Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Scott Westerfeld Guild (first ever made)

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to Scott Westerfeld and all of his creations in life. 

Tags: scott, westerfeld, author, books, young adult 

Reply The Official Scott Westerfeld Guild
Introductions Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Twisted-Melli
Vice Captain

7,350 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:12 pm
they did the same thing with memoirs of a geisha and a series of unfortunate events.
but OH WELL  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:49 pm
Memoirs of a Geisha wasn't that bad. In fact, I liked that movie. The scenery was very beautiful. sweatdrop But I never did read the book...  

twisted words
Crew

Dapper Bloodsucker

aprildee13

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:30 pm
Hi everyone my name is April!! I am 14 years old from maryland!!
I always have loved 2 read. My two favorite series are twilight ( heart edward cullen is soo perfect heart ) and uglies!! I read all 4 of the uglies books and am pretty obsessed.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:20 pm
Hugh the Assassin
Hi, I'm Hugh the Assassin, call me Hugh, Riku, Eragon, or Robert. I answer to any of these in real life, so any of these will work XD

I'm 15

I've always loved reading. Ever since kindergarden, when I learned how ^_^

I read the Midnighters Trilogy first (and they're my favs), before the 3rd one came out, actually. Waiting for it drove me crazy >_<

I own all 3 Midnighters, 1st 2 in paperback, 3rd in hardcover. I also have Extras, but haven't read it yet because nowhere has Uglies, which I haven't read yet either.

I've also read Peeps, TLD, and So Yesterday. Peeps is the best of those 3 XDDD

(I'm a Carrier Peep!!! - I wish.....)

I know what you mean by answering to character names. My friends called me dess for the longest time because I am exactly like her.  

Luna_Lovegood_1169

vXv_tWiLiGhT~aNgEl_vXv

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:31 pm
Hi my name is Twilight Angel.

I like Scott Westerfelds books, I've only read six of them and I hope to read more. The six books are hte Midnighter trilogy(sp?) and The Uglies Series, excluding Extras I still have to buy it!

And yeah.... that's pretty much it...  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:09 am
Hey peeps. xd I'm Mikil.

I love Scott's books, and the Uglies trilogy is my favorite. I've read everything but the second Midnighters book *stupid library*

I also am a totally obsessive nerd about all my favorite books. Like Lord of the Rings, mostly. and Scott's books. and a lot of other books.

One of my bestest friends Lord of the Dingbats should be coming here soon, too.

Mikil of Southern

Lord of the Dingbats

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:45 am
rolleyes pffft, thanks for stealing my intro. xd

So... I'm Lord of the Dingbats, or Kaity if you prefer.
I'm a bubblehead, and completely crazy. Just to warn you.
Mikil is of course my bestest friend. *whisper* She's mental...

I love the uglies trilogy, So yesterday was really good, and I'm in the middle of moonlighters which is pretty cool.
TEAM ZANE!  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:45 pm
Moonlighters? methinks you've been watching too much TV. xd it's Midnighters, silly.  

Mikil of Southern

Lord of the Dingbats

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:01 pm
oh... hehe. xd
That is a good show...  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:08 pm
Oye, I'm lunexor, a hopeless addict to Science Fiction all togehter, but most importantly, Scott Westerfeld novels. I love all of them, I haven't read his first series due to the fact our library doesn't carry them, or the sequel to peeps. Otherwise, I've read basically it all.

Hopefully. XD

I love the uglies and midnighters series, as well as So Yesterday. Peeps wasn't all too bad.  

pepperisawesome

celesi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:11 am
I'm Celsie, and I started reading Scott's books for a rather strange reason.

I read author's blogs, because I like seeing that they are real people, struggling through their novels and publishing processes. I was reading his wife's, Justine Larbalestier, when she linked to his site. So I added his journal to my folder, and started reading both of their thoughts.

I went to the bookstore, intending to pick up the first book in Justine's series, Magic or Madness, but it was backordered. Deciding to wait until I could go to a different bookstore, I searched for his name, and found his work in stock. I picked up Uglies because the title sounded interesting. I loved the book, and went back within the week to pick up Pretties and Specials. I'm trying to be patient and not pick up Extras until it comes out in paperback. I'm a little obsessive that my series be roughly the same size and format.

I have to repurchase the first novel in the Twilight series, and two in Libba Bray's magic series because I couldn't wait for trade paperbacks to come out. Is anyone else obsessive like this about their books?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:19 pm
celesi
I'm Celsie, and I started reading Scott's books for a rather strange reason.

I read author's blogs, because I like seeing that they are real people, struggling through their novels and publishing processes. I was reading his wife's, Justine Larbalestier, when she linked to his site. So I added his journal to my folder, and started reading both of their thoughts.

I went to the bookstore, intending to pick up the first book in Justine's series, Magic or Madness, but it was backordered. Deciding to wait until I could go to a different bookstore, I searched for his name, and found his work in stock. I picked up Uglies because the title sounded interesting. I loved the book, and went back within the week to pick up Pretties and Specials. I'm trying to be patient and not pick up Extras until it comes out in paperback. I'm a little obsessive that my series be roughly the same size and format.

I have to repurchase the first novel in the Twilight series, and two in Libba Bray's magic series because I couldn't wait for trade paperbacks to come out. Is anyone else obsessive like this about their books?

umm....
no..
hahaha
but thats okay
obsession is good..
sometimes..  

Twisted-Melli
Vice Captain

7,350 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Telum Caeli
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:40 am
Hey everyone, I'm back! Finally, after not getting on Gaia for.... almost a year? o.0 dang

And I'm kinda surprised that I'm still Crew, after all that inactivity. Thanks, Twisted-melli! I'll make sure to be a good Crew member, to make up for it... lol

So, anyway, for those newer people that don't know me... my intros on the first page razz

I've read all of Midnighters, all of the Uglies series (including Extras), Peeps, TLD, and So Yesterday. And now I'm searching for the rest of them... I had polymorph from the library at one point, but I tend to check out too many books at once and not get them all read before they're due back... redface sweatdrop

So yeah, again, like I said in my first intro, you can call me Robert, Eragon, Hugh, or Riku, because I'll answer to any of them in real life....

OH! Almost forgot. I have a Midnighters fanfic that I'm working one... lemme see if I can find the link... http://www.fanfiction.net/~zackater there ya go. 1 complete chapter so far, and part of a 2nd one. I'm planning for it to be novel-length when it's done.

So yeah, hello again, everyone! ^_^

EDIT: Oh, and I forgot to mention that all of the books that I've read, I have. And they're all signed, too. I've met Scott twice! :3

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:41 pm
Hiya.
My name's Lizzie. (AliceCullen here though?). Anyhoo, I love reading and writing.
My favorite book from Scott Westerfeld: Uglies series, Peeps, and the Midnighters (1&2, haven't read 3 yet).
I like a lot of books: Twilight, Eragon...anything that can be read in English works for me.  

AliceCullen93
Crew

worldofbooks96

6,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:07 pm
Hey, I'm me. The first Scott Westerfeld book that I read was The Secret Hour and then plowed theough the rest in the series . I started reading Uglies and I only have to read Extras. i also read Peeps and The Last Days, which I also love. I still have to finish So Yesterday, but the half that I did read was great smile . As you can probably tell by my user name, I love to read. I suggest the book Thirteen reasons why, which I just finished last night, and it's a fantastic book, but sad. It's about a girl who records the 13 reasons why she comited suicide and each reason is a person. Each person on her list recives the tapes and listens to them, then has to pass them on to the nest person and it's about one of the people, Clay, who had a crush on her in school, and he gets the tapes. it's really good. heart but sad crying Thats all, I love to write, read, draw and listen to music. That's me XD xd xd  
The Official Scott Westerfeld Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff