Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
indiana jones Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

from 1-5 how do you like Indiana Jones?
  1 2 3 4 5
View Results

Nox Eudoxia

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 10:24 am
Haven't seen the new one yet, but I did hear a pretty disenheartening review from my brother. I'll probably wait to rent it.  
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 8:10 pm
isaw it today with my parents and boyfriend. i thought it was ok, didn't think that the skull would belong to an anlien though. that put a new twist on the movie.  

mistress_hydro

7,200 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250

chuckeroo

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 3:45 pm
i liked it until it became sci-fi.  
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 12:36 pm
chuckeroo
i liked it until it became sci-fi.

exactly. i liked the action/adventure/comedy, but when they threw in the alien stuff all intense-like, I was turned off. it's not my favorite Indy.

it felt like it was planned to warm people up to the idea that there's really aliens.

Lachie

Gedral

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 8:00 pm
This review best sums up how I felt about the movie. I love Indiana Jones and didn't hate this movie...it just wasn't right.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:21 am
I liked and didn't like it all at the same time. I was a little turned off by the sci-fi aspect of it but let it slide because I thought that they did a good job connecting it to aspects of history and the head-binding of that culture. I was turned off more by heavily used computer graphics, it just didn't make it feel like an Indy film. And as much as I get on people who complain about movies not being very realistic I will have to get on my own case because I found the part where he survived the nuclear explosion in a refrigerator just totally unbelievable and ridiculous, he would have been dead end of story. But I still love my Indy so I still have to love this film.  

Kenshin1387

Octaru250
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:34 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I only saw one Indy Jones movie, the second one, and liked it a lot...and it was also enough for me to judge how different the new movie is from the other ones...the ending is VERY different...

♠ ◊ ♣ ♥

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:04 am
Yes the 2nd one was the least supernatural of all, so watching this new one must have been like 'wth'?

The other two definitely had supernatural elements but there was at least the chance of a natural explanation, no matter how far fetched. But in the new one, it's like you're stared right in the eyes by it and can't turn away. Haha, metaphor anyone? No other explanation than, 'yep, aliens.'

Gedral

Solid Arm

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:08 pm
On its own it wasn't a bad movie, but it just wasn't Indiana Jones.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:19 am
Gedral
Yes the 2nd one was the least supernatural of all, so watching this new one must have been like 'wth'?

The other two definitely had supernatural elements but there was at least the chance of a natural explanation, no matter how far fetched. But in the new one, it's like you're stared right in the eyes by it and can't turn away. Haha, metaphor anyone? No other explanation than, 'yep, aliens.'

The aliens were my problem with the thing. Otherwise it was cute silly improbable fluff, but very fun improbable fluff.  

Niran_Betta_Fish

Swashbuckling Man-Lover

37,190 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Waffles! 25
JareBearr rolled 5 6-sided dice: 2, 5, 3, 5, 4 Total: 19 (5-30)

JareBearr

5,500 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:28 pm
i wanted to watch it but i didnt =/  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:47 pm
It wasn't a horrible movie but it was definety way overhyped and it was kind of a disappointment. Indiana jones is cool and all but this one got a little corny.  

Musselhead

fangirl101

Brave Pumpkin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:24 pm
i love the old ones and the new one is pretty good too.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:19 am
The old ones were such a huge part of my childhood, and this one was just... bad. I agree with those who said that if this were not an Indy movie, it would have been okay. But it was, and it was icky. Aliens? Killer ants? Surviving a nuclear explosion in a fridge? Just... no.

When Shia LeBeouf was swinging through the vines with the monkeys, I really wished that George Lucas was sitting right beside me so that I could smack him in the face.  

Petit Four

T3h Movie World

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces