Welcome to Gaia! ::

THoR

Back to Guilds

Freeform RP and general place to hang out! 

Reply Role Play Archival (Completed or "On Hiatus" RPs)
One who made me (dooone) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:54 pm
"I despised him for a very long time too." With a lack of any sort of comment, Rosemary figured that Jacob wasn't taking the bad bite very well. Being not in the mood to be angry at him yet, she offered him her arm to help support him.

"There is hardly any smell of blood left too. It should reek of it. There should have been a crater where the pet area is. I blew it up. Maybe you should do like a fast scan for evil presences or something if you can Jacob. I'm going to retrieve BlackMN."

Rosemary left and then came back a few minutes later. "Please check her when you are able to too and Daphne. They both were possessed."

"Whoa! With all that noise I had heard, I thought this place would be in ruins...but where is the dead demon smell?"

"Cian when we all prepare to rest, I'm going to temporarily prevent your exit from your room because you're powerful and I'm not sure about you and mostly to make Daphne feel safer while you're around... that is as long as she agrees not to run away." Rosemary wouldn't help her anymore if she did. She didn't even have to help her now.

"I would also like to speak with you privately when you feel up to it," She looked at Daphne.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:11 am
Cian caught the undercurrent of Rosemary's proclaimation and nodded willingly. "I understand completely. Please do what you need to do to ensure her--" he nodded toward Daphne--"ease and safety." The intelligence was bright in his eyes but his "creation" didn't notice it.

Daphne looked at Rosemary in a new light. Her eyes shown with gratitude. Her thoughts repeated the single phrase "Thank you." it ran through her mind with the speed of a race horse. Thought running into thought. She felt so relieved.

"I won't run." Daph added quietly, "This is my home now." She looked down, tossing a blond lock over her shoulder. "I can talk to you now, if you would like that is, Rosemary."  

psychotic__Gal
Vice Captain

Tipsy Reveler

10,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Elocutionist 200

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:44 pm
Rosemary motioned her to follow her to her office and then to her room, where she gently set the container holding Veni at the foot of her bed. She offered Daphne to sit. "I don't recall if you told me about the conditions of how you turned to a vampire or if I got it from your thoughts. If it's that latter I am sorry. I can't help it all the time."

"I've been thinking... You were on a burning stake after being sentenced to burn for witchcraft. I am very afraid of fire when it is used against me. Most vampires that I know are afraid of excessive fire because we burn much more easily than humans do. They wouldn't get a human out of a burning pillar that they only fed off of."

" Most vampires at his age at the time don't feel guilt for what happens to their food. If I did, I would have gone more nuts than I have a long time ago. If they are going to save their food from such a plight, they wouldn't have bothered at that point even if they were unaware of what was happening before hand. If Cian hated you or just wanted your blood he wouldn't have gotten you out of that mess let alone turned you if it was just for very good blood. Why would he risk being almost instantly turned to ash on a nobody just for dinner?"

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:16 pm
Damn, thought Daphne somehow closing her mind so Rosemary couldn't read it, Rosemary has a good point...Why did he do it? She sighed and looked to the floor, "I've never been quite sure of his reasons.." She admitted slowly, "I do know that he was feeding off of me before the stake, however. I don't remember when the first time was because it was so long ago...But I have been told of how I reacted after he turned me. I passed out. Then...Cian just left. Abandoned me. Why would he create me then abandon me to the wild?" Her voice was bitter, she adjusted in her seat, her eyes were fire.

psychotic__Gal
Vice Captain

Tipsy Reveler

10,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Elocutionist 200

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:17 pm
This girl just wouldn't stop hating him so easily Rosemary realized as she looked into her eyes. At least she didn't seem to be so far gone that she wouldn't listen to her reason at least. "It would seem a waste to risk ones own life to bother to remove someone from the fire who was possibly dieing already, turn them into a vampire to save them, and then abandon them. All people that I know of pass out for about three days. I was told that I was "dead" for three days."

"There are three reasons I can think of to abandon a person. The first one is to be excessively cruel to someone, but most people that I know wouldn't save a human from a fire just to be cruel and abandon them unless they really really despised them... if I did that I would torture them myself for eternity. The second reason that I can think of is that the vampire that turned you had a cruel master at the time that they didn't want to expose you to. Had they stuck around you probably would have been exposed to their cruel master."

"The third and I believe most likely reason he abandoned you is that he waited and waited, but you wouldn't wake up. There is a likely chance that they won't be complete when a person is turned hastily when they are about to die. Normally a vampire will work on turning a person over the course of several days to slowly change them. They are likely to be just fine when this happens. However if it is all done at once there is the chance that they'd wake up a blood sucking mindless monster and never come out of it or that they remain in a coma like state that they usually won't come out of. When this happens usually the master vampire would destroy the creation, but maybe he hoped you would come out of your coma state if that is the case."

"It is near impossible for a vampire to kill the one who made them that way. There are magic involved that help prevent this from happening even if they normally don't have good control over you. There is no real reason to need a connection curse to prevent one's fledglings from doing them in. When you suddenly attacked him he could have made you stop with a single thought, but he didn't for reasons unknown. I'd hate to tell you this, but Daphne it is very unlikely that you'd be able to kill him if you tried."

"Someone who is badly injured that I know would taste fabulous sounds so wonderful to have as a snack. They're going to die soon, I'll help them along quicker. Maybe even take away some of the pain. A dieing person is so very tempting. They're weak, they can't resist easily, and they're oh so helpless. If they're bleeding even better. Never be bleeding near a hungry vampire, you'd not likely live. You must have looked so delicious to him. All that blood so ready to be taken right there and no way for you to stop him. What would you do to stop yourself from outright killing someone you intended to save who was dieing and needed help then and there?"

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:40 pm
Daphne sighed and looked up to Rosemary, her eyes confused, "I've been near a h-hurt human..." Before in the graveyard...Daphne let Rosemary into her mind. The fixation Daph had felt. The Lust. The call of the blood had almost driven her mad. But she didn't want to kill them...she was never one to kill. She lived in guilt whenever she did it. Daphne shuddered, "Do you think that is why h-he cursed me?" Her eyes were pleading, "And...do you really think I didn't wake up in time? Like a normal vampire?"

Daphne remembered a surreal feeling of waking up. In her sleep, she'd felt dead, one with the world. Then she awoke to an empty, rundown cottage in the middle of nowhere. Her first sensation was hunger. She'd went through all the cabinents. Nothing. Finally, she found a knife to use as a weapon. She would have to catch something. As she ran after a doe, she felt stronger, faster...More alive. The knife she threw was as a speeding bullet. Bulls eye. She had eaten the meat, as she'd done as a human but it wasn't that that captured her tongue...it was the traces of blood on the insides of the doe. Afterwards, she'd felt like she'd gone insane. How could Cian not be there for her?! How?!

psychotic__Gal
Vice Captain

Tipsy Reveler

10,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Elocutionist 200

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:25 pm
How could Daphne eat the meat...she and Veni's stomachs couldn't handle much more than blood. "I am positive that you were cursed for that reason and slept far too long. Cian allowed me to dive into his memory a little. He was very afraid of losing you and then you didn't get up after he gave you new life: staring at the ceiling, no reaction to the blood he tried to give you, a total vegetable. He waited for weeks and no change. I don't know why he left. Maybe his own creator summoned him and he didn't want you to be near them at all."

"Veni seemed very down when he had to return with me to his mistress. I thought it was build up because I had been so disagreeable. I hated him. I had felt betrayed: not to know what he was all that time and then to suddenly be this... a monster who broke almost everything I touched, always craving blood even if I had just had some, not hesitating to kill even those I cared for in life for it. I wasn't a couch potato when I woke, I was a blood sucking fiend for a few weeks.

"His mistress was horrible. She was furious at Veni for turning me. She locked him away in a coffin for a few years, not before giving him a thrashing which I knew had little effect on him. She then used me as entertainment. I wasn't allowed to go anywhere and wasn't given any blood. After a few days she'd give me some one. You can imagine what happened next I'm sure. The to her strange delight she realized I had similar vampire traits that she took pride in herself so she decided to condition me to be a like shadow of hers of sorts to assist her in putting fear in others."

"Who knows...maybe he was protecting you from something like that. Maybe it was taking years for you to rise. I am a telepath, not a seer. If you want to know why he left, you need to ask him yourself. If you do ask and want me to protect you my very best from whatever may try, I'll need rest first. Or maybe you coul ask him through the door after I seal him in his room."

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:32 am
Daphne nodded to Rosemary's story. She occasionally winced and brought her hand to her mouth in shock. "I am sorry for you." She bowed modestly, "Thank you for your thoughts and trust and...well, everything." Daphne let a soft smile grace her lips. "Perhaps I will ask him through the door.." She thought about it and nodded. The demenor of the old Daphne (or Evelyn) was back. She seemed more...aware, almost. Aware and considerate of things around her. Perhaps it was the fresh blood in her system. Yea...it was probably that. "I think I should get some rest first, as well." She added with a small yawn. She tilted her head back and stretched on to the tips of her toes to stretch out her spinal cord, causing the curtain of blond hair to go down her back in glorious waves.

psychotic__Gal
Vice Captain

Tipsy Reveler

10,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Elocutionist 200

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:10 pm
"I don't want pity. If I told that story more often, I'm sure I would get it but I do not desire it. Good evening." Rosemary left the room.

When she left she saw a probably anxious Cian. She had on her carefully blank face and hoped this all wasn't a waste of time. "She will likely at the very least try to speak to you later. If there isn't anything else, it is time for you to go to your room please."

"BlackMN, seal him up...just like I taught you."

Whenever Cian was ready, BlackMN left to get out several items: old crosses, holy water, a little piece of paper with a holy barrier spell written on it, little scraps of paper from original scripture and the like.

While she was gone, Rosemary quickly gave GL a hug and told him that she was glad he was still alive. She tried to let him know by just how much. It was the second scare he had given her in less than a couple of weeks. She hadn't mentioned the first one to Black yet. There was no plan in her mind to tell her either.

Rosemary had taught her how to make a room vampire proof after she was sure the girl liked her enough to not go against it just in case she ever needed it to protect herself against the vampire Rosemary or another one. After she was done she clung to GL wanting to cuddle up to him when they took a nap.

Rosemary went into her area locking the doors. She went into her room and prepared to sleep. Instead of going to her bed she opened the lid of the strange container in her room, picked Veni up like a doll, held him to her and sobbed.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:11 pm
Jacob stopped Daphne before she went to rest, taking a short amount of time to use powerful magic to examine her. He needed to make sure Heegh had truly removed the possession, and hadn't done anything insideous to her. His hands glowed with a blue essence as he moved them near her face and peered at her closely for a minute or two. He stopped then, declaring nothing was wrong, aside from the connecting curse, and continued the same process with Black before she went to take her nap with Galantros.

Galantros didn't know what to say to Rosemary when she hugged him, telling him she was glad he was well. He could only try to give her a reassuring hug in return. He then tried to get comfortable on the couch, Black clutching to him as both felt exhausted from the day's events. He held her tightly, thankful that she was alright, and soon drifted off into a dreamless sleep.

Jacob watched Rosemary as she went to her room while he examined the house, making sure it was free of bad spirits... neither really made eye contact, and his mind was mostly a foggy blank, save for some incoherent depressed thoughts if she bothered to check at all.

Once she was in her room, he realized that she was crying. His heart wrenched. He failed to prevent all this suffering. For a moment, he was unsure of what to do. Heaving a breathe, he gently rapped on her door, his gentle and downtrodden voice barely audible.

Jacob: "Rosemary... May I come in? I want to speak with you..."  

GamingLord
Vice Captain

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:11 pm
Almost as soon as he said that she thought "I don't want to talk to you." In fact she didn't want to talk to anyone or be bother which is why she retreated and locked the door. Instead of telling him that she said, "Hold on," in a steady voice that didn't sound at all like she was crying at the moment.

After setting Veni down, cleaning herself up a bit, making it look like she hadn't cried, she answered the door in her somewhat revealing night slip. (It was basically a short skirt spaghetti strap silk dress type night slip.) "You've had many opportunities to talk to me before I came in here. Have you finally gained enough blood for you to be able to think?"

She allowed him to enter, bade him to sit, and sat at her desk with her elbows on it and hands folded and her face resting on her hands in a Gendo Ikari like fashion.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:23 am
If Jacob was surprised at what Rosemary was wearing, he did a very good job of not showing it. His mind was certainly else where at the moment. He sat down, and took a deep, pained breath. Mentally, he timed something... his immortality curse would be reacting and giving him pain in a short while, but he couldn't rush this. Using a finger, he drew a symbol in the air, and muttered a quiet single world enchantment. The symbol glowed, and he pulled it near him... Rosemary noticed it had a slight calming effect on her, but the necromancer seemed to be casting the spell mostly for himself.

Jacob: "I've failed you today. Horribly. I can only offer apologies, that no matter how much I mean, will be meager and small."

"You despised the idea of me going on that mages' trip. You nearly forbade it. I.... was stubborn, because there were such important things there to learn that could do so much good to help save so many...

...and yet, by going there today, I damn near end up killing everyone I know here. Lives were lost, more horrors, torture, and trauma were suffered by the damned Niearcim. Had I only listened...

And if that weren't enough, the Devil himself decides to save the day, for reasons I don't even... I mean, I checked the Black and Daphne, and the house. There's no trace of his essence, nor of the Niearcim, if that's any small relief. But there was the chance that he could have made things even worse..."

I'm failing them. Just like I've failed the old man, and Nasha... How despicable you are, Jacob.

By this point, he had his face in his hand, feeling full of shame.

"Some 'master' I am, aren't I? Barely a day into it, and I nearly get you all killed. I..."

"...I can only say that I'll devote more of my time and efforts into your protection and safety, to be the best possible master I can be to protect you both, whatever the cost. That's... all I wanted to say. I'm truly sorry."

Having said that, he stood up to leave, but immediately collapsed towards the floor grunting in pain, a loud crack emitting from his chest as several of his ribs decided to loudly fracture themselves, blood splattering on the floor. As he coughed, red droplets sprayed.

Damn it, it couldn't wait just a few more minutes until I was outside the door?  

GamingLord
Vice Captain

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:38 pm
Rosemary began to frown behind her hands at what Jacob was saying. She realized that he planned to get things off of his chest and just leave without waiting for her response? How dare he. If it is a matter of problem with his curse, it could have waited.

He always seemed to put the weight of the world on himself she thought. He can't save everyone... and even if he had been useless to them had he been there today that's not what she was angry about. Cattle can't be a master of her or Veni.

"They had fun breaking your ribs for a couple of days didn't they?" His lungs seemed to clear of the blood that should be in there so he could at least breathe somewhat. She got up and stood over him not really offering him her help beyond her ability to draw blood from a wound allowing her tiled floor to become bloody. She also made sure he didn't crawl out.

I've never really worried about losing Veni until recently and the idea scares me. He's been there practically all my life and the thought of him not being there is hard for me to grasp. I don't know what I would do if he died.

She waited for it to seem nearly over before she picked him up and put him on one of her hospital beds and then she spoke. "Cattle, you can not blame yourself entirely for what happened today. Even if you were here, most of this could still have happened. I do not expect you to protect us from everything, nor should you put it on your shoulders that you should be able to. The only thing I expect you to be able to protect us from is Jiluzix's blood influence on us. That is what you promised.

"What I am outraged by is the fact that you didn't listen to either of us. Veni had told you that you should stay with us for a couple of days to see how we'd all react to this. If you had plans to go elsewhere the very next day, we could have waited but you insisted on doing it last night. He had made arrangements so that he could be around you for a while. You didn't give him the same courtesy."

She made a very annoyed growl and wasn't sure of how to manage her frustration tempted to kick him while he was down, or increase his suffering with her own ability, destroy her desk, or just cry. She chose the less destructive path and cried. She couldn't stand to see Veni like that. Every time she did she wanted to fall apart but she didn't because she was afraid that if she did in a bad situation everyone else around her, like GL or BlackMN, would too.

"I told you that I had a very bad feeling about today. I knew something bad was going to happen and I was right, but you shrugged off my very powerful feeling of it. That 'necromancer tuition' you tried to describe to me the other day, it was just like that. It wasn't a feeling, I knew for sure. I hate that I was right. At least no one I care about is dead."

"Now would you like a pain killer, a sleep aid, a high dosage of medicinal morphine?"

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:01 pm
Jacob grunted as there was another crack of his ribs, though more silent than the others. He considered the offer of morphine. Normally he wouldn't consider taking medication to allievate his pains... Mostly because most stuff couldn't touch the suffering he went through, and the more powerful drugs only eased the pain of his exposed wounds touching surfaces and dulled his senses... neither of which he wanted to get used to, since he had to live with the wounds every second of his immortal life. He needed to be used to that minor (in comparison) suffering in order to be functional each day.

Still, the offer was tempting. And in some vague hope of beginning to patch things up, he figured he should accept the offer. And more still, the splinters of bones in his organs were causing extra suffering.

Jacob: "P-pain killers, please..."

His voice was ragged and shaky, the rib breaking wasn't the only thing going on.. tiny fragments of his bones had pierced different organs from the invisible impact, and he could feel invisible prying fingers jabbing at his exposed chest muscles, again courtesy of his curse. While Rosemary retrieved and prepped the medication, the necromancer sort of stared blankly at the wall from his spot on the hospital bed, blood slowly trickling down his sides.

Jacob: She's a mess right now.... and she's right. My mentors would be so disappointed in me right now. I'm so used to trusting my own intuition and gut instinct that I forsake that of another's. Damn it Jacob, just because your senses don't go off, doesn't mean someone elses won't. You need to do right, somehow. Think.... your mind is full of centuries of knowledge and information, over a millenia of curses, spells, enchantments and...

Hmm.. thats one way I could do it, a small start at least. A spell for them tonight.

I'm willing to gamble that when Veni recovers, he'll be none to pleased as well. Have I gotten in over my head in my zeal to protect against that b*****d demon Jiluzix? ...No, I'll make it work somehow.

Jacob: "I was, nnggh... stubborn and i-idiotic to brush aside your warning, and to not take Veni's advice and offer..."

- - - - -

Out in the main room, there was a knocking at the door. It roused GL from his slumber, and he carefully placed Black on the couch with a pillow underneath her head as he went to answer the door. He sighed as he saw who it was... the ever "too late" soldiers. His faith in them was becoming less and less after everything that kept happening. He opened the door, and a conversation began... Questions were asked, then answered, then more were asked and answered, until finally they were satisifed and left to go help people in more severe need than them. Once he shut the door behind him, he rolled his eyes and sighed.

GL: "Today really freakin sucked."

Galantros slumped back on the couch, glancing at the lightly snoring Black for a moment, before grabbing a spare pillow and doing the best he could to get comfortable on his part of the couch to fall asleep again.  

GamingLord
Vice Captain

psychotic__Gal
Vice Captain

Tipsy Reveler

10,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:04 pm
Daphne's cloudy mind wanted to tell Rosemary that it was not pity that she felt. She wanted to help the other Vampress. Heal Veni. Do something. She watched through half closed eyes as jacob checked her. She felt Cian's pain as he accidently got too near to his door. She realized absently that this must be how Rosemary felt every time. She realized this kind of connection could do two things: Bring people closer or push them away. Daphne's head hit the pillow, two words were brought silently to her lips. "I'm sorry."

Cian's eyes opened. It was as if he heard a voice in his room. Daphne's. He thought her name and in his core raised a love so fierce it nearly consumed him. Cian got a hold of his emotions and let out a sigh. His child was unlikely to forgive him...Maybe after they talked he would just leave. Cian rose to a sitting position, resting his elbows on his thighs, he ran a hand through his soft hair and took in air before letting it all out. He didn't want to leave...

Indecision kept Daphne awake. She was exhausted...But there was something that needed to be decided. Stay or go? Daph's face shown of confusion. She was going to stay....oh. Cian. "Don't go." she mouthed, half asleep.

"Okay." One word and it was decided.

Role Play Archival (Completed or "On Hiatus" RPs)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games