Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
The Song of the Siren (Accepting :: OPEN) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 197 198 199 200 201 202 ... 289 290 291 292 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:33 am

User Image
Shadow Hunter, Silent Hunter
The forest is yours alone
Night Hunter, Quiet Hunter
None disturb your hunt

Joshua groaned, flopping backwards on the bed. 'Great.....' He was quiet for a moment, gathering his thoughts, then he answered. "The type of gifts depend on the girl. Some like flowers, some like jewelery, others still like food. It's different from girl to girl. If she stops getting gifts or becomes displeased with the gifts, she won't hurt the guy. Well, not physically." He amended the thought. "She'll turn to a different guy to get the gifts she wants. Guys after the same girl might sometimes fight but they don't have to. Usually the choice is left up to the girl." He answered the questions as best as he knew how. "I'm not exactly the best one to ask questions like this you realize, right? Why not try asking some of the other ocean children?"

He jumped at the sound of Mac's knock. "Kind of, I guess. What were thinking of doing for food? Going back to town?" Joshua didn't really feel like trekking back to town. He'd had enough of the town for one day. It always made him feel odd, crowded by so many people.

User Image
Beneath the Blood moon
The forest you watch
Beneath the Blood sky
The forest you hunt

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:38 pm

Tianara wrinkled her nose a little. "That sounds hard," she decided. "I don't think the human courtship ritual can be much fun." She tilted her head, began to ask another question, but was silenced by Joshua's response. "Well..." She flushed, looked down. "They're all older," she murmured. "There aren't any my age. I feel silly asking them stuff like that - they already know all about it, because most of them are mated already. Do humans mate for life?" she asked as the question came into her mind. "The way merfolk do? Or do they have many women for one man like the Sirens?"

When Mac knocked, she looked over her shoulder and frowned a bit. "Well, I'm okay, I think, but I could go get something," she said. She didn't want to go back to town, not at all. She didn't like it there - the only reason she would have to go back would be to check on Kiro. She was really beginning to dread that she wasn't meant for this.

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

EG Water

Seeker

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:34 pm

"I'm not into eating sea creatures, but I like some sea weed and kelp" he said, "I found out merpeople eat it all the time". He looked back into the sea and thought a minute. "Hey Tianara, I've got an idea, but I want to know if you're into something different" he asked.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:55 am

User Image
None disturb your hunt

Joshua sighed and moved so that he was sitting up. He glanced at Tianara, mouthing the word 'later'. He would answer her questions later. He might not have liked them, might have been embarrassed but he felt she deserved to know. After all, she was new to this world but she was supposed to live here the rest of her life. His gaze flickered over to Mac. What did he have in mind? Joshua kept quiet. The question had been directed at Tianara, not himself.

User Image
Beneath the Blood moon
The forest you watch
Beneath the Blood sky
The forest you hunt

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:30 pm

Tianara gave Joshua a small nod, knowing that it was very unlikely they would ever be able to get around to having those questions answered. She might ask Kiro. Kiro would know, and he wouldn't make her feel like a fool. Joshua had just been...handy. And she had been curious to see what he would think of her questions, she admitted to herself reluctantly.

At Mac's address, she lifted a brow. "Well, um, I'd have to hear the idea first," she replied. "What is it?"

It must have to do with food, since that was what they had been talking about. But what was Mac's idea, that he felt the need to consult with her about it before suggesting it?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:08 pm

"If we don't find it much hassle, do you think we could get some seaweed?" he asked her kindly. "Please? We could get it ourselves, and I know you know where the best place to get some" he suggested looking at the door.

Nira thought a moment, "Well, maybe I should stir things up in this little town" she spoke with a dark tone. Her bubble to the world viewed everything. "Those little kids will have a lot of fun" She got up teleported to her next destination.

EG Water

Seeker

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:06 pm

Tianara blinked at him. "What? Why? What do you want seaweed for?" she asked. To be fair, Tianara's definition of 'seaweed' was that mucky green stuff on the edges of the tides. Merfolk termed edible seaweed by the name karaugh. If Mac wanted actual edible seaweed, he would probably have to ask a different way. "I mean, we could go down to the shoreline, but..." She trailed off, still wondering what he wanted it for.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:12 pm

"I just want to try some, I mean...Its food right? I bet you eat it all the time" he said. "We could have a night to eat under the sea style" he said. "I can breathe water now anyways" He said pretty confident about trying something new.

EG Water

Seeker

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:50 pm

Tianara made a face. "Ew. If you want to eat the seaweed, go ahead, but I'm not eating any," she replied. "That's gross, Mac. We don't eat that stuff." She walked down to the edge of the shoreline, hunted for a few minutes, and came back with a handful of green, slimy weed bits. "This is seaweed, Mac. It's not edible," she explained, showing it to him. "Is it what you were thinking of?" She couldn't imagine that it was.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:59 pm

((I did some research and Merpeople don't eat sea creatures, so they eat plants))

Mac sighed, "I was talking about the stuff you get from down below, not the stuff you don't eat. Don't you use your head?" He said with a tone of silliness. "I was meaning how about we go down and search for it" he explained, "It beats going back on land. Also is there any fruit we could find, or something?" He was just going through lists of things to do. He wanted to do more than eat, but he wanted to try new things with his new friends.

EG Water

Seeker

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:48 pm

((OOC: EG, you don't have to research anything. Merfolk are mythical creatures. You can make up as much s**t as you want. That's kind of the point. In fact, I think in this RP it has already been established that some of the merfolk eat fish.))

Tianara stared at him. "This is seaweed, Mac," she said patiently. "There isn't any stuff 'down below'. This is all there is." She looked up after a second, and then started to smile as the water down at the end of the bay splashed.

Nezik surfaced, looking a good deal more awake and aware than before. He came back up to the group and looked around. "What's happening?" he asked. He was more than awake - he was practically bursting with energy. Apparently merfolk needed less recovery time if they slept it off. "What are we doing?"

Tianara shrugged. "Mac thinks we should eat seaweed," she said.

Nezik wrinkled his nose. "Ew. Why?"

They both turned to look at Mac. Tianara spared Joshua a quick glance, wondering if there was something she wasn't getting about this.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:49 am

User Image
None disturb your hunt

((Now that I think about it, we did. Katalina was talking about eating fish waaaaaaay back. In the early stages of this rp.

And EG, a lot of the info used for this rp is coming from a series of books called The Immortals series, by Tamora Pierce.))

Joshua glanced to the water when Tianara did, hearing the splash. He grinned, seeing Nezik. He was glad to see the young merman seemed to be much better. He had to chuckle at both Tianara and Nezik's reactions. Seeing what she held though, he had to agree. But he knew there were edible types. "But if she's saying that's seaweed......" He murmured, his amber eyes brightening as he realized something. There must be a different word then!

"Tianara?" He asked suddenly, turning to her. "What do you call it then? The plant that's sorta like seaweed, but edible?" He knew he two types of plants were similar enough. They were from the same family after all. But there were certain kinds that were edible. "I think that's what Mac's after really."

User Image
Beneath the Blood moon
The forest you watch
Beneath the Blood sky
The forest you hunt

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:46 pm

((OOC: Ha! I remembered!
Also, oh right. Totally forgot to mention that - but that's mostly for the other creatures. Everything I've said about merfolk, I've completely made up or stolen from other sources. razz ))

Tianara blinked at Joshua for a second, then frowned down at the weedy stuff in her hand. She had to consider what was being said for a moment. Then her eyes abruptly lit up. "Oh! Karaugh. We eat karaugh sometimes," she said. "It's a little chewy, but I like it. If you wanted that, why didn't you just say so?"

Nezik grinned up at the three humans. "Maybe they didn't know, Tia," he pointed out. "Karaugh might not be the first word to occur to them if they were being general about it."

Tianara tossed the weed bits to the ground and stuck her tongue out at the young merman. "Fine, if you're so smart," she teased. Growing more serious, she asked, "How are the others?"

Nezik shrugged. "Still sleeping. I think they'll be all right."
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:01 pm

Mac giggled, "I'm not very well educated in the language of merpeople" he said. He looked at Nezik, "Hey, so is the coast clear down there?" he asked.

EG Water

Seeker

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:35 pm

Tianara shrugged it off. "That's okay. It's just the occasional word anyway, that I can't figure out, I mean," she said.

Nezik blinked. "Coast...clear?" he asked, looking confused. "What? There's no one down here, if that's what you mean. Is there supposed to be?"

Tianara, equally surprised by the phrase, instinctively looked to Joshua for an explanation.
"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 197 198 199 200 201 202 ... 289 290 291 292 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games