Library or bookstore??? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

teenroses

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:40 pm
Hiya, heart pen&paper heart ! smile ))

I like to buy my books, because then they're new and fresh. I like reading books with the whiter pages, better than the grayer or yellower pages. I feel more interested.

smile ))

~Teenroses  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:54 am
Inepta

I love You! I should have told You when I discovered You know something about antic literature but now it's even better moment wink ! But for buing Books I can afford to buy only my fauvorite ones, the librarian vages are rather small in here...

Three cheers for future librarians! biggrin

I understand some people like borrowing from libraries more than buying, but there are definitely librarians (and wannabe-librarians) who prefer buying. smile  

UberTumbleweed

V for Virtuoso

Quotable Flatterer

9,575 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:15 pm
I really prefer to buy my books instead of borrowing, but I could go either way. As long as I can read books I'm fine. 4laugh I dream to have a personal library one day. Its fun to buy a new book to add to my collection. I could spend hours in a book store.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:45 pm
I like to buy all my books. I have this bad habit of reading four or five books at once and not having to worry about due back dates is nice. And I usually end up forgetting what happened in some books, so it's great to have the books on my shelf to pick up again whenever. Plus it's always wonderful to add to my personal library.
I like going to the library too thought, especially if my friends give me book recommendations which I have never heard of. Best to check the book out and see if I like it befor rushing off to buy them.  

Hikeriko

Mishi Love

Benevolent Loiterer

10,275 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:22 pm
I really like to read something before I buy it, there's not many things I will read over and over again. And having moved last July I realised that I had WAYYYY too many books. I started reading the HP series from the library and then bought them all, but there's a couple books I've had since childhood. Wind in the Willows & The Hobbit both are very special and I wouldn't give up, but there was quite a few books I've given away since I have enough junk to lug around.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:42 pm
All the librarians at the library closest to my house know me by name because I come too much mrgreen But I like buying books just because I can pull them out of my shelf anytime and read them (plus there's Starbucks/Seattle's Best at Barnes & Noble/ Borders)  

ChuChu101

Tomokie Masen

Angelic Fairy

11,575 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Building the Army 50
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:33 pm
I like getting my books at the bookstore. That way, if I don't like it I can burn it.... just kidding, only wanted to burn one because it was way too sappy and repetitive.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:19 pm
i actually am a rereader. heart so, most of the time, i borrow it from a friend or a library. if i love it, i'll go out and buy it and read it a hundred thousand more times. if not, i'll give it back. 3nodding yup, works for me.  

starcrosst

XGamerRichy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:37 pm
Bookstore or Internet, that way I know the book's mine, and MINE only..... ninja  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:53 pm
Bookstore. Often the book I want is already checked out of the library. There are usally more copies at the bookstore.  

xAngelxKissedx

Islua

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:29 am
I prefer the library, we go there practically every week, I always end up with a lot of books, though at the Borders (or whatever it is) you can sit and read a book, but not have to buy, if you went often and quickly enough you could read a whole book-lol.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:35 pm
Used bookstores ftw biggrin  

Mithrellas

Demonic_Valkyrie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:14 pm
I prefer bookstores actually. I like owning my books and plus there's no rush to return or renew it like when you borrow from a library.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:10 pm
My house is much too far from the library so I never get to go. I now only have the option of taking books fro my school library, only every time I do I have to start a new series that may be crap for all I know. Most books aren't but you still want something really catching, no just some random choice. I can do research or go by general idea, but I really have exhausted every book in my school library associated with whatever series I know-but I only know about 20 series. Wish I had more time and resources though. I beginning to get desperate for a good one gonk . But I'm putting rereading Deathly Hollows till summer starts-my classes take up too much of my time. crying  

TenzaZangetsu93

Audini

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:44 pm
Since I volunteer at my local library, I know how to get the books I want or need. I also get to preview new books without having to buy them.
Even though I have a large collection of my favorite books, I generally prefer the library.  
Readers' and Writers' Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff