Welcome to Gaia! ::

Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild

Back to Guilds

"Helping" Final Fantasy fans with their addictions since 2004. 

Tags: Final Fantasy, RPGs, Square Enix 

Reply Chatterbox (Non-FF Discussion)
Two *NEW* Kingdom Hearts Games Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which will you get?
  Birth by Sleep *PSP*
  358/2 Days *DS*
  Both! XD
  Neither :(
View Results

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:30 am
ArikaiHart
Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories is being released here on th e PS2. whee

I know! whee I actually preordered it, but I haven't been able to get to the mall in weeks, so they're not even holding my copy anymore. v_v There go my five bucks down...

I'm sort of going crazy that I haven't gotten it yet.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:33 pm
xD That's too bad; I didn't even know that could happen.

My sister's probably going to get it for Christmas, so I'm just gonna wait to play her copy. xd  

ArikaiHart

Soujii-sama

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:48 pm
I've been playing Chain of Memories, it's pretty good for a port of a GBA game. (I basically just wanted to fill in the gap between the 2 KH games). I'm currently on the 7th floor of castle oblivion.

Graphics wise, it looks like they recycled a lot of code from the original KH. All the bosses (so far)are bosses you fought in the original. The card aspect in battles take a while to get used to also.

If both KH games rate a 10/10. This one is around 7.5-8.0/10. Good but definitely not great.

btw, the horrible voice actress who plays Larxene has one of the most annoying valley girl voices that I have heard in quite a while. Too bad...cuz Larxene looks pretty awesome and completely kicked my a** a couple of times - but loses all potetntial awesomeness because of her stupid voice.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:52 pm
So it seems I spoke too soon... I went to the mall yesterday and got it. biggrin

I'm only on the third floor, but I'm liking it. I got through about two-thirds of the original CoM, but this is so much better, mostly because because you can see the characters' expressions, hear their voices and all. The one problem is I keep getting hit in the back with fireballs 'cause I still haven't gotten used to the different camera. sweatdrop Have not yet seen Larxene... but now I'm scared.  

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

Soujii-sama

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:28 am
I just finished RE:Chain of memories and am now going back to try to complete the journal. Gotta collect all those cards that are only available after you finish Sora's story as well as a whole bunch of enemy cards.

Maybe I'll start Riku's quest afterward.

P.S. The game loses all challenge once you learn megaflare.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:22 pm
O_O.....

More.....reason....to buy a psp!! I....I hope it comes out next year!  

Kazuma Ishimaru

Vice Captain

Timely Advisor

ArikaiHart

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:23 am
oh. my. god.

I HATE cards. HATE them.

gonk  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:57 pm
ArikaiHart
oh. my. god.

I HATE cards. HATE them.

gonk

I know how you feel...I finished Re:Chain of Memories a few days ago and I hated the cards. I like the idea and all...but it was a problem for me since I had a small addiction to card games as a child and learned to hate them.
The game is VERY satisfying despite that though. razz

I took many opportunites to make jokes I got reminded of while playing, with my friends. (YuGiOh abridged refrences)
-"That Zexion Kid needs to get laid"
-“Acutally, they’re just super-advanced holograms created for the sole purpose of enriching a children’s card game.” ((talking about the "worlds" they visit))
-“Who would have thought that a child could win a children's card game?” ((after beating any Organization Member))
-others i can't remember @_@  

Kazuma Ishimaru

Vice Captain

Timely Advisor

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:53 pm
Ah, those fit too well. xd

I like the card concept, and I finally thought I was getting good at it, but I apparently still suck. I sort of hate Repliku right now... I already beat him twice, sheesh!  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:13 am
Ravenwolf
Ah, those fit too well. xd

I like the card concept, and I finally thought I was getting good at it, but I apparently still suck. I sort of hate Repliku right now... I already beat him twice, sheesh!

Just spam sonic blade over & over against any human opponent (except the final boss)...you should finish the fight without taking much damage (if any at all)...just keep your distance & wait for the enemy to attack or use a sleight and then use sonic blade (to attack & break his cards at the same time)...it should take off about 1 bar of health or more...repeat a few times and it's over.

I did this on every single boss & beat them all really easily. For the last boss, just set up a magic deck and spam megaflare for both forms..you can defeat him without ever having to get close to him. Too easy.  

Soujii-sama

Kazuma Ishimaru

Vice Captain

Timely Advisor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:31 pm
Okay so....off of that tangent and onto a new one.

I really can't wait to play as the organization members in the new game coming up. I am gonna play as Marluxia and Xaldin. whee

Who are you guys going to play as most?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:30 pm
Urmom. =D

Actually, I'm not that interested in 356 days/2 (that's the title, right?). I dunno why, but the organization members (aside from roxas and axel) never really interested me. I liked the idea behind them, and I loved the world that never was, but I don't really like the members (which actually is what fuels my displeasure with the majority of the KH fics avaliable - aside from a few, I don't actually like the original KH characters).

Birth by sleep, though, is going to be kick-a**.  

ArikaiHart

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:23 am
Ah, you don't like Demyx, even? I didn't think anyone could possibly not love him. I think most of them are really interesting (excepting.... Vexen, Lexaeus, Luxord, Xigbar, Xaldin, and Saïx... so still over half of them stare ).

Oh, yeah, it's Mar-loo-sha! I never knew that before Re:CoM! It drove me crazy when I heard it! I questioned everything I've ever known before!

I'm still more interested in Birth by Sleep, though, because it's all new characters, and moreover, it's a completely new story. Obviously you've got Xion in 358/2 Days, but it's still a timeline that's already been established. We know how and when it started, we know how it ends, and it's just the middle that needs filling in. BbS is a complete unknown. Of course, then it runs the risk of losing the feeling of being Kingdom Hearts. I guess as long as we have Keyblades, though, it can't go too far. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:32 pm
Ah, I didn't hate Demyx. Yeah, I guess he could be added to the 'like' list.

OMG, Cloud's a whore. He totally kicked my a** in the colliseum (sp?). How do you get stronger cards? Do you have to find them in chests and stuff? Are they item drops? Can you upgrade current cards? I made my cure card, blizzard card and strongest kingdom key card premium cards. =_= I thought it would make them stronger, but didn't know that it would make them only one-use cards. crying

I think as long as Birth by Sleep has keyblades, Disney characters, and a cartoonishly dark style, it'll feel KH-y.  

ArikaiHart

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:42 pm
Yesh! Demyx is one step closer to taking over the worlds!

Also, Cloud is not a whore! You will love him after you beat him, trust me.

Stronger cards? They're never item drops, and you can't upgrade them. You get them in events, occasionally in broken objects, chests, and of course from moogles. So, Calm Bounty, False Bounty, Guarded Trove, and Moogle Rooms. Moogle Rooms especially are helpful, if you have enough Moogle Points.

Arghhh, premium cards! I couldn't figure out why so many of my cards weren't reloading for the longest time, and I only found out at floor eight, maybe? So consider yourself either lucky or smart to have found out when you did. crying  
Chatterbox (Non-FF Discussion)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff