Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
I am Legend Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

candyluvsoccer7

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:52 pm
That movie was AWESOME!  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:11 pm
Daemon Mama
Sir Raunchy McTendersoft
Misfit_the
I say.... higher budgeted 28 Days Later... the only reason someone would think it is better is because of Will Smith... I agree he did a good job acting... but Cillian Murphy was better in 28 Days Later.... and someone could disagree with that but the plot eh pretty much the same... rage infected monkeys to cure for cancer... I don't understand why they ruined it by putting in these unbelievable CG uh er... things... that could climb walls and super human strength and hell they might as well made them fly. I might have enjoyed this movie more if the very believable plot have as believable as it can get infected... not saying its a bad movie... just point out that I think its a rip of 28 Days Later

Right you are.

Except that I Am Legend was written in 1954, so hmmm who ripped off whom?

Very good point!!!! wink wink  

liverbug_o_n

Thalass Call

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:46 am

It was a good movie, I didn't expect it to end as it did.
I felt bad for Samantha... -sniff-

I was a bit disappointed that they didn't go into further detail of the infected people but if they had it would have been unnecessary.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:44 pm
One of the better blockbusters of last year. Not an honest remake of The Omega Man, but still edge of the seat stuff. I was impressed that Smith managed to get through the thing without hamming it up, as being forced to talk to yourself or the dog for alot of the film could easily have had comedic elements.  

DentedMalteser

majornj99

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:57 am
aside me... who else feel a bit disappointed about the ending of this movie...  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:35 pm
this movie was an improvement on Smith's last, but it still sucked. there was not enough veiwing of the diesesed, and it was never solved how the mannequins were movining, nor if the male was comming for the female that Smith captured, or mearly hungry for Smith. But still, it was intresting to think that the cure for cancer would turn into that.
and i agree, majornj99, the end was extreamly disappointing.  

Bloody_Coontail

Love_Titch

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:25 pm
Lool i dont care if its a remake of something else
I still enjoyed it ^_^
I was sad when his doggie died tho =[
Ending could have been better I agree
=D  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:40 pm
its' a remake? i thought it was just book turned movie... anyways, i loved it. i must say i'm not disappointed with any of it. for all of you guys saying, "it's the same as all the others. a cure goes wrong, monster super-humans, blah blah blah..." here's the thing. in the 80's and other appocolyptic decades, a lot of the movies were about a cure gone wrong. i mean, look at doomsday. EXACTLY the same. and as for the maniquin, HELLO! the monsters were there and obviously intelegent. they had planned to capture him and kill him! that's why it was important that he get back to the house and down. i can't believe you guys were dissappointed with the ending! he did form a cure! they took the cure to the city that they were going to and that's the end! what's wrong with that?! though i must say, i'm curious to see the alternate endings on the dvd  

the_forgotten_thought

Sugar Syndicate

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:18 pm
The movie certainly had a dark charm to it. It was one of Will Smith's best performances I've seen yet.

Kinda off topic, but did anyone watch those animated comics? They were really depressing....

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:02 am
Bloody_Coontail
this movie was an improvement on Smith's last, but it still sucked. there was not enough veiwing of the diesesed, and it was never solved how the mannequins were movining, nor if the male was comming for the female that Smith captured, or mearly hungry for Smith. But still, it was intresting to think that the cure for cancer would turn into that.
and i agree, majornj99, the end was extreamly disappointing.

Hi all, Just joined the guild, and it seems like it's filled with some smart people, Thank God, out of the general forums, and the "stupidification" that occurs just by reading the posts titles.

I agree that I would have liked to see more back story, so I could better understand what he went through. Next time please make the movie 15 mins longer and add it in. Maybe a bit more science of how it happened, and the Dr. who made the virus to cure cancer, having more than 45 seconds of screen time. I mean for gods sake, it's Will Smith, he can carry a movie by himself. Make the dam movie longer next time.

In regard to the mannequins, my take away was that; The "Creatures" set it up as a ploy, to trap him the same way he trapped a female. It showed that the creatures could learn or copy, and they showed emotion at the loss of the female. It kind of put them on par with a smart animal, maybe monkey like, with a dominate leader.

IMHO, one of the major threats to "mankind" is a virus engineered to do something else, such as cure a form of cancer, or attack HIV cells. Then that virus mutating other cells, and going airborne. BTW, they have a few already being tested as I write this, so be scared. eek

The end of the movie was very disappointing to me also, but expected, since he always spoke about this being ground zero, and that he could beat this. Yet we all know, always a price to pay to be a Legend!

The movie ended much like Omega Man, with the Robert Nevil (sp), getting killed, but handing off the cure to someone else. Well, I'll be around another 20 years or so, and see the next remake.

I will have to check out the alt endings soon, like later today. LOL

Stepping off my soapbox now...  

Calosis

myomoni

3,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:54 pm
awesome show! i luv it so much!!! its awesome!  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:55 pm
majornj99

i am, i think he should of defeated them all like that but o well...  

myomoni

3,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Kenshin1387

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:42 am
myomoni
majornj99

i am, i think he should of defeated them all like that but o well...

I liked the theatrical ending much more than the alternate ending on the DVD. I think that Robert's character dying was really the only way to go, I mean his character did die at the end of the book.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:46 pm
Short version: This is two thirds of a very good, very intense movie. Then there's a last third. Apparently, they liked neither the end of the book, nor Omega Man, the best of the movies previously loosely based on this book. So they made something preachy Christian and incredibly stupid up. It's like everyone suddenly caught the stupid from the monsters.

Long version: The mess they made of the end is a crying shame because they did such an amazing job with adapting the book where possible to the modern world and for film. The book is most excellent, and a shiny example of the last man on earth and the speculative fiction form, but it has two problems as a film. The first is minor, in that technology and society have moved on rather from when it was written and lay folk know a lot more about the CDC and government disaster management then they did back then. They did an excellent job at updating it, and while I might have made a different decision here or there, I'm happy with these changes over all. The second problem is huge. That is that the form of the book is essentially memoir and is by nature internal. This sort of thing never translates well to the screen. Again, they did some pretty clever things here, cannibalizing both Vampire Plague and Omega Man for ideas that would make the story more film appropriate. A small change to one book subplot mentioned in neither of the other movies, did wonders for the script and keep the important feel of the thing. Things like the manikins and moving it into the city like Omega Man did make for more dramatic shots etc., and I get the slightly different take on the family. Really, I'm okay with this stuff because I knew the book was unfilmable as is and I'd seen the trailers and knew they'd mixed in plotting from the other two movies. The miracle was how much original material appeared, really.

Unfortunately for the film's quality, it was as clear the filmmakers had seen 28 Days Later as it was that the people who made 28 Days Later had seen Omega Man, and this was not to the film's benefit. The cleverness of the last third of the book was lost as a result, and not replaced with something as cool as the end of Omega man. Instead, it's like they removed all the good bits from Omega Man, tossing them away, and then stapled a Christian tract and maybe an American flag on the corpses forehead. Which sucks frankly. They also lobotomized the hero, and while the justification held okay for the first two incredibly dumb things, buy the third and forth I was turning seriously hostile and as a result withdrew a lot of the benefit of the doubt I was willing to give them earlier for the smaller plot holes I could find excuses for.

Seriously, while I'd have rather had the book ending, I could have walked away with a new take on the Heston version, assuming it was as well done as the rest of the film, completely satisfied. I wanted to like it, really i did, especially after being seduced by the first two thirds, so the slap in the face idiocy of the ending took me by surprise. I don't get why when you have two excellent endings you make up a third really lame one and randomly tack it on in attempt to sabotage one's own box office. WTF?!? It's so senselessly stupid.  

Niran_Betta_Fish

Swashbuckling Man-Lover

37,190 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Waffles! 25

Yuki_0nna

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:10 am
I loved this movie. I thought the "God told me" part was kind of ironic, coz I don't usually see that in zombie movies or..err...people-infected-with-a-virus-that-makes-them-look-like-zombies movie. Am I the only one here who actually liked the ending? sweatdrop  
T3h Movie World

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff