Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 2 Chapter 1: Daiippo/First Step Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 56 57 58 59 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tei Kae

Distinct Genius

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:16 pm
"Oh, a shame then..." She sealed the container uptight and watched to see if he was again going to relax. It was information after all, and it could all be useful. "I bet that the Crabs chef can prepare it so you don't even know it's in there. So perhaps Mrs. Kaiu's chef is one of those if she likes to use it."  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:28 pm
GM's notes:
Kojiro: -1k0 earth/water.
Denbe: -1k0 earth/void.
Kagae: -1k0 fire.
Seichiro: -1k0 earth/void.
Zanzen: -1k0 earth/water.
Kyumi: -1k0 fire/void.
Hisashi:None
Miyako: None

--------------------

Around this time, Hana would return with several bundles of scrolls in her arms, all sealed, but her mouth would twist into a frown now that her son seemed to be missing.

"I do hope he'll return soon. He'll miss his dinner." She turned to the others, needlessly adding, "He likes to lock himself in his workshop and play with his tools for hours on end. His father was the same way when he was younger, but he doesn't have the stamina for it these days."

Bowing her head as she moved to walk around everyone, she would set the scrolls to one side, trying to compose herself. "I hope everyone is hungry. I was told dinner would be here momentarily!"

True to her word, servants would soon arrive with platters of food - stir-fried daikon radishes, agedashi tofu, and gomokuzushi topped with sashimi. It doesn't appear as hot as it could have been, but this could be because of the large delay most of you had before showing up.

"Please, enjoy yourselves, and partake heartily of this meal. We thank the great warriors of the Crab who gave their lives on the Wall to allow us this meal," Hana would say as a brief grace, bowing her head in gratitude. She would await for everyone else to begin eating before doing so herself.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Sutiiven

Dapper Conversationalist

5,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:34 am
The courtier would watch quietly with a small smile on his face as Denbe and Miyako rambled back and forth with each other over the spices in his hand. Again he found this non-threatening dilemma to be amusing to witness, especially since it allowed him to take a break from his own job and just let things happen. While he was quite good at what he did, the fact that his compatriots often had a way of getting themselves deep in trouble and requiring him to worm their way out of it himself was something of a stressful act. Something small like this, on the other hand, was much more relaxing to watch... assuming no one drew weapons on each other.

Hisashi would bow slightly from his seated position in appreciation. "Thank you kindly, Lady Kaiu, it looks quite delicious." He would then gladly partake in the meal, as he was coming to the realization of just how surprisingly hungry he was this evening. It was indeed all delicious (if a wee bit on the colder side) and the mantis would eat away politely yet happily.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:04 pm
GM's notes:

--------------------

((Since no one really is posting anything to advance things...))

"So, I have to ask. If you all are part of this Jade Wardens group that Kagae-kun has mentioned, what brings you all the way out here? If it works anything like the Jade Magistrates, I imagine there's little to investigate on this side of the wall." Hana would take a roll with her chopsticks and almost-daintily eat it, becoming completely intrigued and fixated on the conversation once someone responds to her.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:46 pm
Denbe seemed chilled to the bone. Despite the stiffening terror he was wearing a nearly paper thin mask of a smile over, the Hare politely took an... extremely dainty little bite of the food, and ate it. No immediate disaster seemed to occur, but once the experimental sample was very carefully tucked into his cheek, thankfully far too small for him to have to worry over manners, he started speaking quietly.

Just to be safe on his manners, so there would be no worries of accidentally revealing the cheeking trick.

"Similar to that, yes. We take our orders from the Jade Magistrates. Had there been any serious danger of that sort about Kuda Mura, at least one magistrate would have been dispatched."

He considered the next part carefully, now that he had made sure she was not concerned by their presence. It felt rude to tell a mistruth to a host, even out of concern for preserving the mission, so he stuck with white lies. Telling her likely would not hurt, but if word spread, one never knew what ears were out there which might be more malign.

"We are passing through on our way to make contact with another magistrate, closer to the Wall."  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:56 pm
Miyako listened as Denbe spoke and found herself more impressed with the Hare than the courtier which she also found a delightful twist. Seemed the bunny had more between his ears than just head fluff. But she maintained a bit of quiet just to dispel any attention she might gain. She was not inclined to marriage even if her father didn't spoil her. Maybe if she found someone worthy of her. Or that was useful to her own plans.

There was no gusto of devouring or even a mimic of Lady Kaiu's more delicate behavior, instead choosing to be absorbed in her meal and be methodical about it even while actively listening for anything that was going on. Not very exciting, but her skills weren't exactly for this type of scenario after all. "Excellent meal, despite our late arrival, Lady Kaiu. I have no doubts of it's excellent preparation."  

Tei Kae

Distinct Genius

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:32 pm
@The Kaiu Estates

The Scorpion joined Lady Kaiu in issuing her grace and ate the excellent food quietly. He really couldn't complain about it being cold, what with the walk he took. What really occupied his mind was what was up with those Ashigaru. Few ran from Scorpions on sight....and Kojiro was sure that the only people that knew of his reputation who would run from him were his fellow scorpions.

Denbe was the one to respond to Lady Kaiu's question...and played it close to the kimono. Kojiro had expected Denbe to be more earnest than this. Interesting.  
Plainsfox rolled 5 10-sided dice: 2, 6, 5, 1, 7 Total: 21 (5-50)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:48 pm
@The Kaiu Estates

Kojiro may as well voice his confusion to the Lady. "I have a question to ask of you, Lady Kaiu. We met a couple of ashigaru earlier today who seemed quite frightened of us as Scorpions. Have their been instances with our clan here in the past?

OOC
Awareness/etiquette to make sure he's phrasing this as politely as possible.
Raises: 1 to help avoid any perception of offense here.
Results: 17  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:22 am
@The Kaiu Estates

Not being one of much speech, Zanzen kept to himself, letting the others deal with the talking. As such, he ate slowly, listening to the conversation.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:19 pm
GM's notes:

--------------------

Kaiu Hana would listen to Denbe, nodding as he explained that there was no threat to Kuda Mura. "I understand. I, for one, am always relieved to hear that my home is safe. In Crab lands, we never know how long that will be the case for. That could change at a moment's notice," she explained. "If you are en route to meet with an agent of the Jade Champion, then I take it you are simply passing through? The matter sounds urgent. You even seem a bit pale right now speaking of this, Ujina-san."

She would smile and nod to Miyako when she spoke. "I will send your regards to my cooks. They will be delighted to know that you are enjoying their cooking. It is so seldom that they have the opportunity to cook for more than the three of us."

At Kojiro's concerns, Hana's face would lose a little bit of emotion, to more of a business demeanor. "No. Truth be told, we seldom have any interaction with any of the clans, save the former Falcon inor Clan, and the Crane. This far inland, we get so few visitors. The Scorpion are a clan of intrigue, whereas we have so little time for much beyond defense. Our clans have so little to offer one another." Thinking carefully, taking a moment to sip her tea, she would conclude, "It sounds to me that you must have startled them, and nothing more. I wouldn't think much of it."

Around this time, dinner would be finishing up, and servants began taking finished trays of food away. "I'm not sure if all of you saw my invitation for all of you to stay in the estate. It strikes me as unfair for you to suffer lesser lodging, while your companion rests from his trip in better conditions. Will you be taking me up on my offer?" Hana would ask, a slight bit overeager to hear your responses to her proposition.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox rolled 4 10-sided dice: 1, 6, 7, 7 Total: 21 (4-40)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:48 pm
@The Kaiu Estates

"For my part, I would be most honored to be a guest in your home, Lady Kaiu. Thank you for your offer. If you don't mind, I'll need to retrieve my bag from the Husk and Shell. I'll be back with it shortly.

Kojiro would then bow properly and head down to the Husk and Shell to get his bag and then....try to track the trail of the ashigaru as they came to the Inn. Before that, he would have a servant send his bag to the Kaiu estates with the word that he would be taking a short walk before returning to the Kaiu home. If he failed to pick up a track, he would return to the Kaiu estates.

OOC:
Perception/Tracking (4k2 No explosions)
Results: 14  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:55 pm
That caught Denbe by surprise, and the poor Hare almost flushed in emberassment over being so unbalanced. That would not really have helped the whole cycle though.

...still, pale was better than red and swollen, right?

"I would be honored to accept your hospitality," the Hare agreed, quite happy to have cut away from both of the more sensitive previous subjects.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:58 pm
@ Kaiu Estate

"I will accept your hospitality." He bowed his head after he spoke, slightly.  
Tei Kae rolled 10 10-sided dice: 4, 3, 7, 2, 1, 10, 6, 1, 1, 4 Total: 39 (10-100)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:04 pm
Miyako was still of two minds about everything, but if she didn't want to draw attention to herself. "I would be most honored to accept your invitation." and hoped she wouldn't regret it later. She was seated next to Denbe still after all and had the cumin in her lap. "Although, Lady Kaiu, if I might have a bit of your time later, I have something that I think only you can help me with." She smiled politely as she could before accepting whatever answer she was given and then continued eating.

{{7k4+3 Courtier/Awareness (Manipulation) + a few in case of explode-y
1 raise to make it seem as if she could really need -Lady Kaiu- in particular to help her. Everyone likes to feel important =31 - 5 for raise = 26}}  

Tei Kae

Distinct Genius

Sutiiven

Dapper Conversationalist

5,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:07 pm
Rain Yupa
"I'm not sure if all of you saw my invitation for all of you to stay in the estate. It strikes me as unfair for you to suffer lesser lodging, while your companion rests from his trip in better conditions. Will you be taking me up on my offer?" Hana would ask, a slight bit overeager to hear your responses to her proposition.

Hisashi would shake his head. "No, I'm afraid I had not received the invitation. I'd hate to be a bother, but I definitely don't wish to be rude by turning down such a polite invitation." He would be politely bow to the Lady Kaiu in appreciation of the offer.  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 56 57 58 59 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games