Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Second Year Classes
History of Magic II (1/4) *New Class 2/10* Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 24 25 26 27 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:40 am
CUIUVIS HOMINIS EST ERRARE, NULLIUS NISI INSIPIENTIS IN ERRORE PRESEVARE.Tout ce qui brille n'est pas or.一笑解千愁

Anyone can err, but only the fool persists in his faultAll that glitters is not gold.A smile can erase a million worries.
User Image
I was kept in a castle safe from the world of magic: ignorance is bliss, yes?
Please don't worry about me, though: I can make my own path in time.

I am a second year.
❤My blood type is B+, oh was that not your question?
I am a pureblood witch who was believed for ten years to be a Squib like my father.
My wand is... 8 ½ inches, acacia wood, with fairy hair core, springy, and spiraled.
❤My directions say I am... in History of Magic II
My time on the clock is Thrusday, Block 5 (1-1:45 pm)

❤ You want to know more about me? Wearing: My Uniform ❤ (Oh and my big brother? He's a 4th year Ravenclaw.)

User Image

Cathy was as thrilled about being in History of Magic class as usual. She loved the subject and sat down next to Danica who seemed to have some kind of crush or whatever on Professor Powell judging by how much she was trying to win him over. Cathy really didn't mind, but she wondered if it would make Professor Powell favor her friend, and either way it sort of concerned Cathy because most people didn't like teacher's pets. Smiling at Danica for a moment she turned back and listened to the lecture about the Ollivander family and stared a bit when he asked them to take out their wands and look at them and then write a short paragraph about why their wand might have chosen them.

Frowning slightly she considered the question and then began to write:

Quote:
My wand is 8 1/2 inches long, made of Acacia Wood, with a fairy hair core, is springy and spiraled. I figure my wand is shorter than some wands because I'm not all that tall by nature, and its core of fairy hair is the same as my big brother's and my mum's wands. It might be because I like being connected to my family, but I heard fairy hair is good for charmwork which is the only magic that is really easy for me. As for the wood, I don't know all that much about it as it is apparently sort of an unusual wood choice but my middle name is Acacia so maybe the wand thought it was amusing to pick me because of that?

Smiling she set down her quill. The idea of why a wand would chose you was intriguing. Wasn't there a wandlore class to chose as an elective next year? Maybe it would be fun to take?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:53 am
º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø
"I like swimming,"

¦Gunilda Stone¦
Slytherin Second-year

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
"Having fun,"

Another day, another History of Magic lesson, Gunilda sighed and reluctantly took a seat and forced herself to listen. Today's subject was wand-making, and they were to write about their own wand. The slytherin groaned at the thought of doing actual work, and was half tempted to drop a dung bomb (she'd already dropped one in the corridor outside out of boredom) or something. Half-heartedly she took her trusty wand out of her pocket and set it on her desk. "A nature lover, gatherer and swimmer, I see I see! Now, this wand is just right for you...Mahogany with a Coral core, somewhat flexible, 12 inches long." That was what the man in Ollivander's had told her, after she had tried two other wands which hadn't emitted even a spark. When she had this darkly coloured wand, cored with coral and waved it excitedly, flowers had bloomed from the top, Gunilda remembered it well, her own surprise at the flowers suddenly shooting out, a small bouquet, ready to be plucked and used. She stroked her wand fondly and decided she might as well work. After taking one long look at her elegant looking wand, she put quill to parchment;

Quote:
"My wand is 12 inches long, a little flexible and is made of Mahagony with a Coral core. I guess if I had to think about why my wand chose me I'd agree with what the wandmaker said when I got it; I like to gather and swim. That sort of makes sense when I think about it. At home I spend a lot of time swimming in the lake outside, so maybe the coral reflects my relationship with nature. I like my wand as I think it suits me, and it reminds me of home and water, and it's quite powerful. I'd only tried two wands before this one and this wand bloomed flowers when I waved it; rosemary fennel and thyme. My wand also reminds me of home, as I have lived in the countryside most of my life, so I guess a wand with a nature related core makes sense. I have no idea what Mahagony could mean though, although it looks nice.

That was all she could think to write, although Gunilda was surprised she had managed to write even that much about it in the first place. She cringed inwardly, a little embarassed to have gotten so into what she had been writing. Oh well, at least it had been a little interesting, and there was a wandlore class as an elective she had heard about. Maybe it would go well with potions, Gunilda thought with a relaxed yawn, dropping her head onto her hands, fingers twirling her teal quill round and round, quickly becoming disinterested in the lesson again.

Out Of Cauldrons:

"And trying my best"
º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø

-Fizztastic Rain-

Golden Explorer

12,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:27 pm

User Image

__________________________________________________________________________________________
              sσмє тнιиɢs scяαтcн тнє sυяғαcє ωнιℓє σтнєяs sтяιкє αт чσυя sσυℓ

User Image

Camila sat beside Morven and neatly braided her hair, curling the strands around her fingers as she weaved. She hardly paid the professor much attention, it was better that way. She couldn't argue or rebuttal if she didn't know what was going on, but it wasn't exactly easy to open up the 'nothing' box inside of her brain and just sit inside of it. Her brothers could do it for hours! They made it look so easy. So she just fiddled with her hair, picked at the loose strands of her robes or on the hem of her skirts. Suddenly, she realized the rest of her classmates began scribble dutifully. She blinked and leaned her head over to glance down at the first couple of words on Morven's scroll. ”What are we doing?” She whispered. Most everyone seemed to have their wands out except—no, even she had her wand. So she mimicked the others as best she could, and stared down at her wand blankly.

[OOC://]

╔════════════════════╗
              ═━┈ Second Year Slytherin┈━═
              History of Magic Class
              Dressed in:
              Slytherin Uniform
              12 years old5' 2"122lbshalfblood
              ╚════════════════════╝

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:23 pm
I will keep quiet.
You won’t even know I’m here.
You won’t suspect a thing.
You won’t see me in the mirror.
But I crept into your heart...
You can’t make me disappear-
'Til I make you!
I made myself at home...

In the cobwebs and the lies: Grim
I’m learning all your tricks: ...
I can hurt you from inside: Second Years
I made myself a promise: History of Magic

M O R V E N | G R A I N N E | V A S S
B L O O D T R A I T O R | S L Y T H E R I N | S E C O N D Y E A R User Image

Morven had just finished writing; dotting a period, she put down her quill. Just then someone whispered, and she turned to see Camila leaning over, obviously clueless as to what they were doing. Oh, right, she'd been braiding her hair. Morven had seen out of the corner of one blue eye. She could have been condescending, but she could understand the other girl's lack of attention. "Writing about our wands," she whispered back. "And why we think it 'chose us'." The sarcasm was evident even with how low her voice was at the moment. She raised an eyebrow and went back to staring at her own wand, tracing the path of the roses winding around the shaft and the little etched thorns jutting out .

YOU WILL NEVER SEE ME CRY.

Essy ze Ninja

You’ll never know what hit you...
Won’t see me closing in...
I’m gonna make you suffer...
This hell you put me in!
I’m underneath your skin...
The devil within...
I will be here;
When you think you’re all alone.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:09 am
User Image

єugene єridanos ωindsor

Ravenclaw Second Year Half-Blood Keeper

User Image
xxxxxxxx All of your flaws and all of my flaws,
------------------------------------------------- When they have been exhumed
xxxxxxxx We'll see that we need them to be who we are
------------------------------------------- Without them we'd be doomed

-------- ✦ You've have always worn your flaws upon your sleeve ✦ --------

Eugene seemed to be interested about wand-making, honestly he was starting to admire the Ollivanders. Imagine putting your effort on the wizards' best friend for great use by using the best products? That was so great, he would say.

When the professor told them to write at least a good pragraph about their wand and why they chose them, Eugene did not like the idea of writing essays, but he still took a parchment and wrote anyway with a ballpen.

Eugene
My wand is Bendy 9 inches with Rowan Wood with Centaur Hair as a core with a Spiraled Shaft. I was not sure why my want is shorter than my dad's, but I guess it has something to do with our height and levels of personality I guess. Though, we have the same bendy wand with a spiraled shaft though, I think the bendy thing has something to do with me being so passive and being okay with anything. The Rowan Wood, according to the book my dad lent me last summer, has something to do with my birthday. It said that not one wizard or witch who wielded at Rowan wand ever became a dark wizard/witch, which makes sense because I was pretty much not of a really funny and had no intention of doing something negative I guess. While Centaur Hair, on the other hand, was adept in casting defensive charms. So maybe, it was because I'm pretty much defensive??

-------- And I have always buried them deep beneath theground --------

User Image
Dig them up, let's finish what we've started

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Dig them up, so nothing's left untouched

With: Second Years, Professor Powell
Attire: [x]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:41 am
~Beginning of a New Year~

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:42 am
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

Hɪsᴛᴏʀʏ ᴏғ Mᴀɢɪᴄ || Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ Pʀᴏғᴇssᴏʀ || Sᴛᴜᴅʏ ᴏғ Aɴᴄɪᴇɴᴛ Rᴜɴᴇs

════════════════════════

Grayson stopped reading his book as more and more of the students for the class walked in. He looked over each of them, wondering not for the first time if any of them would be interested in what he'd teach. He remembered Binns and the way he put most students to sleep, and decided that he would at least try to not put any of the students to sleep. He took his feet off the desk and stood, hoping that by doing so, he would at least give off a presence instead of looking bored.

"Hello class, and welcome back to History of Magic. I know that perhaps most of you don't remember much from the last year, so I figured that for this first class, we would review what you learned last year, just to brush up before we jump headlong into this year's curriculum." He looked about, making sure that everyone was paying attention, before continuing. "Can anyone here tell me precisely what you have learned last year? You don't have to give me the full information, as I would prefer to see if everyone payed attention in class. One subject per student, if you would."

════════════════════════
                                            Location: History of Magic Classroom
                                            Thinking: New year!
                                            OOC:

Now where did I put that wand?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:05 pm
User Image
Dylan
Burgamy

RavenclawSecond Year12 Years OldSingle

Dylan entered into the familiar History of Magic classroom, one class he didn't mind too much. The subjects were interested. A few arguments had also taken place in this room, but he hoped this year would be a better. He took a seat near the front, being one of the first ones there. He quietly taking out his things for the class and busying himself with working on the homework he had received earlier in the week until class started. Thankfully, he did remember quite a bit from last year's class. He raised his hand and spoke out once he was called on. "We learned about the founders of Hogwarts. Godric Gryffindor, Salazar Slytherin, Rowena Ravenclaw and Helga Hufflepuff, I believe."

OOC:
Attire: Ravenclaw robes
Company: Other second years

Quote:

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:46 pm
User Image

❋Benjamin Rivers-Blakely❋
Second year|Ravenclaw|12

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

Benjamin walked into the History of Magic class, feeling humbled a bit. He had gotten called out in Herbology by a fellow classmate, Elliot Holt...well, not particularly called out, but in his standards, yes he did. But the worst part, he proved how uninformed Benjamin was in the class and yes...he felt stupid for it. He didn't even blame Elliot for it, because he was correct. It was a stupid response and was going to be picked apart by the teacher really. So, in reality, the boy may have saved the class from an even bigger lecture and more importantly, humbled Benjamin's thought that he was smarter than everyone else and brought it down, because he was indeed wrong. Benjamin was okay with admitting it at that point.

He took a seat at the center back of the classroom, bound and determined to not say a word. His professor began teaching and asked what they had learned from the previous year. Benjamin wasn't even going to say a word on this one, fearing that he was just going to be wrong again. It just truthfully wasn't a good idea, because not only did he word his answers terribly, he could be wording the wrong thing as well, which in the end, was just going to really backfire on him.

So, he stood there and took notes on the people who did happen to answer the questions, the first and only at the time being Dylan of Ravenclaw, who just said that they learned about the founders, which he didn't feel he had to write down because there wasn't a specific on it that he needed to know. He knew about the founders from before the class that they had learned it anyway.

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

OOC:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:27 pm
User ImageXXXXXXXXXXUser Image
My silence was the silence, silence of rocks,
My silence, it was the silence of the stones,
Rocks and stones,
Rocks, stones and trees;
Of the landscapes
Full of ups and downs.

Timothy walked into the classroom not exactly looking forward to the class but excited nonetheless. He took a seat near the front so that Professor Powell could read his notes since he didn't think the older man could read BSL and didn't want to chance it. Once he had sat down and pulled out all his things for note taking before they as a class were asked what they had learned last year as part of a review, mainly like they had been asked in the rest of their classes. Dylan, a fellow Ravenclaw, had already answered so he began scribble down not only that answer but one of his own. He enlarged the print so that the professor could easily read it and not strain himself. "We also learned about the Chamber of Secrets that was created by Salazar Slytherin and it's history and importance."

Quote:

Quote:

After the all commotion, [Uniform]
Ruffle and rustle, [History Classroom]
Saw I silence, [Class]
All quiet and silently [Learning]
Prevailing upon. [OOC]
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:48 pm
User Image

ℂ𝕌ℝℝ𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕃𝕐
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          Single
                                                          Looking Cute in History of Magic with Second Years
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Nervous
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx
                                                          ❝ I don't remember anything... ❞

╚═══════════════════════════════╝

Mary have mercy, now look what I've done. ❦ ❦ ❦xxx
                                                          But don't blame me because I can't help where I come from. ❦ ❦ ❦xxxxxx
                                                          And running is something that we've always done, ❦ ❦ ❦xxxxxxxxx
                                                          Well and mostly I can't even tell what I'm running from. ❦ ❦ ❦xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ═══════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spacePersephone settled into a seat towards the back of the classroom, taking out her things but not saying a word. She didn't even look up when Professor Powell started the lecture, knowing she had nothing to contribute. She couldn't remember much of anything she'd learned the previous year; the events of her vacation had pretty much wiped everything else from her memory. She sighed softly, taking notes on her fellow classmates' replies. At least when someone else spoke up, their words seemed familiar. Not completely blank, then. Just hidden. Hopefully she'd catch up quickly.

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxx❦ ❦ ❦ I cannot run from my family, they're hiding inside me,
                                                          xxxxxx❦ ❦ ❦ Corpses on ice, come in if you like, but just don't tell my family.
                                                          xxxxxxxxx❦ ❦ ❦ They'd never forgive me, they say that I'm crazy,
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx❦ ❦ ❦ But they would say anything if it would shut me up.

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:13 pm
User Image

ℂ𝕌ℝℝ𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕃𝕐
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          Single
                                                          Looking Smart in History of Magic with Second Years
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Bored
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx
                                                          ❝ Meh, review. ❞

╚═══════════════════════════════╝

If you thought I'd leave ❃ ❃ ❃xxx
                                                          Then you were wrong ❃ ❃ ❃xxxxxx
                                                          'Cause I won't stop holding on ❃ ❃ ❃xxxxxxxxx
                                                          ═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceElliott took a seat next to Timothy, one of his dormmates. He didn't know the other boy very well, or at all really, but he liked the guy well enough. Timothy was quiet, and spent a lot of time reading. Both of which were traits Elliott liked in a person. Merlin knows he didn't know nearly enough quiet people, who liked to read or otherwise. He took out his notes from the previous year, figuring that they'd be reviewing before they got to anything new. Boring, but whatever. He supposed it wasn't awful to have a refresher course. Still, he didn't bother to speak up; both the others who'd answered were in his house, he figured it was only fair to give someone else a chance, after all. He did wonder at Timothy's method of answering though; he knew that other boy wrote everything down rather than speaking, and wondered why. Presumably, he was mute, though why was anyone's guess. Perhaps he'd been born with his vocal chords not properly developed? Suffered an accident? Not that it was any of his business, but he couldn't help his curiosity.

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxx❃ ❃ ❃ Because I've seen love die
                                                          xxxxxx❃ ❃ ❃ Way too many times
                                                          xxxxxxxxx❃ ❃ ❃ When it deserved to be alive

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:19 pm
User Image
User Image

User Image Location: History (Thursday 1:00pm – 2:00pm)

Mira leisurely strolled into her Thursday class from the Great Hall. Honestly she would have stayed downstairs in the dungeons but figured her sister would kill her for not attending a history lesson. Hard to believe the fifth year Gryffindor would, considering she hated history just as much. Then again she was always one to follow school rules.

Sitting at the back of the class Mira found herself sitting next to a Hufflepuff... What as her name... Persephone? Getting her stuff out the Slytherin listened to the lecture, only to begin drawing on a piece of parchment. She had nothing she wished to add, so she just went to keeping herself occupied. Honestly she didn't care who she sat beside or what the class was about. Sure she paid attention but at least she wasn't disrupting class.

User Image

With: Class... Persephone

Wearing: Slytherin Uniform

OOC: ---

Spice the Rat

Anger and resentment,
A dark path you tread,
I would be careful, young one,
But, I know where you belong...
Slytherin!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:09 pm
User Image

Age:Eleven Wand:11 1/2inches, Maple, and Dragon Heartstring Pet: Artemis

Ari made her way into the History classroom. She dreaded this class more than any other of the classes but she couldn't bring herself to skip it. She saw Benjamin sitting by himself looking a bit depressed. She wondered if he just wanted to be left alone or if he just really needed some cheering up. She paused trying to decide if she should sit elsewhere but decided that her friend probably could use a laugh or two and that's what she was good at. She waved at Elliot as she passed him to go harass her other friend.

As she made her way next to him she nudged him with her elbow, "Chin up." She smiled encouragingly at him as she plopped down in a desk next to him.

RedEagleEye007

amo10690

Greedy Shopper

7,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:42 am
User Image

❋Benjamin Rivers-Blakely❋
Second year|Ravenclaw|12

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

He had sat there for awhile in silence, that is, until Ari had plopped into a seat next to him. He did get a chuckle out of what she had said however, a smile forming on his face. "You sound like my mother. She literally says the exact same thing," he admitted to her, reminiscing on when he was at home. He missed his parents a little bit, but he also wanted to learn more and more; so naturally, he was okay with being at Hogwarts. Plus, he had friends too...like Ari and Nina and a few acquaintances. Really wasn't that bad here.

"I'm fine really, just kind of tired," he admitted to her, shrugging his shoulders, but finally sitting up. He wanted to make sure that she knew he was listening if she said anything really. It was only proper to sit straight up when talking to someone, something that was drilled into his head by his parents as a young boy.

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

OOC:
amo10690

Quote:

Quote:

Second Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 24 25 26 27 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items