Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Geezerville ~ RP's
Aqua Springs ~ ART GALLERY OPEN! ~ Geezerville Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 194 195 196 197 198 199 ... 470 471 472 473 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should Art Nights be moved to Fridays?
  Yes
  No
  Doesn't matter
  I just want gold
View Results

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:52 pm
I think that's a good idea. At least we'll know who to contact when we're getting ready to set it up. I don't know if they'll want to help set it up, but they'll at least come to see everything. 3nodding *goes to sit near the fireplace*

It's... very colorful. sweatdrop Really doesn't match that well, though...

*eats the brownie*

*nibbles on the brownie*  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:57 pm
Jessi slightly moved the fingers of the hand that was holding Mwee and scratched behind her ear as she smiled down at her.

"Kits came out because some of her animals spilled and ate all the pet food she had at home. Well, ate or hid it. She had to come here to get more. She made Smok here large so that she could hold onto him while she walked over here."

{{Whoops. That was supposed to be with other account.}}  

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:01 pm
Amy chuckled and shrugged. "Eh. I don't always care about matching anymore. If an outfit means something to me, I'll wear it. Thistle helped make this while she was trying to be brave and ignore the storm outside. So, I'm happy to wear it. I had to leave her at home, though, with Velcore. She would not come outside at all. The kittens are in the pet area."

She flopped into one of the leather chairs. "That's great that they'll come and look at it. I'll have Jessi keep a list of the people who are interested in displaying art. You and I can work on getting the phone numbers of the people we know that have already shown interest. Then, we can let Jessi know the contact info and she can write it down. Sound good?"  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:14 pm
I can understand that when you're at home, but you might want to change it when you're going out... sweatdrop Sorry, it's just strange.

*curls up on a couch* That sounds good. They also suggested that we give the artists a theme to work with. We can put up pieces that aren't related to the theme, but it would be interesting to see what people come up with. Ryzan also asked if we'd be accepting literary work, like poetry and maybe some short stories.

*having finished the brownie, goes back to watching the rest of the food being made*

*finishes the brownie and turns over on her back in Jessi's arms*  

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:19 pm
Amy frowned slightly and glanced down at her lap. "Fashion has never been that important to me, Kits... I know you and Dame put a lot of attention into it, but I don't. I thought as one of my best friends, you'd understand that. I appreciate your honesty, but don't you think it's alright for a person to dress without the goal of impressing other people in mind? I don't want to dress to get others to look at or notice me unless I'm going to a party or it's Karrie."

She sighed softly and looked over at the bar. "Theme is a good idea... Maybe we can get a theme going after the first month the exhibit is open. Give everyone a chance to display whatever they want, get used to the format of how to enter art and where it will be displayed, and then throw a theme out a month later. And I think it'd be good to have literary works displayed, too. What about you?"  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:20 pm
Jessi smiled down at Mwee and began to softly coo at her. She reached one of her fingers down and started scratching Mwee's stomach.

"Well aren't you just an adorable sweetheart? Such a friendly girl!"

Finally, a couple large plates filled with different fruits, cheeses, crackers, breads, and a few different kinds of pastas was put on top of the bar counter.  

Jessi_Deramis

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:22 pm
"Really? Well, she could've called. I would've been more than willing to lug things about."

Daniel reached into his shirt pocket and pulled out his pocket notebook. Flipping past the first couple of scribbled on pages, he comes to a blank one. Pulling out a pen next, he quickly scrawls a few lines of information on the page, before tearing it out and folding it up. Finally, he extended it to Jessi.

"Here. It's the address of where I'm staying now. It isn't much, but it didn't seem fair that I'd gotten to see your place, and you still hadn't seen mine. And you had mentioned wanted to see it."  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:28 pm
I don't dress this way for other people to notice. The way I dress is for myself. I like to know that I look good. That's all. Of course, compliments are nice too... *starts thinking about getting some hot cocoa, but doesn't want to get up yet*

I thought that maybe we could have the authors read their work on opening nights if they want. We can have it displayed for other people to read too.

*captures Jessi's hand between her paws and gently bites down on it*

*squeaks happily and starts eating*  

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

Jessi_Deramis

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:29 pm
Jessi looked over at Daniel and smiled softly at him. "Daniel, that's a really sweet offer. It's very kind of you. But I'd be worried about you if you went out there all by yourself. Kits had her animals with her that could help her. You would have been out there all by yourself."

She took the piece of paper from Daniel, confused at first, but when he explained what it was, she looked up at him with wide eyes and gasped softly. Soon, a large grin appeared on her face and her eyes started to sparkle.

"Really?! Thanks, Daniel! I would love to see it. How about this weekend?"

EDIT: Jessi smiled down at Mwee. "Make sure to be careful, sweetie."

She started wiggling her finger and playfully tugging it when it was in Mwee's mouth. "Are you hungry, sweetie?"  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:33 pm
Amy looked back over at Kits, still frowning slightly. "So then why isn't my way okay for me? You and Karrie are the only people that compliment my outfits, and that's fine. But I think it should be okay if someone just wants to wear a wacky outfit, too. Why does it bother you so much, what I'm wearing? Why does it affect you?"

She looked down at her lap and nodded her head at the rest of what Kits said. "I like that idea of having a reading night. Maybe we can also laminate a few copies of the stories and poems and let people read them in here if they get a snack or something."  

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:40 pm
"Well, I suppose, if you wanted. Like I said before, not a lot to look at, or do. But your welcome to come over if you want."

Watching the dragons eat, Daniel turned in his seat watched everything going on in the lounge, while keeping an ear out for the lobby.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:41 pm
Jessi smiled and nodded. "I'd love to! Should I bring some pizza and pop over to celebrate? Kinda like a housewarming."  

Jessi_Deramis

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:42 pm
It's just that it's a really strange outfit, that's all. *sighs*

It probably is a good idea to laminate the copies... I was trying to figure out how to keep them from being destroyed. All I could come up with was putting them on the wall, but that could make them hard to read, especially if they're longer.

*eats*

*turns back over and moves to the counter to eat*  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:44 pm
Amy sighed. "Yeah. Jessi has a lamination machine at her desk. She loves using it, so I'm sure she'd love to laminate all the copies we make of the literary works we get."

{{brb}}  

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:50 pm
*nods* That'll work.

*stands up* I'm going to go get some hot cocoa. You want anything?  
Geezerville ~ RP's

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 194 195 196 197 198 199 ... 470 471 472 473 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games