Welcome to Gaia! ::

Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild

Back to Guilds

"Helping" Final Fantasy fans with their addictions since 2004. 

Tags: Final Fantasy, RPGs, Square Enix 

Reply Chatterbox (Non-FF Discussion)
A Question For Anime fans!! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ryn Langley

Otherworldly Dreamer

23,390 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • Stuffed Foodie 25
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:13 pm
Best Ending: Wolf's Rain (it made me cry, too)
Worst Ending: Serial Experiments Lain
Ending that made me Cry: Trigun
Ending that made me wanna kill someone: Inuyasha  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:18 pm
Best Ending: Darker than BLACK
Worst Ending: Inuyasha*
Ending that made me Cry: Ga Rei Zero
Ending that made me wanna kill someone: Claymore**

* Because there was NO ending, the manga was only halfway through when the anime caught up and they decided to just end it, rather than subject it to 2 years of extremely crappy filler (like the last 100+ episodes of Naruto) to give the manga some time to release more story. The manga for Inuyasha just fnished recently. No word on whether they intend to finish the story in the anime.

**Only because they made up their own ending, just like Full Metal Alchemist, the manga is awesome and the anime would have been too, if they only followed the real story. The first 20 episodes are pretty awesome until they decided to horribly stray from the manga and make up some weird ending.

Speaking of Full Metal Alchemist, Bones is making a 2nd version of FMA that follows the "True" story instead of the one they initially made. This will be their project after Soul Eater and should be out later this year.  

Soujii-sama

ArikaiHart

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:49 pm
OMGOMGSRSLY?? That'll be AWESOME, I love FMA. I never finished the series, but kept with the manga, and used to have long debates to try to persuade my friends to join me (they were all into the anime) AND NOW THEY WILL SEE THAT I WAS RIGHT.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:42 pm
ArikaiHart
OMGOMGSRSLY?? That'll be AWESOME, I love FMA. I never finished the series, but kept with the manga, and used to have long debates to try to persuade my friends to join me (they were all into the anime) AND NOW THEY WILL SEE THAT I WAS RIGHT.

It starts on April 3, 2009 and will be completely based on the manga ONLY...though I'm not sure whether they will start from the beginning or halfway through the 1st anime where the stories separated..there is very little information being released other than it will be faithful to the manga.

Here's the official website: http://www.hagaren.jp/  

Soujii-sama

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:47 pm
They'll probably start from the beginning. Otherwise... it would just be weird. What I've been wondering is if they'll have the same art style and voice actors and stuff.

I only ever got to eight or so in the manga due to lack of funds. crying So hopefully the new anime series will spur me to stop getting new series an finish the ones I have.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:17 am
Ravenwolf
They'll probably start from the beginning. Otherwise... it would just be weird. What I've been wondering is if they'll have the same art style and voice actors and stuff.

I only ever got to eight or so in the manga due to lack of funds. crying So hopefully the new anime series will spur me to stop getting new series an finish the ones I have.

As far as the voice actors & art style, the Japanese voice actors are the same and since BONES is also making this version, from what I've seen the art style is similar (if not the same) as their work in the 1st series. You can always count on BONES to produce high quality stuff - Darker than BLACK, Soul Eater, FMA, Wolf's Rain. etc.

I've also read that Funimation already purchased the english release rights and have already recruited the voice actors for Ed & Al to reprise their roles. I'm guessing late 2010 at the earliest for the english release.

My guess on the 1st episode is that they're gonna take a page out of Naruto:Shippuuden and have the first few scenes be something really exciting from around the middle of the series and then cut back to where everything started.  

Soujii-sama

Swixty

Ruthless Werewolf

11,050 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:49 pm
Okay uhm...I've watched sooo many animes that I will probably have a hard time deciding. XD

Best Ending: Baccano (Amazing series by the way)
Worst Ending: Ouran High School Host Club (...it was just like "eh. Could have been better.")
Ending that made me Cry: Trigun or Wolfs Rain (The irony is that, if memory is correct, I think they were running back to back on cartoon network several years back. XD)
Ending that made me wanna kill someone: Mythical Detective Loki Ragnarok and FMA. (I was just so pissed XD I was like "NO!!! That ending does NOT work for me!" Dad made sure to hide all the sharp objects afterwards.)

Chatterbox (Non-FF Discussion)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff