Did you cry?
  yes
  no
  I'm not telling...
View Results

miss. jenn

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:17 am
Fantasyrulz
Up until I read Eclipse I always prefered Edward to Jacob. Reading Eclipse I now prefer Jacob, Edward is way too controlling and manipulative with the whole marriage thing. COME BACK JACOB crying . So yeah, I cried. JacobxBella will probably never happen, but I sooo hope it does. Maybe if Stephanie Meyer kills off Edward in the next book?
o__o you gave me the worst feeling ever! Killing of Edward sad  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:22 am
Fantasyrulz
Up until I read Eclipse I always prefered Edward to Jacob. Reading Eclipse I now prefer Jacob, Edward is way too controlling and manipulative with the whole marriage thing. COME BACK JACOB crying . So yeah, I cried. JacobxBella will probably never happen, but I sooo hope it does. Maybe if Stephanie Meyer kills off Edward in the next book?

eek *dead*  

xoSereox

Speculum Pondero

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:35 am
J u s t a G i r L
I came very close to crying, but i had already cried all my tears away while i read the book about something else real going on in my life so my eyes were just to dry and worn out for anymore saltwater to leak out.

Throughout the book i thought Bella was "justified" with running away from edward and trying to hang out with Jake and stuff because it was always "he is just like a brother to her" in my mind because there was just no other possible reason for this, she just cared about her brother, wanted him to be happy and wanted him in her life because he was "family". But then...she loved him as in she was "in love with him"...that wasnt fair. not fair to Jake, Edward, or her. throughout the book...she was just so SELFISH!! OMG....this book annoyed the heck out of me because of that...how could she.....although i can see how he got into her heart, when Edward had left her in NewMoon and thats where Jake came to her rescue, became her knight and shinning armor...sigh..where she was at her weakest in her lost very human life. then Edward was there and she still could not let go of Jake, he had already infected her. She chose Edward, that was the right choice but only after she hurt him so much. I'm surprized yet understanding at the way he acted. i thought he would be more jealious, lash out at jake and make it clear to Bella that this was wrong, hurting him, that she just was not able to see Jake because not of her saftey but because of him and his love for her. yet then Edward will be Edward and not want to hurt Bella or leave keep her from something that might have been better for her. he didnt want to keep her from the knowledge of what she was going to give up, what else was out there...maybe he just didnt want to know her rash choice, but that is unlikely...he had to know that she would choose him...they are Edward and Bella....thats just how it is. lol. what im Itching to scream out is that i would KILL for Stephenie Meyer to write NewMoon and then Eclipse through the eyes of Edward, even skipping NewMoon and just writing Eclipse with Edwards thoughts would be a dream come true....I WANT EDWARDS SIDE OF THIS STORY!!!

Sorry about that little rant there... sweatdrop

I tottaly agree with everything. Though I didn't cry I did have a few real life situations realating to the book. I have an Edward and a Jacob. I didn't know which to choose.
After reading this book I decided to go with my Edward because I loved my Jacob like a brother... not falling in love with him and he wasn't my "soul mate." This book helped me finally decide.

I liked Jacob a lot more in this book, but I did not like when he kissed Bella against her will! That was unfair and uncalled for!!!

I know what you mean with Edward trying to let Bella make her choice even though it would kill him.

I SO want to read eveything from Edwards veiw too!!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:38 am
Fantasyrulz

LMAO! Yeah right! How is she going to kill Edward. Have Jacob die, because he's a 'not as important' main character, then Bella kill herself because he's dead, then Edward kill himself? I don't think it would be much of anything without Edward.  

Speculum Pondero

Philomath

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:06 am
Fantasyrulz
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

If Edward died then she would loose, like, 98% of ALL OF HER FANS....

Kinda pointless...

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:15 pm
i sried when she willingly kissed jacob like when she asked him yeah i cried for at least 5 mins. it hit me strongly crying  

Alice_wanna_be

Aris`

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:29 pm
I love Jacob. :'D
The part I probably cried the most was when Charlie was like
"I'm serious. I won't make a fuss. Just give me some advance notice; give me a chance to hug you goodbye."
I was bawling!

Oooh, and the letter Edward sent Jacob. The whole "Thank you for her" part hit me pretty hard and made me realize that without Jacob, Bella probably wouldn't be very sane right now.

EDIT: I managed to read the whole book in 3 days. I restrained myself from reading the entire thing the second I got it, by reading really late at night. I'd read from like, 11PM until 3AM, so when I was done, I had no choice but to stop because of how tired I was. It was a pretty good tactic. :3
Needless to say, I've been sleeping through afternoons. xD

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:33 pm
Hell i was sobbing right before the final showdown scene.. When Jacob was all saying he was gonna go die and what not. And how they kissed and everything. I was hysterical. sweatdrop Screaming "you whore!!!!"

But only b/c i knew that i couldnt' really blame her. I mean. I was just pissed at the whole situation, because I love Jacob, but Edward and Bella were meant to be.
I'm just curious now, i mean. We know that Steph's gonna stop writting in Bella's POV at some point, yes? So, that must mean that Jacob isn't gone for good, right?
I donno. I want so badly for Jacob to be happy again. I want him to imprint on someone. ANYONE. Just so that everyone can find their happy ending. I've never been one for tragedies. *nod nod* neutral

I'm sad that it's over, but i'm glad that Bella and Edward are gonna get married. smile
Besides, it's not ALL over. We'll be like this again next year. wink

Genius __ Insanity

LimonConPicoDGallo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:11 pm
I didn't cry exactly but I did feel the tears welling up and that lump in my throat that makes it hard to breath somewhat. I'm still trying to decide if what I felt for Jacob at the end of the book was pity or sympathy...  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:25 pm
I Finished The Book Last Night And I Cried!

I miss Jacob!

I Really Don't Want To Think Of Him As Gone I Love Him To Much!

I Mean Sure Some Of The Things He Did Was Wrong But Still!!!

cry heart cry heart cry heart

Xx_Midnight_Kitsune_xX

Sakki Goisagi

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:18 pm
I let a few tears go when Jacob and Bella talked finally. And it didn't help that the song I was listening to was so sad... about good byes. (Sayonara no hate by Sadie = AMAZING J-rock band. But anyways...) My favorite was the line that gave the title of the book.

A few parts had me really choked up though. I hope Jake comes back though... even if just an appearence. I don't want him to leave forever. ; ;  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:33 pm
When Bella kissed jacob under her own will I just about lost it. Aculy come to think of it again I did. It was horrible. All of that pain she caused Edward. I hated it. But then again what would we do without edward?  

oo Alice Cullen oo

3,950 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100

Genius __ Insanity

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:21 am
oo Alice Cullen oo
When Bella kissed jacob under her own will I just about lost it. Aculy come to think of it again I did. It was horrible. All of that pain she caused Edward. I hated it. But then again what would we do without edward?
Gaw I cried then too. But when bella kissed Jacob AGAINST her will, I was pissed.She had every right to hit him. Granted..it was stupid to do that, but still. sweatdrop I love Jacob I do. And sadly enough i wouldn't freak out if she chose him in the end. *shrug* But him doing that...that was just bad. *nod*  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:25 am
I only teared up a little and not for jacob, because i didint like him that much. After reading eclipse i like him more.

But the reason I cried was because bella was so torn between the two, fire and ice.  

isabella jolie

3,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200

DarknessXFool

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:40 pm
User Image
I didn't cry at the end. I couldn't, cause I don't like Jacob at all. But I do feel sorry for him.
Atleast he got his kiss from Bella

Damn you Muffins!!

Eclipse

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas