Reply Eclipse
Eclipse pissed me off, anybody else? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Did this book disappoint you?
  No
  A little...I figured more would happen...
  Yes it disappointed me also
View Results

KiraLight

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:43 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Yeah, I somewhat agree as well. I feel that more could have happened in the third book but it seems like Stephenie Meyer is just trying to spread the story over 5+ books. I wasn't really extremely disappointed with it but when I read New Moon I was thinking in my head that alot will happen in Eclipse because New Moon was really more of a getting to know Jacob kind of thing and the story hadn't progressed much.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:17 pm
I was a little disapointed, though i understood its not something to jump into becoming a vampire and all. But i HATED the ending. it just didnt fit i mean i understood it but i think it could have been alot better.  

Mitsukai Tacchi

DisMember_Your_SunShine

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:00 am
I'm extremely disappointed in the book, to me it just sort of dragged out and well...in Twilight, I actually kind of liked Bella, then New Moon, I started liking her less and I just about hated Jacob and last, Eclipse...I hate Bella so much, I don't even think I'm going to be able to read the fourth book and my respect for Jacob has gone up alittle.
Edward though, I still love him, but he actually began to piss me off. I mean, I know he doesn't want to hurt Bella by hurting Jacob or something like that, but seriously Edward, STEP UP!! He's always saying "Whatever you decide, I'm fine with" and stuff like that. Honestly, if he really does love her so much, he would have put more effort into fighting for her(emotion wise) instead of even letting her realize that she loves Jacob.
Anyways, apart from that...I'm really disappointed

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:39 pm
i agre to a point but youve got to remember that if every thing we wnat to happon in on book isnt going to happon - why pople wright fan fictions- every one has ther opinions onwhat shoudl happone she wase wrighting thet what she thought would work ... i have to say i like the what things wer explaend but i do agen that somthing elce could of happond . ther just waset enuff biuld up to the fight it wase allmost liek a filler book but sill has the info in it it felt like a filler book to me but i do agre it could have bin better  

catty_tonks_1503

xvanyaa

6,150 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:26 pm
Okay, I do think this book was a little disappointing. But seriously people? We already knew that Jacob loved Bella and that somewhere deep down Bella loved Jacob. Basically this book was a confirmation to those feelings.
And yeah, this could've been a hell of a lot more exciting, but we don't want everything put into this book. After all, then what would be the point of continuing the series?
Okay, I hate Jacob more than ever. I would understand if he just said he loved her and didn't push it. But the fact that he was forcing it not only makes him a jerk, it makes him and envious, jealous, greedy, manipulative, and racist jerk. I mean, he shouldn't have kissed her, threatened to die if she didn't kiss him, and make her question her relationship with someone she really loved and had given everything up for. I have ZERO respect for him.
And Edward is being too accepting over the whole Jacob-loves-Bella concept. Yeah, he just wants her to be happy, but what about his own happiness? He has to be selfish just a few times, and yet he's willing to just give her up. He said himself that for eighty years he thought he had everything until he met her, and he's just gonna let her walk away and let his life be empty and meaningless. If she left, he might not have the strength to go on and ask the Volturi to kill her. Which of course would force them to kill her too since she knows too much and isn't one of them.
Which brings me to my next point. Where were the Volturi in this whole mess? They didn't really question Bella's humanity and try and kill her which was probably one of the only other things that pissed me off. And now Victoria's dead, so there isn't much more room for conflict until she gets turned, and even then, there might not even be a conflict.
Now, I wasn't very disappointed that she didn't get turned cause I kinda figured that it wouldn't happen, but now I realize that there isn't much more time. The odds are that a major event like that would be saved for the end of the book which means that
A) There would be probably no werewolf vs. vampire conflict until book 5 (if she makes a book 5) and
B) What would happen during the other parts of the book? Wedding preparartions? Sex? The only other possibility would be the Volturi, which isn't likely since the date is set for her to be transformed.
Okay, another point (yeah, this will be a very long post if you haven't noticed already) why would Bella of all people turn down the oppurtunity to be changed? They all know that if they wait, yet another vampire will come seeking her out and trying to kill her, so why wait?
And the epilogue, why was it in Jacob's pov? It's Bella's story, and that whole section did not need its own chapter. We all kinda assumed what happened in the epilogue had happened, so that didn't require another chapter. It could've been much more exctitng, like, maybe including how the Volturi were watching every move they made waiting for the perfect time to strike to either kill her or make her one of the Volturi. Or how the werewolves were plottting the vampires' downfall so that they could "protect her innocent soul" or something like that.

Okay, lots of stuff I was dissapointed in, but they were really just small things. Overall, I liked it. But that's probably only because its in the particular series. But seriously, it was my least favorite in the series. Twilight was still my fave.
And now I'm totally considering writing a fic for Breaking Dawn. I just got a bunch of ideas thinking about this. Just a random thought.  
Eclipse

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff