Trying to find myself...have you seen me? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Harbone
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:09 am
Well, best of luck on the seniors, thing. Keep talking to your husband and I'll keep checking with my wife on when I can sleep in the bed again.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:43 pm
Glad to hear you and the hubby are taking those baby steps and things are starting to look a little better. We're still here for you ~ hugs heart

Harbone ~ when it comes to winning the argument or sleeping on the floor ~ the floor tends to be cold, hard, and unforgiving... oh wait, we don't know who won the argument. Worse than winning and finding the floor would be losing and still finding the floor. Good luck getting back in Umbrella's good graces. 3nodding  

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

September Wolf

Wintry Dragon

21,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:11 am
Baby steps are a good place to start! Good luck.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:24 am
Baby steps are a good thing. It is better to light a single candle than sit and curse the darkness.  

purplewiz

Mega Nerd

Sunobara

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:52 am

Goodness, I am late in this. Let me just say that I am so happy you are doing better and that if I had my way I would snap my fingers and all would be perfect 3nodding .

On a more practical note, have you talked to your Dr. about depression? I have had Chronic Depression and a really god-awful anxiety disorder for years and am just now getting them under control. I have so many psychiatric disorders they may name something after me blaugh .

I just want you to know that you have my support and if you like this kinda thing, my prayers. heart

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:27 am
Mellissandria
During a recent argument with my husband, I realized that thru the years, I've lost who I am and who I was in order to be what everyone else wanted me to be...

That means if I liked something on TV that no one else did, I learned to pretend I hated it, too ( especially something like the Smurfs..I used to collect the figurines).

Ditto music. I really liked the Bay City Rollers later stuff, (after Leslie McKeown left them), but no one else really does. Hubby thinks I love the early stuff only...which can be cringe worthy. I also like Rick Springfield, but hubby gets jealous...and who can blame him. Man is in his fifties and his son refers to him as the chick magnet...!

I used to like soppy romance movies...and in a guy dominated household, there is no room for soppy romance movies...(friend stays with myself and husband...which means at times, it feels like I am living in a frat house) Drama as well. Musicals as well.

I also used to like to sing..I don't sing anymore because no one can stand to hear my voice....so I am told.

I'd like to go back to college, but I have no idea what to study. My knees are such that I don't think I could stand for too long (which leaves library assistant out, and also most jobs). And I think I am a bit old to study for my masters in English Literature....I'd love to go into radio, but stopped listening to it in the nineties when they all went talk shock.....

Help?

Listen to me here, I am like you in many ways, lost of where I go, where my real home is, but never send yourself to such a low level, I'm telling you this from what may be a kid's point of veiw as this year I JUST turned 21, but to be Honest no one is ever too old to study or learn new things, My father for one thing, is heading into his 60's still in late 50's but he is still learning new things of how to save people everyday, and to be honest I think getting a Masters in English Literature is much easier than being in a place you must save people's lives, plus learn how to use the new stuff people make each day for life saving things, so I say plug up your nose, pick your best swim suit, put on your goggles and jump into life and opening your mind to all the new stuff you could learn each day, Mom once told me "Never lose your eyes you had as a kid, for they will always show you that even if something is shown to you for the 100th time, like the same rose, you will always find something new about it, if you just looked at it with those eyes, instead of the eyes of Adult who slowly just look foreward" So go ahead and find your eyes from your childhood and put them in for a new look on life, As for the Smufs, don't listen to a soul!!! If you like time that much still, then by Goddess like them all you want, have dolls or anything you want, I know that because I still love Care Bears and own a bunch of 1983 dolls, if anyone told me to give them up, even my husband, I'd bite or whatever so they'd see I mean to keep them no matter what, Not that I have a husband, no boyfriend in like 3 or 4 years  

BookLover87

Caither

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:40 pm
Keep in mind that he fell in love with that smurf-collecting girl you once were. People change over time. Some of what you're feeling could be nostalgia, but there's no harm in trying a couple of the older fads to see what you still like. In fact, that's probably one of the least harmful ways to test who you are now.

College is a good plan, and it expands a person greatly. However, if money is a problem, explore in the library, go to meetups with people who have similar interests, and just... well, explore everything! 50 is not too late to find yourself. wink  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:12 pm
Keep it simple go take a class that you might like to try for fun..Music appreciation, art appreciation, cooking.. Something you might love to do, even a dance class..  

ladyshari

Advice Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces