Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply Animated Movies
The Princess and the Frog (First Teaser Trailer Out Now!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Disney animated musicals!
  I'm excited for this movie
  I might see this movie
  I will wait for it to come out on DVD...
  I am not interested in this movie
View Results

Dr Crane

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:38 am
Otakkun
ninja For the benefit of Mr. Kite...

I honestly think that people are just too PC nowadays. I highly doubt that Disney was like "Hai guize! We should make a black main character finally and then treat her like a slaze-zorz!" People are now complaining that Tiana's lips and a** are too big and stereotyped. I think people just need to cool off. 3nodding

...there will be a show tonight. domokun

I agree, and I heard that they were angry that it was set in New Orleans too rolleyes

I think Maddie is a cute name, short for madeline of course, which is a totally great name. They're just digging for reasons to be offended really, and its prettier than Tiana, and way prettier than waht tiana is short for.

I cant wait for this movie, and I'm probably going to love it, I just hope they dont make anymore changes :/ And I hope the music is good. IT seems like the music in Disney films has gone down in quality in the last few years. Its just not up to snuff with Little Mermaid and Aladdin anymore.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:25 am
The music should be really good, I think. Randy Newman is in charge of the score...which always spells good things. ^^ domokun  

jfnbhgurkddhj8
Crew

jfnbhgurkddhj8
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:33 am
Oh yeah! I forgot to tell you guys! The first teaser for this movie is out on the official website...and youtube, probably. xD!

http://disney.go.com/disneypictures/princessandthefrog/

domokun  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:13 am
Now I'm excited its been awhile since they did a movie like that. Awesome!!! heart  

Akane Bara

The Queen of Sighs

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:55 pm
Oh, that is awesome! You just made my day. I love and miss old disney, so this is great news.

Thank you for sharing!

I do wonder how they're going to make her a princess when she's in New Orleans though... just makes me more curious though. I hope it'll be out soon.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:12 am
A lot of people have been wondering about an American princess, but the way I look at it is...Disney can make a princess out of anyone. Mulan wasn't a princess, but many people consider her one (technically, she only became a warrior's wife). Pocahantus (I butchered that spelling...) is a chieftan's daughter...but that's the equivalent of a princess in Native American times. Even Belle isn't really a princess. She only married a lord who lives in a castle. ^^ With those other classic examples, I think that Tiana will be a perfect princess. I am really excited for this movie.

Also, there is a Rapunzel musical animated movie coming out as well. I'm not as excited about that one, though, because it's more of a 3-D, Pixar-type of film. xD~ I like 2D animation so much better. 3nodding domokun  

jfnbhgurkddhj8
Crew

Tobias Mule

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:20 am
I think it might be interesting to watch. Especially since Disney is going back to the old cell-animation style. I miss those.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:13 pm
I hope it's really funny. I love to laugh. xd  

kool ken

Lackshmi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:27 pm
I can't wait for it to come out! I mean, it's history! The first black princess! heart Yay!  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:09 pm
Otakkun
A lot of people have been wondering about an American princess, but the way I look at it is...Disney can make a princess out of anyone. Mulan wasn't a princess, but many people consider her one (technically, she only became a warrior's wife). Pocahantus (I butchered that spelling...) is a chieftan's daughter...but that's the equivalent of a princess in Native American times. Even Belle isn't really a princess. She only married a lord who lives in a castle. ^^ With those other classic examples, I think that Tiana will be a perfect princess. I am really excited for this movie.

Also, there is a Rapunzel musical animated movie coming out as well. I'm not as excited about that one, though, because it's more of a 3-D, Pixar-type of film. xD~ I like 2D animation so much better. 3nodding domokun

Yeah, I looked up Rapunzel as well. If they made it 2D it would have completed my childhood dreams. I don't know, I'm still hoping that maybe if The Princess and The Frog makes enough money, they might go back and do it in 2D. I think they've been working on it for a while because I found an article about it that claimed it was coming out in 2007.

The Queen of Sighs

Blue Eyed Wallflower

Thieving Scrounger

36,475 Points
  • Married 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:50 pm
I'm getting a little annoyed at the fact that this type of movie seems forgotten. This sounds like something I might check out. I also really love the fairy tale.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:37 pm
Tigers Eye xo
Yeah, I looked up Rapunzel as well. If they made it 2D it would have completed my childhood dreams. I don't know, I'm still hoping that maybe if The Princess and The Frog makes enough money, they might go back and do it in 2D. I think they've been working on it for a while because I found an article about it that claimed it was coming out in 2007.

As for Rapunzel, I don't mind the thought of a 3D musical, as long as it's well made. Personally, I love 2D better...but it was only a matter of time before we saw a 3D one. ><;; I have high hopes for Princess and the Frog, but I'm sure that we don't have to be worried...with the amount of people that saw Enchanted, I think that the animated musical is going to be making a huge comeback! domokun  

jfnbhgurkddhj8
Crew

mari-karu33

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:47 pm
This is just great news cool  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:06 am
Its gotta be GOOD!!! I HOPE IT WILL COME OUT SOON!!! blaugh  

Htims

jfnbhgurkddhj8
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:08 am
It should be out next summer, if they don't push it back any. ^___^x domokun