Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
The Song of the Siren (Accepting :: OPEN) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 194 195 196 197 198 199 ... 289 290 291 292 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:26 pm

User Image
Shadow Hunter, Silent Hunter
The forest is yours alone
Night Hunter, Quiet Hunter
None disturb your hunt

"You know, Katalina said the same thing." Joshua murmured quietly before shaking his head to get back on topic. He struggled to answer Tianara's questions. "Here, I suppose.....Around the coast, many people orient their lives around the sea. Seafood makes up a big part of the diet. Along this particular coast, the most common features you find are pale skin, blue or green eyes, and pale hair. Though not usually as pale as mine." He said with a chuckle, running on hand through his white hair. "Over the years though, other people have come so darker features don't stand out quite so much." He paused, collecting his thoughts. "I can't really say what people are like. It differs from person to person, even in a close community. Some are kind, thoughtful, mean, grouchy, lonely, loving, happy, sad, smart, dumb, and so much more. I don't even know what it means to be human. Does it mean being the most intelligent species out there as some believe? But they've never met any of the merfolk or anyone else like that. Is it about being able to use science to create? I'm not sure there really is an answer. Does that even make sense?" He wasn't sure what he was saying entirely. He was just saying the first thing to come to mind, the first response he found. And people often say that the first response is the correct one.

User Image
Beneath the Blood moon
The forest you watch
Beneath the Blood sky
The forest you hunt

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:17 pm

Tianara smiled obscurely, letting the subject die. She listened to Joshua's words with silent fascination and a kind of serious concentration, a pupil who knew she was going to be tested on this. If not now, soon. Very slowly, she touched the ends of her own incredibly long black hair. So...if pale hair, hair close to Joshua's, was the norm, she might get a few funny looks. But a few funny looks weren't too bad. She could live with that.

She smiled when he was done. "So it's almost like the merfolk," she murmured, reassured. "Except on land. Maybe this won't be so hard."

On those words, her eyes drifted closed slowly. She remained seated upright, though, and any hope that she might be falling asleep was disrupted by her next question. "What would I have to do? Or I guess not do. To look sort of normal, at least. I don't want to be just like everyone in the town, but I'd rather not end up exposing the merfolk because I act so strangely."

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:45 am

User Image
None disturb your hunt

"From what I've seen, it's a lot like the merfolk." Joshua said with a smile. "You'll be fine. As to what to do and not do....Let's see....Oh, shoot. Reading. That'll be a big thing." He frowned as he recalled that Katalina didn't know how to read or write, so he assumed that neither did Tianara. "A lot of things are centered around reading, or involve reading/writing somehow. I'll have to teach you that when we get a chance. Katalina picked it up okay, and you probably will too. It's not too hard." He glanced at her, giving her a reassuring smile. He knew Tianara was smart so he had confidence she would pick it up quickly.

User Image
Beneath the Blood moon
The forest you watch
Beneath the Blood sky
The forest you hunt

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:03 pm

((OOC: Short post. >.< I went red today. I like it! biggrin ))

"I know how," said Tianara, looking surprised. "To read, I mean. I don't...write?" She smiled over at him. "We had a few merfolk in our clan old enough to change shape. They took me up to the beach so I could have one of our graduated ocean children teach me. We never got on to writing, because Sarani left us very suddenly." Tianara's face grew sad and distant for a moment, then she shook it off. "I can read, though. And maybe Kiro can teach me the writing, if you're too busy saving the seafolk from the humans." She gave him a little grin, knowing he knew she was teasing.

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:23 pm

Joshua looked surprised and impressed. He grinned. "Well that cuts my work in half. Once you can read, it's pretty easy to write." He shook his head at her teasing, a half-smile on his face. "Kiro will be just as busy as I will, so there's no reason I can't teach you. We'll all be busy, but I'll rearrange my schedule just for you, don't you worry." He returned Tianara's teasing with a little of his own before becoming serious again. "You'll pick it up fast. Besides, there's no hurry about writing. It was reading that I was worried about."
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:01 pm

All joking aside, Tianara was a little worried about imposing on him. "You don't have to do it if you don't want to. Kiro can help me. It's always been that way," she said with a small shrug. "The graduated children teach those who will be coming into the world the skills they will need. I know about money, too," she added. "At least, I know what it is and how it's used. Mostly. I still don't really understand the little cards."

There was a slow stir in the water, as though one of the merfolk was beginning to awaken. Tianara glanced out at the water and waited, but no one surfaced. She shrugged philosophically to herself. Maybe one of them had awoken temporarily and gone back to sleep.

Her eyes were closed again, but she was still awake. She was just thinking, she insisted to herself. "You know more about humans than any of the rest of us, Joshua," she said, sounding quiet and sort of faraway. "What will the reaction be if humans find out about the seafolk? Not through the chained creature, but if it just happens. If it can be proven. What would happen? What would they do?"

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:11 pm

Tianara started slightly when a light weight pressed against her shoulders, but when she realized it was his arm she relaxed again. She settled into his side easily, and turned to look up at him. "I don't even know how all this started," she muttered. "If it weren't for that chained thing, maybe we'd still be able to head it off. I mean, there must be a way. Somehow."

She brooded on this for some moments, then eventually shook her head. "But there are a few good things about this new way of life, I suppose. I mean, if all humans had stayed oblivious, we wouldn't have made Allen so happy." Her eyes turned to his again. "And we wouldn't have met you."
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:36 pm

User Image
None disturb your hunt

Joshua shook his head smiling sadly. "Ah, but is the happiness of a few worth the danger that the clans are in?" He asked rhetorically. He glanced down at Tianara and sighed. "I'd gladly give it all up if it meant they would be safe" He admitted quietly. While it was true he was glad to have met the merfolk but not if it cost them their safety. "I know Allen would say the same too. He would care more about the merfolk being safe than about him being happy. That's just how we are I guess."

User Image
Beneath the Blood moon
The forest you watch
Beneath the Blood sky
The forest you hunt

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

EG Water

Seeker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:16 am

((Back, for an unknown time... I might get my computer back. I have had a lot happen. I'm just going to have Mac go along not talking for awhile from the past posts. Also where are they?))

Mac had been listening for awhile, following all the way from his work silent the whole time, and decided to finally speak. "Well I don't think that the outcome of land and sea existing together could be bad" he said to them, "I mean, to me this is all an adventure and its like a story. The world desires something new, and so do people, and I'm sure things will all turn out fine" he said with his eyes gleaming. He gazed far into the sunset, the sun now half below the horizon. He thought a moment about how defenseless the others were, and thought about a way to help them. "We have to enjoy the moments we have. We also have to make preparations" he said very calm and with a slight show of happiness.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:05 am

User Image
None disturb your hunt

((Allen and Aria went back home for the night and Joshua and Tianara are back at his cove.))

User Image
Beneath the Blood moon
The forest you watch
Beneath the Blood sky
The forest you hunt

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

EG Water

Seeker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:29 pm

Mac thought a moment, "Well, in case we have to fight more baddies, and I am in no way supporting violence or saying its right, I think I can get a way to give you guys weapons" he said with a tone of caution.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:10 pm

"Sorry wouldn't," said Tianara quietly. "I know that. The happiness it's brought her, and although they wouldn't admit it, the others, to know that there are humans who aren't and weren't among them, but that still care...Joshua, I don't think you can know how much that means to them. Just to know that there are humans that are decent out there." She shrugged, turning to him. "Since we can't trade it or take it back, might as well know that we have something to be grateful for."

When Mac spoke up, Tianara glanced over at him. She'd pretty well forgotten he was there. "Well, you're a special case," she said absently. "In most cases, I think the outcome of land and sea coming together - especially if people react the ways Joshua described - not only could, but probably will be bad. We can't put the kelp over our eyes and pretend like nothing's wrong. Weapons would be good, but we've already talked about that." She shivered once, more from weariness than cold, but resolutely finished what she had to say. "But learning to use them will take time. Time I don't know if we even have."

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:18 pm

User Image
None disturb your hunt

Joshua jumped slightly when Mac began speaking. He'd all but forgotten about him. He pulled his arm away from Tianara, hugging his knees to his chest instead. "She right." He said softly. "We've already discussed this. Weapons take time and training. Of which, it seems we don't have either." He murmured, running a hand through his pale hair.

User Image
Beneath the Blood moon
The forest you watch
Beneath the Blood sky
The forest you hunt

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:26 pm

Tianara glanced over at him, a little surprised that he'd pulled away. Was he embarrassed? The idea of that caused something sad to move in her. She didn't want him to be embarrassed for being kind. But she didn't say anything, in case it just made things worse. Instead, she turned her gaze back to Mac. "I really think that if we have to have weapons, guns would be the best we could do." She glanced quickly at Joshua. "They don't take much training, right? Just point and click?" Really, she didn't know anything about guns. She was just guessing.

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 194 195 196 197 198 199 ... 289 290 291 292 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games