Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 1: Atsumari/Gathering Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Agent Sinistra rolled 4 10-sided dice: 4, 10, 5, 1 Total: 20 (4-40)

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:51 pm
@ Go Competition:

Rain Yupa
"I'm playing against Kenichi next. Makoto didn't do it much for me. He's a bit obsessive, in my humble opinion. Besides that, I haven't had the opportunity to look yet."

{Games: Go check of 14 vs TN 20, Failure 1/3}

It seems like Toyoko had diverted all attention away from the game, placing her pieces in areas that would be easily captured, and held no strategic advantage for her.

"Why? Is there someone I should know about?" she would ask, her eyes lighting up.

"Obsessive? Should I be worried? Unless I sit out in the next round, I should be playing against him after this game..."

She made a quick move on the board, capturing a small bit of territory before continuing to talk.

"I haven't had much of a chance to look around either, but..." Kyumi looked a little hesitant to continue, as if she might have thought better of it, but continued on. "A samurai named Matsu Seichiro is staying in the same tent as I am. He seems nice enough, but..." She paused, trying to come up with an explanation that wouldn't do her fellow Lion an injustice. "He's a little intimidating, and is missing an eye... I'd say he's good looking, though maybe not as easy on the eyes as some Crane men."

((4k3, 20 vs TN 25, 2/3 failures))  
Mongooseh rolled 3 10-sided dice: 5, 5, 3 Total: 13 (3-30)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:16 am
Summoning the will to once again stand in the duelling area he approaches Seichiro as he straps his helmet on once again.

He presents his katana and bows before saying, "A lion and a crab hmmm? How fitting... I shall hopefully be your last opponent in this tournament... Hopefully..."

(3k2 initiative = 10)  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:52 am
@ Go Competition:

"Makoto is an earth shugenja, like me. But he likes games a little too much is all. But I guess everyone needs a hobby." Toyoko would warn Kyumi, quickly positioning some stones that really didn't accomplish anything, besides setting her up to lose more territory. Her random placements did much to occupy much of the board, but otherwise, really weren't competitive.

{Games: Go check of 16 vs TN 25, Failure 2/3}

"Hmmm... not really my type. I want a handsome man. One that I would... you know... love to wake up next to every morning..." she would confess, turning bright red, yet smiling broadly.

From across the room, Kenichi would suddenly and nervously drop several of his black stones onto the floor. Sumi would glare at him, as he would apologize and quickly gather them back up.  
Keith Valken Lionheart rolled 5 10-sided dice: 8, 4, 6, 9, 1 Total: 28 (5-50)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:54 pm
Seichiro bows down to the Crab, and gives him a smile. "I hope to learn from our bout, Crab. My name is Matsu Seichiro of the Lion clan. Let us perform as best we can, and give it our all, since ours is the last match."

[Initiative 5k3= 23]  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:03 pm
@ The Scorpion Tent:

Naizen would tilt his head after the series of questions that Kojiro shot out at him, eyes never leaving the Bayushi.

"You prattle too much. You'll give away all your secrets."

Climbing off of the cot, he would move to an unoccupied one, sitting upon it and once more staring at Kojiro. He would remain upright, holding his knees and studied the fellow Scorpion.

"I was briefed before I left. You're Koyuki's man, aren't you?"  
Keith Valken Lionheart rolled 7 10-sided dice: 6, 8, 7, 8, 8, 5, 3 Total: 45 (7-70)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:31 pm
Seichiro drew his katana, charging at the Crab and proceeding to attack the Crab's torso with a diagonal downward slash.

[Ignoring armor, 7k3+3, using free raise granted from school to attack]  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
Keith Valken Lionheart rolled 7 10-sided dice: 3, 10, 9, 6, 2, 1, 2 Total: 33 (7-70)

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:34 pm
[7k2+2 damage= 26]  
Keith Valken Lionheart rolled 1 10-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-10)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:36 pm
Exploding Die  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:12 pm
Rain Yupa
@ The Scorpion Tent:

Naizen would tilt his head after the series of questions that Kojiro shot out at him, eyes never leaving the Bayushi.

"You prattle too much. You'll give away all your secrets."

Climbing off of the cot, he would move to an unoccupied one, sitting upon it and once more staring at Kojiro. He would remain upright, holding his knees and studied the fellow Scorpion.

"I was briefed before I left. You're Koyuki's man, aren't you?"

"Aye. I am." Although he could've read that frome the tattoo while I was sleeping. It is public knowledge though. Kojiro set his book down so that the Shosuro could see that Kojiro was giving him his full attention. "So, did Lady Soshi have the same briefing?"  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:35 am
"You would of thought that this fight would of lasted longer but I am at my limit and I'd like to be able to walk away from this fight...." With this said he signalled to the marshal that he was giving up and started to hobble away but murmured just before he left, "the underdog had to lose at some point, right?"

Coughing up blood Kagae sheathed his blade and collapsed to the floor waiting to be carried off to the nearest medic.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
Agent Sinistra rolled 4 10-sided dice: 9, 4, 3, 7 Total: 23 (4-40)

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:18 am
@ Go Competition:

Rain Yupa
"Makoto is an earth shugenja, like me. But he likes games a little too much is all. But I guess everyone needs a hobby." Toyoko would warn Kyumi, quickly positioning some stones that really didn't accomplish anything, besides setting her up to lose more territory. Her random placements did much to occupy much of the board, but otherwise, really weren't competitive.

{Games: Go check of 16 vs TN 25, Failure 2/3}

"Hmmm... not really my type. I want a handsome man. One that I would... you know... love to wake up next to every morning..." she would confess, turning bright red, yet smiling broadly.

From across the room, Kenichi would suddenly and nervously drop several of his black stones onto the floor. Sumi would glare at him, as he would apologize and quickly gather them back up.

"I thought as much, but it wouldn't have been fair to hold out on you." Kyumi quietly answered and made another move. After Toyoko made her comment after her move, Kyumi couldn't help but let out a quiet giggle and grinned in agreement. "Isn't that what every woman wants?"

At the soft sound of stones hitting the ground, she couldn't help but look over to see who had dropped them. When she saw that it had been Kenichi, she quickly looked back to the board, and made her move. Despite the lack of interest that both players had in the game, it appeared as though it would be wrapping up soon.

((4k3, 20 vs TN 30, 3/3 Failures))  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:38 am
Turning his head, Denbe offered a deferential nod. He wasn't entirely sure he could turn and bow without his shoulder opening up, or at least flaring enough pain to drop him to the floor again.

"Perhaps not so much as that. I've always believed there is more to a man than just his sword; or a man as myself, at least. I cannot say I didn't expect someone who did not think likewise to best me at a contest of the blade, but..."

He made a rather sour smile turned his head back to the contested ground.

"Rather embarrassing to suffer that sort of defeat to the Crane and not be able to say he was the champion afterward. Ah, well,"

It went without saying. The Hare did not often garner a great deal of attention. In some ways, they liked it that way. But he could not help but feel they were due more honor, more glory than he'd earned on the field that day. To be given a portion of their due would not be so bad. He thinned his eyes, studying the most recent two warriors. Absently, the fingers of his other hand caressed the hilt of his sheathed sword.

"Next time I shall know to be certain that my flesh is tougher, and my blade sharper."  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:58 pm
He stared at the ceiling of his tent, frowning. He had lost. 'Why... how was he able to block my attacks and so accurately hit me? How...' The Crane reached up, hand covering his left eye. 'Was it because of this? Could I not see through his defenses because of this cursed eye?'  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:05 pm
@ Go Competition:

Toyoko and Kyumi would spend so much time chatting amongst themselves, they hadn't even realized how much time had passed. The board was filled with stones, and not many territories were captured. The two would tally up territories, and Toyoko would win by a slim margin!

"Good game, Kyumi-san. I really enjoyed our time together!" Toyoko would tell the Lioness, bowing. "We must have tea soon, when we get the opportunity. We have much to talk about, I think. But it should be in a few days, so we can... scout out the competition." She would wink to Kyumi after the suggestion, and before long, they would be off to see Raicho.

--------------------

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It wouldn't be long before Kyumi would be facing her final opponent of the competition. This time, it would be a Dragon Man. He would only wear a vest on his upper body, revealing a lithe form decorated with ornate tattoos, as if in a scripture or cipher in some unknown mystical language. The top of his head was completely shaven, leaving only his eyebrows and a small fine beard. He appeared to be in his mid-twenties, but carried himself confidently.

"Greetings, Kitsu Kyumi. My name is Tamori Makoto. I will be your next opponent this evening." He would flash an assuring grin, reaching over to the nearby table and picking up a trio of white stones. He would toss them up and catch them in his other hand in one quick swipe, splaying his fingers for Kyumi afterwards, a stone lodged neatly between each one.

"I leave the choice of playing style to you, fair Kitsu maiden. But I warn you now; I seek to master them all."  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:47 pm
@ Behind the Scenes:

Sozen would gaze downward at the sulking Hare, and let out a sigh of distaste. "I lost to the same Crane too, I hope you realize."

There was a moment of anger in his voice, but he instead looked away after the final battle wrapped up.

"Don't look at it as having lost to someone who wasn't the champion. Rather, realize that if he didn't stand a chance, then neither did we. If we purge ourselves of imperfections that have been laid bare, then we can become victors next time."

Smirking, he would cast a partial gaze downward to Denbe. "Of course, by we, I mean me and me alone," he reassured him.

--------------------

Kagae would be moved to the Crab's tent, where he would be tended to by a few of the Magistrates' staff to take care of his wounds. As soon as they had been stabilized, two of his companions would be there to greet him: The shugenja, Kuni Kaori, and the warrior Hida Hogai.

"Welcome back to the land of the lucid, lad!" Hogai would boast, hands... er, you know what I mean... on his hips.

"Indeed. You performed admirably. Moreso than I thought you would, at least." Kaori would say to him, smiling awkwardly.

"Now, Kaori-san," Hogai would interrupt, shaking his bearded head. "He got to where he did all on his own. That's Kaiu ingenuity for you!" Laughing and clapping his right hand on Kagae's shoulder, he would grin broadly at him. "Your performance here today stands as a testament to what your ancestors have done for the safety of Rokugan. Well done."

--------------------

Naizen would tilt his head at the fellow Scorpion's question. "She received a briefing. I cannot tell you more than that."

He would reach up and clutch at the bandages from the wounds he had received earlier; his eyes would be focused on Kojiro's however.

"Our performance is unacceptable. Unless Maru wins the Courtier Debates, we did not gain any points nor notice this day. As skilled with the tongue as she may be, I fear she will not be able to compete with the likes of the Unicorn and Crane competing against her." He would pause, and then add, as if as an afterthought, "If we continue to compete in such a subpar manner, we will dishonor our Clan."

--------------------

Zanzen would be in his tent, after being treated by servants (and treated a good deal better, due to the servants sent as part of the delegation from the Crane). But as far as fellow samurai would go, he would be alone; Neither Koan, nor the third Crane, had returned from their own competitions yet.  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games