Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
Sweeny Todd Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

love-me-if-you-dare_baby2

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:16 pm
you know, most people when they went to go see it, they didnt know that it was a musical, so they hated it. i didnt even know it was made until it was already 2 weeks out and my big sis had seen it! i personally havent seen it, but ive seen the clips for the songs, and i thought that johnny depp was phenomenal! i mean BRAVO JOHNNY BRAVO!!! i love the story line cuase my sis told me, and the songs were a great add to it! out of 5 stars, id give it a six.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:39 pm
Sir Raunchy McTendersoft
Sleepwalking Past Hope666
From how many times I've watched it ,I memorized the songs.

I bought the soundtrack xD

I would have bought the soundtrack,but I don't have enough for it,
but at least I have the movie. 3nodding  

VivaHate616

Speedira

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:05 pm
I liked it a lot x3
the ending was kind of interesting too...  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:04 pm
I found Johnny very sexy as demon barber. I thought the singing might ruin the whole bloody theme of the movie. But, Tim Burton, being the amazing director as he is, made it fit perfectly together.  

LoversLoveLiarsLie

Powered By Ryu 666

Skilled Lover

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:07 pm
I didn't know the movie was based off the musical, I figured that out when I saw it. ^_^ I loved Depp's singing, he was in a band before he started his acting career, that could be why. XD I thought the movie was very funny (I'm twisted like that). Every time he cut someone's throat, I laughed as the dropped below. The acting was terrific, some times I couldn't understand what Mrs. Lovetts was saying, cuz of her accent. XD A really great movie! ^_^

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:50 pm
WONDERFUL MOVIE!!

Jonny Depp... fwooarrrgh~!

Eddie May

morbid_beauty

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:52 pm
I liked it yet I didn't...I only want to buy it because of Depp...the singing was amazing though. The acting...whoa! but idk...it goes beyond disgusting...  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:22 am
Ryuki Kirima
I didn't know the movie was based off the musical, I figured that out when I saw it. ^_^ I loved Depp's singing, he was in a band before he started his acting career, that could be why. XD I thought the movie was very funny (I'm twisted like that). Every time he cut someone's throat, I laughed as the dropped below. The acting was terrific, some times I couldn't understand what Mrs. Lovetts was saying, cuz of her accent. XD A really great movie! ^_^

I laughed too ^_^ I laugh at a lot of horror because it is so obviously fake that it's okay to laugh mrgreen I didn't realise it was a musical but in my mind that made it better because it means every time I'm working I can sing the song and remember that specific part of the film, hehe. I loved most of the songs but a few were less memorable (when the pie shop becomes popular). Bonham Carter and Depp were magical together, like always, the film is a classic smile I even paid £14.99 ($30) to buy the movie, hehe. I figured it's one up from the soundtrack, lol. If you haven't watched it, go and get it now!!!! heart  

Lodemai Poison

3,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

The77Doctor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:23 am
I liked the broadway version alot better than the movie.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:42 pm
This Moive was awesome. but my uncle fell asleep after 5 mins and was snoaring in the theaters.  

Chai Panda

De-Roche22

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:03 am
It was an awesome movie. It's one of the few (if not only) musical I'll tolerate watching. Sweeny Todd is one of my favorite movies. Hell, I liked it so much I bought the movie, soundtrack, and I have the poster hanging in my room.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:53 am
~ Please don't hate me when I say this ~
I. . . I actually really didn't like it. sweatdrop I thought that it would be gorier , and that the story and songs would be as great as everyone said , but I didn't like it one bit. (The blood also looked a bit on the orangeish side to me. ) It was an utter-dissapointment in my opinion.  

As_My_Heart_Breaks

As_My_Heart_Breaks

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:59 am
Lodemai Poison
Ryuki Kirima

I laughed too ^_^ I laugh at a lot of horror because it is so obviously fake that it's okay to laugh mrgreen I didn't realise it was a musical but in my mind that made it better because it means every time I'm working I can sing the song and remember that specific part of the film, hehe. I loved most of the songs but a few were less memorable (when the pie shop becomes popular). Bonham Carter and Depp were magical together, like always, the film is a classic smile I even paid £14.99 ($30) to buy the movie, hehe. I figured it's one up from the soundtrack, lol. If you haven't watched it, go and get it now!!!! heart

Lol ~ thank you guys soooooo much. Although I didn't like the movie , yeah i'm a loser -.- , I did laugh every time someone died and had their jugular slit upon , as did my best friend. It was funny though 'cause we saw it in theaters and several people called us freaks at the end of the movie or during the movie. smile Some even looked over at us when we didn't laugh at the death scenes. Like they we expecting us to.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:36 pm
the movie was awsome but the weird thing is that the grusome part wasn,t the cuttin the necks it was how they fell in to the basement  

The Black Eclipse

monkey_bubbles_1995

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:28 am
As_My_Heart_Breaks
~ Please don't hate me when I say this ~
I. . . I actually really didn't like it. sweatdrop I thought that it would be gorier , and that the story and songs would be as great as everyone said , but I didn't like it one bit. (The blood also looked a bit on the orangeish side to me. ) It was an utter-dissapointment in my opinion.

i agree with the orangeish blood.....one of my siss freinds pointed something out about that though.....before Sweeny got arrested his world was colorful when he came back it was dark......the blood was a brighter color cause it made him happier!!!!! SWEENY TODD WAS AN AWESOME MOVIE!!!!!!! JOHNNY DEPP ROCKS!!!!!!!  
T3h Movie World

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff