He aunt had the meat for stir fry mostly cooked, and was digging in the fridge for the bean sprouts. After Elodie's piles of vegetables were neatly sliced and piled beside her aunt's she started measuring out the rice. Ah stir fry, nothing was as good if you didn't know exactly what you wanted to eat.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:28 am
Cybil, overhearing, laughed. "Of course. Though everyone likes to pretend otherwise, including me, I do seem to know my way around the kitchen." Putting the still half-full bowl aside, she lifted a brow. "That doesn't mean I'm playing nursemaid every day, mind. Mark can do a few things too, when he feels like it. Can you? Cook?"

She'd said she was good in the kitchen, but Cybil didn't equate that with cooking. Not always, anyway.

With a grin for Mark - who was making his steady way through the bowl he'd filled for himself - she wandered back to the computer without a thought for the bowl she'd left on the table. "Okay, now what?"

Mark merely rolled his eyes. "Cyb. Dinner."

"Right. Crap," the blonde muttered, getting up and fetching her bowl. Setting it on the desk beside her computer, she gave him an arch look. "Nagging me to eat now, too?"

Mark beamed at her. "You said you didn't want to forever be the nursemaid."

"Oh, shut up," retorted Cybil. "Now. What are we going to do? We have a line on what we need. We need to try to get hold of that..." She took a breath. "That vision again. And we need to track down that journal of yours, Mark. What else can you think of?"  

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:23 am
User Image

Miranda chuckled lightly. "I'm okay in the kitchen. I'm better at desserts than anything else though. But yeah, I can pull my weight in the kitchen." She smiled to herself, watching Mark and Cybil chiding each other.

Her smile faded as they began talking about more serious things. She was a little hesitant to try that vision again, afraid the Dark Ones would interfere again. But what were the chances that they would do that again? "Right. The vision and the journal." She murmured, more to herself than anything. "And we need to try to track down any friend's that Abigail might have had, friend's that had children roughly around the time of her death."

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:35 pm
Cybil gave Miranda a funny look. "You think there are more?" she asked softly. "More like us?"

It was possible. Who could say? She frowned thoughtfully into the distance. "Usually, when I look into the future, I don't see anything but us."

Mark shrugged. "But your futures aren't static, right?" he asked. "They change. Maybe you only see us because we have to find any others before they can be part of...whatever this is."

Cybil shrugged. "Maybe. Makes sense. But then, nothing else about this does, so...What's the cutoff?" she wondered abruptly. "How old would the kid of one of her friends have to be before Abigail said No, that one can't adjust? It would make it easier to track it down if we had an idea of that."

She looked around. "And if there are no names of friends in the journal, if Abigail's journal is what it is, then I will be shocked. Let's put the vision aside for now and try for the journal again."  

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:57 pm
User Image

"I would guess the child would have to be fairly young. In order to adjust to the new powers and everything." Miranda murmured thoughtfully, then shook her head. "But you're right. Let's focus on that journal." She said, nodding firmly. She finished her stew, tapping her spoon thoughtfully against her chin as she moved to stand near Cybil. She sighed lightly. "Course, that's like looking for a needle in a haystack......."

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:19 pm
User Image
Elodie and her aunt spent a few minutes more perfecting their dish, before they served up the steaming stir fry over the rice. Elodie and her aunt were entertained enough in the re-telling of their daily events to keep the TV off during dinner. Particular time was spent on the estate sale, as Elodie's aunt was convinced they might actually be related to an ancestor from the estate sale family. She'd done some family tree digging, or rather relegated that to an industrious second cousin she was close with, and was waiting to hear back the next day.

Zetao

Beloved Dabbler

Zetao

Beloved Dabbler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:18 pm
(4th pager bump!)  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:04 pm
((OOC: Half-dead Silent is half-dead. Sorry about the wait, guys.))

Cybil shrugged. "Yeah, but so is everything else. We have to find people that might not even exist through a journal that might have been destroyed a long time ago or just thrown away. We have to use those potentially mythical people to save the world from some sort of...creature. That apparently are watching our every move, and will intervene when they think we're fumbling our way to a fighting chance. What could possibly be less trouble than that?"

"Forever the optimist," said Mark lightly. "Where should we start?"

"With her family," replied Cybil without a blink. "Her kin. If she didn't have a husband and didn't have a will, her next of kin get her stuff. Then we go from there."

She turned to Miranda. "Any ideas?"  

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:49 pm
((OOC: *poke*))  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:52 pm
(I wanna poke too!)  

Zetao

Beloved Dabbler

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:46 pm
User Image

Miranda sighed. When Cybil said it like that, it not only sounded hopeless, it sounded crazy too. At the other girl's question, Miranda fingered the journal she'd found in her attic. "From what I read, it seemed like Abigail was an only child. And in that age, lifespans weren't much. So even if her parents did get the stuff, it soon would have passed to her parents siblings and children, her cousins. And this is just a wild guess, but I would focus on males. They seemed to inherit everything about the time." She answered thoughtfully.

User Image

"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 30 31 32 33 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games