What's your sexuality?
  Straight
  Gay(PM ME!! LOL)
  Les
  Bi
View Results

CrimsonxXxSolace

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:02 pm
I understand that you are afraid of what your parents will think, but you have to understand that you're not the only one feeling like this. There are many people who feel the same way. It's not bad, it's just so uncommon before that it's hard to accept it now. You should tell your parents when you feel like you are ready to tell them, you will have to tell them eventually or they'll find out somehow. So you should probably think of telling them soon, the worst is that they'll be shocked and speechless, but that beats having them find out and be disappointed that you didn't have the guts to tell them yourself. They are your parents, they may not accept it, but they are still your parents.

Don't be afraid, you can't help it if you feel that way. Just be yourself and stand for what you believe in, no matter how many people don't believe what you believe in. If everyone did, this world would be very boring. By posting that your gay here, didn't make me leave and not offer you my advice. Just be yourself, that's all you can do. I'm being myself right now, offering an advice to you. ^_-

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:57 pm
Hai i achually am still curious about my sexuality but i think im realy Bi to be honest, i havnt told anybody yet until now seen as i can understand what your saying. Im too afraid to tell anyone close incase they react different to me like my friends (but they are all fan tab so im sure they wouldnt) I dont think im going to tell my parents unless its necassary.

Comet <3  

Mythwen

5,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200

Ichinilla

Friendly Gekko

6,025 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:35 pm
Straight, but really leaning over to the bisexual side. Friends all think that's okay ^^

And parents, if not the bad kind, will probably want to hear it from you yourself, like lilipepper said. And acceptance might take time, especially from fathers.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:10 am
Im straight, but i know there are many cases when its hard to imagine how parents will react. I can only take a guess at how mine would react if i were gay, and im their own son. The only clear thing for me is whatever they say or do it must never cross your mind to be ashamed of your sexuality or think its wrong. Maybe they already know, you cant always tell, but if they dont just give them time to assimilate it... for some its a real shock. You know, social pressure and stuff.  

Elias Thanh

My Angelic Touch

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:45 pm
Ioji
I'm bi and I probably won't ever tell my parents unless I'm in a same sex relationship and far-far away.

If your parents are against it, don't tell them. They're your parents and they should love you no matter what, but just to be safe you should probably wait.
That's just my view. My dad is very judgmental and , like, literally hates homosexuals. He'd blow a blood vessel. And my mom's a hardxcore Christian who thinks all homosexuals are going straight to hell.
But, y'know. I kinda went off on my own issues. ^^;

But I guess what I'm saying it that it really depends on your parents. So, you said that your dad's really against it, so wait just for your safety.

no ofeense, but thats horrible advice. his parents are ppl he should trust. so what if hes gay? its not bad and nothing to be ashamed of. ur in love with another person who has deep feelings for u- same with a guy and a girl. if u cant open up to ur parents, u cant open up to anyone.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:40 pm
well, im straight, but soo many of my friends are las, gay or bi, adn i ahev no problem with them, and if your fathers against it heaps, then when you tel him , if he has a problemo with it, and if he's ashamed to be your father, then he just hasn't grown up yet.

but i think youreally should tell them, becaue it would be soo much more terrible if they found out from some one else, cause they'll go through the whole "trust" issue with you. So im not sure if you'll take this as good advice, but im strongly suggesting you tell you parents, and stuff, you neednt be worried or afraid about it either, my personal view of homosexuality is that, well, there's no problem with it, it just who you are, and if some one cant except that, then they arent worth it anyway

((lol, my gay friends are sooo much cooler than my male friends))  

XxXxFoxii_demonxXxX

Guardian1239

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:06 pm
It's much harder for guys to admit they're gay because they're discriminated against more. I'm straight, but I've seen plenty of people struggle with it. We still live in a male dominated society. When girls are gay, it's not as big a deal. In some ways, it's encouraged. However, people seem much less accepting of gay males.

Scientifically, we're all bisexual. Our bodies need both testosterone and estrogen to survive. Males produce testosterone and their brains change some into estrogen. Females are the opposite. Sexuality is really which sex one chooses to go out with. Admittedly, if the chemical levels are highly tilted in one direction, you should follow that.

Getting away from my explanations, you should tell your parents. You parents will probably not be happy, but they still love you. They'll calm down after a while if they're not completely insane. The scientific stuff I explained above might help in your conversation.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:12 pm
Sorry there's alot of things I don't understand and this is one of them... Not that I have anything wrong with it... I know a couple of bi people and such... But the gay culture is becomeing wider... People no longer have to hide that they are... Yeah sure there are people who thing it's wrong but if you content with youself why change it just because some one esle doesn't...  

kyoshiro2

duo7700

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:45 pm
Tell your parents when you are ready and comfortable telling them. If they begin to hate you for being gay, they aren't very good parents. You have done nothing wrong. You are only following your heart. That and your libido!

But your parents should support you... just in case though... set up a sleep over with a friend before hand so that they can cool down. Trust me, I know that sometimes parents need time to take it all in. Thats a big bombshell you're dropping on them!

And by the way, I am gay. heart  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:08 pm
Ioji
I'm bi and I probably won't ever tell my parents unless I'm in a same sex relationship and far-far away.

If your parents are against it, don't tell them. They're your parents and they should love you no matter what, but just to be safe you should probably wait.

im mainly in the same boat as this person^^^ i agree with him(her? i forgot.. (bad memory grrr)) 2......  

DvnT

MusicDragon

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:49 pm
i'm straight, but your parents should accept you as who you are. dont be afraid of your parents. trust them and they will trust you. dont keep a secret for too long. you'll have to tell them someday.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:13 pm
Biggest mistake: "Mom, Dad, I'm Gay." Only if you're in a relationship with another guy, just mention it casually in a random conversation. That way, you won't intentionally make a scene about it, and if things go well, your parents just might not care. Besides, one's sexuality is nothing to be proud of nor ashamed of.

BTW, I'm heteroflexible.

m4r1p0s4

Eco-friendly Sex Symbol

10,750 Points
  • Planetary Technician 150
  • Market Browser 100
  • Candy Fiend 150

shani26

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:53 am
Tell them only when you are prepared to the worse case. That means tell them when you are willing to live on your own, and you have your own money.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:11 pm
My Angelic Touch
Ioji

That's just my view. My dad is very judgmental and , like, literally hates homosexuals. He'd blow a blood vessel. And my mom's a hardxcore Christian who thinks all homosexuals are going straight to hell.
But, y'know. I kinda went off on my own issues. ^^;

But I guess what I'm saying it that it really depends on your parents. So, you said that your dad's really against it, so wait just for your safety.

no ofeense, but thats horrible advice. his parents are ppl he should trust. so what if hes gay? its not bad and nothing to be ashamed of. ur in love with another person who has deep feelings for u- same with a guy and a girl. if u cant open up to ur parents, u cant open up to anyone.

Seeing as how I gave a personal example, I'm kind of a living contradictory to that statement. Neither of my parents know that I'm bi and all of my friends do because my friends will support and my parents will not.

I also said that it depends on his parents, so if there is concern for his well-being he shouldn't tell them.  

baigais

Star_of_the_future

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:05 pm
I've been on the border but i should say im bi, if ur gay its ok don't be scared honestly ive made so many new friends because they were gay i wish u happiness because gay might mean happy but its not always the case if ur friend hates u for being gay he/she should die really we were born with out sexuality and thats who they loved while we were in the closet if u need anymore help message me and ill send u my friends name she's bi and her parents hate her for it they try to turn her straight but she's alot of help really so many people have come out of the closet to her first because she really understands  
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff