Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply {::The Official DeviantArt Guild::}
"Orphaned Work" - This is not funny, not funny to the least. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ghost of the earth

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:15 pm
WHAT!?

this is just so, so ludicrous!!!!!

it pisses me off!
*idiots,stupidstupidtsidioikkljdfkjdfkj!*jfhjhf  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:35 pm
That would be bad!  

Dark Mage Sabrina

akuza3000

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:38 pm
This should never be put through art even fan art comes from the artist and shouldn't be taken by other just because they want to if you want it that bad ask the artist just don't steal it this is a crisis indeed  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:16 am
I can't say I'm a fan. =/  

We Could Be Heroes

Original Bloodsucker

8,650 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Hugoe

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:34 am
omg, that is completely wrong, and it pisses me off so much....  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:44 pm
Just a little more info on this...the big corporation companies are backing this bill so it will be easier to use your work without having to pay for it, because if the bill is passed they can more than likely use anything and then go saying it was orphaned work (even if they know exactly who the artist is, if they're not registered)....and the prices to register at the necessary registries for this bill is outrageous.....would pretty much put you or anyone else out of business, who live off their artwork.....The best thing to do is go to is to send a letter(s) to your local legislators opposing the bill....we artists have to stand up for our rights as they are now.  

Calaera Torin

shortazzoxo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:37 pm
this is bs that they would do that  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:47 pm
This makes me so MAD!! scream stressed One of my favorite DA artists gets her artwork copied and then they edit it and claim it as their own!!! It's a very good thing that she tells the people to delete it.  

shinarox

Teacup Heiress

Friendly Witch

24,550 Points
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:59 am
That is blasphemy! An an artist works hard to make their artworks, and people could just take it away? That is just stupid!

It's unfair! And they even made it sound good! No matter what freakin' heck this is called, "Orphaned Work" or whatever, THAT IS STEAL STEALING.

It's so annoying! Grrr... scream  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:38 pm
It's been the case for a long, long time.
It does suck, but there are simple and cheap ways to ensure copyright protection... And SOME ways protect you after the theft occurs, too (=Lawsuits, =settlements!).
DA copyrights everything, and DA credits you. Technically the copyright is in DA's name, but they CHOOSE to protect us, so we DA faithfuls shouldn't worry too much, and our work IS protected. But look into other methods of watching your rear with copyright law... It's very tricky.

Norel Lorre

Shameless Loverboy

lalalalalalalalalala9191

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:39 pm
Thats just wrong!  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:40 pm
Would that mean that signatures and watermarks will mean absolutely nothing, if that were to be passed?  

changeling007

Shameless Hoarder

12,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100

The Titanium Spork

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:31 pm
You have to be joking!
They're legalizing art theft on the basis that you didn't actually get it registered as copyrighted??  
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 7:46 pm
Arec_Adelaide
OMG I would have cried if this did come to pass. But seriously, that would be a disgrace to every artist and not just those online. How could someone even think to pass this?!?! scream

The same people who want to take art and music out of schools. They must just be jealous because they aren't creative. xp  

Lodemai

psycotic_wallaby

Moonlight Hunter

9,800 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:33 am
cheerfulangel
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
[ ___ ! ! " * « & ♪ c h e e r f u l a n g e l <3 » ;; ]

I only just found this out a few minutes ago, and it ******** PISSES ME OFF! In five words, this is what the whole crisis is about: Art Theft Is Made Legal. fjesanfkl;ewjiornklvhjseiofjso!! D<

Quote:
An Orphaned Work is any creative work of art where the artist or copyright owner has released their copyright, whether on purpose, by passage of time, or by lack of proper registration. In the same way that an orphaned child loses the protection of his or her parents, your creative work can become an orphan for others to use without your permission.

http://mag.awn.com/index.php?ltype=Columns&article_no=3605&page=1
^ it explains a lot more in depth than I can possibly explain, so read! ^

Other Links:
http://news.deviantart.com/article/46388/ - one of the news articles on dA
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/posting.php?mode=edit&p=149516786

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

that's really not cool. evil expecially because the artist is the creator of a work, and it's just not right for someone with no imagination to take that from them. i'm hella pissed off too!  
{::The Official DeviantArt Guild::}

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff