Total Votes : 38

Daffodil the Destroyer

Salty Bilge rat

44,725 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:00 pm
I've heard people joke about ripping the last page in particular out of books, and they don't understand why I look at them harshly while they're laughing their asses off. It's not remotely funny.

I have no problem with people writing/taking notes in books they own personally, but I get annoyed when I pick up a book that I expect to be clean of any extra markings and find that there's scrawl all over the pages.  
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 4:18 pm
They leave the book face down and open, they through the book or they make fun of me for reading that book stressed  

Walter Joven

Aijin_Ikari

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 8:59 am
i think people do that because they are frustrated because they can't read..
or something...  
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 2:06 pm
That's happened to me. I see no point in ripping out pages...
Sometimes I'll even find writing throughtout the book or the entire cover torn off.  

xxcelestialstarxx

Nathan Galvan

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 4:56 pm
Wendy Day
I regularly go to the library and check out a ton of books (I go thrugh them so fast) and the last time I went I just got so mad, I always save my favorite book to read last and I started to read, but it seemed odd like the book was skiping around so I went back to see if I had missed any thing, and some one had carfully torn out a few importent pages so that if you where just fliping thrugh the book you wouldn't notice! I am SO MAD!!! crying
Has this (or any thing simular) ever happend to you?

That is absolutely EVIL! There is just no other word for it! Why would anyone even want to do that anyway? Not to mention, it's ILLEGAL! That is, if the book belongs to the library, which in this case, it does. I desperately hope that ANYONE evil enough to commit this ATTROCITY gets what's coming to them!

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 8:12 am
That's horrible! The library should look up that books record to find who did it and have them pay for the book scream
The closest that happened to me was when I bought a book from a library book sale and a page was missing right in the middle. Then I borrowed a book from my school library and there were about 30 pages missing right out of it, but they weren't ripped out, it was just a really bad misprint. crying I still haven't finished it, because I wanted to wait til I got a complete copy, which hasn't happened yet.  

Mithrellas

Dragonfanatic24

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 10:02 am
That has never happened to me and I hope it doesn't. If I got far into it then I had to stop it would always be in the back of my mind nagging me. cry  
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 3:05 pm
Walter Joven
They leave the book face down and open, they through the book or they make fun of me for reading that book stressed
Sometimes I leave my books open, facing down if I need to put the book down for a minute and don't have anything to use as a bookmark. ^^;  

Daffodil the Destroyer

Salty Bilge rat

44,725 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Audini

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 8:09 pm
It's not so bad if it's your books you put facedown. The ones at the library are supposed to last for a while so people can actually enjoy them... and putting them facedown too often will break the spine and make it much harder to find that same pleasure (as will writing in them or tearing out the pages).  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:06 pm
Quote:
There are some instances where pages just fall out if a book is worn. I've had this happen to me, although it was with my own books, not those from a library. My Harry Potter books are completely falling apart.

No I know what you seen, those normally fall out closed to the spine, these where torn about a few centemiters from the spine.  

Wendy Day

Distrustful Detective

6,175 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Team Edward 100
  • Citizen 200

Wendy Day

Distrustful Detective

6,175 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Team Edward 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:07 pm
oops... I spelled seen, instead of mean. redface  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:56 am
Every old copy of one of Shakespeare's plays in my school has rude comments in them. I've added to them sometimes too, or underlined some immature joke in pencil. The books are already 60 years old and most are missing about 40 pages at some point. How fun.
One of my friends folds the book completely around like 00 to 0behind0, so the spine is like I0 instead, it looks painful and I don't lend her my books anymore T____T too scary!  

Theresacatonthewall

xAngelxKissedx

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:51 am
I hate it when that happens.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:16 pm
Daffodil the Destroyer
I've heard people joke about ripping the last page in particular out of books, and they don't understand why I look at them harshly while they're laughing their asses off. It's not remotely funny.

I have no problem with people writing/taking notes in books they own personally, but I get annoyed when I pick up a book that I expect to be clean of any extra markings and find that there's scrawl all over the pages.

To be brief, I concur completely.

the howie

5,050 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Medic_Streak

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:39 am
irock708
It's happened to me before... but it's not a really big deal for me since it's not really my book to begin with, ahahaha.

But if it's from my own personal collection, then yeah, I'd get pissed.

Yeah seeing as its not my fault it would not bother me so much. but....I hate when i return the book and they BLAME ME for it, which isn't fun at all. But i can usually figure out the story line anyways. Most plots are too predictable.  
Readers' and Writers' Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff