Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Arc 3 - Glimmers in the Dark (Main Roleplay) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 99 100 101 102 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:06 am
"Excuse me ma'am. We are trying to get together some suplies to make a phylactery to hold my brother's soul, and were told that you may ne able to help us." The goliath, in her dark armor and skull motiffs, made sure that her weapon, and the symbol of Kuliak showed to the woman.

She would have taken a moment to look in on Augmahl on the way, but would go speak to him afterwards.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:54 pm
Revenge would briefly look towards where he remembered Faeleen being before, seeing the bed surrounded by staff and him unable to see her. However, he was not a doctor and would do nothing to assist her than further crowding her and being in the way of those who could treat her.

Walking a few steps behind Kuori, he would say to the Goliath, "If you need me to help identify the supplies you listed earlier, or possible alternatives, let me know. I'm sure between Irene and myself, we can get you what you need, if they have the materials here."  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:44 pm
Breezy Brightsprocket

User Image

Breezy would giggle at Valac. "No silly, get into the main cabin, you wouldn't fit in here."

Once Valac moved into the carriage Breezy would pop out of a concealed door in the wall and strike a pose."Tada! I can get anywhere in my creatio...oh right, there's a dead guy in here." With her thunder stolen by the corpse wrapped in a sheet on the floor the little gnome would cuddle up next to valac. Her coveralls were splattered with stains and she smelt strongly of grease and oil. She would cling to one of Valac's large muscular arms and look up at him with her large bright inquisitive looking looking eyes. She would speak to him almost in awe. "So, besides cleaving the face off a purple worm, what other amazing things have you done? I can't imagine what it must be like to be so strong and powerful!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the medical ward...

The middle aged lady would look up from the tome she was busily writing in and be startled suddenly see Kuori standing in front of her in her intimidating armor. "Oh! Oh my, uh yes. I am in charge of the ritual tomes and supplies the army has stocked here in this fort. I'm afraid I'd have to get permission to sell such items to you though and I'd have to charge what it would take to replace the lost supplies. You said, uh, you wanted to make a phylactery? Do you happen to know the name of the magic ritual you are trying to cast? It will help me figure out what you will need, if permission is granted."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the public bathing area...

Ruin has a nice relaxing bath! His clothes and armor are still a little worse for wear after the acid bath but they now smell a lot better and are still usable"  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:47 am
Ilikan hopped off of the wagon when they arrived, stretching and feeling restless with the job not really even started, though he fault the others. If only he'd known the way, perhaps he'd have started off without the guide, but there was no use in speculating ifs and maybes.

Before he could wander off to check in on some of the random soldiers from about the fort he was approached by the soldier, giving the man a nod of greeting, hearing him out and considering the question a moment before deciding again that neither tact nor lies were his style.

"Purple worm. Small one, I think. She kept a level head, stayed safely apart from it until the mage went down its gullet. Should have seen her soon as it was dead though," he chuckled, catching himself after a moment and giving the man an apologetic look.

"Girl has a vigor. I'll be keeping an eye on her, but you have to let her exercise it, or she'll only seek another way."  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:24 pm
"We are looking to cast Spirit Idol ma'am. On my brother. It will help him serve as a navigator for us in the Underdark and, with any luck I can become powerful enough to raise him while I am down there and it will make sure his corpse remains able to hold his soul." She smiles nervously, feeling slightly crazy now that she has said it out loud.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:15 am
Valac would stop thoughtfully, stroking his chin very deliberately before answering, "Well I guess it'd be like being this wagon all the time if you do want to imagine it. Stronger than many ox!"

"Hmm... I'm lacking examples I've slew many men but not many great beasts it's why I'm out here and so far it has not been boring. There was this one time though..." Valac begun as he pulled out his old Fullblade unsheathing it slightly to let the flame show. "Where we went to this mad mage's mansion and he wanted us to kill this giant man-eating plant..."

Valac recounted the tale with as much enthusiasm as the enclosed space would allow.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:05 pm
"Show me the way to go home. I am tired and I wanna go to bed. I thought about a drink an hour ago and it went straight to my head..." Ruin sang as he reequipped his armor and gear. before setting out to find anything interesting, Or any member of his party(DM"s preference).  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:50 pm
Breezy Brightsprocket

User Image

At the carriage...

Inside the carriage Breezy would listen intently to Valac with an almost dreamy look in her eyes. "Wow...Adventures always have the most fascinating of stories. You guys get to do such amazing things! I wish I could be strong and powerful and fight wizards and monsters. Instead I have to live vicariously through my mechanical creations. And you are going to be going to the Underdark and everything too. I'm so Jealous!"

Outside the carriage Mr. Roland would raise and eyebrow at Ilikan's words. "A purple worm you say. Even if it was a young one, taking one down is no small feat. Those things have laid waste to entire towns." Mr. Roland would shake his head. "The lady has always had more spunk then she knows what to do with. After spending a life holed up in a mansion I think it comes from finally getting to live the life she always wanted to live. Her passion for experiencing new things is inspiring. But she is still quite naive about the world. I'm glad she has someone like you to guide her in my absence."

After a moment Mr. Roland would add on, somewhat nervously. "...She didn't do anything too weird did she, after you slayed the worm?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the medical ward...

"Oh, wow. That's quite a goal...Spirit Idol you say...hmm?" The woman would close her eyes and massages her temples as she thought about the request. "Hmm...that ritual doesn't sound familiar but I will check our library." The lady would get up from her desk and move to some bookshelves packed with tomes in the back of her room. After some rummaging she would come back with a ritual book. "Ah, yes I believe I found it. We do have it here in this ritual book. I don't know if it has ever been used before though. hmm..It looks like the magical components to cast this ritual will cost about 150 gold for us to replace plus a focus worth at least that much for the soul to reside in. To sell you the ritual itself would cost about 520 gold but as long as it doesn't leave the fort's premises I might be able to just lend it to you to be returned once the ritual is done. Once again though, I will need permission from the general to do any of this."

((Kouri does remember she was already given a note from the General that allowed her to get supplies from the fort for their journey.))

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

((I forgot to pass this to Ruin earlier.))

As Ruin finishes with his bath his unseen servant finally catches back up to him. He reveals that the hole left by the purple worm led to an extensive network of tunnels of which he did not have to completely explore. However he is pretty certain they run all the way to the Underdark. He did not see any other worms in the tunnels but he feels the network is too extensive to have been made simply by one worm. Ruin feels the tunnels could potentially be a path to reach the underdark though finding there way through that labyrinth would be much more of a challenge and require spelunking gear. The tunnels would most likely be free of most other creatures but there is a chance to run into another purple worm.

As ruin leaves the baths he sees the carriage is still in the fort's courtyard with Ilikan standing beside it talking to the guards. He knows most of the rest of the party went back to the healing ward though Ruin is free to wander around the half constructed fort as he likes.  

Kowsauni
Crew

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:22 am
Given his newfound aversion of Purple Worms, and his low skill at climbing, the short one shuttered at the thought of fighting one in a vertical environment and would prefer to use the tunnel the army used. But, it was an option he would put forth to the others.

For now, he wanted to celebrate life, but... Truth be told he didn't know what he wanted to do. So, he would joyfully wander around for a bit before trying to figure out how he could help with construction of the fort.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:32 pm
Brings a piece of paper from her pocket. "The general gave us free reign for whatever we needed." She presents it to the woman and adds, "I can still pay though." She pulls out a hefty gold pouch. "Man ... I should really trade in for some platinum while we're here." She looks to the woman, "300 gold pieces and if you would like I can leave a retainer with you while we go do the ritual, but we will not be leaving the fort, his body is in the cart we came in on."  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:46 pm
"Have you even tried fighting a monster?" Asked Valac as he stood up as much as he could in the wagon. Giving Breezy a tap on the arm he stepped outside and called in, "Come on, you can try fighting me and see if you like the lifestyle. I'm monstrous enough right?"

"Are ya up for it?"  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:48 pm
This time, he couldn't resist laughing, holding his sides and grinning. "Climbed right into the beast's maw to study it better!" The warden caught himself laughing even more before remembering to reassure "Well after it was definitively dead." Didn't want him to think his ward was going about feeding herself to possibly live monsters.

There might have been something more reassuring, or a chance to ask about what exactly the girl studied and did there, so someone who'd explain it in a way that'd make sense to him might be able to- that left his mind though, as Valac exited the wagon, calling out a challenge to the tiny tinkerer inside.

"...do we need to stop that?" He mused thoughtfully to Roland. Valac certainly didn't seem to be in the same killing mindset he'd been earlier, but he wanted to be sure the spectacle potentially about to enfold would be comedy rather than tragedy.

He'd have offered to place bets if he didn't think everyone present would put their money on the barbarian.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:25 pm
Breezy Brightsprocket

User Image

Breezy would initially laugh at Valac's words not realizing he was serous. "What? Me fight a monster? Hahaha, that preposterous! I'm not strong or powerful. I can barely lift my own tools, that's why I build things instead."

Once Valac got up and walked out of the wagon Breezy began to look worried. She moved to the carriage door and began to tap her fingers together nervously. "Oh, you are being serous...I-I don't think this is a very good idea. I admire adventures but I don't think I am cut out to be one. Well..."

Breezy would shut the carriage door and after a moment or so the carriage would roar back to life billowing smoke out of the top of two cylindrical stacks. Breezy would pop open a hatch on the top of the carriage and swing up a piece of equipment mounted to the frame. the strange weapon looked like a miniature ballista with several tubes coming out of it leading back into the carriage. "I built this to protect the Whooshwagon but it runs on steam you see, so I could not use it while the wagon was broken earlier."

Mr. Roland looked visibly relieved at Ilikan's words but then would quielty comment as Breezy reapeared on the top of the wagon.. "Oh ,boy...well I better n** this in the bud." He would then stride out and stand between Valac and the carriage at Breezy zeroed in her strange weapon. "Ms. Breezy I don't think this is what Mr. Valac had in mind when he challenged you to a friendly match of sparring. Don't you think this is perhaps a bit deadly and inappropriate for the inside of military installation?"

Breezy would roll her eyes. "Well, yeah, that's why I said I didn't think it was a good good of an idea, but how else am I suppose to fight him? With my noodle arms?" Several soldiers nearby took notice of the commotion and began to watch. For all her engineering brilliance It was becoming apparent that Breezy lacked a certain level of social understanding.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The clerk would take the note from Kuori and look it over. "Hmm, well this is specifically written to the quartermaster so I don't know if it necessarily applies here but is is authorizing you to take whatever supplies you need for your journey. General Valmist must consider your task of the utmost importance hmm..."

While the clerk pondered Kuori's offer, one of the healers in the medical ward would run up to Revenge. "Paladin, we need help! One of our wounded has slipped into a coma and nothing we are doing seems to help. We think...we think the cause might be more spiritual in nature then physical. You connected with her before, perhaps you can reach her now." The healer would motion over to a bed you Revenge would recognize it as where Faleen was. The healer would look over at Kuori as well. "You...you are a cleric too, yes? Perhaps you could help as well!!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ruin wanders around the fort and sees everyone rushing around doing their tasks. The place is no less busy then when they arrived earlier that day. Most people don't pay him any attention as they are focused on their own work. now that he is clean too he no longer receives the curious glances he wrought before. All the jobs he sees he could potentially help out with are physical in nature. Moving supplies from one place to another, hammering beams into place, laying down stones and bricks, there are even some mages using magic to move massive stones in place to make a wall.  
Rain Yupa rolled 3 20-sided dice: 2, 19, 7 Total: 28 (3-60)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:25 pm
"Spirit Idol? I'm unfamiliar with th-" Revenge had started, before being interrupted by one of the healers.

"Excuse me, Kuori. My duties demand I see to this. It seems We can trade off if either would be better suited to see to the other's matter." He would bow his head respectfully up to the Goliath, before turning back to the healer. "Lead the way."

Approaching the bed, he would give Faeleen a twice-over check; once for her physical being (outside of her obvious head injury that she had last time), and once to see if he could sense anything profane about her.

Quote:
Heal +7 = 9 for general examination (Dammit Jim, I'm a Paladin, not a Doctor)
Religion +10 = 29 for spiritual examination
Just because, Dungeoneering +7 = 14 for perhaps some monstery juju.

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:00 am
"Deadly? I'll be the judge of that!" Valac said grinning holding his arms open, presenting his torso nice and wide, "Take your best shot! A man once told me 'if you're going to be dumb you've got to be tough' and I'm plenty tough. He also said to fight smarter not harder but he never made much sense to me only a little. Let's see if your smarts can beat my tough!"  
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 99 100 101 102 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games