Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
How many DVDS do you own? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How many do you own?
  Under 50
  Over 50
  Over 100
  Over 200
View Results

Marcus McFlufferson

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 1:04 pm
1ly
Marcus McFlufferson
1ly
Ellitheria
Um... a lot. I'm going to guess over 100 DVDs and even more including VHS. The movie section in Target gets me in trouble... and forget going into Best Buy or Boarders gonk

Borders is so expensive it's unreal.
I bought wolf creek from Borders for £18 the other day, when I looked on amazon they had it for £5. D;

Seriously, buy your DVDS/VHS online, not from stores.

The best places are those little independent second-hand DVD stores, I bought Syriana (sp?) and Lost In Translation today for a fiver.
Or Cash Converters is a fairly good place too, but I hate their stickers. They're a pain to clean off.

But if you're after new DVDs, I would suggest Smiths or HMV. They sometimes have some quite good deals.
Sometimes some stupid ones, but often good ones.

Though I have bought the majority online. Play.com I think is the best place if you live in England. They tend to match or beat Amazon's prices and have free delivery.

HMV online is quite good for price, but they can take up to three weeks to even DISPATCH an item, which I think is ridiculous. I ended up cancelling an order from them and paying twice as much on Amazon just so that I could get it within the same month.

I know what you mean about cash converters and the stickers. It's the same with granger games. ;/

Zavvi is actually MUCH cheaper than HMV & Smiths.
I'll have to try play.com, though! I love amazon, it's actually my homepage. xD~

Yeah, those main shops like that always have a really slow delivery.

Hm. Would you say so? I've only looked at Zavvi once and I thought it was pretty expensive.  
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 1:55 am
Marcus McFlufferson
1ly
Marcus McFlufferson
1ly
Ellitheria
Um... a lot. I'm going to guess over 100 DVDs and even more including VHS. The movie section in Target gets me in trouble... and forget going into Best Buy or Boarders gonk

Borders is so expensive it's unreal.
I bought wolf creek from Borders for £18 the other day, when I looked on amazon they had it for £5. D;

Seriously, buy your DVDS/VHS online, not from stores.

The best places are those little independent second-hand DVD stores, I bought Syriana (sp?) and Lost In Translation today for a fiver.
Or Cash Converters is a fairly good place too, but I hate their stickers. They're a pain to clean off.

But if you're after new DVDs, I would suggest Smiths or HMV. They sometimes have some quite good deals.
Sometimes some stupid ones, but often good ones.

Though I have bought the majority online. Play.com I think is the best place if you live in England. They tend to match or beat Amazon's prices and have free delivery.

HMV online is quite good for price, but they can take up to three weeks to even DISPATCH an item, which I think is ridiculous. I ended up cancelling an order from them and paying twice as much on Amazon just so that I could get it within the same month.

I know what you mean about cash converters and the stickers. It's the same with granger games. ;/

Zavvi is actually MUCH cheaper than HMV & Smiths.
I'll have to try play.com, though! I love amazon, it's actually my homepage. xD~

Yeah, those main shops like that always have a really slow delivery.

Hm. Would you say so? I've only looked at Zavvi once and I thought it was pretty expensive.

;o Really?
Last time I was there I picked up The lost boys for £3.
They also have a deal of 3 DVDS for £20, and they have The peep show series 1-4 for around £30.

ReturnToOz

Pogs410

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 5:55 pm
i am only guessing for how many i have @home.
but i know i have 25 movies and 5 seasons here @ college w/ me
wink  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:44 pm
twenty something i guess.  

Ulrich Zola

Kenshin1387

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:03 am
Most definitely over 200, but the funny thing is I seem to only watch the same 20 movies in my collection. There are some I havn't even watched yet.

I get all of mine used from Hollywood Video, eBay, or Half.com.

Does anyone else wish that buying a dvd without the plastic case was an option? I keep my dvds in a case and have tons of the empty cases stored away. I want to just throw them out but I can't bring myself to do it.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:43 pm
I own approximately a hundred.... I usually buy @ Best Buy,Wal-Mart,Target,Fry's,and most of the time, Borders(because of the Alfred Hitchcock DVDs)  

Eugel_626

g h a n i m a xatreides

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:16 pm
'bout 100 in dvd's.
and close to 80 in vhs.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:43 pm
Ive got over 70 DVDs smile and growing.  

xaviersxmen

Post Coital Cookie
Captain

Bloblike Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:43 am
140+  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:22 am
My DVD count just reached 200, when I bought Sin City 3nodding  

Hanzq

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Voter 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Post Coital Cookie
Captain

Bloblike Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:57 am
Ooo, nice buy!  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:44 pm
I have maybe 100 dvds
and well over 200 VHS  

Bebop McFly

gOtHiC_MuSiC_DeVviL

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:30 pm
I have bout 120 dvds biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:03 am
i own around 100  

x--stevee--x

Spheren

Beloved Dabbler

6,100 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:01 am
around 500 plus... plus... sweatdrop

Yes... I OWN A LOT of movies. DVD's not including the ones on the computer..  
T3h Movie World

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff