Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
Cloverfield Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Strange Kiddo

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 11:24 am
I'm pretty sure they're not doing the hand-held thing again. Probably because that was one of the biggest complaints against it. I loved that about it, though. So much more realistic. It was like watching cryptozoology documentaries. haha.  
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 5:59 pm
As of what I have heard... it was gay.  

marinersfan

Sir Raunchy McTendersoft

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 9:54 pm
marinersfan

It was not homosexual in any way.  
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 6:10 pm
Sir Raunchy McTendersoft
marinersfan

It was not homosexual in any way.

Man, you beat me to it!! That's what I was going to say.  

Kenshin1387

Lodemai Poison

3,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:09 am
This film was pretty cool as I watched it, only when it got to the end (which I thought was a bit lame) that I realised there wasn't any particular plot except a big monster attacking a city for no apparent reason. The monster seemed like it was a figment of someone's imagination (which it obviously was) and didn't seem particularly realistic. I would say it's a good film until the end  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:51 am
man at the end of the movie I thought I was going to puke!!but I have to say the movie was decent  

vggurl

TAD_bit_weird

Lavish Dreamer

26,000 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:36 pm
The spider-like things reminded me of the bugs in Starship Troopers. Biggest questions I have; 1)are there going to be more of those large creatures found in other locations and 2)are they mutants or aliens. The way it was filmed gave me a headache and my son had to go sit in the hall for a few minutes he got such a bad headache and nauseous. Even if it was suppose to look like an amateur was filming things around them, most cameras are made to help prevent being to shaky. Otherwise decent movie.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:20 am
TAD_bit_weird
The spider-like things reminded me of the bugs in Starship Troopers. Biggest questions I have; 1)are there going to be more of those large creatures found in other locations and 2)are they mutants or aliens. The way it was filmed gave me a headache and my son had to go sit in the hall for a few minutes he got such a bad headache and nauseous. Even if it was suppose to look like an amateur was filming things around them, most cameras are made to help prevent being to shaky. Otherwise decent movie.

how did you get a headache.......it was shaky cause it was a guy running with the camera so it would be shaky......i thought it was a pretty good movie!!!!!!!  

monkey_bubbles_1995

Lassa Genower

3,750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:25 am
Cloverfield was a series of teases that never came through with anything of substance. A run of promises never kept.

The characters were unsympathetic, we never learned anything about the monster and there wasn't even enough suspense for it to be a thriller.

It was a movie bogged down by its own cleverness that never got around to actually telling a good story about characters that are developed enough for the viewer to care about.

Blair Witch has been done.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:42 am
The primise was good, the story was even ok - I too found the hand-held camera one too many steps into Blair Witch, which never needs to be revisited again. It could have been better if there had been cut-aways from the hand-held to help people keep their lunch down. It was a bit much for the length -- if this had been a 30 minute program it would have had more impact.  

Avid Reader Annie

Octaru250
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:08 pm
marinersfan

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Well, why dont you give it a try yourself, opinions differ and yours might be different...

and the movie is quite awesome!!!

♠ ◊ ♣ ♥

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:57 pm
It would have been nowhere NEAR as scary as it was if it hadn't been filmed the Blair Witch way. I'm assuming everyone in this thread has already seen the movie, but
remember the part right before the guy holding the camera got killed? Seeing the monster standing there looked pathetic. That's the kind of shots a still camera would have gotten.

About the thing where people left the theater to puke, that was at the premiere. Because no body knew what the heck the movie was going to be like, everyone was sort of caught by surprise xD After that, the word spread and people knew what to expect.

ali is ridiculous

WillWintter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:18 pm
I hated the movie, it just seemed way over done.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:40 pm
i loved the movie......i though the whole hand held camera thing was cool.....and if the people in the movie didnt know about the monster and its from thier point of veiw then how would we know about the monster  

monkey_bubbles_1995

The NinjAfro

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:24 pm
Kenshin1387
I wouldn't mind a sequel. I loved the camera work, mystery, and the monster of Cloverfield, but I really hate that they are showing a lot of the monster in the commercials for the DVD. I would be super pissed to see it if I hadn't seen the movie yet.

Thank you burning_eyes  
T3h Movie World

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces