Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
The Song of the Siren (Accepting :: OPEN) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 192 193 194 195 196 197 ... 289 290 291 292 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:36 pm
Remisa merely gave the slightest nod she possibly could have. It was evident that she was still skeptical of the good wishes of anyone who was entirely human. Tianara couldn't blame her. In the general sense, anyone who had not been one of them - had not lived among them - could not really understand the magic of the seafolk. But that was in general. Joshua was a specific case, and he was special. Tianara was sure he understood.

The two girls traded silent glances: Remisa's uncertain, Tianara's reassuring. It was Tianara who spoke first. "You were right. It's time. And we need you to contact all those who you feel you can trust. We're going to need help."

"All?" asked Remisa, looking startled.

"All," repeated Tianara. "We need all the help we can get."  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:46 pm
User Image
Shadow Hunter, Silent Hunter
The forest is yours alone
Night Hunter, Quiet Hunter
None disturb your hunt

Joshua sighed and rolled his eyes slightly, seeing she still didn't entire trust him. He'd thought anyone who lived in the town knew he loved the sea. He'd been a topic of gossip for awhile after moving here. Still, he shrugged. 'Actions speak louder than words. I'll just have to show her and everybody else. I won't let the merfolk be hurt.' He decided, ignoring the glances the girls shared. "Every bit of help counts." He told Remisa. "Anything and everything. We needed to be prepared, as prepared as we can get."

User Image
Beneath the Blood moon
The forest you watch
Beneath the Blood sky
The forest you hunt

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:47 pm
Tianara happened to catch Joshua's rolled eyes, and her voice spoke serenely near his ear. Don't blame her. She's just afraid. We all are. And she doesn't know you. Should Joshua look her way, he would catch her lifting her shoulder in the universal gentle shrug.

Remisa nodded again after a minute. "I have a few that I can speak to," she said simply. "I don't know what will happen after, but I know that I can trust them as I would trust you." The you was directed at Tianara, not at the group in general - she wasn't sure of most of them, to be honest.

Tianara smiled. "That's a good start," she said firmly. "We'll start working our way out from there."  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:38 am
User Image
None disturb your hunt

Joshua glanced at Tianara as she 'spoke'. Seeing her shrug, he nodded slightly and gave his own little shrug. Remisa would come around eventually, he was sure. "Alright. Thanks Remisa." He flashed her a smile, gratefully that she would help. Even if it was only because of Tianara. Joshua didn't care right now. Help was help, however they convinced them to assist.

User Image
Beneath the Blood moon
The forest you watch
Beneath the Blood sky
The forest you hunt

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:28 pm
Tianara's eyes rose suddenly. Frowning, she stood. Then she turned to look at Joshua. "We have to go." Her voice was surprisingly firm and steady. "They're back. I don't know if they have anything for us, but we have to go." She looked at Allen and Aria, uncertain. Would they want to come along? What about Mac - would he?

Didn't matter. Sorry had just let her know - faintly, and straining - that they were home. And she knew they had to go back and talk to them, whether they had anything or not.

"Come on," she told Joshua. "We have to hurry."  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:08 pm
User Image
None disturb your hunt

Joshua's eyes abruptly turned serious at the news. "They're back? Then what are we waiting for?" He turned on his heel, hurrying out the door. Tianara's tone made him worried that maybe something had happened.

Allen watched Joshua's retreating back before smiling at Tianara. "We'll leave you to welcome them home. It's time we returned to our own home." He glanced at Aria and she nodded. They both gave a small wave then calmly turned to go to their own home. It felt too much like intruding for Allen to be there when they welcomed the merfolk home, no matter how much he was fascinated by them.

User Image
Beneath the Blood moon
The forest you watch
Beneath the Blood sky
The forest you hunt

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:16 pm
Tianara lingered just a moment longer. "You know you're welcome anytime," she told Allen and Aria quietly before she looked at Remisa. Clasping the girl's hand, she said softly, "We will speak of this again." Leaving it at that, she waved a goodbye to these people she had come to consider her friends and ran to catch up to Joshua.

When she had caught up to him, she said, frowning, "Allen and Aria aren't coming back with us." She didn't offer any opinion on this - she didn't have to. Her uncertain voice was enough to say that she was a little worried about them changing their minds.

"Sorry reached me," she said. "She was really pushing - they're probably all exhausted. I hope there's no bad news."  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:26 pm
User Image
None disturb your hunt

Joshua glanced at Tianara and smiled. He could hear the uncertainty in her voice. He put a reassuring hand on her shoulder. "That's just how Allen is and Aria goes with him. There's no way they've changed their minds." He couldn't help but chuckle before turning serious again. To him, the thought of the mer-fanatic fighting against them was laughable. And as he said, Allen and Aria were pretty much a pair as they cared deeply for each other, the only family they had. "I hope they're okay too." He told her, worry breaking into his voice as he spoke of Katalina.

User Image
Beneath the Blood moon
The forest you watch
Beneath the Blood sky
The forest you hunt

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:39 pm
"You're sure?" asked Tianara softly, her voice trembling a little as she spoke. "I don't think they'd ever turn against the merfolk, not completely, but what we've seen today...it might have changed their minds about helping us." She didn't know Allen and Aria well - and hell, she didn't know that much about humans to begin with - but, well, you never knew, did you?

They hurried down the path until Tianara caught a glimpse of water, and the beach. "We're there," she murmured, relieved. As she broke out of the trees onto the sand, she was already calling out to them in her own tongue. Then she went still. There was absolutely no one to be seen.

She turned to look at Joshua, confused. "Where are they?" she asked. She knew she had heard Katalina speak to her. And she knew Katalina had said they were back at the cove. So where were they?  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:54 am
User Image
None disturb your hunt

"Trust me Tianara. I know Allen and his granddaughter very well. There's no way they would even consider not helping." Joshua was very sure of this fact. It was hard not to believe the confidence in his voice. As they entered the cove, moving from trees to sand, he looked around eagerly. After a moment, he frowned. Where were they? He glanced at Tianara. "They said they were back, right?" He was confused because they hadn't responded to Tianara calling in their own language. His amber gaze swept the waters over and over again, looking for some telltale ripple that would let them know the others were here. Almost without thinking, Joshua stretched out his mind, trying to find Katalina. It was becoming much easier for him but he still didn't have much of a range, only covering the cove and a little bit farther.

User Image
Beneath the Blood moon
The forest you watch
Beneath the Blood sky
The forest you hunt

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:34 pm
Tianara nodded. "They did. Sorry talked to me. She was really reaching, though - maybe they aren't quite here yet?" She stretched her wider range - admittedly, she was tired, so it wasn't much wider - and searched for them. She called out again in her own tongue. For a moment, there was still no response. Then the water rippled slowly, and Jinx surfaced, looking grim. At about the same time, Joshua would feel the slight shiver in his mind that meant he'd made contact with the one he was looking for.

Barely.

Jinx looked up at the two of them and sighed. "We reached almost everyone, I think," she said blandly, knowing that that wasn't what they were worried about. "Those we didn't get to are very well hidden. They'll be fine."

"What about the others?" demanded Tianara, losing patience with Jinx's game-playing. "Where are Sorry and Narcis and Nezik? Why did it take you so long to answer me?"

Jinx rolled her eyes, but glanced at Joshua with a trace of something like apology. "Sorry overdid it," she said. "Narcis and Nezik are back at the coral with her. She must have called the two of you out with the last power she had." She shook her head. "Narcis kept trying to prevent her from doing that, and now he's freaking out. Understandably." Sitting back in the water, she tilted her head. "What have you got?"  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:02 am
User Image
None disturb your hunt

Joshua felt a shiver ripple through him, at both the contact and Jinx's expression. He waited with baited breath, for her to explain. After that touch to his mind, he wasn't worried about whether they'd found all the merfolk or not. He was just worried about Katalina. He sighed when Jinx explained it finally. So that was it. Good. He was glad she wasn't seriously hurt. Nothing a little rest wouldn't cure. He sat down on the beach, relieved. With Narcis and Nezik with her, Katalina would be fine until she'd recovered. Now that he knew Katalina would be okay, he could answer Jinx. "We've found all the ocean children in the nearby area. They've all agreed to help. They're going to reach out to as many of their friends and family that they think will help us as well."

User Image
Beneath the Blood moon
The forest you watch
Beneath the Blood sky
The forest you hunt

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:29 pm
Tianara, however, was frowning. "Again? Already?" she asked worriedly. "She can't afford to do that too much, Jinx. I can't believe Narcis let her."

"He didn't," said Jinx defensively. "She just wouldn't stop."

Tianara didn't seem to find it worth arguing about. Instead, she waded into the water. "We found Rhiannon, Kiro, Mieka and Remisa. How many more are there? Will we be able to reach all of them?"

"We won't, but their clans will," said Jinx dismissively. Then she tilted her head and listened. "Nezik is coming up. Narcis is going to bring Sorry along in a minute or two. I told him we ought to try an Awakening, but he says no."  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:23 pm
User Image
None disturb your hunt

Joshua brushed his pale bangs from his eyes, looking confused. "An Awakening? What's that?" He hadn't heard of that. Waiting for an answer, his amber gaze flickered around the water, looking for the ripple he'd learned to recognize as someone surfacing. Despite Jinx's words, some part of him wouldn't believe that everyone was unhurt until he saw it for himself.

User Image
Beneath the Blood moon
The forest you watch
Beneath the Blood sky
The forest you hunt

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:31 pm
Jinx shrugged. "No reason you would have," she replied, ignoring Tianara's warning look. "An Awakening is when one member of the merfolk who's gone too far is fed power from the others so that they wake up sooner. Narcis says it's too risky, but I think it would be easier."

"Narcis is right," Nezik piped up as he surfaced. "An Awakening isn't safe, Jinx. Not when we don't have anyone of her clan to do it. Better just to let her sleep it off. It's not like there's anything she has to do that none of us can do while she sleeps."

Jinx eyed him. "You're of her clan," she pointed out. "So's Narcis."

"And we're almost as tapped as she is," retorted Nezik. "All three of us. It's just not worth it. We'd exhaust ourselves, and even all together we probably don't have enough to wake her. So just agree with your brother for once."

Jinx gave him a cool stare, but didn't press it any farther.  
"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 192 193 194 195 196 197 ... 289 290 291 292 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games