Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Stephenie Meyer Guild™

Back to Guilds

Tags: Twilght, Vampire, Jacob, Edward, New mon 

Reply Eclipse
The Love Triangle: Your take? (Spoilers about Eclipse) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bella should have chosen...
  Edward. Yeahhhh.
  Jacob. Hurrah.
  ...Billy Black.
View Results

soveryunpretty75

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:10 am
Ugh. I hate JacobxBella, so much that after I finished the book I cried like four times because I was so upset at Bella. I liked Jake, even at the end of New Moon, I believed his intentions were always good, just misdirected. I just pawned it off of immaturity. But in Eclipse Jake was like a whole new person. He was arrogent, and mean, and just ugh! He was an a** in this book, and I was so happy when Bella broke her hand over his face.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:59 am
i finished it too. yay me!

i started to like jakes attitude in the book more and more. don't yell at me!! i still prefer Edward to jacob any day.
blackmailing...wrong.
Bella bothered me a lot. She seemed really pushy with Edward and she KISSED JACOB! i mean, come on! you have edward...every girl's dream! She was all for giving herself completely to Edward, but than she had to get confused with Jacob.
She also brought up the whole "imprinting thing" between her and Edward. Woah. Hold on a sec. Imprinting (from my impression) was that you were with the person because of a majical switch went off in your head...you had no choice. So...does Bella really love Edward, or is she being a stupid person and blaming her love for Jacob on imprinting.
i'm confused and frustrated.

UGH!
((Edward and Bella never did it. They were close...but it never happened))  

Ddoepke92

Demons_and_Angels

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:51 am
I also sort of hated the ending cuz Bella didn't really seem completely loyal to Edward after all. And he should have at least thrown a fit or something. He was too calm. And it seems like Bella will never get over Jacob and that would hurt cuz then it would always feel like she's forced to be with Edward. Like he's just the drug, but Jacob's the sun. It doesn't seem fair and I completely hated the fact that I might turn into a Bella/Jacob shipper. I hate Jacob. And I was so happy that at least Bella had the backbone, though lacked the strength, to punch Jacob. That was nice.

I really hated the fact that Bella and Jacob kissed more than once. Once I could forgive, but the second time I was ready to hurl the book towards the wall. I really hated that she gave in to Jacob. She should have known better. And now it gives me the impression that she's just a cheat and she will never have her whole heart set for Edward. Not fair to him, who always manages to do what's best for her, even if he did fail that one time. But hopefully it gets arranged better in Breaking Dawn.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:07 pm
I finished Eclipse, and I honestly like jacob a whole lot more now. i still thilnk Bella and Edward are completely and totally meant to be together, but there were just so many mistakes on all sides that I couldn't hate jacob for his actions any more than I didn't like Edward's or Bella's. I don't think that Bella will ever really be 'over' Jacob, she'll always remember him, even when she's a vampire and the memories fade after the decades. He really was trying to do what he can, both Jacob and Edward were too noble for their own good, but I think it's right that she is with Edward, even with the pain of everything, even with her still loving Jacob in her different way.

Edward and Bella forever, I just hope that Jake will find and imprint with someone, otherwise I don't think he will bestrong enough to wait in the wings for forever.  

in love with a vampire

S p r i n k l e

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:34 pm
User ImageI finished it yesterday and I'm pretty pleased with it. I think that Jacob was pushing his luck way too much (kissing Bella all the time) and he got what he deserved.

(Yes, another Jacob-hater)

But, I also thought it was sad how Bella kept letting him get away with it..(well more towards the end, and I loved that punch)

I'm really excited to see what happens in the wedding and what will happen after..

(Do you guys think that the "vampire change" will occur in the beginning or middle of the book? I don't think it'll be near the end because there's a lot to explain after...)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:26 pm
Bella, Bella, Bella.
How confusing your love life is. XD
I love how Jacob pointed out that Edward was like her 'drug.'
Anyway, what I have to say on the subject:

Bella was very much ticking me off with the whole skipping from Edward to Jacob thing. I think, personally, she's better with Edward, of course.
Poor Jacob.
I can't wait till he imprints; it'll fix so much stuff. XD
But, anyway.
I got a little bit of dislike for Jacob in Eclipse. He was being a hormonal jerk, really. But, I suppose I can understand where he was coming from. I felt really bad about how Bella just sorta dropped him in New Moon; I was soooooo mad at Bella. XD
Moving on.
I felt terrible for Edward. Like, really. Bella was just being so... I don't know, wrong to him. It was ridiculous. I expected better from her. XD
So, all in all, Eclipse was an upsetting book for me when it came to the 'love triangle.' I'm really glad Bella is staying (and getting married) to Edward. Jacob, like Leah said (I <3 Leeeaaah), needs to get over it.

Reels

Alisox
Crew

5,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:16 pm
I pretty much hated it. I cant honestly say I like Twilight as much even, it comepletely ruined the whole series for me.

Stephenie says her characters write her stories...maybe she should reel them in a bit and take control again.

I was disappointed in Bella all-in-all. It isnt like her to even think about anything like life without Edward, not for a moment. That should not have been a difficult decision, yet it was basically the whole book. Ugh. Raise your hand here if you honestly and seriously think she should have gone with Jacob or like that pairing better....Yeah, thats what I thought too.

Edward was NOT Edward. Edward cant handle Mike even looking at Bella, but suddenly he's all noble and lets Bella KISS Jake? He would have wrung Mike's neck, even if Bella wanted the kiss! Edward wasnt Edward, and I think that was one of the biggest turn offs for me.

And Jake was an a** through and through. He had his serious moments, but most of the time he was just arogant and obnoxious and just plain blech. He used to be sweet, and I wouldnt have minded Bella letting Edward feel a little threatened, but now that he's like this it seems like a joke that Bella would even consider staying with him over Edward.

I feel like I wasted my summer away waiting anxiously and counting down for something I enjoyed almost as much as a dentist's visit. neutral

Hmmm, was I too harsh?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:28 am
Alisox

Stephenie says her characters write her stories...maybe she should reel them in a bit and take control again.

LOL. I think Jacob must have taken over. Everywhere. I never want a see a book with that much of him in it ever again.

Alisox

I was disappointed in Bella all-in-all. It isnt like her to even think about anything like life without Edward, not for a moment. That should not have been a difficult decision, yet it was basically the whole book. Ugh. Raise your hand here if you honestly and seriously think she should have gone with Jacob or like that pairing better....Yeah, thats what I thought too.

Edward was NOT Edward. Edward cant handle Mike even looking at Bella, but suddenly he's all noble and lets Bella KISS Jake? He would have wrung Mike's neck, even if Bella wanted the kiss! Edward wasnt Edward, and I think that was one of the biggest turn offs for me.

I was mad at Bella for changing, if that's even the right word, her once-were "brotherly" feelings for Jacob. I mean - brotherly and Yes-I-will-marry-you feelings are two totally seperate things. Throughout Twilight and NM, it felt like she and Edward were never going to be seperated and their love would always be for each other. I was disappointed that she would have thrown that all away, especially when Edward's obviously so crazy about her.

Edward disappointed me too, like you said: I thought he was way too nuetral when it came to Bella kissing Jacob. I can't believe he just sat back and took that; you raise a good point with the whole Mike-Newton situation.

Alixox

And Jake was an a** through and through. He had his serious moments, but most of the time he was just arogant and obnoxious and just plain blech. He used to be sweet, and I wouldnt have minded Bella letting Edward feel a little threatened, but now that he's like this it seems like a joke that Bella would even consider staying with him over Edward.

Yeah, he was. I really, really hated him in this book: Can he not take a no? He deserved that slap. It does seem like a joke.

Alisox
I feel like I wasted my summer away waiting anxiously and counting down for something I enjoyed almost as much as a dentist's visit. neutral

Hmmm, was I too harsh?

XD. I liked the book, overall, especially the parts about Jasper's history and the actual fighting-part between the Cullens/werewolves and the bad vampires. What I didn't like was how some of the characters acted. Gah. I want to see how she wraps it all up in Breaking Dawn.  

chyuu

chyuu

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:36 am
Reels

Bella was very much ticking me off with the whole skipping from Edward to Jacob thing. I think, personally, she's better with Edward, of course.
Poor Jacob.
I can't wait till he imprints; it'll fix so much stuff. XD

3nodding I think she'd be better off with Edward, too. That imprinting thing just made me want to smack Jacob, though, because he knew, as soon as he found his imprinted, he would have dropped Bella like a rock. How could you want to do that to someone you love?

Reels

I felt terrible for Edward. Like, really. Bella was just being so... I don't know, wrong to him. It was ridiculous. I expected better from her. XD
So, all in all, Eclipse was an upsetting book for me when it came to the 'love triangle.' I'm really glad Bella is staying (and getting married) to Edward. Jacob, like Leah said (I <3 Leeeaaah), needs to get over it.

Scoooree. XD I'm glad they're getting married, too. Wish I could have seen Renee or Charlie's reaction, though. Hee!

You like Leah, really? I felt bad for her. (Bella could see what being dumped by Sam after he found his imprinted did to Leah - why would she want that for herself?)  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:52 am
Evil_child1301
I understand why Bella is so upset but I mean COME ON! Jacob is her friend/her brother even! I agree with Choirperson, Bella DID make her relationships WAY too complicated, I fully respect her trying to hang on to her "sun", but she had to learn to let go of him a little. I know part of her didnt want to part with Jake, but its just like she said earlier in da book she Loves him but shes not IN love with him (and as much as I LUV Jake) I think he was a lil too pushy trying to get her to be with him.That made things much more difficult.

what realy creeps me out, is that i thought i was going CRAZY in new moon thinking she loved him. thought i was absolutely nuts, even if it really looked like it. and now, naturally, i'm pissed that i was right. we fangirls can just NEVER be happy, can we, lol? well, actually, it just bugs me that after he knew she was getting MARRIED he kept it up like, whatever, as long as the invitations aren't out yet, who cares she loves me too. the terribble terrible evilness!! it's sad, though, because he thought he was doing things right.

katgems

Anxious Phantom

Vivacious Veela

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:24 am
[Small wall of text!]

I have to agree with chyuu on what she said - I think Bella was under an extreme amount of stress in Eclipse, in between trying to gain her best friend back, worrying about getting changed into a vampire, the sudden threats, and marriage. Seems like she took too much upon herself and didn't devote enough time to sorting out her feelings, so they just sort of bounced around in her head. It was unfair to Edward, sure, and to Jacob, but she's only human, so I can't really blame her. I do feel a bit cheated, however, that she would do that to Edward. I was under the impression that their love was infalliable, and it was a shock. I was also kind of let down that, extenuating circumstances or no, Bella would agree to marry Edward and then go off with Jacob. I think she was a bit selfish; she wanted the best of both worlds and didn't realize that she was hurting everyone by doing that.

They all acted equally sneaky and unfair, I thought, but Jacob was out-of-hand. It was like he couldn't take no for an answer, and that bugged me. He was obviously in love with Bella, but like someone else pointed out, what about the imprinting? If he had found his imprinted and had been with Bella at the same time, Bella would have been heartbroken. How can you claim to love someone and want to do that to them?

On the other hand, it seemed like Bella was kind of pulling the same move on Edward - there she was, agreeing the marry him, and at the same time was still unsure about whether or not she loved him or Jacob. I think Edward got the worst end of the deal in this book; that scene about the motorcycles broke my heart for him.

I am glad that he and Bella are going to marry - I knew they would be together at the end, but I admit I never really saw Jacob as being an actual threat to their relationship. I thought it was all one sided. I can't wait to find out what happens in Breaking Dawn. (:  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:28 am
personally, i was surprised to find out that Bella really was in love with Jacob.... i never would have even suspected that that was the case...

but of course she made the right decision between what she needed (Edward) and what she wished she could have (Jacob)  

allieballie17

chyuu

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:56 am
katgems
Evil_child1301
I understand why Bella is so upset but I mean COME ON! Jacob is her friend/her brother even! I agree with Choirperson, Bella DID make her relationships WAY too complicated, I fully respect her trying to hang on to her "sun", but she had to learn to let go of him a little. I know part of her didnt want to part with Jake, but its just like she said earlier in da book she Loves him but shes not IN love with him (and as much as I LUV Jake) I think he was a lil too pushy trying to get her to be with him.That made things much more difficult.

what realy creeps me out, is that i thought i was going CRAZY in new moon thinking she loved him. thought i was absolutely nuts, even if it really looked like it. and now, naturally, i'm pissed that i was right. we fangirls can just NEVER be happy, can we, lol? well, actually, it just bugs me that after he knew she was getting MARRIED he kept it up like, whatever, as long as the invitations aren't out yet, who cares she loves me too. the terribble terrible evilness!! it's sad, though, because he thought he was doing things right.

Really? I never got that impression at all in New Moon. @_@ I think that was what annoyed me the most, too; the fact that she was getting married and he kept it up.

@Vivi: Lol; we've ranted about that motorcycle scene so much I'm beginning to feel like it actually happened to me, not Bella. XDDD  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:49 am
OKay the whole Jacob and Bella thing drove me crazy.

Bella-- You love Edward he's you one and only stop feeling bad about Jacob if he really loved you he'd let you be with the person you loved the most.Plus he is selfish and syupid about you and edward. He justy wants you to himself and tried to guilt you into choosing him. Hes was soo sad, then mad, then happy with you mad at Edward careless about your feelings. Hes was child. Just stop making a big deal out of it

Jacob-- she loves you but not the way you want her too. Get over yourself it hurts Bella and Edward could kill you for that. You were cocky and over cofedent. Don't ever kiss her again and you can't beat Edward sorry!

Edward-- MArry me(jk) She was always yours and she'll be safe no matter what. Just bite her and get it over it.

KrazyKay16

Accidental Affinity

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:29 pm
Let me start off by saying I am firmly an Edward/Bella fan, and I hate Jacob. I absolutly do not want her to be with him, and I was pretty annoyed that she would even consider it. But I don't hate Bella for it. I'm not even mad at her. Not even a little.

As I was reading this whole thread, I started thinking; it's actually good that all this s**t with kissing Jacob went down. She's madly in love with Edward and they are absolutly going to be together, we know that already wink . But as Jacob pointed out, Bella had never even so much as kissed another boy, much less fell in love. I hate to side with Jacob here, but I think he's kind of right in saying that Bella should, well, I hate the way he put it, but "play the field".

Don't shoot me, I'm not done yet.

I think Jacob had some valid points, but for different reasons than I'm thinking of. I think Bella souldn't actually date around or anything (my Edward-loving soul shudders at the thought) but she should at least consider her options. Why bother when we all now she's ment for Edward, you might ask? Because if after considering her options (human life with Jacob) she still chooses to be a vampire with Edward (which she did, of course) then it's really proven that it's really and truely what she wants, not what she thinks she wants. She thought through what it would mean to stay with Jacob as a human vs vampire with Edward, really considered it, and ok, she had to kiss Jacob in the process of thinking (trust me, I was not pleased). As much as I hated that it went that far, it makes perfect sense.

Alisox:
Quote:
I was disappointed in Bella all-in-all. It isnt like her to even think about anything like life without Edward, not for a moment. That should not have been a difficult decision, yet it was basically the whole book.

Yes, it should have been a difficult decision. Cause guys, don't forget, she wasn't just considering Jacob vs Edward. She was also struggling with normal human life vs vampire never-see-her-human-family-again life. It's not a decision to take lightly. It's more life-changing, more permanant, than just who-will-I-date. Bella did the mature thing by actually considering both options thouroughly. Maybe kissing Jacob wasn't the best way to do that, obviously, but don't forget she's human, and a very confused one at that. And for any readers who might have been as torn as Bella, they are now satisfied that Bella at least seriously considered Jake before writing him off just because he's not Edward.

And, IMHO, the best part? She chose Edward, even though she didn't have to. It reinforces the proof of her love for him, if that makes sense. It shows that, even if presented with other options, Bella will always pick Edward. Did we already know that? Duh. But it's nice to see more proof.

She made some mistakes. So did Jacob, so did Edward, so does the rest of the world. I'm not proud of what she did, but I could never hate her for it. Excuse me for sounding like a philosophical sap, but I'm going to say it anyway; sometimes you have to get lost a little to make sure you're really on the right path.  
Eclipse

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff